Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) (18799 Views)

LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Mysteries Of NoLand (Book 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
Weldon @Emempaul weldon,can't wait for the second part,may God keep us all,till then keep the flame burning and more inspiration to your mind.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
Weldon @Emempaul paul,weldon, can't wait for the second part,till then,may God keep us all.
And more inspiration to your mind bro
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 7:22am On Sep 06, 2021
MummyIMadeIt:

Great piece mate.. Perhaps the book 2 may bear the title "the guardians" judging from the convo btw chebs and co.

So when is book two dropping? Can't wait

Book two will be hitting nairaland in January. It could be earlier but no promises. I want to have at least 20 chapters down so that I can have an update schedule

For books two title........ Well that remains to be seen
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 7:26am On Sep 06, 2021
@divepen1 this work suppose be front page material na. Abeg Show some love to your your people and move us to the promise land
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by ashatoda: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2021
Emempaul:
@divepen1 this work suppose be front page material na. Abeg Show some love to your your people and move us to the promise land
It's true o. I became a real literature section lover when some stories were posted on the front page then but now most of the stories on the literature page are the commonly 18+ ones. I believe the mods should do the needful by posting this story on the front page
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Deo7(m): 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
Emempaul:

Good day fans of legacies

Please let me know your honest review on this book so far

1. Is it appealing

2. Is confusing or were you able to grab at the hidden puzzles that was left in plain sight throughout the book

3. Is the Book too predictable and should there be a need to update my writing skills

4. How is your general view of the book in terms of action, suspense, descriptive analog, dialogue etc

5. On a scale of 1 to 6
1 - very poor
2 - poor
3 - somehow
4 - good
5 - excellent
6 - superb
Please rate this book

Your Honest reviews and criticism in this book 1 will help strive to improve on my writing in book two

Thanks
E.P

Honestly for me it's been superb
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dat9jaguy(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2021
Emempaul:

Book two will be hitting nairaland in January. It could be earlier but no promises. I want to have at least 20 chapters down so that I can have an update schedule

For books two title........ Well that remains to be seen

Really enjoyed your work. I am anxiously waiting for the book 2.
You did well.

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2021
Hello fans of LEGACIES

cheesy grin grin grin grin

I Know....... I know.......... This space has been dry but that's the fun about it

I currently just started transferring book 2 into my Microsoft word to be able to meet up to my January deadline. So bear with me on it. As time goes, I will be posting snippet of the book

I almost forgot...... The title of Book 2 is

Drums........ Drums rolling....... Druming........

BLESSED AND CURSED
( BOOK 2 OF THE SUPREMACY SERIES )

It will be set up parts and their playing ground would both be on earth and different Galaxies

2 Likes

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by xaviercasmir(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2021
Already anticipating
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by hotswagg12: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2021
We are waiting patiently for it.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Cokky01: 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
It will be a crime if I didn't comment... This is really amazing, it was like watching a Series wow...more knowledge bro.It glue me to my phone since morning lol.. can't wait for Blessed and cursed I pray God will keep us till then and beyond
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
..........." Has the Royal house arrived? Are they on board? Is the Royal Star now Castle on Wings?" The male became frantic when he got a still negative answer.
What could possibly be keeping them. He had chosen that route for them as it was a safe passage he had personally created for a situation like this, so there was no way anyone knew of it's existence well except for his obnoxious filandering cousin Kevan.

He was about to ask again when the captain spoke first in excitement

" Incoming!!!" He exclaimed. Royal house walked in proudly onto the ship along with members of the elite guards - The Trav-nzuga. The moment they entered the ship, they fanned out, taking strategical points on the ship as though it was a prerehearsed drill. The king, his heir apparent, heir designate and close family matched proudly, as if they owned the place, towards the command center to get a situation report

" Captain what is the report" the male ordered again still frantic and with a bit of irritation this time as the captain attention was drawn somewhere else

" Sorry Your Highness. Royal Star is now Castle on Wings" the captain said a bit excited. The male sighed loudly. He could now breathe lightly

" Captain, as of now, your ship is the last of the evacuation ships. It's time to go" the male instructed causing the once excited captain to frown.

