Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? (11707 Views)

The Divine Formula Of John 3:16: Grace + Obedience ➞ Everlasting Life / Do You Have An Immortal Soul? / There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Jozzy4: 10:33am On Jun 25, 2019
Emusan:

Soul.....

because it's already established that both God and man can kill the BODY

Soul kwa? Lolzzz grin

Go and answer your query, or did Jesus lied at Matthew 5:30 ?
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 10:50am On Jun 25, 2019
haywizzy007:
A whole pastor...lol
I believe he has learnt something new today..he now knows the Greek equivalent of Sheol is Hades

Mr. shadeyinka, for the sake of next time..Sheol, Hades, Hell and Grave. All these terms have the same meaning ascribed to it.

I hope you had read a little of the past posts before opening you mouth any how. Since you don't read, let me refresh you again

Jozzy4:
Shadeyinka what is the Greek equivalent of Hebrew Sheol ?

Today u will know you are very shallow in understanding

Jozzy4:

U see that shallow one called shadeyinka that said no single reference to Hell as Grave in the NT , little knowledge did not let him know the Sheol he admit as Grave is the same as Hades .

It's obvious you have forgotten what led us to this ! It started with

Barristter07:

You confirm translation error !

Jozzy4 , this thread will do some factory settings grin , Shadeyinka and albhagdadi see your partner admiting Hell is use for Grave , something you both vehemently denied . its all right . wahala dey the enemy camp like one friend of mine do say grin grin

Emusan, Which one does hell means here, Grave or place of torment ? One thing is certain the body is present in this hell.

shadeyinka:

No one ever disputed that.
In the old testament, almost every reference to hell means the grave or the place where the dead goes(sheol) or a place of sorrow depending on the context.

In the new testament none of the reference to hell refer to the grave but a place of torment and punishment.

The problem is that JW wish to hide the fact that hell exists so they put all reference to hell to mean grave. That is very wrong.

Can you find a single new testament verse that calls or describes hell as the grave?

Mar 9:43:
"And if your hand offend you, cut it off: it is better for you to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:"

In JW dictionary, does fire burn in the grave!?
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2019
Jozzy4:

Shebi no reference to Hell as Grave in NT ?

What's the Greek equivalent of Sheol, let us see if it appear in NT nah ?
You argue like a dummy!

The question was:
Can you find a single new testament verse that calls or describes hell as the grave?

I even used the word "describe" so that you don't need to find exact Quotes

Why didn't you read my response or answer the question!
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Jozzy4: 10:54am On Jun 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

You argue like a dummy!
Why didn't you read my response!

Chai ! So so silly

You and aLBHAGDADI keep saying and asking show us a reference in the NT of Hell as Grave, didn't you ?

To answer your question. I said if Sheol Is Grave , What is the Greek equivalent of Sheol ? After telling us, we will see if it appear or not.

U are the dummy, can u see ?

1 Like

Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Jozzy4: 10:56am On Jun 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

I hope you had read a little of the past posts before opening you mouth any how. Since you don't read, let me refresh you again

It's obvious you have forgotten what led us to this ! It started with

Haywizzy, don't be offended , he has actually realize his mistake . but we won't let him go Scot free. Tell us the Greek equivalent of Sheol ,?
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Jozzy4: 10:57am On Jun 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

You argue like a dummy!

The question was:

Hades u said is not grave and any translation that call it grave is fake, Do u still maintain this stand? If you do why will a Greek Bible render Sheol with Hades as equivalent ?
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Jozzy4: 10:57am On Jun 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

You argue like a dummy!

The question was:

Hades u said is not grave and any translation that call it grave is fake, Do u still maintain this stand? If you do why will a Greek Bible render Sheol with Hades as equivalent ?

1 Like

Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Emusan(m): 12:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
Barristter07:
Let's see if it's a thing or person .

When Jesus spirit return to God, was Jesus in heaven that day?

Answer my question first....

If you don't answer it forget about my reply.

Hypocrite!

It trashes you as a liar, U dubious person! grin

What Did God cast into this Hell I asked ../ your response: Soul alone. Despite Jesus saying BOTH soul and body.

Olodo....

We're talking about Matthew 10 & Luke 12 even specifically on Luke when you asked that question but look at your lying mouth spew nonsense here

Let the next verse reply you better:

"
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole BODY should be CAST INTO hell.
KJB

Will God cast the Body into Hell too?

Lying master, this is Matthew 5, how does Matthew 5 next to Matthew 10 If not because you've been taught to lie.

And Jesus statement here is about having half part of your body to make heaven is better than the whole body INTACT without heaven before you enter grave.

