Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? (26358 Views)

I Reached Out To The Parents That Lost Their 4 Kids In Fire / Photos Of 6 Girls Who Lost Their Parents Under 1 Year / Please Help, I Am A Man But, I Behave Feminine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Ybaby: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
bukatyne:
@MiddleDimension, no vex.

Hopefully you are not apologizing on my behalf?
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ybaby:

Hopefully you are not apologizing on my behalf?

Hahahahahahaha!

He has been mentioning me since, I am too busy to respond to his posts.

When I now consider the length?

1 Like

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by NiCurious: 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
AHHH...thank you so much for taking the time to explain what you mean, so clearly. Now I believe I follow your meaning quite well. I probably even agree with about 90% of it, but there are a couple of points I would reply to...inserted in red, within your text.

MiddleDimension:

i was trying to neutralize the feeling activists of various ideologies like feminism want to impose on us that the human being is in grave danger hence the call that we should get up and do something. this is why i said there is no fire on the mountain. and that there are underlining issues which resorting to activism can never solve.

take for example the kiki mordi's revelation of the sexual misbehaviours of lecturers. that's a crime that has been investigated and punishment meted out. so why the activism? should we start an ideology to agitate against robbery and all the other crimes that exist in the human society? the only reason they resort to activism is because there is another underlining issue on a personal level, an underlining issue of hate, bitterness and resentment which cannot be solved by a resort to activism; instead, the activism can mask and complicate their emotions because of the intellectual argument they can bring up to back up themselves. but as soon as they meet their match who can bring up a higher intellectual argument, and they always do, then their emotions that have been masked for so long will become obvious again and the wound even worsened. this doesn't only apply to feminism, but to all other ideologies out there. The model you use of some people using activism to mask underlying emotional issues can occur in anybody, not just activists. Underlying hatred or bitterness might be the case with some "activists", but I'm pretty sure that's not the case with all of them. Often, activists are people who perceive the roots of social problems which other people are unaware of, or prefer to ignore, so they speak up and ask that individuals/society examine their ingrained, underlying assumptions. In the case of feminism, it's not just about developing rights for women, which has been happening, but examining the sense of "entitlement" of some men, whether overt or covert, which opens the way to sexual harassment in the first place. Does your argument hold true for causes other than feminism? How about the Black Lives Matter movement abroad?

she is not the first to talk about feminism in Nigeria. she is not the reason schools and organizations have laws against sexual harrassment as schools and organizations already have that since long ago. proof of her bitterness can be seen in her twitter handle: "politically incorrect" and "views are all mine" including those views expressed in tweets she retweeted, that humiliates the man. tweets like "women's freedom=men's suffering". she wishes men suffer even after justice have been delivered her. that's why she resorted to activism trying to paint the idea on her timeline that the society is on fire. but by that post of mine which you responded to by saying "you do't follow", i was trying to douse that alarm raised by her and all other activists of other ideologies with the exception of the LGBTs since i feel those ones still have a genuine reason to form organizations, and tell you that there is no fire on the mountain. since there are no rules in Nigeria to forbid women from driving, owning properties, going to school and climbing any career ladder, etc, i see no reason to form an ideology and create the fear that the world is on fire, and by extension, divide the genders even more. sexual harrassment is a crime like any other crime and will not go away. this means it should be treated like any other crime like robbery, murder etc. and when these other crimes happen, we do not start an ideology to divide the various demographics in the society. I agree, posts that say "women's freedom is men's suffering" are not doing a favour to anyone, especially when they are not true, or definitely do not need to be true. Division does not heal, and fanning unfounded fear does not lead to progress.
I don't follow KM, so didn't get your reference to her post.
Whether sexual harassment is a crime like any other, not so sure...harder to prove.
I would love to hear your views on the LGBT movement, in another post or thread. smiley