" I don't understand sir. I think I heard differently but correct me if I'm wrong, you just said to leave without you?"

" Yes! And that's and order!"

" Sir sorry to say but no can do. We will not abandon you- "

"- Captain Bilsawag, what's the situation report" the King had interrupted their tensed banter. His eyes fell on the screen that held the image of his last child and son. An emotion crossed the King's face before it quickly disappear back to it stoic form he put up when addressing his last

" Why are you still in the castle. Did you not get the evacuation order or where you still just laying about" the King fired at his child. The male was about to reply when another voice

" Hali-chak! Why are you not on the ship?" The female asked the male on the screen who's name now came to be known as Hali-chak. Her mind made far deductions and possiblities and shook her head at the glaring truth. He was not going with them.

Hali-chak knew his sister well enough and he already knew that she had already worked out the situation and gave her a sad smile

" Sorry Katva, but there is no going back on this. At least some people can have peace from my absence as the worthless piece of shit will be no more. You know I love you to pieces Katva but this has to be" he could see the tears streaming done Katva's eyes. He couldn't bear to watch his sister cry.

He looked away

" What are you waiting for captain, prepare to leave now" Hali-chak ordered again. The captain hesitated before shaking head in negative

" We refuse to leave without you your highness"

" Are you a fool Captain Bilsawag.? This is the last ship holding the entire Royal family and you will toil with that over one singular person" the King thundered. It had been long anybody challenged him and this man was dangerous cutting close to it

" If it weren't for that " singular person" you wouldn't have a ship to escape, no kingdom to return to or even be alive-"

" Captain, that's enough. Leave. Now" Hali-chak bellowed from the screen

" With all due respect your highness, Sire -" referring to both prince and King "- I pledged allegiance never to fail a seed of the Royal house.i don't intend on backing down on my oath. I will not leave a seed of the Royal to die helplessly on my watch." The captain declared passionately.

The King was frustrated the Captain won't heed to his command, the on lookers were agitated at the foolish Captain who dared challenged the mighty King Granzdul Ali-eck-szan-dek, the Captain was determined not to leave his principal behind, Hali-chak would be damned if he let them die of their stupidity. It was time to take matters into his hands. He let his voice boom over the microphone, loud enough for the command center to hear

" Initiate voice command protocol"

The computer voice promptly answered

" Voice protocols activated. Speak password to authenticate vocal entry"

" What the hell are you doing Hali-chak? What the hell is he doing ? " Katva asked her elder brother, who just stood there dazed at his younger brother. She was frantic for an answer as she knew Hali-chak was full of surprises.

" Halle-vugzuli-chakre Ali-eck-szan-dek"

" Voice protocols authentication completed. Initiate command protocol" the computerized voice prompted

" Override command certificate of Captain Bilsawag and commandeer ship and get them out of here

" Certificate overide complete, preparing ship for take off. Please observe safety measures and fasten seatbelts" everyone found themselves seats and strapped in while those that could find a seat held on tightly to something as leverage as the ship began to take off. Once the ship was almost in orbit, Hali-chak began giving direction to the computer to plot their tragectory

" Set course for Save Heaven. Take them through the Nafulian belt on the fringes of Znecsar. We don't want any unexpected visitors. Maintain your cover identity as a cargo ship until you pass the asteroid belts of the Abyss. Once on Save Heaven orbital, relenquish control back to Captain Bilsawag"

He turned to the Captain and continued

" Once on Save Heaven you initiate the protocols and send words to the Krazul-valda to rally up allies to take back Zoltron. Captain Bilsawag, I am trusting you to handle taking back our homeland from those fools called Aronzians"................

( Excerpt from Blessed and Cursed book 2 of the Supremacy series)

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2021
Hello fans of LEGACIES

Whoa the book has been an interesting read and as I began my slow edit, I started seeing things that while writing I didn't even notice until today. This is also a question and answer session so ask me any question concerning this book and I will answer.