This is different from where Jesus distinguished openly BTW the BODY and SOUL by saying

Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"

Luke 12:5 "But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
Jozzy4:

The correct thing is to look at ALL the several shades of meaning of Hades and see if it translates into the word GRAVE!

Languages do not always have equivalent translations
Example:

IN ENGLISH Fire: could mean
1. Flame
2. Fire as in shooting from a Gun (fired a Gun)
3. Fire as in Sack from employment
IN YORUBA Ina: could mean
1. Flame
2. Trouble (Ina ma o Loni) You are in trouble today
3. Lice (an insect)

The question really is:
Translate Hades into every shade of its meaning and it wouldn't mean Grave.

You desperately want Hades to mean Grave but sorry it doesn't.
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Janosky: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

The correct thing is to look at ALL the several shades of meaning of Hades and see if it translates into the word GRAVE!

Languages do not always have equivalent translations
Example:

IN ENGLISH Fire: could mean
1. Flame
2. Fire as in shooting from a Gun (fired a Gun)
3. Fire as in Sack from employment
IN YORUBA Ina: could mean
1. Flame
2. Trouble (Ina ma o Loni) You are in trouble today
3. Lice (an insect)

The question really is:
Translate Hades into every shade of its meaning and it wouldn't mean Grave.

You desperately want Hades to mean Grave but sorry it doesn't.
https://www.bibletools.org
Hades
"(verse 23) is the Greek word for
"grave." The King James Version
generically translates hades into "hell,"
as it also does the Greek words
tartarus (the present condition of
darkness and restraint of the fallen
angels or demons) and gehenna (a
place at the bottom of a high ledge at
the south end of Jerusalem where
garbage and dead bodies were
dumped and burned). Other Bible
translations correctly distinguish the
different meaning in these words."

$$$ ** https://biblehub.com/greek/86.htm

****## Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 86: Ἅιδης

1. a proper name, Hades, Pluto, the god of
the lower regions; so in Homer always.
2. an appellative, Orcus, the nether world,
the realm of the dead (cf: Theocritus, idyll.
2,159 schol. τήν τοῦ ᾅδου κρούει πύλην .
τουτ' ἔστιν ἀποθανεῖται . In the Sept. the
Hebrew שְׁאול is almost always rendered by
this word (once by θάνατος , 2 Samuel 22:6 )
; it denotes, therefore, in Biblical Greek
Orcus, the infernal regions, a dark ( Job
10:21 ) and dismal place (but cf. γέεννα and
παράδεισος) in the very depths of the earth
( Job 11:8 ; Isaiah 57:9 ; Amos 9:2 "

*** Bro, be humble and ditch your pride.
Accept the truth..
In my last post to you on this thread, I had advice you to "stop deceiving yourself ".
That advice still stands.
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
Janosky:

Hades
"(verse 23) is the Greek word for
different meaning in these words."

$$$ ** https://biblehub.com/greek/86.htm

1. a proper name, Hades, Pluto, the god of
2. an appellative, Orcus, the nether world,
the realm of the dead (cf: Theocritus, idyll.
2,159 schol. τήν τοῦ ᾅδου κρούει πύλην .
τουτ' ἔστιν ἀποθανεῖται . In the Sept. the
Hebrew שְׁאול is almost always rendered by
this word (once by θάνατος , 2 Samuel 22:6 )
Orcus, the infernal regions, a dark ( Job
10:21 ) and dismal place (but cf. γέεννα and
παράδεισος) in the very depths of the earth

*** Bro, be humble and ditch your pride.
Accept the truth..
In my last post to you on this thread, I had advice you to "stop deceiving yourself ".
That advice still stands.

Janosky:

Hades
(verse 23) is the Greek word for
different meaning in these words.
Grave or Tomb in Greek is μνῆμα (mnema) OR μνημείου (mnēmeiou)
Hell on the other hand is tartarus or gehenna or Hades.

Is there one place in the new testament where the word μνῆμa OR μνημείου Greek words for Grave or Tomb described or as HELL or used to mean HELL?

Can you see how you have been fed a strong dose of deception?
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Janosky: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

Only fake translations would translate the Greek HADES to Grave in Rev 20:13. The interlinear Greek English is presented in the attached picture.

If this is your best answer
Do you now agree that there is not a single passage in the New Testament that refer to or describes the grave as Hell!

