Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,988 members, 7,828,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (218119 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
lilachiever:

Excuse me sir... according to my own understanding the "Direct from Dell" in your advert means you purchased directly from Dell (The manufacturers of the battery) and you got delivery of it yourself.

When is directly from Dell , becomes original Dell but purchased somewhere else ,it's just like saying bought from jumia , only to discover it was bought from jumia by someone else and used first before repurchased again . Hotdealz just try to look for a way to refund the other guy , how can you say you tested all the batteries and moreover , it's very much possible that this batch was faulty , it's almost impossible for everyone to destroy perfectly working batteries by abuse within such a short time , you self reason am
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toma2: 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
gpercuxionz:
The fear of alaba boiz iz d beginning of wisdom...... But hotdealz self fuckup shey Dell don get branch office for alaba ni..
E buy the item cheap na... Alaba and clones.. that's why the seller told him no refund.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toma2: 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
D4donnn:
The issue now is , what can be done to remedy this situation ? My opinion , both parties split the losses , though hotdealz ought to be saddled with it squarely because his ad though technically factual was construed In a way to suggest maximum guarantee on the batteries condition .
Why didn't hotdealz tell the buyer no refunds...
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Jefferyzz(m): 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Exactly
He knows I'm buying for people as I don tell am before paying. He just decided to keep that part. N wen item no good, he come dey talk no warranty. Shey I no say he dey go pack am from 1 supplier in alaba ni neither did he mention 'wen u receive them. U wont b able to bring it back no matter what happens.'
Toma2:

Why didn't hotdealz tell the buyer no refunds...

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nellsworld(m): 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
The seller is a liar and a fraudster, if he said the battery is original, an original dell battery takes more than 6hrs to drain frm 100 to 0, and it takes 4-5 hrs frm 70 - 0 that is if u are a game freak, so let say he is a game freak and
it took him 4 hrs to drain 1 battery, meaning it took him 28hrs to drain 7 batteries, and it will take him 14 hrs plus to refill them to 100% so the questions will be
1) did u use one laptop to drain the 7 batteries to 0%
2) did u do vigil in the shop which i know it is impossible
3) did u spend 2 straight days at the shop at alaba to drain and recharge the batteries

6 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Naijasageblog: 11:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hotdealz pls refund that gentleman no dey Bobo us grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by photon3106: 11:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
hotdealz:
I sold perfectly working batteries to him. What exactly is wrong with my advert? Does direct from dell means I imported them from dell? Direct from Dell means it's the real thing from Dell, not fake/Clone by Chinese.

Na wa o. The meaning of this your 'direct from dell' get as e be o.

Okay, accepted that's what you meant, what about the part you stated in your ad that the same battery can't be obtained from any nigerian market?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cupid4ig(m): 1:59am On Jun 08, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Hmmm... This issue is somehow that I don't know what to comment but this is my own experience.

We recently recruited some newbie programmers for training purposes so we needed laptops with outstanding battery performance. Hotdealz was contacted. Base on my previous transactions with him, I was confident to buy from/through him and he suggested Dell latitude e6430 with the extra attachment battery said it would give roughly 20hours batterylife.

Hotdealz supplied us 50 units of the laptops and the extra attachments batteries with 130 watts chargers. I asked him for warranty because they seem too cheap (laptop plus dual batteries not costing upto 100k each?) and I have come to know that hotdealz doesn't own most of the things he sells but he describes them just the way they are and always delivers.

He gave me warranty base on two conditions which are;

* You must only use the chargers I supplied with the systems.

* Avoid draining the batteries to 0% as it is not a good idea to do that.

It's over a month now and the laptops and attachment batteries (the ones Jefferyzz is having p with) are still working as expected. We did not experience any problems with them at all. We bought 50 of it! e be things lol
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 2:01am On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=cupid4ig post=90427182][/quote]

How did he even know it's same batch that contains the one Jeffery is having problem with and a request for proof of purchase is yet to be responded to , hmmmmm
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cupid4ig(m): 2:03am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:
I sold perfectly working batteries to him. What exactly is wrong with my advert? Does direct from dell means I imported them from dell? Direct from Dell means it's the real thing from Dell, not fake/Clone by Chinese.
you keep contradicting urself. how did u know the seller bought it directly from dell?

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by cupid4ig(m): 2:07am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:
He is personally using the same battery he bought from me from same source. And it's still working perfectly for him. I know Clone when I see one and would never sell Clone.
then change ur advert slogan and stop putting direct from dell. if it's direct from dell they will definitely collect it back if there is a fault. just call the guy and settle with him pls u guys don't need this unnecessary attention.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by shalomt4321: 3:25am On Jun 08, 2020
D4donnn:

When is directly from Dell , becomes original Dell but purchased somewhere else ,it's just like saying bought from jumia , only to discover it was bought from jumia by someone else and used first before repurchased again . Hotdealz just try to look for a way to refund the other guy , how can you say you tested all the batteries and moreover , it's very much possible that this batch was faulty , it's almost impossible for everyone to destroy perfectly working batteries by abuse within such a short time , you self reason am
No bro
If i tell you i bought an iphone directly from apple
It means i either went to their store or purchased from their website
Not that i bought it from someone else but its original
If i say i got something directly
It means i got it from the source itself
No third party involved
English no be our mother tongue no mean say we no sabi am
If you dont know the meaning of a word dont use it
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hotdealz(m): 5:04am On Jun 08, 2020
cupid4ig:
you keep contradicting urself. how did u know the seller bought it directly from dell?
English is one difficult thing to understand.

