Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud (21318 Views)

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2010
^^^ I am waiting for the morons that condemned Sanusi too.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Lagosboy: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

You still don't get it in your dumb head that deserves a shotgun!

She INTENTIONALLY mismanaged to her financial benefit.

TO HER PERSONAL GAIN!!!

TO ENRICH HERSELF!!!

I remember Sanusi saying that in oceanics case 75% of the no9n performing loans were to her companies, whcih means she deliberately mismanged it to enrich herself. She was facing 25 count charge let us remember.

Nigerians are the greatest enemies of nigeria. They scream corruption and when someone is convicted of corruption they scream persecution, witchhinting and whip all sorts of sentiments. Madoff in the US bagged life jail for his ponti scam, oceanic would have eneded up in distress if Sanusi had not intervened people forget this.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2010
Lagosboy:

I remember Sanusi saying that in oceanics case 75% of the no9n performing loans were to her companies, whcih means she deliberately mismanged it to enrich herself. She was facing 25 count charge let us remember.

Nigerians are the greatest enemies of nigeria. They scream corruption and when someone is convicted of corruption they scream persecution, witchhinting and whip all sorts of sentiments. Madoff is the US bagged life jailfor his ponti scam, oceanic would have eneded up in distress if Sanusi had not intervened people forget this.

Look, e go better for you for this post.

That kafanchan needs to end it. He needs to destroy his worthless brain.

Some Nigerians' brains are underdeveloped and some have their mentality completely screwed up.

I have always said, some people's opinions should not matter. Their brains are full of shyt.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by hercules07: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2010
@Kafanchan

She stole the money, she is just lucky the EFCC and our Judiciary do not have a strong backbone, the evidence of her theft is the amount she is forfeiting (who will forfeit money that is not stolen, I will rather die). I have always maintained that Sanusi should have allowed both Oceanic and Intercontinental to collapse by closing the EDW and not bailing them out, by now, Cecilia Ibru will be begging to be kept in a maximum security prison because so many people will be baying for her blood.
There is no billionaire in Nigeria in the last 50 years who did not make the money illegally, even Dangote made his money on the back of Government patronage via monopolistic licenses. We all know how small Oceanic was before the consolidation, we saw how they (Oceanic and dem dem) "grew" in less than 10 years into big banks (buying jets), infact, one of the forfeited building is 100 meters from where I am.
We really need the Chinese Solution in this country, our people are too avaricious for jail terms to dissuade them (and I am against death sentence o).
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kulutempa: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2010
Lagosboy:

Nigerians are the greatest enemies of nigeria. They scream corruption and when someone is convicted of corruption they scream persecution, witchhinting and whip all sorts of sentiments. Madoff in the US bagged life jail for his ponti scam, oceanic would have eneded up in distress if Sanusi had not intervened people forget this.

I have said it before and I will say it again.  We Nigerians deserve the leaders we get.  In fact it's like we are subconsciously hard wired for corruption even though we deny it all the time.  We just can't  seem to help ourselves and turn away  from pinching other people's money.  In fact  I remember a friend who once told me about a popular saying in Lagos which goes as follows:  "ati owo eni, ati owo olowo ki olorun ma fi ikan mbe won wa."    Translation:  May God not deny us money belonging  to us and that belonging to others.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2010
hercules07,

Chinese method is what we need truly. I have always supported it. But let it not be selective. Na my own be that.

Sagamite,

U just dey talk since, U neva gimme my reply, I say prove that she gave out the loans to enrich herself, prove that she stole to get all her assets confiscated, u can't. u are busy quoting Sanusi' word that is not worth my slippers. Dont ever reply until you get proofs for those allegations.

See, if I catch u there, baba e ma run down.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2010
The retards in Guardian newspaper owned by the Ibrus did not carry the story of how someone was jailed for mismanaging $1bn.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

hercules07,

Chinese method is what we need truly. I have always supported it. But let it not be selective. Na my own be that.

Sagamite,

U just dey talk since, U neva gimme my reply, I say prove that she gave out the loans to enrich herself, prove that she stole to get all her assets confiscated, u can't. u are busy quoting Sanusi' word that is not worth my slippers. Dont ever reply until you get proofs for those allegations.

What is this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.64.html#msg6907848

You need to end it.

You need to kill yourself.

Your brain is worthless. Do it.