This bro is in sifia pains.

$$$ ** https://biblehub.com/
greek/86.htm
1. a proper name, Hades, Pluto, the
god of
2. an appellative, Orcus, the nether
world,
the realm of the dead (cf: Theocritus,
idyll.
2,159 schol. τήν τοῦ ᾅδου κρούει
πύλην .
τουτ' ἔστιν ἀποθανεῖται . In the Sept.
the
Hebrew שְׁאול is almost always
rendered by
this word (once by θάνατος , 2 Samuel
22:6 )
Orcus, the infernal regions, a dark
( Job
10:21 ) and dismal place (but cf.
γέεννα and
παράδεισος) in the very depths of the
earth

**Acts 2:27 is a quote of Psalms 16:10.

New International Version
because you will not abandon me to the
realm of the dead, you will not let your holy
one see decay.
New Living Translation
For you will not leave my soul among the
dead or allow your Holy One to rot in the
grave.
English Standard Version
For you will not abandon my soul to Hades,
or let your Holy One see corruption.
Berean Study Bible
because You will not abandon my soul to
Hades, nor will You let Your Holy One see
decay.
Berean Literal Bible
for You will not abandon my soul into
Hades, nor will You allow Your Holy One to
see decay.
New American Standard Bible
BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT ABANDON MY
SOUL TO HADES, NOR ALLOW YOUR HOLY
ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY.
King James Bible
Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell,
neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see
corruption.

** Whenever a man deceives himself with LIES, the bitter truth gives him sifia pains.
Shadeyinka, you see your life of stubborn pride laid bare?
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
Janosky:

This bro is in sifia pains.

$$$ ** https://biblehub.com/
greek/86.htm
1. a proper name, Hades, Pluto, the
god of
2. an appellative, Orcus, the nether
world,
the realm of the dead (cf: Theocritus,
idyll.
2,159 schol. τήν τοῦ ᾅδου κρούει
πύλην .
τουτ' ἔστιν ἀποθανεῖται . In the Sept.
the
Hebrew שְׁאול is almost always
rendered by
this word (once by θάνατος , 2 Samuel
22:6 )
Orcus, the infernal regions, a dark
( Job
10:21 ) and dismal place (but cf.
γέεννα and
παράδεισος) in the very depths of the
earth
Even after digging up so much Greek, you couldn't find the word translated as Grave or Tomb?
You are in soup because you've been obviously scammed!

Everyone know that Sheol can mean several different things so that in the old testament English translations we can differ over the proper context of usage of words.

Unfortunately for you, the Greek is too explicit that you can't lie that Hell is the Grave.

Jesus spoke more than anyone else in the Scriptures of Hell. What if you've been wrong?
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by alBHAGDADI: 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
Jozzy4:

Good question!

Did they make heaven without Jesus ?

Cc: aLBHAGDADI, shadeyinka . since their spirit make heaven before Jesus

This question actually shows why the gospel preached by your organization is false and a work based salvation gospel.

You want to know if Abraham and the Old Testament saints went to heaven without the coming, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

Your believe is that one has to believe in Jesus before he or she can make heaven. That means those who died before Jesus came to earth cant make heaven or will have to wait for the resurrection. You are funny.

Do you think salvation started after Jesus Christ came to earth? Mankind has been getting saved from Abel and Abraham's days. Before I explain that, let me first ensure you understand something.

Hope you know the word FAITH mean BELIEVE.

Now, how do we make Heaven or have everlasting life? It is by faith/believe in Jesus who is God.

John 3:16 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Did Abraham believe God?

Romans 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Did Abel have faith/believe in God?

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

The bolded part above shows that Abel still speaks today despite being dead. That debunks your soul sleep false doctrine and shows that he is alive in heaven.

Below is Paul saying we get saved through faith in God just as Abel, Abraham and the old testament saints did.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

All the prophets before the coming of Jesus Christ believed in him and also witnessed about him. Isaiah, David, Moses, Daniel, John the Baptist etc all preached about Jesus which shows they believed in him.

Acts 10:43
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Now, juxtapose what the prophets preached about with the verse below.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Clearly, their believe gave them everlasting life which is why they are in heaven. But according to you, they are totally dead and nowhere because you don't believe anyone is in heaven. That means you have called Jesus a liar. Remember he said he will give all those who believe in him everlasting life.

John 10:28 (KJV)
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

The Bible verse below is telling we believers that we have that eternal life now. This means we won't wait till resurrection till we get it. We have it already that is why we go straight to heaven where fellow believers like Abel and Abraham are.

1 John 5:13 (KJV)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

If we have to go unconscious for a while before getting that eternal life on ressurection day, then the above verse lied when it said we already have it.

Have you been schooled today or the robotic programming of JW couldn't allow you understand my post?
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Dafemich(m): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This question actually shows why the gospel preached by your organization is false and a work based salvation gospel.

You want to know if Abraham and the Old Testament saints went to heaven without the coming, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

Your believe is that one has to believe in Jesus before he or she can make heaven. That means those who died before Jesus came to earth cant make heaven or will have to wait for the resurrection. You are funny.