be sure that in the future when another case like the one she investigated happens again, and they will still happen again, the said person will still resort to activism again claiming all the things she is claiming now even if at that time, more things have been done for women in addition to things they enjoy now, and even after justice must have been delivered. activists are never satisfied and the reason for that, is the hate, resentment, and bitterness that underlies their activism. and this bitterness (especially that from feminists), if i must tell you since i sense you are a very young person in your 20s who do not understand these issues very much, is not [just?] caused because they were sexually harassed; but also because they have been hurt, not by JUST ANYONE, but either by someone they love so much and had a relationship with, or they want so much they cannot have.
I will set aside your wild guess about my age. wink You are suggesting that activists bring pre-existing pain to an unrelated issue, and burn off their emotions through activism, instead of addressing their emotions directly, correct? Maybe some do. But I don't accept that as a blanket statement. I might accept "Activists relate the pain they have experienced, to the suffering of others in the same situation, and bring the energy of that pain to their advocacy, to change the conditions that caused it, for themselves and generations to come". Then I would open it up for discussion, inviting activists themselves to respond.

the one who denies this, is only willing to say hurt from love or lack of it has no devastating and chronic effect on the human psyche.
I will never deny that hurt from love or lack of it, has no chronic effect.

1 Like

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Unnerve: 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2020
MiddleDimension:
it buttresses my point about all these issues. beyond the eloquence, there are issues which the activism cannot and will never solve. they just have to find a way to make sure you are monster with two horns in your head and a tail wagging behind your back.
even all the people i mentioned: b ukatyne, i bkaye, l iberalchick, c ococandy, c rackhaus, s agamite did not even reply.
It's an old thread, it's understandable if the tagged users don't respond.
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Ybaby: 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha!

He has been mentioning me since, I am too busy to respond to his posts.

When I now consider the length?

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ybaby:

Oh well! Marry a woman who is feminine and you stay masculine.

Donot rape or molest or take what is not given, be a worthy leader

There's nothing like rape in Nigerian marriages.
The moment your bride price is paid the man has unrestricted access to your body because you now belong to him.
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by cococandy(f): 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
MiddleDimension:
it buttresses my point about all these issues. beyond the eloquence, there are issues which the activism cannot and will never solve. they just have to find a way to make sure you are monster with two horns in your head and a tail wagging behind your back.
even all the people i mentioned, did not even reply.

It’s been a year and six months. I usually don’t like to revive old, dead and pointless conversations. Especially if there’s no money involved. kiss

See how many pages long this thread is and not one person on any of the opposing sides said “ah now I see your point and I think you’ve changed my views”. What’s the point of rehashing it to death again?
To repeat my point of view all over again?

#Energysavingmode .

I hope you’re doing well.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Ybaby: 5:20am On Jul 29, 2020
Elder0001:

There's nothing like rape in Nigerian marriages.
The moment your bride price is paid the man has unrestricted access to your body because you now belong to him.

@MiddleDimension you asked why I added the last sentence.

Well! It is for local chicken acting champions like elder0001 who think bride price mean they have bought a whole human spirit.

These sort of men is why the collective masculine is being removed from the pedestal and being dragged to the back burner. The love and appreciation real masculinity is supposed to get is being subtracted by the reckless display of power of such tadpole men and power is now being removed from Adam and given to Eve so she can atleaat defend her self from Adam whose primary role in her life is supposed to protect and provide for her but Adam's software has virus.

This is why Eve wants the power that is rightly for Adam because Adam continues to abuse his position

Elder0001 are you running temperature? I doubt you are normal sir.

2 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 29, 2020
Ybaby:

[s] @MiddleDimension you asked why I added the last sentences Well! It is for local chicken acting champions like elder0001 who think bride price mean they have bought a whole human spirit.

These sort of men is why the collective masculine is being removed from the pedestal and being dragged to the back burner. The love and appreciation real masculinity is supposed to get is being subtracted by the reckless display of power of such tadpole men and power is now being removed from Adam and given to Eve so she can atleaat defend her self from Adam whose primary role in her life is supposed to protect and provide for her but Adam's software has virus.

