Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole (36223 Views)

Soyinka: N6 Slams Tonye Cole For Disrespecting His Wife With Kenya Moore / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wilson Oruma Being Duped By Pastor (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm

Na dem help the guy buy him window seat?

Bros you get better sense I swear
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by kizyalex10(m): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
When u re booking a flight,d atyendant asks if u want the window side or not.unless d window sides are full.for me i always choose d window sides anytime for d pleasure of sifht seeing etc.what if d man is a first time traveller on air and wants to use d opportunity to feel what it looks like on air.even me i always ask for window sits most times.d man is never wrong.soyinka is wrong.an elder should respect himself.if he ask d young man to allow him sit there,its left for him to agree or nt
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by namiji2598: 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
distributeinc:

Has your father achieved what Wole Soyinka has done for Nigeria...Wole Soyinka is among the most respected Nigerians worldwide, you kids just type shit cos you have free data. Till you die, you won't achieve what Wole Soyinka has, and you can never make an impact in the polity as he has. He is not an average Nigerian politician, this is a noble man. Grow up.
from ur typing asking someone to grow up, it signifies u ar a fully grown up man, from ur typing saying soyinka have achieved alot that the guy u ar quoting can never achieve , it signifies that u have limited vision that u can never achieve alot. from ur typing saying soyinka have achieved alot for Nigeria, point of corrections sir, the generations of wole soyinka are the people who have killed our nation today, the white man have given good educations, and civilization but look at our country today and tell me the impact that they have done towards maintenance of that good education, and talking abt Respect sir, respect is a do me I do u something, if wole soyinka have respected his self and sat down on his sit, then the young will never have disrespected him, if u can boldly tell the young man to shut up and leave the sit is jus like u telling Nigerians to shut up and leave the leaders do what they like, since they are elders and have achieved alot, is jus like u telling the church to jus let the pastors to do anything they like with the church money, is jus like u telling the civilians to jus shut up and watch even when the army/police/ SARS are harassing them.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by yeshuasfootstep(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What stupid right is Daddy Freeze saying people need to demand from the Church? The right to be a nuisance and start asking stupid questions or protesting? He should go and read what happened to Korah and his gang when they went against Moses and his congregation. He probably thinks the church is a place where you behave anyhow like in a democratic setting.

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Failure to abide by the rules in God's house leads to being kicked out.

Anyone with the truth is the church so you can't kick him out of himself. The best you can do is bar him from your contraptions where questions are forbidden. Even at a tender age, Yeshua has started asking and answering questions.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
Freezer must mention "Church" or "Poverty" in every topics he is discussing...

Obsessed right??
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
Houseofglam7:
I would've yanked the professor outta my seat!
I'm not on his payroll dammit.
undecided
Mouthed tongue
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Aidejay(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
Littlejay:

And boom. With all the atheist. Nigeria is still.......
With all the. Good leaders, employment opportunity, security, education, human rights, economic stability, kindness, respect, infrastructural development and other good things. U could have easily mentioned any of these but as a bundle u re u found a way to attract undue attention to your self by being ................
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
thesicilian:

It kind of does, Mr. Man
After reading those comments I just weak, exposure has made us lost many of our societal values, will the man not reach his destination if he gave up his seat?? Even if it's not Wole Soyinka, as long as the person is WAY older than u, u have to respect that. Though aged people do cross their boundaries at times, but I don't think Mr Soyinka has crossed his.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by DarkJeddi(m): 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
ayaside:
For everyone speaking about RIGHTS... It is a good thing but sometimes you gotta just shut down your RIGHT for something even better. NOT EVERYTHING YOU GOTTA DEMAND FOR YOUR RIGHT.
So in this case,what exactly is SOMETHING EVEN BETTER for the Young Man to give up his Rights?

He should be a good boy and start leaving his seat for every Obi ,Shehu and Ade that decides his seat looks more comfortable than his allotted one.. shocked

Giving out his seat is a privilege and he is under no COMPULSION to do so,emotional blackmail or not..
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Manuscopy: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
This Daddy Freeze,was always on codeine diet.....what brought church hereuseless pig!
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Youngzedd(m): 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What stupid right is Daddy Freeze saying people need to demand from the Church? The right to be a nuisance and start asking stupid questions or protesting? He should go and read what happened to Korah and his gang when they went against Moses and his congregation. He probably thinks the church is a place where you behave anyhow like in a democratic setting.

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

That statement was talking about something else. Below is the whole chapter. The rule you are talking about here is from verse 1 - 12 which got nothing to do with what Daddy Freeze is saying.

1 Timothy 3 New International Version (NIV)

Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons

3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

8 In the same way, deacons[b] are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.

11 In the same way, the women[c] are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.

12 A deacon must be faithful to his wife and must manage his children and his household well. 13 Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.