Do you think salvation started after Jesus Christ came to earth? Mankind has been getting saved from Abel and Abraham's days. Before I explain that, let me first ensure you understand something.

Hope you know the word FAITH mean BELIEVE.

Now, how do we make Heaven or have everlasting life? It is by faith/believe in Jesus who is God.

Did Abraham believe God?

Romans 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Did Abel have faith/believe in God?

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

The bolded part above shows that Abel still speaks today despite being dead. That debunks your soul sleep false doctrine and shows that he is alive in heaven.

Below is Paul saying we get saved through faith in God just as Abel, Abraham and the old testament saints did.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

All the prophets before the coming of Jesus Christ believed in him and also witnessed about him. Isaiah, David, Moses, Daniel, John the Baptist etc all preached about Jesus which shows they believed in him.

Acts 10:43
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Now, juxtapose what the prophets preached about with the verse below.

Clearly, their believe gave them everlasting life which is why they are in heaven. But according to you, they are totally dead and nowhere because you don't believe anyone is in heaven. That means you have called Jesus a liar. Remember he said he will give all those who believe in him everlasting life.

John 10:28 (KJV)
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

The Bible verse below is telling we believers that we have that eternal life now. This means we won't wait till resurrection till we get it. We have it already that is why we go straight to heaven where fellow believers like Abel and Abraham are.

1 John 5:13 (KJV)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

If we have to go unconscious for a while before getting that eternal life on ressurection day, then the above verse lied when it said we already have it.

Have you been schooled today or the robotic programming of JW couldn't allow you understand my post?
Sorry, you got John 3:16 wrong. It says anyone that believe in Jesus. It not just believing but believing in Jesus. And i dont believe that people have been save before the Lord Jesus Christ came. What you have said is Jesus after death went to the death and preach to them. That was what he did. After his death, he went to the death and preach to them also.
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by alBHAGDADI: 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
Dafemich:
Sorry, you got John 3:16 wrong. It says anyone that believe in Jesus. It not just believing but believing in Jesus. And i dont believe that people have been save before the Lord Jesus Christ came. What you have said is Jesus after death went to the death and preach to them. That was what he did. After his death, he went to the death and preach to them also.

Is believe in Jesus not the same as believe in God?

Haba
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Dafemich(m): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Is believe in Jesus not the same as believe in God?

Haba
The thing is that, God gave his son and any body that believe in his son is saved. God is a spirit ( John 4:24). It can still argued that we can't believe in a spirit. But with the son that came to this world and lived as a human being, no body have an excuse for not believing him.
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
Jozzy4:

He didn't set eternal life in their heart, u have confess yourself that every Soul LIVes ( LIFE ) eternally. Meaning Jesus didn't give any eternal life, we already have it

Jesus is ashamed of you

Don't be querulous. You can ask Jesus, His apostles and believers what they had to say about eternal death (Hell).

"I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death"
(Revelation 1:18) The Evidence Bible.

There are three words translated "hell" in Scripture:

Gehenna (Greek): The place of punishment (Matthew 5:22,29; 10:28; and James 3:6)

Hades (Greek): The abode of the dead (Matthew 11:23; 16:18, Luke 16:23; Acts 2:27)

Sheol (Hebrew): The grave (Psalm 9:17; 16:10)

There are those who accept that hell is a place of punishment, but believe that the punishment is to be annihilated—to cease conscious existence. They can't conceive that the punishment of the wicked will be conscious and eternal. If they are correct, then a man like Adolph Hitler, who was responsible for the deaths of millions, is being "punished" merely with eternal sleep. His fate is simply to return to the non-existent state he was in before he was born, where he doesn't even know that he is being punished.

However, Scripture paints a different story. The rich man who found himself in hell (Luke 16:19–31) was conscious. He was able to feel pain, to thirst, and to experience remorse. He wasn't asleep in the grave; he was in a place of "torment." If hell is a place of knowing nothing or a reference to the grave into which we go at death, Jesus' statements about hell make no sense. He said that if your hand, foot, or eye causes you to sin, it would be better to remove it than to:

"go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched"
(Mark 9:43–48).

The Bible refers to the fate of the unsaved with such fearful words as the following:

"Shame and everlasting contempt"
(Daniel 12:2)

"Everlasting punishment"
(Mathew 25:46)

"Weeping and gnashing of teeth"
(Matthew 24:51)

"Fire unquenchable"
(Luke 3:17)

"Indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish"
(Romans 2:8,9)

"Everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord"
(2 Thessalonians 1:9)

"Eternal fire...the blackness of darkness for ever"
(Jude 7,13)

Revelation 14:10,11 tells us the final, eternal destiny of the sinner:

"He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone...the smoke of their torment ascended up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day or night."
smiley
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
What a beautiful writeup!
Unfortunately, the demon responsible has seized their brains and it takes grace for them to see.

