Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above (36880 Views)

Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' / How To Test Pregnancy At Home With Salt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by texasux: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2021
JovialJune:

When that troll is tired he will keep shut and move on, whatever moniker that looks like mine, was created recently, I've had this moniker since last year.

That's his special way of getting at whomever he disagrees with - creating an account very similar, but with a a slight difference,from the original account, which he then uses for selfish interests

3 Likes

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by texasux: 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Una wicked for this Nairaland; small thing una tender receipts. grin grin grin

Bro, that is a troll account recently created by the jobless mofo just to get back at her.

That's what he does best - clone accounts and use for trolling

1 Like

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Jonsegzxy(m): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
Lalastical plz i want this post at the front page......

What can cause a lady of under 30 irregular period?
Since my wife gave birth to the first child it takes her 2yrs to see her period after that her period comes every 2months and her ovulation is not accurate plz huz what can cause it and solutions, she has visit different laboratory and hospital for test and doctor confirm it that is alright....
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Ashirioluwa: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
descarado:

Fumi desalo void got pregnant through ivf at 58.

As long as you have the money, it's possible.

But I agree to the miracle ones we hear everyday in churches. They don't just buy, they also steal. Baby factories.

Not talking about ivf. One of the women claime she pregnant at 68
https://www.news4jax.com/news/world/2020/04/22/68-year-old-nigerian-woman-gives-birth-to-twins/

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by omoharry(f): 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
olabrinks:
it’s true but let that be the last option.
yes.
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by ufotty2001: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2021
omoharry:
That is when you are financially buoyant and mentally independent. Nigeria is not the kind of country you bring children into the world just becos of age without proper planning and fund to take care of them .

To be very sincere.. assuming am a female if I notice that am aging to a certain age like 35yrs above or close to my monopause! I will be left with no other option than to takin in.... You said something about finance.. those it mean that a woman can not huzzle to take good care of a child?
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by DD29: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2021
Early Marriage Solve The Problem
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Jman06(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Pls educate the men that infections affect their fertility too . many men shooting blanks out there
Nonsense and shooting blank! Those men are simply shooting into bottomless pits.
No matter a man's age, give him a lass in the age range of 16-20 and see him impregnate her so easily, just one round of inter course is enough.
This is one of the reasons the northern Nigeria is more populated than the south. They marry out their daughters early at the times they're still booming fertility wise.
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by omoharry(f): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2021
ufotty2001:

To be very sincere.. assuming am a female if I notice that am aging to a certain age like 35yrs above or close to my monopause! I will be left with no other option than to takin in.... You said something about finance.. those it mean that a woman can not huzzle to take good care of a child?
Read my comment again . I said a woman has to be financially capable for her to bring a child to the world . Especially in a harsh terrain like Nigeria.
In essence a woman must not bring a child into the world to suffer, when she knows she is not financially buoyant, just becos age is not on her side .
Why bring s child into a country like Nigeria to suffer just becos age is not by Ur side. That is my point .
Most women in Thier late 30s are not financially independent.
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by tonyson010(m): 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

With IVF , you are educated aren't you?

Na WA o illiterates ehn

43 can still conceive naturally even if the chance is 2%.
The article is not ruling out conception, just stating that it is harder.

2 Likes

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by labelle123(f): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2021
Forget science
God does the undo

2 Likes

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by tonyson010(m): 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2021
Evercurious:

Thank you for educating all these half baked 'veterinary' doctors we ve here on nairaland... You re right. I used to experience lactation and irregular menstruation. After series of test and consultation, I was told told the lactation was due to hormonal imbalance and the irregular flow was due to stress and emotional instability ( pressure, stress ,sudden mood swings etc all from my job as at that time). Funny enough, my menstrual flow became regular immediately I left that job. Next was the lactation. All sorted without any medication. At that point I discovered that STRESS can do alot of harm to the body..Maybe he has his own reason for that...

Me I saw my mum menstruating almost at 50 years ..while I saw some with irregular and as good as no menstruation get pregnant and give birth. So why do I ve to bother my life?.. when i reach that bridge , I go sure cross am as long as i dont live any complicated life.. That's my principle..However it is, it ll surely end well

Yes, stress plays a lot of role in hormonal changes especially those involved in reproductive system, both on the man and human.
Some people quote rubbish and use ignorance from public to extort people.......it is pathetic.
@50yrs, few can still see their menses.

1 Like

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by whitemand4(m): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2021
ufotty2001:
My advice to ladies are don't wait on till you get to 35-40 try and get pregnant even without husband

grin grin grin
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by tradepunter: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2021
JovialJune:
Right, there should also be an extensive awareness of male infertility like low sperm count and the rest, the rate at which men consume drugs and alcohol with reckless lifestyle which affect their fertility is worrisome, they don't know this, they ignorantly marry their wives and assume only women have this problem. A doctor friend told me of infertility cases caused by men, who refuses to tell their spouse, they prefer the blame to be heaped on her, God help us.

Blah blah blah

This write up is focused on women.

It has opened the eyes of some of us, I never knew this thing happened... All thanks to the OP.

A steady increase in population growth shows majority of men don't suffer fertility problem and not restricted by biological clock.

Make una continue to dy make yanga for men who are serious and ready to settle down.... dy waste our money while looking for next man money.

Las las na una body clock go bring una to reality.