This is why Eve wants the power that is rightly for Adam because Adam continues to abuse his position

Elder0001 are you running temperature? I doubt you are normal sir.[/s]
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Ybaby: 11:02am On Jul 29, 2020
[quote author=Elder0001 post=92223613][/quote]

Pele!
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by UjuJoan2: 11:05am On Jul 29, 2020
crackhaus:

There are two consequences to abstaining from judging another person.

It's either:
1. You have looked the other way and remained indifferent. OR
2. You have no problem with the act and supported it.

Using your example, what these set of women want is this:
I have a sexual history, you have a sexual history. I looked the other way and remained indifferent to yours, you must also look the other way and remain indifferent to mine and not let that decide my fate with you.

See that part I put in bold?
Well that is applauding/support, and that is what female sexual liberation is all about.

These women can win if the conversation just ended in indifference, but the moment they started calling men names for deciding not to wife women with excessive mileage, they lost that fight.

Instead of y'all to be sensitizing your sisters to also start marrying men with very low or no mileage which will also level the playing field on a moral scale, y'all are more concerned with leaving the men to keep up their mileage while making sure that women increase & keep theirs up too, to be on the same pedestal immoral level with men.
Get it?

Liberation in negativity. grin

Where is crachaus
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Klass99(f): 11:16am On Jul 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by cococandy(f): 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
Klass99:

Lol grin, I was surprised to see the thread resurrected after such a long time.

I remember when it first came up, I had lost access to my old account and had to view it as a guest.

Energy saving mode, will be my new mantra moving forward. I like your response
cheesy
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
bukatyne:
Sorry for my long posts as usual.

This was written by a foreign woman however, I very much agree with her.

I remember when guys used to write love letters and wait for days for her to respond to now where they chat on what'sapp and conclude like they are transacting meat in one day.

The rampant nudity, crassness and bed hopping have reduced women's worth while same women scream that there are no longer good men.

They've got to go back to the drawing board especially for those who want marriage and want to be respected by men.

Nothing beats a guy who is in love and dedicated to a woman.

No woman should settle for less.

Why settle for less when there is more??
As a lady,setting principles for yourself is bae.

I don't even like bend down select love.

1 Like

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by bukatyne(f): 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
StacyO:

Why settle for less when there is more??
As a lady,setting principles for yourself is bae.

I don't even like bend down select love.

Bend down select love?

What does that mean? grin

*Quickly jumps out*.
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
bukatyne:

Bend down select love?
What does that mean? grin
*Quickly jumps out*.
It's in the bible grin
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Sagamite(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2021
MiddleDimension:
even all the people i mentioned: bukatyne, ibkaye, liberalchick, cococandy, crackhaus, sagamite did not even reply.

Reply to wetin?
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by apatheticme(f): 1:08pm On May 25, 2021
she's now talking vocabulary and yet I'm the one with incoherence undecided
Oops!perhaps I just struck the nerves of another 44 year old spinster.
Intellect?Really?
We might meet someday on another intellectual thread(not this trash of a thread) so you can display that better intellect you've got than I do cheesy
Vulcanizers await you all wannabe feminists grin grin grin

Are vulcanizers lesser humans??

Since when did profession define a man?? You're not making valid points, only further proving to us your obvious lack of tact and intellect!

Moreover the message above was for women, so that they'll stop dressing nude while complaining about being objectified. I don't think that message is too hard for you to decode.

According to the UN population division, there are currently 3,822,561,000 females in the world. Common sense should tell you that every female will not be married, either due to their fault or not. It's only in this country that people shame women for being unmarried while same men like you are rooting for MGTOW. So what's the fuss about really??

Someone gets married, fine. Another is unmarried, cool! Life goes on. We really spend unnecessary time and energy on irrelevant things in this part of the world!

Go spend more time on your several pages of TRP thread and slam women all you want there. Leave this beautiful thread alone.

Ciao!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). / Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more? / My Future Wife Must Be From The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.