Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (216680 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Idboyostic(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kreamie:
Apologies sir/ma. We didn't see a notification for this was why there was no response. cry
You fall my hand Sha but it's all good the plaintiff has tender apologies....

And it will be better if she can add screenshot of she and shinner2010's chat to backup her story.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Idboyostic(m): 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Naijasageblog:

Easy for you to say cos you're not in her shoes
it's not about it being easy to say or not, their are somethings you don't say when you are angry infact it might even worsen the whole situation. Even if she go to the station to report, she can't tell an officer to follow her immediately because she has reported....their are steps you take to get an issue resolved.

That aside, most mediators has so many things outside nairaland up their sleeves.....They don't wake and sleep here. I for one has not been online since morning, even when I had to do some transaction in between that involves me coming online I had to notify the client to call me and not text or chats....I told him this repeatedly.

Lastly, I keep saying it....even when you don't know how things are done or run when you get to a place. Ask and ask if you are too lazy to read but it's advisable you read so your questions/actions don't seems stupid....

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Shinner2010(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
OliviaPope:
Hello everyone, I paid shinner2010 for the procurement of a phone from eBay on the night of may 13th and he sent me payment details on may 14th around 12 am.

Prior to payment, I asked him how long it would take for the phone to get to Lagos and he told me 2 weeks, and 3 weeks AT MOST. If I knew things would turn out the way it did, I would have used someone else or bought a phone that was already in Lagos.

The return window of things bought on eBay without warranty is 30 days so I thought 3 weeks wasn't too bad, in case what I ordered for wasn't what was delivered.

On the 30th of May (well over two weeks ), I asked him for an update and he told me all his goods were currently in Lagos awaiting custom clearance and that on Monday he'll give me an update Okay good.

Monday (June 2nd) came, I texted him. He told me to wait till Friday again, that the clearing process was slower than usual because of some restrictions at the time (offices closing by 3 pm and all that). I said okay.

I didn't text him on Friday, instead I waited till Monday (June 8th) , already in the fourth week. He left me on read for 7 hours so I had to call him. That was when he came clean and told me that the shipments being received at the time were from goods purchased in March. He said they had to clear the backlog before shipping recent stuff.

This guy had prior knowledge of all this but he told me 2/3 weeks anyway. If I knew about the backlog, I would never have used him.

That same day I called him, he said it was 100% sure that I would get my phone on Saturday (June 13th), those were his exact words... 100% sure.

At this point, I had realised that he was a liar and he was just playing me around. He either had no idea when he would get it or he was a scammer.

Saturday came, as usual, he told me Monday (LOL). Monday June 15th, became Wednesday. He said it would arrive Ibadan on Tuesday and he'll get it to me on Wednesday.

Wednesday came, he told me he was on his way to the park to collect it from the driver. He begged me for Thursday again, I didn't have a choice. His tomorrow never ends.

Somehow, Thursday became Friday. He said he would personally drive to the park to drop it with a driver who would transport it to iyana-ipaja where I would go and collect it.

After canceling all my plans on Friday and shifting it to Saturday, he came up with another lie that the boy he sent since morning couldn't find a bus going to iyana ipaja. He told me this around past 3 in the afternoon. If you're familiar with how these transport companies work, you'd know that him not being able to find a bus going to Iyana ipaja was a very big lie

I told him to make sure it gets to Lagos before 12 noon (which is very possible), because I had engagements as from 12 and I would not be free until night. He said ok.

This is past 12, and I don't know whether to wait for him or go ahead with what I was going to do because I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth. I messaged him around 10:30am to know what was up and I have still not received a reply . What I don't understand is why he is hell bent on lying to me, if he had told me the true state of things right from the onset, this would not be happening like I said before because I would have considered other options. Even if he had told me after I had already paid, I would have been pissed that he didn't tell me before but I would have gotten over it because I am aware that getting stuff to Nigeria from outside the country hasn't been very easy. Instead, he chose to stall and buy himself time by remorselessly lying through his teeth.

He has mistaken my patience for stupidity for far too long and I have completely run out of patience. He thinks because I haven't called him to threaten fire and brimstone that I cannot, or that I am a child that was born last month.

Please if any of you have direct access to him, tell him to send my phone to me today or he's going to regret ever doing business with me.