1 Like

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by adeniyi65(m): 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2021
McOluOmo:
Noted

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Kindly let us know when you acquire one.

1 Like

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Marpol2021(m): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2021
First time wey u talk better thing, mayGod help us.
JovialJune:
Right, there should also be an extensive awareness of male infertility like low sperm count and the rest, the rate at which men consume drugs and alcohol with reckless lifestyle which affect their fertility is worrisome, they don't know this, they ignorantly marry their wives and assume only women have this problem. A doctor friend told me of infertility cases caused by men, who refuses to tell their spouse, they prefer the blame to be heaped on her, God help us.
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Opexzy: 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
tonyson010:

Can U back up what u said with research articles??
Hormonal imbalance and inflammation are often the causes of lactation.

Please seek more knowledge. There are articles online.. Just search for it.
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Opexzy: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2021
missidy:
Your ignorance is alarming, in your mind you have succeeded in bashing ladies. Those are not symptoms of early menopause, rather they are symptoms of PCOS.

Kpele anuty wey sabi... Seek more knowledge please.
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by efavour: 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
FalseProphet1:
This is human report, with fervent prayers you can still get pregnant even at 80.

This I have seen.
I don't know what to believe anymore. A 49 years old friend just called me that she is 4months pregnant and she is frantic. She confessed to me that she will be 50 in 3 months time although she doesn't look it.I sha referred her to planned parenthood cos this one pass me. I was more curious how that happened at her age without any reproductiive assistant. She has finished having kids although a little bush and ignorant as recent African immigrant. Her first is about 20 sef .On the other hand an early thirties friend of mine just called for some fertility vitamins I said I would recommend to her.she has been trying for few years now and nothing. She already has a child some years back. None of the two ladies feel lucky oh, both know each other but don't know their opposite problems . The way things works in this life sometimes confuses the hell outa me. Anyways sha. I'm praying for my early thirties friend. May God convert the other ladies unwanted joy to her own. I have been planning her baby shower in my head for sometimes now. I like that kind of party. I'm also waiting for my twins, preferably boys twins lol. �. God na prayers be this oh.

2 Likes

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Angeldemon: 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
JovialJune:

Mens sexual dysfunction problems can be solved and easily except they castrate themselve but womens sexual problems once reached are permanent. Stop comparing men with women.
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by seanjy4konji: 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
Wahala for person weh marry self for this lagos,collect prenancy no do DNA test...

We plenty weh deh pour am for your wife insa so no deh think say you wise...

Girl weh never flush dem womb self no reach 50 k for lagos....
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by AutoChick4U(f): 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
Jman06:
Nonsense and shooting blank! Those men are simply shooting into bottomless pits.
No matter a man's age, give him a lass in the age range of 16-20 and see him impregnate her so easily, just one round of inter course is enough.
This is one of the reasons the northern Nigeria is more populated than the south. They marry out their daughters early at the times they're still booming fertility wise.
Mr man Gonorrhea, Chlamydia destroy male fertility. Kindly never mention me if you cannot comprehend and state ur discuss like an intellectual pls. You can as well do some research rather than wallow in ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2021
Opexzy:
Human anatomy is being affected in this our generation... And some women even find it difficult to concieve at prime age.
If you are a lady and your menstrual cycle is irregular at young age, your breast secretes milk even when you are not pregnant. It might be a sign of early menopause..

So many ladies are walking around ignorantly with symptoms that points to early sign of menopause today but they are more interested in getting iPhone 13, the next wig and bags. These type of ladies are the ones that will give that innocent man sleepless night because of their negligence.

[s]If I hear wedding from your mouth when you never get belle.[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Jman06(m): 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Mr man Gonorrhea, Chlamydia destroy male fertility. Kindly never mention me if you cannot comprehend and state ur discuss like an intellectual pls. You can as well do some research rather than wallow in ignorance.
Gonorrhea that is very easy to decimate these days with a variety of antibiotics in circulation. In fact you rarely see people having gonorrhea now a days sef. Even chlamydia is asymptomatic in most cases and where symptoms occur, a regimen of a good antibiotics would cure the infection. Are you even aware that more women than men are more susceptible to STIs and as such have greater risk of infertility due to STIs? Agreed that men are sometimes the culprits in infertility, but the number of men with such problems is often exaggerated by women to save face. You ladies are always looking for every means to blame the men for cases of infertility among couples. That was how my uncle's ex wife was busy blackmailing him and blaming him for their inability to bear children until they parted ways. Now, the man is happily married with children while the yeye lady is still there.
Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by passionberry(f): 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2021
JovialJune:
Louder .many men are out there causing havoc for ladies ..putting the blame on ladies wereas they have their own skeleton inside the cupboard

2 Likes

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by passionberry(f): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2021
ofiko123:
Can anyone really get pregnant at age 40..
yes ..a woman I know conceive at the age of 42 ,she has two boys now

1 Like

Re: Your Chances Of Pregnancy At 40 And Above by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 03, 2021
Icumsa45:
Abeg no discourage me, the woman I am in love with is presently 31.

Lol. My mum gave birth to my sister at 40. And she had more sense than the other kids. She is also the best human on earth. No manual to these things. Just eat healthy and your fertility will be at its peak.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? / What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? / Francis Megwa, Nigerian Doctor Who Knew ‘Near Nothing’ Faces Panel In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.