Now if I buy original romoss powerbank from any source then go to romoss website to verify the authenticity of the powerbank, if it's a genuine powerbank, romoss will tell you the Powerbank is from them but if the authentication fails, romoss would tell you the powerbank is not from them.

If romoss said the powerbank is from them when it passes authentication, does that mean I bought it from romoss? And it doesn't necessarily mean my source got it from romoss either. My source can get from a wholesale store or a distributor that got supplies from romoss.

If this explanation still can't help you understand, then I don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by shalomt4321: 6:56am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:

Now if I buy original romoss powerbank from any source then go to romoss website to verify the authenticity of the powerbank, if it's a genuine powerbank, romoss will tell you the Powerbank is from them but if the authentication fails, romoss would tell you the powerbank is not from them.

If romoss said the powerbank is from them when it passes authentication, does that mean I bought it from romoss? And it doesn't necessarily mean my source got it from romoss either. My source can get from a wholesale store or a distributor that got supplies from romoss.

But will the website say you bought it DIRECTLY from them
Pay attention to the directly
Dont shoot yourself in the foot
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hotdealz(m): 7:05am On Jun 08, 2020
shalomt4321:

You are the one adding the word "You bought it" I didn't.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2020
shalomt4321:

It's evident that from your replies and actions you don't intend paying or at least covering a part of the loss , no matter how hard you defend yourself or your grammatical construction of your ad , you misled the seller and you also sold defective products to him which is gradually becoming more and more apparently or likely you either suspected or had an inkling to , I'll still solicit with you to do the needful and try to be a better human by taking responsibility , even though the so called bosses of this threads I've chose to ignore , or remain silent doesn't mean there aren't potential clients that are becoming more and more aware of your this issue , so please assist the dude sort this shit out

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by shalomt4321: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2020
D4donnn:

It's evident that from your replies and actions you don't intend paying or at least covering a part of the loss , no matter how hard you defend yourself or your grammatical construction of your ad , you misled the seller and you also sold defective products to him which is gradually becoming more and more apparently or likely you either suspected or had an inkling to , I'll still solicit with you to do the needful and try to be a better human by taking responsibility , even though the so called bosses of this threads I've chose to ignore , or remain silent doesn't mean there aren't potential clients that are becoming more and more aware of your this issue , so please assist the dude sort this shit out
I think you have the wrong tag
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by shalomt4321: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:
Lmao you choose to evade the main point
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2020
shalomt4321:

I think you have the wrong tag

You're right
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by suco01(m): 8:39am On Jun 08, 2020
photon3106:

Na wa o. The meaning of this your 'direct from dell' get as e be o.

Okay, accepted that's what you meant, what about the part you stated in your ad that the same battery can't be obtained from any nigerian market?

Lmao. Maybe Dell Alaba Nigeria Market I guess. He is a greedy person, he doesn't want to pay anything to the complainant
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Idboyostic(m): 8:49am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:
"Battery is brand new original in box direct from dell. This is not clone or counterfeit. You can't get this in Nigeria market.
"

Bros, you are just taking this too far....buyer is ready to work with you and compromise yet you are still trying to say "the black cloth is white". The bolded above are your words and those are your selling point because if as a buyer I saw that heading an advert, I will be 100% sure am getting a genuine stuff....

When you say something is direct from Dell and you even bolded it, it means you have a 1st class information about the product and you have confident in it that it won't fail before making it available to a consumer.

Note the word "Direct"....I can't say because Chidi in Alaba International told me is direct from Dell so I went ahead to tell my customers is direct from Dell without a clause (condition(s)) when we all know that Alaba international is synonymous to piracy but that does not take away you getting genuine goods from the market. If I tell you this battery is direct from "DELL".....am telling the client I can guarantee you in 6month/1year from now, you won't have any issue with it and if it happens it doesn't go as planned.....come back "I DEY FOR YOU" and you even went ahead to say "You can't get it in Nigeria market" that alone it's assurance that if the battery does not work as expected "Come back I dey for you"

Even your suppliers that knows what he has is not directly from Dell went ahead to tell you there is no warranty, test before going and just because you want to make profits you came here to open a thread and went ahead to BOLD (stamp) it without terms and conditions. If I may ask, do you know the meaning of a word being bolded? Just like you have it in your advert.

Believe me if your advert heading reads "Direct Dell battery bought from Alaba International" how many people will you get as clients" and when one or 2 client decided to go ahead with the deal.....you are best assured they will ask countless questions and even warranty that span up to 3/6months.