Two of them came to my office today and I asked:
Are you born again?
They said no! And that they don't even want to get born again!
I said, why?
They said, not everyone is destined to make heaven (it's a tall order) and they are content to be on the earth.

I said salvation isn't by works, but grace through faith!

There argument was that salvation is not the same thing as being born again.

I was just sorry for them at the level of their brainwashing. It's almost demonic.

John 12:40:
"He has blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them."

OLAADEGBU:

Don't be querulous. You can ask Jesus, His apostles and believers what they had to say about eternal death (Hell).

(Revelation 1:18) The Evidence Bible.

There are three words translated "hell" in Scripture:

Gehenna (Greek): The place of punishment (Matthew 5:22,29; 10:28; and James 3:6)

Hades (Greek): The abode of the dead (Matthew 11:23; 16:18, Luke 16:23; Acts 2:27)

Sheol (Hebrew): The grave (Psalm 9:17; 16:10)

There are those who accept that hell is a place of punishment, but believe that the punishment is to be annihilated—to cease conscious existence. They can't conceive that the punishment of the wicked will be conscious and eternal. If they are correct, then a man like Adolph Hitler, who was responsible for the deaths of millions, is being "punished" merely with eternal sleep. His fate is simply to return to the non-existent state he was in before he was born, where he doesn't even know that he is being punished.

However, Scripture paints a different story. The rich man who found himself in hell (Luke 16:19–31) was conscious. He was able to feel pain, to thirst, and to experience remorse. He wasn't asleep in the grave; he was in a place of "torment." If hell is a place of knowing nothing or a reference to the grave into which we go at death, Jesus' statements about hell make no sense. He said that if your hand, foot, or eye causes you to sin, it would be better to remove it than to:

(Mark 9:43–48).

The Bible refers to the fate of the unsaved with such fearful words as the following:

(Daniel 12:2)

(Mathew 25:46)

(Matthew 24:51)

(Luke 3:17)

(Romans 2:8,9)

(2 Thessalonians 1:9)

(Jude 7,13)

Revelation 14:10,11 tells us the final, eternal destiny of the sinner:

smiley
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Janosky: 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

Even after digging up so much Greek, you couldn't find the word translated as Grave or Tomb?
You are in soup because you've been obviously scammed!

Everyone know that Sheol can mean several different things so that in the old testament English translations we can differ over the proper context of usage of words.

Unfortunately for you, the Greek is too explicit that you can't lie that Hell is the Grave.

Jesus spoke more than anyone else in the Scriptures of Hell. What if you've been wrong?

I talk am before say your way no straight.

Bible > Strong's > Greek > 3419
◄ 3419. mnémeion

Strong's Concordance
mnémeion: a memorial, a monument
Original Word: μνημεῖον, ου, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: mnémeion
Phonetic Spelling: (mnay-mi'-on)
Definition: a memorial, a monument
Usage: a tomb, sepulcher, monument.
HELPS Word-studies
3419 mnēmeíon (a neuter noun derived from
3451 /mousikós , "to remember, keep in
memory"wink – a tomb (sepulchre).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from mnémé
Definition
a memorial, a monument
NASB Translation
monuments (1), tomb (30), tombs (7).
Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 3419: μνημεῖον
μνημεῖον , μνημείου , τό ;
1. "any visible object for preserving or
recalling the memory of any person or thing;
a memorial, monument" (Aeschylus, Pindar,
Sophocles, and following); in Biblical Greek
so in Wis. 10:7; specifically, a sepulchral
monument: οἰκοδομεῖν μνημεῖα , Luke 11:47 ;
Josephus, Antiquities 13, 6, 5.
2. in the Scriptures a sepulchre, tomb:
Matthew 23:29 ; Matthew 27:52, 60 ;
Matthew 28:8 ; Mark 5:2 ; Mark 6:29 ; Luke
11:44 ; John 5:28 ; John 11:17, 31 , and often
in the Gospels; Acts 13:29 ; the Sept. for
קֶבֶר, Genesis 23:6, 9 ; Genesis 50:5 ; Isaiah
22:16 , etc.
Monument bearing the name of the dead on top of their tomb ,that's the primary meaning.

If you're not deceitful show us where mnemeion is written in Mark9:43?

Shame on you !
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by alBHAGDADI: 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2019
Janosky:

◄ 3419. mnémeion

Strong's Concordance
HELPS Word-studies
Word Origin
from mnémé
Definition
a memorial, a monument
NASB Translation
Thayer's Greek Lexicon
Monument bearing the name of the dead on top of their tomb ,that's the primary meaning.

