Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume (18585 Views)

Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. / Why Is Dating More Difficult After The University? / Men, Share 3 Words You Like To Hear More Than "I Love You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 02, 2019
franchasng:
lol, I get your point perfectly well, very correct.

But you know in my case, before I decided not to work again and ventured into personal business, I had goals, I had vision beyond the normal Nigerian trading business setting you see all around.

My mentors own popular brands u do see and hear about which I won't mention here, so u can imagine.

I sleep and wake up planning and thinking and brainstorming how to grow my company (not just a business) to be like these my mentors' companies.

I have an organizational structure, it is not exactly how I want it to be now, but I am still working on it so that the business will function smoothly even if I am not around for months.

And the sector my company is happens to be one of most sustainable and viable sectors all over the world with potential to go global if well planned, funded and with God's favor too.

I tell my staffs to see their job as a corporate work, at least some earn as much as most civil servants in Nigeria today. And I am praying to God, once my company monthly turnover hits 10million mark, I will start paying my staff 100k + and least staff 70k with full health insurance (HMO) and pension package so they will know they have a career future.

My future plans is to hire few staff and pay them well but they will work from the time they clock in till close of work, than hiring too many staffs that earn peanut which is the model many Nigerian companies operate to deceive government and secure government grants and subsidies, reason many Nigerian graduates are working but can't take care of their needs cry
A man with vision and ambition like yours is so hard to find. Keep it up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by millionboi2: 9:53am On Jul 02, 2019
bluskyee:
it is good to be informed, if there is another life after this, I will be banker. Over and over again. I don't know the bankers you see, if you meet a shrewd banker, in the next life he would want to be one. Heard of the Medici' s they were bankers the Rothschild s were bankers. In this part of the world things are not that fantastic but ask a banker in Fx treasury sales if he would like to quit his job for an oil company ....
we all know that Mr Man.....is just like to be a thief.

We don't want to be thieves? okay

1 Like

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by millionboi2: 9:59am On Jul 02, 2019
Iogobenz:
Yes.you are right!
I do a lot of research but distribution has a limit.
It gets to a point where it reaches and start imploding.
Reason I tried to MOVE ON so many times but I haven't succeeded in making that leap yet.harsh truth I must be honest.
I tried marine business.wanted to partner with someone who has a functional company already and bankroll some activities.
But dude proposed a model where I will sit back and do nothing while I wait for 5% ROI every 23 days like I am some housewife lol.
I almost want break the bottle of beer he offered me in that meeting on his oblong head.to me,any business that I don't get to participate in it's activities is a bad business.
I went into wood exploitation some months back too but i needed machinery to be profitable which I couldn't afford and will take a very long time for the business to get to that point,say 10 yrs and i wasnt that patient and i jumped ship.
But I have re-strategized what i know too well successfully and will have different results hopefully before October.
Still on the dream though,infact,i will dream of Tony today and i will be putting on his black tracksuit angry
grin grin grin no mind me.
can we chat pls
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by millionboi2: 10:05am On Jul 02, 2019
franchasng:
lol, me I want to own more businesses and companies. I want to grow my brand to a global brand that will attract foreign seed funds.

I hate banking job sha, that's it for me, and i can't marry a banker, never!

You must have a reason why u love your banking job, but not for me mba lol

Aside managing my businesses, the only job I can do is heading a top IT firm like Google, Facebook, PayPal, Apple or heading the logistics department of a big logistics firm, that's all
He is thief abeg or maybe him still dey school dey study banking

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by luvyaself95(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2019
calgaryFriend:
I can relate with you OP. For me I am outside of the country and I already made up my mind not to marry from outside the country. I have been meeting people online but after relating with them for sometime I realise the extent of how ignorant, materialistic and focus-less most ladies are.

I was following up with a lady last week, then I saw her whatsap status - ENU GBE, E FUN MI LOWO ENU GBG (i am broke, please give me money I am broke). What kind of human being comes on social media to write such trash ? People dont even have respect for themselves or their families.