You will receive your Samsung S9 tomorrow before 12.
The person I sent to Park cos all this mess for me.
He didn't send the Phone, and didn't return the phone to me up till this afternoon when he return back to my place.
I'm sorry for the delayed
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toma2: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Shinner2010:

He didn't send the Phone, and didn't return the phone to me up till this afternoon when he return back to my place.
Let's see the pictures of the s9 tongue
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Shinner2010(m): 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
OliviaPope:
Hello everyone, I paid shinner2010 for the procurement of a phone from eBay on the night of may 13th and he sent me payment details on may 14th around 12 am.

Prior to payment, I asked him how long it would take for the phone to get to Lagos and he told me 2 weeks, and 3 weeks AT MOST. If I knew things would turn out the way it did, I would have used someone else or bought a phone that was already in Lagos.

The return window of things bought on eBay without warranty is 30 days so I thought 3 weeks wasn't too bad, in case what I ordered for wasn't what was delivered.

On the 30th of May (well over two weeks ), I asked him for an update and he told me all his goods were currently in Lagos awaiting custom clearance and that on Monday he'll give me an update Okay good.

Monday (June 2nd) came, I texted him. He told me to wait till Friday again, that the clearing process was slower than usual because of some restrictions at the time (offices closing by 3 pm and all that). I said okay.

I didn't text him on Friday, instead I waited till Monday (June 8th) , already in the fourth week. He left me on read for 7 hours so I had to call him. That was when he came clean and told me that the shipments being received at the time were from goods purchased in March. He said they had to clear the backlog before shipping recent stuff.

This guy had prior knowledge of all this but he told me 2/3 weeks anyway. If I knew about the backlog, I would never have used him.

That same day I called him, he said it was 100% sure that I would get my phone on Saturday (June 13th), those were his exact words... 100% sure.

At this point, I had realised that he was a liar and he was just playing me around. He either had no idea when he would get it or he was a scammer.

Saturday came, as usual, he told me Monday (LOL). Monday June 15th, became Wednesday. He said it would arrive Ibadan on Tuesday and he'll get it to me on Wednesday.

Wednesday came, he told me he was on his way to the park to collect it from the driver. He begged me for Thursday again, I didn't have a choice. His tomorrow never ends.

Somehow, Thursday became Friday. He said he would personally drive to the park to drop it with a driver who would transport it to iyana-ipaja where I would go and collect it.

After canceling all my plans on Friday and shifting it to Saturday, he came up with another lie that the boy he sent since morning couldn't find a bus going to iyana ipaja. He told me this around past 3 in the afternoon. If you're familiar with how these transport companies work, you'd know that him not being able to find a bus going to Iyana ipaja was a very big lie

I told him to make sure it gets to Lagos before 12 noon (which is very possible), because I had engagements as from 12 and I would not be free until night. He said ok.

This is past 12, and I don't know whether to wait for him or go ahead with what I was going to do because I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth. I messaged him around 10:30am to know what was up and I have still not received a reply . What I don't understand is why he is hell bent on lying to me, if he had told me the true state of things right from the onset, this would not be happening like I said before because I would have considered other options. Even if he had told me after I had already paid, I would have been pissed that he didn't tell me before but I would have gotten over it because I am aware that getting stuff to Nigeria from outside the country hasn't been very easy. Instead, he chose to stall and buy himself time by remorselessly lying through his teeth.

He has mistaken my patience for stupidity for far too long and I have completely run out of patience. He thinks because I haven't called him to threaten fire and brimstone that I cannot, or that I am a child that was born last month.

Please if any of you have direct access to him, tell him to send my phone to me today or he's going to regret ever doing business with me.

I sent one of my friend travelling to send the Phone for me at the park.
He didn't get Iyana ipaja bus and he didn't return the Phone to me till today.
I'm sorry I will deliver it tomorrow pls
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Shinner2010(m): 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Shinner2010:

Pic of the Samsung

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Idboyostic(m): 8:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Shinner2010:

Bros, abeg just try sending it ASAP tomorrow if possible make e reach Ibadan by 8-9am. You know from her story, this thing has drag for so long....so just try and make her happy by delivering before 12pm.