Just as I will be explaining more about the book aesthetics, its characters and all

AESTHETICS AND CHARACTERS

1. Who is Samael

That name keeps popping in wierd places most especially when Samayaza was being compared to this character. Well it simple. Samael is the Hebrew or Aramaic name for the Arch Angel Morning Star, Lucifer was the Greek interpretation of his name before his fall. When he fell and also caused Man's fall, he became known Satan the deceiver. The character really has no future in any of the series but you will see it pop up from time to time as a reference point
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 8:32am On Oct 02, 2021
2. NIMROD

This character is very ominous even in history. The bible only gave a brief account of him, there are different school of thought centered round the man with no definite detail of how he lived and died. Just theories.

Infact the man was a true myth in every aspect. But what caused me become curious was the fact that all historical fact point to him being the first human king known to man as well as the one who proposed building the tower of babel

Here is were it gets interesting. The tower of babel was destroyed that no evidence of it's existence was left just it's exact location. That got me thinking. What did Nimrod "really do " to warranty such brutal measures for the tower. After all he could have just left it as a warning to men, that tried to contend with God almighty, the consequences of such futile action.

One of the theories was what gave birth to this work
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2021
3. SENTINELS

Don't get confused " all SENTINELS are Angels but not all Angels are Sentinels" this saying is true because you have the warriors, and guardians class angels known as Sentinels. It is from these groups that the sub group of Watchers are chosen from. Other groups include the messengers, singers, nuturers, sages, e.t.c.

It is for this reason all the Sentinel character in this book were all warriors and guardians

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2021
4. ARIEL ( ALICIA )

Diana mother. She had a brief stint in book 1 but book 2 will have her taking more crucial part. I will not be spilling the beans here but just sit and read and enjoy her part....... I have really big plans for her

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2021
5. Between Azrael and Samayaza

While the former claimed to be DEATH ITSELF, the latter claimed to be the HARBINGER on DEATH. Don't get confused

Azrael in all angelic folklores, for all intents and purposes, is the true Angel of Death.

With Iniobong's kind of bloodline and seeing that no other Sentinel was capable of withstanding the kind of bloodline flowing through his vein, Azrael was the only other option.

Why?

Because Death is master to none, good or bad,saint or sinner, benevolent or malevolence, either way it could not be suppressed once a task was given to him.

Any other Sentinel short of Azrael would have, even not with Nimrod but over time falling to the perils of Iniobong's bloodline.

Thats quite a burden the poor guy bares

Samayaza addressed himself as the HARBINGER OF DEATH only due to pride. He was , for all intents and purposes, just and embittered Arch Cherubim Sentinel who out of greed converted the throne of power.
He wanted to be called "God"

His pride poisoned his heart so much so that even when he saw defeat starring him in the eye he still bragged pointlessly

True is the saying " pride goes before a fall"

And the Igbo adage that say " whom the gods want to kill they first make mad with pride"
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2021
6. Iniobong and Andre

If you really looked at these two characters you would see that they both complimented each other let's start from the basics

Andre's mother, Anabelle is Nimrod's sister, making Nimrod Andre's uncle and a possible candidate for the throne of the Dark Prince

Iniobong's bloodline comes from a pure direct offspring of Nimrod, making Nimrod his grandfather many times over and he, a direct descendant of Nimrod

But here is were it gets tricky

Andre's father is also a direct descendant of Nimrod. Remember Samathiel and Nimrod were former lovers. Secondly, Samathiel was fascinated with the wolf breed and her first experiment died in the flood. Her next trial, having sex Nimrod, who still held the gene poll of the old world, gave birth to Anubis the first wolf/human hybrid. From him gave rise to the wolven kind. Andre's father, king Fernandez is a direct descendant of Anubis, an offspring of forbidden mating Watcher and human. making her enemy number one the Almighty

Now back to the present, Fernandez bloodline together with Anabelle's bloodline meant that Andre was also an heir to the throne on the Dark Prince.