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by asha80(m): 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kulutempa: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

hercules07,

Sagamite,

Kafanchan,  I have to step in here because you are beginning to insult the intelligence of people on this site.   I am a lawyer and I can tell you for nothing that there would have be no reason for Mrs Ibru to have entered into a plea bargain to surrender assets worth 150 billion naira which she acquired lawfully unless she is mad in which case she would not have been fit to plead.   I really think you are trying to defend the indefensible here and it would be best if you gave it a rest.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

What is this: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.64.html#msg6907848

You need to end it.

You need to kill yourself.

Your brain is worthless. Do it.

See u, mumu. dem write there say e use bank's money to acquire those assets? No need for u to kill yourself, atleast u re someone's friend. Your friend will miss your folly if u kill urself. Just go to a rehab. Dindinrin ako dani dani
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2010
kulutempa:

Kafanchan,  I have to step in here because you are beginning to insult the intelligence of people on this site.   I am a lawyer and I can tell you for nothing that there would have be no reason for Mrs Ibru to have entered into a plea bargain to surrender assets worth 150 billion naira which she acquired lawfully unless she is mad in which case she would not have been fit to plead.   I really think you are trying to defend the indefensible here and it would be best if you gave it a rest.  

He has rat faeces-infested brain to not be able to deduce that.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2010
kulutempa:

Kafanchan,  I have to step in here because you are beginning to insult the intelligence of people on this site.   I am a lawyer and I can tell you for nothing that there would have be no reason for Mrs Ibru to have entered into a plea bargain to surrender assets worth 150 billion naira which she acquired lawfully unless she is mad in which case she would not have been fit to plead.   I really think you are trying to defend the indefensible here and it would be best if you gave it a rest.  .

Noted. Alrite

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2010
kulutempa:

Kafanchan, I have to step in here because you are beginning to insult the intelligence of people on this site. I am a lawyer and I can tell you for nothing that there would have be no reason for Mrs Ibru to have entered into a plea bargain to surrender assets worth 150 billion naira which she acquired lawfully unless she is mad in which case she would not have been fit to plead. I really think you are trying to defend the indefensible here and it would be best if you gave it a rest.

Ok. noted

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2010
kafanchan:

See u, mumu. dem write there say e use bank's money to acquire those assets? No need for u to kill yourself, atleast u re someone's friend. Your friend will miss your folly if u kill urself. Just go to a rehab. Dindinrin ako dani dani

So what did she use to acquire it?

And why is she giving it up for a bank money case?

Omugor!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

So what did she use to acquire it?

And why is she giving it up for a bank money case?

Omugor!

I don hear.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by usbcable(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2010
I do not blame EFCC in this
neither do i blame CBN

I blame our judiciary;
if its not a case of the court not having jurisdiction to try a suspect it is that the prosecutor does not have a locus-standi to chage the suspect to court
if its not the defence wanting more time to respond to an added charge it will the prosecution wanting its own to time respond to another counter charge or whatever.
if its not the judge being accused of bias it is another case of adjournment upon adjournments upon adjournments

the cases drag on for ages and the masses losses interest and atthe end of the day the ''BIG MAN/WOMAN'' bags a 6 months jail term that can be back dated and in that same period can get leave on medical grounds.

All these are never available for the ordinary nigerian.
So Sad for Nigeria.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by invisible2(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2010
Oceanic lost depositors money, First bank lost depositors money and wrote off billions of naira last year. What makes this one a fraud and the First bank case a genuine business decision gone wrong? Just curious, would it not be right to say its because Cecilia owns so much wealth that is the problem here and not losing investors money/giving loans that flopped.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by gididi: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2010
Plea-bargain------bullshit. Bode George 87b for 2.5years and Cecilia Ibru 191b for 6months .More to come for plea bargain.
Pls I need 1b naira for 5years jail . Nawao for this 9ja. A country where budget is 4.7t naira and 1.7t goes for salary of 17,000 people--presidency,judicially and national assembly . Wetin you caller ---ole country.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2010
invisible!:

Oceanic lost depositors money, First bank lsot depositors money and wrote off billion of naira last year. What makes this one a fraud and the First bank case a genuine business decision gone wrong?