If na me, I no go sleep oo....till I make it right....even if it involves me being the 1st person at the park tomorrow and you know tomorrow is Sunday most people don't get to travel....so park is always scanty when is getting to midday.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Naijasageblog: 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Nice one bro but if men were God wahala go dey
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Bro, please make sure it reaches her pronto. Kindly let us know how it goes.
Shinner2010:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by spartacus11(m): 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
Shinner2010: i hope and pray you deliver soon. Love the way you responded. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by McMayor(m): 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
Shinner pls deliver tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by bobo65(m): 7:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Shinner2010:

Please deliver

U can delete this Pic cos her number is all over the place
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 11:24am On Jun 21, 2020
Oliviapope have you received the phone from Shinner2010?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rexraph18(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
Shinner2010:

Update on the situation of things?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
wildchild1:
Oliviapope have you received the phone from Shinner2010?

not yet, I'm still waiting.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toma2: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
OliviaPope:

Chaiii grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toma2: 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
Shinner2010:

This is past 1 undecided
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
What is disturbing you?

Traffic or you went to Church?

We are watching.
Shinner2010:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
OliviaPope:

Did he communicate with you? If yes, what did he say?
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wizzy89(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
OliviaPope:

Yes, he has sent it through a driver. Driver said there's heavy traffic

You should have added this when asked by Wildchild1 if you had received your phone earlier so we all know its in progress at least instead of making it look like u have heard nothing from shinner2010 today.

Please be more detailed when asked sensitive questions pertaining to your case if you eventually want it solved. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wizzy89(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Also, Shinner2010 should have dropped an update here that he has eventually sent the item this morning so we know the issue is close to resolution.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wizzy89(m): 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by willbling(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
OliviaPope:

I'm not trying to side anyone oo. But I stay at Berger and I can tell you that the traffic here is damn crazy. It's a stand still. Trailers and stuff.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Toma2: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
OliviaPope:

E fit be lie OO..
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by djaybaba: 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
willbling:

I'm not trying to side anyone oo. But I stay at Berger and I can tell you that the traffic here is damn crazy. It's a stand still. Trailers and stuff.

This could be the reason for the delay.
https://www.nairaland.com/5940646/fuel-laden-tankers-explode-lagos-ibadan-expressway
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by wildchild1: 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
OliviaPope:

What's the update now? It's approximately 5hrs from your last response.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2020

14 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by budosky(m): 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
OliviaPope:
Good evening everyone, I just collected the phone from the driver and it came exactly as described. There was an accident at Lagos-Ibadan expressway, and that was the reason for the delay.

I'm immensely grateful to everyone who showed concern and those who reached out to him as well. This is my first time buying something from outside the country and I must say that you guys in this business are really trying o, more power to your elbow embarassed

Wildchild1, kreamie, forkdragnet, D4donnn, Lekanberry etc thank you!!

Congrats on receiving your device.

Can you now pull down this post of you being convinced by some people that he's a scammer( https://www.nairaland.com/5255577/dispute-resolution-thread-pickup-deal/47#90882607 ) and tell them he's not, that you've even received your device?
Thanks
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Kreamie(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
You're welcome ma'am. Kindly take down or quote the complaint made earlier rescinding the "scammer" statements/picture made/painted. It'd really go a long way.

Glad this was resolved quickly. Thank you.
OliviaPope:
Good evening everyone, I just collected the phone from the driver and it came exactly as described. There was an accident at Lagos-Ibadan expressway, and that was the reason for the delay.

I'm immensely grateful to everyone who showed concern and those who reached out to him as well. This is my first time buying something from outside the country and I must say that you guys in this business are really trying o, more power to your elbow embarassed

Wildchild1, kreamie, forkdragnet, D4donnn, Lekanberry etc thank you!!

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
If she decides to fine.

However, it does not work that way.

If that is the way then we can go ahead to inconvenience ourselves then when we are called out, we then realise that we need to do the right thing, the cycle of unethical practice continues because it can be wiped.

Regards
budosky:

Congrats on receiving your device.

Can you now pull down this post of you being convinced by some people that he's a scammer( https://www.nairaland.com/5255577/dispute-resolution-thread-pickup-deal/47#90882607 ) and tell them he's not, that you've even received your device?
Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by omotolsy(m): 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
If this is done then everyone who had ever come here to complain should take theirs down.

If we keep taking things down the whole essence of this thread would be flawed.

Except names that have been made red can be reviewed.

My honest thoughts.
Kreamie:
You're welcome ma'am. Kindly take down or quote the complaint made earlier rescinding the "scammer" statements/picture made/painted. It'd really go a long way.

Glad this was resolved quickly. Thank you.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.