Shame on you !

Does this one think anyone is reading this pile of Greek copy and paste post? He's acting as if he was born Greek.

grin
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Janosky: 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Does this one think anyone is reading this pile of Greek copy and paste post? He's acting as if he was born Greek.

grin
alB Pharisee dey fear Greek like pikin wey him Mama see am dey thief meat inside soup pot, because Greek exposes your half baked mumu post and junk.
To reject Greek meaning of New Testament (NT) words amounts to rejection of the truth encapsulated in the Christian Greek scriptures.
Crooked Pharisees runneth from New Testament Greek when no one pursues them.
Lol.
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
Janosky:

◄ 3419. mnémeion

Strong's Concordance
HELPS Word-studies
Word Origin
from mnémé
Definition
a memorial, a monument
NASB Translation
Thayer's Greek Lexicon

Shame on you !
I honestly believe that you are confused!
I asked you to find just one single verse in the new testament where the grave was was described as hell or even vice versa, you couldn't find any. I had to read your post several times to see if there is any sense to be gleaned:but alas!

You now found the Greek word μνημεῖον (Transliteration: mnémeion) meaning Grave or Tomb . And of all your copy-paste, you couldn't show that it could mean Hell anywhere in your post. SMH!

You said:
"If you're not deceitful show us where mnemeion is written in Mark9:43"?

mnemeion is grave NOT Hell

"And if your hand offend you, cut it off: it is better for you to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:"

The word used as hell in the Scripture above is γέενναν which transliterated is geennan (Gehenna).

Can you see that you've been decieved?
Unfortunately, you'll rather follow those leading you to Hell rather than the Scriptures.

Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Janosky: 10:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

I honestly believe that you are confused!
I asked you to find just one single verse in the new testament where the grave was was described as hell or even vice versa, you couldn't find any. I had to read your post several times to see if there is any sense to be gleaned:but alas!

You now found the Greek word μνημεῖον (Transliteration: mnémeion) meaning Grave or Tomb . And of all your copy-paste, you couldn't show that it could mean Hell anywhere in your post. SMH!

mnemeion is grave NOT Hell

The word used as hell in the Scripture above is γέενναν which transliterated is geennan (Gehenna).

Can you see that you've been decieved?

Mr Shade , you're very dishonest here.
In Mark9:43, Gehenna is not hellfire, but you have ALWAYS referenced Mark9:43 as hellfire even though Jesus NEVER said so.

** Let's see the original meaning of mnemeion...
Thayer's Greek Lexicon
monument: οἰκοδομεῖν μνημεῖα , Luke 11:47" $$$$ ****
Even when Luke 11:47 confirm that mnemeion is a monument,
one see decay.
New Living Translation
grave.
English Standard Version
Berean Study Bible
decay.
Berean Literal Bible
see decay.
ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY.
King James Bible
corruption.
** Whenever a man deceives himself with
LIES, the bitter truth gives him sifia pains.
Shadeyinka, you see your life of stubborn
pride laid bare?

##** Crooked LIAR deceiving himself.
Hebrew Sheol and Greek Hades is the "grave".
The evidence is solid and incontrovertible.
Greek 'mnemeion' is first and foremost, a monument
Mnemeion is also the Greek word for "tomb" & by extension, "grave".
To reject Hades as grave but hang on to "mnemeion" ,that's the height of dishonesty and fraud.
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 10:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
Janosky:

Mr Shade , you're very dishonest here.
In Mark9:43, Gehenna is not hellfire, but you have ALWAYS referenced Mark9:43 as hellfire even though Jesus NEVER said so.

** Let's see the original meaning of mnemeion...
Thayer's Greek Lexicon
monument: οἰκοδομεῖν μνημεῖα , Luke 11:47" $$$$ ****
Even when Luke 11:47 confirm that mnemeion is a monument,
one see decay.
New Living Translation
grave.
English Standard Version
Berean Study Bible
decay.
Berean Literal Bible
see decay.
ONE TO UNDERGO DECAY.
King James Bible
corruption.
** Whenever a man deceives himself with
LIES, the bitter truth gives him sifia pains.
Shadeyinka, you see your life of stubborn
pride laid bare?

##** Crooked LIAR deceiving himself.
Hebrew Sheol and Greek Hades is the "grave".
The evidence is solid and incontrovertible.
Greek 'mnemeion' is first and foremost, a monument
Mnemeion is also the Greek word for "tomb" & by extension, "grave".
To reject Hades as grave but hang on to "mnemeion" ,that's the height of dishonesty and fraud.
Deliberatly, I attached the interlinear Greek Translation of Mk9:43. Please what was the Greek word used for Hell?