WheN i WAS in school I was placed on minimum wage and I tried to live within my means how can people just begin to behave like peasants, so that pissed me off and I just cancelled that babe.

The next one was even a little promising but on 2 occasions I was speaking to her and she was speaking to other people, imagine chatting someone and they admit they are also chatting up to 7 people at the same time.

Then I rebuked the person and the next few days we are talking on phone and the person is typing and after I asked what was going on she said she was chatting with people while speaking with me on whatsap call, I did not even react, but I just cancelled her in my mind.

It is quite tough really, the quality of women out there is really very low, we just have a few who are young and have proper sense.

Goodluck as we continue to search... grin grin grin
All these ladies ehn na God go help person...
Goodluck on the search bro..
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by luvyaself95(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2019
knc:
that was how i was doing anyhow when i was with my girl few months back at a point i even dey bring woman for house and she caught me one day and dealt with the girl before i go come back my house don turn upside down.

I entered my house see wethn she did to my guest and she don put hot water for fire oo wethn she wan do wih hot water me i dont know

omo i use vex beat her blue black chase her comot tell her im not doing again...via we are doing relationship and u are mad like this if we come marry that means u will kill person. na so relationship take end and we were close to settling down oo..

I started leaving my life enjoying girls the way i wish. name it 3some, watching lesbians make out and inviting girls to twerk for me/house party.

After like 7months i never still get gf ooo much more of settling down..
I started thinking abt my life... i started asking my sef if na like this i go dey live my life and again as per only child too much pressure is on me to marry.. chei....

Na so i begin reson some of my friends that e be like i will go back to my girl oo..
long story short i went back and she accepted me. i swore never to hurt her again
should be seeing her parents soon.

My people wife no too dey like girlfirends o o o o o o
if your woman dey give u peace of mind hold her tight...

Op i pray u meet her soon.. goodluck
You're very lucky
1 She accept you back
2 she is not taken
3 she is loyal as i assume...
This is grace for You Never lose that Gold in your hands oh...

1 Like

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by luvyaself95(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2019
ladiesreject:
This is why I intend to start a serious relationship now that am young and jobless. Because as soon as I get a nice paying job, I intend to marry, as ""flexing"" has never been my kind of lifestyle.

But the discouragement I get from guys about my broke status coupled with the kind of lifestyle girls within the age bracket I want live, I begin to wonder if I will ever get ""LUCKY", cos marriage is about luck for me.

Parents of female children are also not doing enough as they don't give their daughters orientation about raising a family. A twenty years old girl for example is not ready to commit, she still wants to explore. What are you exploring?

May God help us and give us our spec of life partner.
We're in the same situation man. is not easy. wish i was female with the way my mama train i should have been married by now. but being a male finding a partner is like building house on a swamp land...

1 Like

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Kingsteve(m): 11:28am On Jul 02, 2019
What can I say?
With this current unforgiving economy, I really pity the unmarried!
It will only get worse, if there isn't any drastic change.
Hold on tight...it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

1 Like

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by BLUEJAYY: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
I enjoy the enterpreneurial discourse going on in this thread.

I can see a couple of contributors on here are men of culture like myself. smiley Keep on brainstorming brothers. We can build luxury chains and empires of incredibly successful businesses. I strongly believe that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by franchasng: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
funmisticqueen:
A man with vision and ambition like yours is so hard to find. Keep it up
Thank you my sister, you just made my head swell small lolz.....thanks, wish you and every other ambitious Nigerian youth Godspeed in their legitimate endeavors to earn a living, have a great day cool

2 Likes

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I have gone through my comments. What were you expecting everyone to comment on? Strictly how hard it is to find partners

Of course it is normal we touch areas that influences this difficultly in finding and keeping partners. This includes work, location, ukwu...etc. Please, chill, life isn't that hard.

Are you a perfectionist?

Hmm is Ukwu a deal breaker?
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Oh, I must commend the guys, in fact everyone on this thread. You all have been civil so far. I done learn something here.

Obviously the kids didn't invade this thread with nonsense comments.

Lalasticlala should consider this one.

