Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding (32530 Views)

Groom Calls Off Wedding After Discovering Bride Visited Her Ex (pics/video) / I've Courted My Fiancee For 5yrs And I Never Touched Her Hand- Nigerian Man / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by ijustdey: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2019
A businessman, Alhaji Shehu Marafa , on Friday prayed a Gudu Grade II Court to order his estranged fiancee to return the N 500 ,000 he gave her to plan their wedding.

Marafa filed a suit against Aisha Shetima over her failure to honor the marriage agreement between them .

He alleged that Shetima collected N 500, 000 to plan for their wedding.

In his testimony before the court , Marafa claimed that in February , he went to meet Shetima ’s parents in Bauchi after which he paid N 50,000 as bride price and gave the parents N20,000 , a basket of Kola nuts and a carton of sweets as part of the marriage negotiations.

He then said that after the engagement , the wedding was fixed for April 27 .

Marafa also told the court that 2 weeks after the introduction , she called him and cancelled the wedding because she was no longer interested.

He then said the father returned the N 70 , 000 given to them during the introduction but Shetima refused to return the N 500 , 000 he gave her.

“ I gave her N 200 ,000 cash to her as part of the marriage expenses.

“ I also transferred N 300 , 000 to her account when she started disturbing me for her balance.

“ After she said she wouldn’t marry me again without giving a reason, I pleaded with her repeatedly but she bluntly refused to reconsider.
“ I then informed her father who said he was going to talk to her.

“ A week after , her father called and said she still insisted on calling of the wedding.

“ Her father then returned the N 70 ,000 and paid it into my brother ’ s account who then transferred the money to me .

“ My brother then told me that he told her father that he has forgiven the basket of kolanuts and carton of sweet and so he didn’ t need to return them .

“ Aisha , however, has refused to pay my N 500 , 000 back .” He told the court.

In her defense , Shetima told the court that the reason she called off the wedding was that Marafa didn’ t give her an option .

She said she informed Marafa that the date they fixed would not be convenient for her but he insisted on that date.

“ After telling him that April would not be convenient , he told me that if I didn’ t go ahead with it , he would begin to suspect me .

“ As a result , I decided to call off the wedding, ” she said.

The Judge, Ado Muktar adjourned the case till July 3 for judgment .
( NAN )

https://punchng.com/man-sues-fiancee-for-refusing-to-go-ahead-with-wedding/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
I also transferred N 300 , 000 to her account when she started disturbing me for her balance.

Her balance? Balance of what actually? Is she selling herself to him for 500k? The normal Northern marriage does not exceed 200k even if she's the daughter of the Emir.

Make the guy surfree with the lies abeg.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by harkandey(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
inconclusive marriage grin

14 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Evablizin(f): 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
Aisha ,return his money to him,shebi you no won marry again but you won shop #500k.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by chukwuibuipob: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2019
sad what a thief? She shud pay interest on dat 500k self

17 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Exempted: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
Hmmmmm
She should return the money na.... But the man shine congo na cheesy... Abi dem no date

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
afonja doing wat they know best

5 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Uyi168: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
... Gave u money to plan wedding..
Wedding didn't hold, it's very fair for the money to be returned..

14 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Kendumazy(m): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
She should return the money. Awon sakamanje! Guys! Hope you are learning.

Last batch of men long sleeve shirt from India on
clearance sales. 1500 per piece. Check link https://
www.nairaland.com/5224414/clearance-sale-last-
batch-men

3 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by iconic144: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
sad what a thief? She shud pay interest on dat 500k self

if not more sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2019
grin

9 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by hisexcellency34: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
Is This not the man with the longest dick?
Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by NoBetterNigeria: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
Wedding go wrong
Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by nkwuocha: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
grin

So this Nigerian women don dey use marriage dey scam men.And when you c them rolling in altars , you go think say them seriously need husband "to love and to hold!"

6 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by pinkygurl(f): 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2019
Marry.you didn't marry him. grin Aisha Aisha Aisha how many times did I call you?please return his money na shocked

11 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by IjebuWarrior: 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2019
cool
Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
grin

I stand with Aisha on this, no return any money, those imbeciles guys must get sense by fire, by force

which wedding required you give your woman money to plan for wedding. giving her money for what she need is a different case but money to plan wedding ?

Aisha if you're reading this, pls both the money he spent on you and the one he gave you foolishly to plan invincible wedding, no return em. on behalf of GMGS Nairaland chapter we stand by you gidigba

3 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by lilfreezy: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2019
I actually love this. Some women think spending money is easy. They will not make up there mind until its late then they cancel. Wo, no problem but pay me all my money nne

2 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Ubdavis(m): 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2019
U guys aren't simply compatible. The best thing has just happened ...

2 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Enskynelson(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2019
Erediauwa:
I also transferred N 300 , 000 to her account when she started disturbing me for her balance.

Her balance? Balance of what actually? Is she selling herself to him for 500k? The normal Northern marriage does not exceed 200k even if she's the daughter of the Emir.

The lady didn't deny she was given the money according to the report. Why are you denying it for her? Is it your deny?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
That Shettima lady is a thieve!
She should be stoned to death isha Allah! angry

2 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by mctfopt: 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
Erediauwa:

He may not be lying as there is always bank statement to verify the transfer

5 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Optimus212: 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
My friend, return his money back to him!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by AnanseK(m): 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
wifeesnatcher:
grin

so Shettima na unisex name for North, good to know that
I stand with Shettima on this, no return any money, those imbeciles guys must get sense by fire, by force
which wedding required you give your woman money to plan for wedding. giving her money for what she need is a different case but money to plan wedding ?
Shettima if you're reading this, pls both the money he spent on you and the one he gave you foolishly to plan invincible wedding, no return em. on behalf of GMGS Nairaland chapter we stand by you gidigba

You have comprehension problem. The woman’s name is Aisha Shettima because her family name is Shettima, so how did the name Shettima became Unisex?

5 Likes

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by hopexter(m): 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2019
Erediauwa:

So the guy is now the fault after reading all these? Do you think he won't have the transfer statement before making such accusations? Is Either Aisha is your Niece or you're just a male Feminist undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by slivertongue: 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2019
Love gone sour. bt marriage no be by force
Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by Optimus212: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2019
lilfreezy:
I actually love this. Some women think spending money is easy. They will not make up there mind until its late then they cancel. Wo, no problem but pay me all my money nne

Am telling u!!.....dey feel dey can get away with every of their actions. U don't want to marry d guy but, still in hold of d money.

Trust women at ur own peril. undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Sues Fiancee For Calling Off Wedding by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
AnanseK:

You have comprehension problem. The woman’s name is Aisha Shettima because her family name is Shettima, so how did the name Shettima became Unisex?

is that why you want to have high blood pressure? lemme burst your brain, my incomprehension will not restore your lost senses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things You Must Know Before You Turn Your Lover To Spouse / Ladies, 8 Guys You Should Avoid If You Want A Prosperous Financial Life / ROMANTIC STORY: My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (part 9 - Final Episode)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.