Was the word μνημεῖον or γέενναν used for Hell?

It is you who is deliberately closing your eye to the truth. I will do you a favour by attaching the screenshot of Mk9:43 here again.

Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Janosky: 3:25am On Jun 26, 2019
shadeyinka:

Deliberatly, I attached the interlinear Greek Translation of Mk9:43. Please what was the Greek word used for Hell?

Was the word μνημεῖον or γέενναν used for Hell?

It is you who is deliberately closing your eye to the truth. I will do you a favour by attaching the screenshot of Mk9:43 here again.
You're still being dishonest.
Did Jesus Christ say Gehenna is hellfire?
In other words , is Gehenna actually the AUTHENTIC Greek word for hellfire?
Lying Pharisees parading KJV fake translation of hell in Mark9:43.

Shame on you.
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by alBHAGDADI: 3:43am On Jun 26, 2019
Janosky:

alB Pharisee dey fear Greek like pikin wey him Mama see am dey thief meat inside soup pot, because Greek exposes your half baked mumu post and junk.
To reject Greek meaning of New Testament (NT) words amounts to rejection of the truth encapsulated in the Christian Greek scriptures.
Crooked Pharisees runneth from New Testament Greek when no one pursues them.
Lol.

No one is afraid of Greek. We are just tired of seeing your copy and paste junk that does t answer questions you've been asked
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by alBHAGDADI: 3:48am On Jun 26, 2019
Barristter07:

The Greek word combined are eternal and LIFE , So am.very much correct.!

Can someone experience everlasting torment without everlasting life ( Living forever ) ?

I gave you a load of clear scriptures to explain everything to you, but you still came up with this junk question again?

Now, really again...

Eternal life means live forever without dieing, right? Isn't that what fully happens when the body resurrects after the spirit goes back into it? Such a person dwells in the presence of the Lord.

For those who didn't believe God...

2 Thessalonians 1:9
These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

The below verse clearly shows the Bible differentiating both quality of life. One is punishment while the other is in the presence of God.

Matthew 25:46 (KJV)
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Did you see everlasting punishment up there? If it's not punishment and it's not everlasting, then do you think atheists have any reason to be worried since they are just going to die and that's all?

Matthew 25:41 (KJV)
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

As seen above, no everlasting life for the unbelievers, but everlasting torment, punishment and fire for them. They are going to be where the devil and his angels will be.

According to you, hell is just a common grave and the soul doesn't live on. Then what's so special about what John the Baptist said to the Pharisees below when he warned them of the damnation of hell? Since you say that's where we are all going to end up and unconscious, then why should the Pharisees be bothered?

Matthew 23:33 (KJV)
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

It's clear you are not seeing the scriptures placed in your front. You just want to remain a robot with the programming if watchtower
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by alBHAGDADI: 3:55am On Jun 26, 2019
Jozzy4:
If not that your heart is waxed too, Mr Explain and tell this thread if those wey dey hell have their body with them ?

Souls are currently in he while their bodies are in the ground dead. They will be judged before the bodies are thrown into the fire where their souls are.

Revelation 20:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by alBHAGDADI: 4:08am On Jun 26, 2019
Jozzy4:

You truly don't know chi chi

Are people in hell presently now ?

Why are their two hands not following them ?

Why is it buried ?

Do u have sense now?

James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

During death, the spirit leaves the body. That is what the Bible deffines as death as seen in verse above. The body goes into the ground while the spirit lives on either in hell or heaven.

To your questions, yes souls are in hell right now, but their bodies are in the grave. It is after the final judgment of the wicked that their bodies will be resurrected, not to be alive again but as the dead i.e the bodies remain dead as seen in revelations 20. After jugdment, they are then thrown into the fire where their souls are. That brings to past the saying of Jesus Christ...

Matthew 10:28
“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by shadeyinka(m): 5:36am On Jun 26, 2019
Janosky:

You're still being dishonest.
Did Jesus Christ say Gehenna is hellfire?
In other words , is Gehenna actually the AUTHENTIC Greek word for hellfire?
Lying Pharisees parading KJV fake translation of hell in Mark9:43.

Shame on you.
I am so Sorry for you!
Fake Translation!? Or non-translation!? Please what is the fake Translation? For, "Gehenna" isn't a translation, it is a transliteration! "Hell" is a Translation of γέενναν (gehenna)!

For your information, gehenna wasn't translated as hellfire as you have concluded and insinuated, it was translated as hell. Hence Jesus did not call Gehenna Hellfire but Hell! Jesus only qualified this hell as a place where Fire cannot be put out! as per your accusation!

If you've made up your mind to be in Gehenna, have it your way. For Jesus want speaking of a terrestrial refuse dump; if you think He was, please justify it?