Jeez madame, I must be late to this party. Lemme go & read what you learnt o angry
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by leonard002(m): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
Finding a partner is not difficult, finding a compatible partner is the issue

2 Likes

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

Hmm is Ukwu a deal breaker?

For some people, yes.

Are you also looking for a life partner?
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Bossjakande: 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I have never been in an unhappy relationship. The extent to which I allow them influence me, is what differs.

Lol, what makes you think our problem would come from looks and money? Like that was even the basis of starting in the first place. Anyway, we would do the needed when we are ready for it.
some relationship start happy but end in pains.I Neva wish DAT for you.
the truth is looks and money is the first thing before a guy think of even as u out ur looks matter. and women like money too.are dey not jumping as parrot in family room about getting rich man.nice one dear dere is no hurry in marriage so long u still love each other.
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
funmisticqueen & franchasng wedding bells soon. Guys watch out cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
AntiBrutus:

For some people, yes.

Are you also looking for a life partner?

Hmm why do you want to know?
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

Hmm why do you want to know?

So you can share your challenges with us.
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
AntiBrutus:

So you can share your challenges with us.

I have never had challenges really, maybe I'm just lucky. Perhaps its because i never really planned to be serious in any relationship up until last year.

Apart from that, the only person i have loved since my first relationship in Uni days, it seems career and ambition would be taking me far away from her.

I have this strong feeling i might end up marrying who i don't love just for the sake of time is going, so lets just wrap this up. Love or not, lets just move on.
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by bluskyee: 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
millionboi2:
we all know that Mr Man.....is just like to be a thief.

We don't want to be thieves? okay
l don't understand, what do you intend to say? maybe you should keep it simple.
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by bluskyee: 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2019
Adakintroy2:

Even so low/high opinions. lol
There is no relativity at the extreme. It only gets muddled up in the middle
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by bluskyee: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Kwinesther:
I don't and will never beg, just saying hasty conclusions which we mostly do is wrong.
That's good! You see baby, let me illuminate you a bit " perception is reality " it is what I perceive about you that forms my reality of you. You may never get another chance to show your real self. People can only judge your actions and not your intent. Forget the " do not judge a book by its cover". So think before you make that impression!
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by bluskyee: 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2019
franchasng:
without ukwu, what else are u going to discuss in woman romance matter bikozie shocked
grin cheesy grin
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by bluskyee: 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2019
millionboi2:
He is thief abeg or maybe him still dey school dey study banking
ok

1 Like

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by bluskyee: 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
Kingsteve:
What can I say?
With this current unforgiving economy, I really pity the unmarried!
It will only get worse, if there isn't any drastic change.
Hold on tight...it's gonna be a bumpy ride!
In war torn regions, people still get married week in week out - I get your point though.

1 Like

Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by bluskyee: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
truthsayer009:
funmisticqueen & franchasng wedding bells soon. Guys watch out cheesy cheesy cheesy
lols if this works out franchasng you will have to pay "thread fee"
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
gift3d:

shocked shocked just like that shocked where is the venue? grin
Akure, u can send ur digits here, Ketikubamidele1985@gmail.com, u never can tell.
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Adakintroy2: 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
bluskyee:
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Adakintroy2: 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
bluskyee:

Maybe "extreme" and "relativity" should not be in same sentence for you seeing that Relativity itself opposes "absoluteness" --- which extreme concede to sought of.
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by bluskyee: 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
Adakintroy2:

Maybe "extreme" and "relativity" should not be in same sentence for you seeing that Relativity itself opposes "absoluteness" --- which extreme concede to sought of.

I really did d not grasp all you wrote but I understand where you are coming from.
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by Adakintroy2: 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
bluskyee:
I really did d not grasp all you wrote but I understand where you are coming from.

Ok
Re: Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume by gift3d(f): 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
dancok:
Akure, u can send ur digits here, Ketikubamidele1985@gmail.com, u never can tell.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Do Most Girls Prefer Dark Guys? / First Time You Touched boo.bs Experiences / Most Embarrassing Moment Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.