Lastly, please to those viewing when dealing or about dealing with anyone, myself inclusive....please ask and ask (relevant questions though)....don't be in a rush to buy or send money because the deal is sweet. If you missed a deal, you will surely get another or even a better deal. People that knows me knows I ask questions even from someone close to me that I want to deal with.....it's called business. People say your wahala is too much, is because I don't want to be caught off guard infact if it's possible let everything be documented so it won't lead to all this back and forth we have here. If you Bleep up and you know I got you by your balls, you won't even want to play back and forth with me.

So, abeg work it out with your client, e no easy but we win some, we lose some" All things being equal, you will make more tomorrow when your name stands.

15 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 8:52am On Jun 08, 2020
You are to work things out with your buyer and let people know what you both have agreed on.

I am actually surprised that others have decided to be quiet about this matter.

I am watching.

hotdealz:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hotdealz(m): 8:56am On Jun 08, 2020
D4donnn:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by timijoseph01(m): 8:57am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:

Arrrrggghh... With this poo you wrote up there, every customer should be weary of you..!!
Trying so hard to defend yourself after intentionally misleading your customers.
“FROM APPLE” aside What's the function of DIRECTLY in that ads, since you have now become a custodian of the English Language.
With this your analogy, that means we can all claim all our iPhones are “directly from Apple” since a simple imei check will reveal it's details right..?
This is Pure Deceit. This is Scam. This is fraudulent. Refund buyers money and stop misleading your customers.!!

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by dannybrasky(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:
Do you think I would do something different from what I have already told the buyer on whatsapp just because he came online?

Just an advise.

Work with the buyer,sort things out! From the view of things,you chose to go on a roller coaster b4 you will end up sorting things out with your buyer. Hmmm this wouldn't look good on you in the end.

JUST DO IT!!
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hotdealz(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2020
timijoseph01:

Arrrrggghh... With this poo you wrote up there, every customer should be weary of you..!!
Trying so hard to defend yourself after intentionally misleading your customers.
“FROM APPLE” aside What's the function of DIRECTLY in that ads, since you have now become a custodian of the English Language.
With this your analogy, that means we can all claim all our iPhones are “directly from Apple” since a simple imei check will reveal it's details right..?
This is Pure Deceit. This is Scam. This is fraudulent. Refund buyers money and stop misleading your customers.!!
What I meant by what I wrote is what I have explained to you. I'm a business man not a professor of English language.

So when a company boast that you can't get a product anywhere else except from them, does that mean you truly won't get it anywhere else?

When a company call themselves "number one or best" does that mean they are truly number one or the best?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by suco01(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:

Which authentication did you do to verify if its original batteries, aside you drain and charge before paying seller which later changed to some of the batteries has 50 - 70% already in them. Yoy drained the battery not to 0% by checking the rate at which it loses charge then you plugged them till they are fully charged. Which is total nonsense. Will advice you again to work with the guy. Karma is Real.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by D4donnn: 9:28am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:
Do you think I would do something different from what I have already told the buyer on whatsapp just because he came online?

Yes sincerely we all expected you to do something different ,
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by hotdealz(m): 9:30am On Jun 08, 2020
suco01:

Which authentication did you do to verify if its original batteries, aside you drain and charge before paying seller which later changed to some of the batteries has 50 - 70% already in them. Yoy drained the battery not to 0% by checking the rate at which it loses charge then you plugged them till they are fully charged. Which is total nonsense. Will advice you again to work with the guy. Karma is Real.
Do you know he has bought about 10 of those same batteries from me but complaining about 4?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Idboyostic(m): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:
What I meant by what I wrote is what I have explained to you. I'm a business man not a professor of English language.

So when a company boast that you can't get a product anywhere else except from them, does that mean you truly won't get it anywhere else?

When a company call themselves "number one or best" does that mean they are truly number one or the best?
undecided

Bros, see ehn.....they are business men and they are business men likewise they are companies and they are companies. The thing is which one are you?

A good business man will only boast of what he can do or guarantee, a good business man that knows is onions will not boast of what he can't give without adding terms and conditions.....you and I know is only crooked business men that will boast more than they can chew all in the name of making profits in a dishonest way.....so again....which one are you?

Likewise a company that claimed to be the best which obviously they are not have a product for sale and they add terms and conditions will maintain their name for a very long time even if 3 out of 10 clients comes backs to claimed what they did not read in the terms & condition of a product they bought.
Note: this is not a bad company and has not in anyway scam any of the clients but a company that claimed to be the best and went ahead to boast without a policy in play will crumbled when legal play set in.

You know the guy that sold the battery to you is a good business man, because he boasted yet went ahead to tell you to test before going and that he doesn't accept returns. That is a good business man.....Nobody will hold him responsible tomorrow but you boasted without backup....

So, from your reply above....someone can see that you just collected money all for the sake of making profit in a dishonest way hence you put up a fake advert to lure clients

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by suco01(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2020
hotdealz:
Do you know he has bought about 10 of those same batteries from me but complaining about 4?

This isn't an excuse, if those 4 are in perfect condition like the others he won't complain to you either

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.