It is not decision gone wrong my brother, it is MAN KNOW MAN. First bank know sanusi and oceanic bank doesnt. I wish this thing done to Ibru will go round other MDs too. I am more than 70% sure not a single MD will be left (Imean those MDs under Soludo). I just have this feelings that as long selective judgement continues, we are doomed in this country. Man go just tif money, and e go make sure say im dey humble enuf to pally any government in power. Shey u know of the issue of SEAWOLF and FIRSTBANK. Sanusi never bullied First bank for giving one organisation loan worth 28% of its shareholder's fund. To make the matter worse, the loan was reclassified instead of being written off ( the evidence was once posted on NL but I cant lay my hands on it now). The same offence few other MDs are facing trial for. Just imagine Ibru going to jail and Ovia, Elumelu, Akinfehinwa and Tayo being celebrated. So sad, my brother.

I have a dream, that one day all thieves will be made to face judgement irrespective of their affiliation or connection. That is when I can boldly say "Naija is there".
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by dejiswaggs(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2010
thats good for her , mumu woman ;d ;d ;d ;d cool
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
invisible!:

Oceanic lost depositors money, First bank lsot depositors money and wrote off billion of naira last year. What makes this one a fraud and the First bank case a genuine business decision gone wrong?

Oceanic lost money like Enron.

First Bank lost money the way HSBC (and thousands of other banks) lose money every year.

That is a riddle. Do you understand it?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
usbcable:

I do not blame EFCC in this
neither do i blame CBN

I blame our judiciary;
if its not a case of the court not having jurisdiction to try a suspect it is that the prosecutor does not have a locus-standi to chage the suspect to court
if its not the defence wanting more time to respond to an added charge it will the prosecution wanting its own to time respond to another counter charge or whatever.
if its not the judge being accused of bias it is another case of adjournment upon adjournments upon adjournments

the cases drag on for ages and the masses losses interest and atthe end of the day the ''BIG MAN/WOMAN'' bags a 6 months jail term that can be back dated and in that same period can get leave on medical grounds.

All these are never available for the ordinary nigerian.
So Sad for Nigeria.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

True!

With these kind of judgements we are getting. Heads need to roll in the Ministry of Justice for being useless in logistics and influencing legislative laws.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by adconline(m): 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2010
The people wey OWN Nigeria and all the things wey dey inside am,
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by hercules07: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2010
@invisible

The loans that First Bank wrote off, were they awarded to their MD?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by bomly(f): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2010
That List is really Long, anyway I wish her the best in Jail for 6Months
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by live4love: 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2010
If only we remember that many livelyhood were lost as a result of Madm Ibru's activities, remember that period just when Sanusi came into power , many people lost thier jobs, mostly low level staff . God dey
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2010
What I dont know now is if the government will be right to hand over the seized assets to AMCON or to give the money back to Oceanic bank .
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by maxdi(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
I think I have a different view.

Where on earth could all these have been gotten?
Had this Nigerian worked with govt. or been into politics before?
How has this loot affected oceanic bank staff and depositor?
Is this not really political, considering the jail term?

Oh Lord My God, Please Save this country and give us strength to embrace the truth.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by invisible2(m): 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2010
hercules07:

@invisible

The loans that First Bank wrote off, were they awarded to their MD?
I didnt get to read the part where she was alleged to have given herself a loan, could you please help point it out to me. Thank you.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by invisible2(m): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

Oceanic lost money like Enron.

First Bank lost money the way HSBC (and thousands of other banks) lose money every year.

That is a riddle. Do you understand it?

Would it not be a waste of bandwidth, to try and compare apples and oranges here. Enron, the US are a different kettle of fish altogether. Let us stick to the basics.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by kafanchan: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2010
invisible!:

I didnt get to read the part where she was alleged to have given herself a loan, could you please help point it out to me. Thank you.

They are saying that for the court to have confiscated her property without her objecting, that means she actually used some of loan for herself or atleast she stole money. It is true because I confirmed it from my Dad's friend that is a Judge.

She is actually guilty, my own is question is 'what about other MDs", (na im make me dey feel for the woman - I feel bad when I see a case of double standard),  Prosecute them too, that is when me, you and every sane person in this country will know that we are on track to real justice and fairness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bank Execs Fingered Sabotaging New Naira Notes Distribution / Angry Customer Sues First Bank To Court Over Mastercard Fraud / Digital Loan Sharks: Shaming, Recovery Techniques Pushing Nigerians To The Brink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.