Reasons for Paul’s Instructions

14 Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, 15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth. 16 Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:

He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,[d]
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

Your comment with that scripture is actually off point, you may try to counter it but the above scriptures is clear.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
This freezer guy had to involve the church in this Really
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Youngzedd(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2019
Love4God:
Fake Freeze. After claiming to be the owner of another person's property and was apprehended by the police.probably and possibly he is one of the reason most Nigerian youths think they have achieved nothing and want to commit suicide because of his fake lifestyle. I hope this information is not new on this platform.You can search and view the video on YouTube.

Like I stated before on a similar thread on this same issue, I would politely tell prof. that the seat was originally allocated to me but if he pleads politely or refuses to let go I would let him have it.

Those following OAP freeze teachings should beware of him because he's a false prophet as well as many other " RICHEST PASTORS IN NIGERIA WHO ARE ON FORBES LIST ".

grin grin grin grin

That was a comedy skit grin ; grin grin. The Onye Eze saga.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by shugabasbn: 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nigeria can makes news or issues where is not existing. So tell me my gain from Soyinka sitting no sitting wahala for God sake
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by abuja2019: 3:27pm On Jun 25, 2019
nawa o,na strong matter be this o.

meanwhile for your marquee modern Tent for your events (Sales and rental)
contact Aufmevic Nigeria Limited on 08037557703

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by ayaside(m): 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
DarkJeddi:
So in this case,what exactly is SOMETHING EVEN BETTER for the Young Man to give up his Rights?

He should be a good boy and start leaving his seat for every Obi ,Shehu and Ade that decides his seat looks more comfortable than his allotted one.. shocked

Giving out his seat is a privilege and he is under no COMPULSION to do so,emotional blackmail or not..
Thought my statement is self-explanatory. "Sometimes" simply means not all the time. He did what he did and he is ok with it, so be it. Maybe, I would have done same, maybe not.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by poik(m): 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
[quote author=GistMore12 post=79643553]GistMore.com

Controversial, Nigerian OAP and leader of the Free the Sheeple movement, Daddy Freeze, who has made it his duty to always have a say in any trending issues has again weighed in on the online debate concerning the Nigerian man that ordered Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, out of his seat onboard a flight yesterday, Sunday, June 23.

The quite outspoken Cool FM big boy wrote an open letter to politician/Businessman, Tonye Cole who shared the story online.
Through the note he wrote, Freeze wondered what the respect Nigerians have so far given to their elders has done for us as a nation.

In his post, Freeze stressed that the young man had the courage to demand for his right but Soyinka has over the years failed to demand for the rights of Nigerians from its leaders.

He wrote:

See more here; http://gistmore.com/daddy-freeze-reacts-to-wole-soyinka-vs-young-boy-debate-schools-tonye-cole

[/quote

You respect someone because respect is in you, not because of what you will get or what it has done for you. Thats for starters.
I probably wouldnt ask him to leave the seat, but i would point out that he was in my space if i were in the young man's shoes. That is not disrespect.
I would not call the young man disrespectful in any way.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by kernel01: 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
thesicilian:

It kind of does, Mr. Man

In the wider world abi in Yoruba land?
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by valentinos22(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
PrinceKevin01:
My Brother this guy tire me Oo
Always challenging himself, not the people of God

Anyway I will make a Professional Logo for your Product or Company
afonja's, always weaponizing their age!
religion and tradition are thieves! take it or leave it!
let me leave you with this question... which part of Nigeria has high belief on both practices?

....my parrot just said afonja tongue ....
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Richy4(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
Angelfrost:

Thank you for your courteous response... The instances you gave are also commonplace here in Nigeria. Courtesy (Polite gesture or act) is quite distinct from respect (high regard, honor or admiration for a person).

You can actually show someone (anyone even) courtesy without having any regard for the person... Courtesy can be momentary, but respect, once earned, can be indefinite.

Finally, most people show courtesy when convenient for them, or to win admiration not essentially out of respect... Courtesy comes in different forms, and it's not narrowed to one thing i.e. It's a form of courtesy to stand up for an elder when he is standing... It's also courteous to politely re-direct an elder sitting on the wrong seat to his rightful seat.

In this stance, The elderly has already taken and settled on a seat.. Are u implying that what the young man did was polite and good by trying to redirect the elderly man to sit somewhere else.. what happens to good manners?

Some people are gonna grow old some day and unfortunately some might not see old age.. Old age comes with weaknesses and stress because the body is no longer what it was.. How will u feel when the time comes and a young man wouldn't even give a hoot if u were sitting or standing in a public space...