Iniobong's bloodline was just as spectacular as Andre's. Now remember he is a direct descendant of Nimrod just like Fernandez and only the direct bloodline could inherit the throne of the dark prince. But this is were it gets interesting

Iniobong's mother is also from a strong bloodline. The bloodline of the Untouchable.

The bloodline of the untouchable dates back to the time of Cain when he was banished to roam the world as a vagabond and a Mark placed on him so that any man or animal who saw him would not harm him. According to biblical account, he went on to build a city and even married and had kids. Who also had that bloodline. It survived the flood through Noah's wife as she was a carrier. The bloodline only stuck to the first born so that is how the bloodline survived even after the flood....

And Iniobong's mother just happened to be a carrier of that bloodline. A mating with Iniobong's father effectively caused chaos in Nimrod's grand scheme. The throne of the Dark Prince had to be filled in order to continue the sacrifice interface with his master Samayaza as the previous Dark prince had met with an untimed death.

The staff of office suddenly skipped Iniobong's elder brother and chose him ,to the dismay of his father who had been finding ways to shield his other children from that dark world he and his eldest were into. The rejection of the eldest meant that he would die. So he died on his terms. He slept and never woke up. Remember, the untouchable gene only stuck to the firstborn but for Iniobong's family, there was an exception - it stuck to all the family

Iniobong was a Quagmire for them. Yes he was the choosen but the bloodline of an untouchable was a hindrance as unless he accepted the title willingly, they could do nothing at all to force him, hence the need for an alternative - Andre

Those two crafty Beings played their games well and manipulated their way through the generology of parties to put a stumbling block and to get what they wanted

If you don't understand let me spell it out for you. The rouge wolves attacking the wolven kingdom was just a distraction to get to Andre and kidnap him. Nimrod was already failing to get hold of Iniobong so his alternative was Andre. He couldn't have two princes so it's possible he would have put them in a death match to see who came out strongest. One who survived would have to become the dark prince

Iniobong's friendship with Andre grew tight not only because of the familia bond that connected them. It was more or less as though they were brothers.( I know some of you must have thought of a gay to relationship. Dirty minds grin grin grin)

Our two angelic friends also had a hand in their tight bond for future purposes

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2021
Please let me know that you guys are following.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by ashatoda: 7:17am On Oct 03, 2021
Emempaul:
Please let me know that you guys are following.
Bros i dey follow you bumpa to bumpa. Reading what you wrote about the characters their relationship with the scriptures makes me wonder if this story isn't true. Yes all stories have an element of truth which is spinned in the direction and interests of the writer but this is graphical to me that it seems real. Sincerely I will like to read up a lot of stories about stuffs like this I have always been intrigued by such stories. One genre I like reading and fantasizing about is the wolf stories I don't like the vampires because of the blood sucking but wolves I love them. These spiritual things are real around us only that we choose to ignore them. Bros I dey ya back continue
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by hotswagg12: 8:54am On Oct 03, 2021
Following and thanks for the explanation.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2021
7. Why didn't God intervene with the Samayaza Case

It's a simple question with a not so simple answer. Remember that the only one time God intervened in a situation, he wiped out all but eight people out of the entire population of that time. That is how God's anger works. He knew this and opted to find alternative.

Also remember His promise that he would never again destroy any living creature of his creation, (let me add this part " personally" ) again. In extension, Samayaza was his creation, Nimrod was also his creation. This promise covered them also and he doesn't go back in his promise. So He commission others to do the did

Remember Samayaza and his group of Watchers stole from the garden, fruits containing certain powers and deep hidden knowledge far deeper that what was to be ascribed and assigned to them. Their greed had festered long enough to become poison that they wanted to become like the Almighty. They first attacked the ones he love the most corrupting their genes to bare abominations before the Almighty, thereby drawing aware favour from man.