1. It is better you enter life maimed (after Resurection) than go with your two hands into gehenna (Hell)
2. The Fire of this gehenna cannot be put out, terrestrial gehenna's fire has been out for up to 200 years now
3. The opposite and alternative for this gehenna is the kingdom of God (after Resurection) hence, this gehenna can only be Hell
4. This gehenna is described as where the maggots does not die (looks like the maggots are supper maggots that are not terrestrial)
Here, I have put a translation that struggles to translate the gehenna as hell so that the meaning can remain hidden.

Mk9: 43-48
(NWT)
43 “If ever your hand makes you stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed than to go off with two hands into Ge·henʹna, into the fire that cannot be put out.i 44 —— 45 And if your foot makes you stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life lame than to be thrown with two feet into Ge·henʹna.j 46 —— 47 And if your eye makes you stumble, throw it away.k It is better for you to enter one-eyed into the Kingdom of God than to be thrown with two eyes into Ge·henʹna,l 48 where the maggot does not die and the fire is not put out.m

You want desperately to believe that this gehenna spoken of by Jesus is the literal Physical refuse dump!? Continue to decieve yourself!

Which one do you think is an appropriate meaning of gehenna?
1. The place where idolatrous Jews offered their children in sacrifice to Molech?
2. The place that served as refuse dump in the time of Jesus?
3. A place describing Hades?

As usual, you will avoid these questions like plague: for people love darkness rather than light.

NOTE: In case you didn't see it, I have embedded three questions in this post highlighted by bolding them.

Don't be afraid of the truth, it will set you free!

Even your friend Barristter07 had dropped out from this loosing battle.

Barristter07:

You confirm translation error !

Jozzy4 , this thread will do some factory settings grin , Shadeyinka and albhagdadi see your partner admiting Hell is use for Grave , something you both vehemently denied . its all right . wahala dey the enemy camp like one friend of mine do say grin grin

Emusan, Which one does hell means here, Grave or place of torment ? One thing is certain the body is present in this hell.

Re: Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? by Jozzy4: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2019
Don't be comforted, Barister07 isn't online, When he arrives you will smell your pepper. grin
shadeyinka:

I am so Sorry for you!
Fake Translation!? Or non-translation!? Please what is the fake Translation? For, "Gehenna" isn't a translation, it is a transliteration! "Hell" is a Translation of γέενναν (gehenna)!

For your information, gehenna wasn't translated as hellfire as you have concluded and insinuated, it was translated as hell. Hence Jesus did not call Gehenna Hellfire but Hell! Jesus only qualified this hell as a place where Fire cannot be put out! as per your accusation!

If you've made up your mind to be in Gehenna, have it your way. For Jesus want speaking of a terrestrial refuse dump; if you think He was, please justify it?

1. It is better you enter life maimed (after Resurection) than go with your two hands into gehenna (Hell)
2. The Fire of this gehenna cannot be put out, terrestrial gehenna's fire has been out for up to 200 years now
3. The opposite and alternative for this gehenna is the kingdom of God (after Resurection) hence, this gehenna can only be Hell
4. This gehenna is described as where the maggots does not die (looks like the maggots are supper maggots that are not terrestrial)
Here, I have put a translation that struggles to translate the gehenna as hell so that the meaning can remain hidden.

Mk9: 43-48
(NWT)
43 “If ever your hand makes you stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed than to go off with two hands into Ge·henʹna, into the fire that cannot be put out.i 44 —— 45 And if your foot makes you stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life lame than to be thrown with two feet into Ge·henʹna.j 46 —— 47 And if your eye makes you stumble, throw it away.k It is better for you to enter one-eyed into the Kingdom of God than to be thrown with two eyes into Ge·henʹna,l 48 where the maggot does not die and the fire is not put out.m

You want desperately to believe that this gehenna spoken of by Jesus is the literal Physical refuse dump!? Continue to decieve yourself!

Which one do you think is an appropriate meaning of gehenna?
1. The place where idolatrous Jews offered their children in sacrifice to Molech?
2. The place that served as refuse dump in the time of Jesus?
3. A place describing Hades?

As usual, you will avoid these questions like plague: for people love darkness rather than light.

NOTE: In case you didn't see it, I have embedded three questions in this post highlighted by bolding them.

Don't be afraid of the truth, it will set you free!

Even your friend Barristter07 had dropped out from this loosing battle.

No 2 is the meaning of Gehenna, no conscious torment exist there. This is why Jesus keep speaking of physical body in Gehenna, because that's what go there.

You who call it hell, How many physical bodies has dissapear to Hell ?

You don't know anything like I usually say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Carry Bunch Of Plantain In The Dream / Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.