I don't expect you to try and argue with this just to sound smart... That young man's up bringing should be questioned.. Good manners can take one to where qualifications and connections can't..
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Littlejay(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
Aidejay:

With all the. Good leaders, employment opportunity, security, education, human rights, economic stability, kindness, respect, infrastructural development and other good things. U could have easily mentioned any of these but as a bundle u re u found a way to attract undue attention to your self by being ................
Says the fool that left all he mentioned and blamed it all on christianity...
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by deebrain(m): 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
omerukokwuru:
and who are you to pass judgment on daddy freeze? with all your posturing as scripturally enlightened you should leave judgement to God, if you believe in God

When it happens, you will know.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by efficiencie(m): 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
Littlejay:

And boom. With all the babalawo, mosques and co. Nigeria is still.........
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Angelfrost(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2019
Richy4:

In this stance, The elderly has already taken and settled on a seat.. Are u implying that what the young man did was polite and good by trying to redirect the elderly man to sit somewhere else.. what happens to good manners?

Some people are gonna grow old some day and unfortunately some might not see old age.. Old age comes with weaknesses and stress because the body is no longer what it was.. How will u feel when the time comes and a young man wouldn't even give a hoot if u were sitting or standing in a public space...

I don't expect you to try and argue with this just to sound smart... That young man's up bringing should be questioned.. Good manners can take one to where qualifications and connections can't..

Do you even know why people specifically book window seats? Do you know it medically helps certain individuals cope with a long distance flight? Please, research on it....

We should not be like Mr. Tonye Cole, and indulge in sweeping generalization or hasty assumptions... Are you also saying old people should deliberately ignore seating arrangements, take seats paid for by others all because they are younger? What kinda culture is that? That is certainly not African culture... Let's not muddle things up.

We are all elders in one way or the other... Even the Bible says: train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is OLD he won't depart from it... As an elder, I won't deliberately take a seat paid for by another while disregarding the one I paid for, and demand or expect the person to take mine without entreating him first all because he is younger... That smacks of rudeness, and is completely "unAfrican". This is common sense, as respect is reciprocal.

Elders should set good examples, not go about demanding respect even when they are clearly in the wrong... Please, the truth is quite clear before you. Don't let your awe of Prof Soyinka cloud your judgement... I respect the man, and if I were the young man, I would politely entreat him to take his rightful seat, explaining why I needed and paid for the window seat... If he fails to see reasons, then his elder status comes into question...

This is part of why we aren't moving forward as a nation. We hide behind so called " respect" for elder statesmen, and fail to correct or speak against them when they are clearly in the wrong.

Life is simple, and based on basic principles... Let's not complicate our earthly existence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by bixton(m): 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
Jaynom:

And Christ that dedicated a chapter to insult the Pharisees nko? Read Mathew 23

I think the word to use is "admonish".

The Holy Bible is the rule and regulations of the church. If anyone is operating outside it then that individual needs to be admonished by using the same words from the scriptures.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Aidejay(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2019
Littlejay:

says the wise man who saw my original quote and said to himself this person hates me let me be stupid and act like I am normal
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Aidejay(m): 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
Littlejay:

I've never seen anyone who failed to comprehend simple English my intentions my opinions my writing the reason why u think u have audacity to misquote me and then insult me must be enshrined in your Christian head that has failed u so far
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by IamCharles123: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
Littlejay:

How many atheist dey Nigeria sef, u do the stat
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by bixton(m): 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

With respect to Moses and the Korah gang, you'll need to read up the entire part of that chapter to get a grasp of what happened. They disrespected God and questioned His authority and not Moses which resulted to the consequences.

As to the quoted verse you posted, Its all about a different thing. Still do well to read the whole chapter. It's never good for one to read a just verse and give meaning to it without reading what precedes or succeeds it.
Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by alBHAGDADI: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
yeshuasfootstep:
Anyone with the truth is the church so you can't kick him out of himself. The best you can do is bar him from your contraptions where questions are forbidden. Even at a tender age, Yeshua has started asking and answering questions.

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Olarewaju89: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
I got something for you.

semyman:
Who Wole Soyinka don help?
Let him get off the funky seat and respect his age

Re: Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wole Soyinka Vs Young Man Debate, Schools Tonye Cole by Jaynom(m): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
bixton:

I think the word to use is "admonish".

The Holy Bible is the rule and regulations of the church. If anyone is operating outside it then that individual needs to be admonished by using the same words from the scriptures.
(1) Christ insulted the teachers of religious law. Don't try to make it look as if he didn't.
(2) The Bible IS NOT THE RULE & REGULATION OF THE CHURCH! . Christ is the AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH! Not everything in the Bible is Christian, please be warned!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

30 People To Sue Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Over Bukola Dakolo’s Rape - Segalink / Bbnaija 2018 Finalists All Stun In New Photo, Out To Support Alex / Angela Okorie Fights With Lagos Policeman Who Told Her She Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.