In His wrath , He destroyed Man with flood to wipe out the abominations from the face of tye Earth. Though Noah and his family found favour in his sight as an upright and just man, this also went to show that even in anger the Almighty was not unreasonable.

So when it was clear that Samayaza had somehow evaded capture, He sent his most trusted to bring him in. Samayaza with the knowledge he had stolen divised a way of saying hidden by separating his grace from his live essence. Storing his Grace in a relam he created and locking his live essence within the he had written that would bring him back together as an entity.

The Almighty's messengers saw this as a set back to them in capturing Samayaza, so planned an elaborate scheme round it. Making sure that it was the bloodline that flowed throw his veins along with that which they chose so as to build up a strong team capable of taking down the duo of Samayaza and Nimrod. It would take centuaries to fulfill and they had to painfully watch innocent souls be lost to a power craved lunatic in Samayaza's servant called Nimrod

Now to answer why God didn't intervene, he did intervene not just as quick as one would want because His anger was such that mountains faded before His presence literally

2 Likes

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by hotswagg12: 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Following.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
8. How powerful are Chebs and Seph and who really are they.

How powerful they are is a very interesting question seeing that they could easily command Samayaza who was also of their ranking and status

( Smiles) for you to know how powerful they are, you must first know to whom they are answerable to. And for you to know that then you must first read book 2

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by hotswagg12: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2021
Continue please.
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2021
Love how you break it down,the book 2 sure sound interesting like the book 1.

Following you bumper to bumper all the way grin, let's move
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by dawno2008(m): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2021
Love how you break it down,sure it was one roller coaster,with never a dull update,
Book 2 is threatening my brains already, can't wait to start digesting it grin,
Following you bumper to bumper all the way, let's the story begin cool
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 10:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hi fans of LEGACIES.

I know, I know, story finished, no update, zone dried out but that's life for you and I am not dead yet so don't panic

On a brighter note........

Book two is not coming up as fast as I wanted. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, in reality, I am a farmer and farming is tedious and hectic most especially when you are using brain power 24/7. You'd come home depleted, hence the slow pace in which the chapters are coming.
with only eight chapters ready. I am hoping to get like 20 to 25 chapters before 31 December so that I can keep my promise of regular weekly updates. By January, now that the activities are slowing down

Secondly, I never knew world building could be this tidious as I am very very new to it. Everything has to correlate with everything so that the readers can have a visual recreation of the book in their minds. I ave had to replace everything time based to suit the world I am building. But don't worry, a glossary would first be released in Other to aid readers.

Just as book one was action packed from the very first chapter, book 2 will be A highly emotional rollercoaster with you guys wanting to choke me literally as well as more action packed from the very first chapter.

So let keep our fingers crossed, hope for good health, God's grace and an infinite amount of brain power and I take thru a world of infinite possiblities

Stay tuned

Signing off

Emem Paul

2 Likes

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by ashatoda: 6:26am On Nov 26, 2021
No problem boss we are still here waiting for the blockbuster. More grace upon you
Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by Emempaul(m): 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
Good day fans of LEGACIES

Happy new year to you all. May this new year bring us more blessings in every thing we set our hearts and mind to achieve. May all negativity that arise led us to a positive upliftment. May politricks flying around not affect our daily bread. And finally may this year speak better for us than that of last year that at the end we may all rejoice and thank The Almighty for his graciousness and love towards us

Can I hear an AMEN SOMEBODY

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) by xaviercasmir(m): 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
Emempaul:
Good day fans of LEGACIES

Happy new year to you all. May this new year bring us more blessings in every thing we set our hearts and mind to achieve. May all negativity that arise led us to a positive upliftment. May politricks flying around not affect our daily bread. And finally may this year speak better for us than that of last year that at the end we may all rejoice and thank The Almighty for his graciousness and love towards us

Can I hear an AMEN SOMEBODY
AMEN OOOO WELCOME BACK

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Loving Tyler / Introvert (a Short Story) / Daughter Of A Beggar: Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.