Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,516 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed (35700 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by NEODON(m): 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
Katier00:
You earn 60k to 80k and you were able to save 400k in less than a year. What's the secret bro? Don't leave your parents house just yet. Save up to 1m and buy a low cost land since you are not good in doing business. When it appreciates a little, sell and buy two more .Stay there sef till you wan marry. Be focus, you are not far from being successful
. Very truthful and viable advice and submission..how is the hotel opening coming smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by AntiMCU: 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2019
NkemChukwudi:

The had you by choice or by accident. There is a reason some countries are richer than the others. Most Nigerians were born as a result of sex interaction and not based on family planning or purpose. Hope you won't do the same, having accidental instead of planned children.

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by osazsky(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2019
Adinije:
Op, don't move out until you save up to 1.5-2million naira.
Make it your goal for now, and you will be amaze at how soon you will raise it.

Invest the 2million in Teasury bills (with any bank of your choice)
You will be getting at least 100k interest yearly. You will then use the yearly interest for rent while your capital remains untouched.
from this ur 1.5m ,that will b 5 years time

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Adinije(f): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
osazsky:
from this ur 1.5m ,that will b 5 years time
If it too him few months to raise 400k, 1.5m shouldn't take up to 2years. And if he makes it a goal, he will start avoiding impulse buying and unnecessary spending.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by moorevic(m): 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
Stay at your parents place and build your future, ignore your friends taunting.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Katier00(f): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
NEODON:
. Very truthful and viable advice and submission..how is the hotel opening coming smiley
October by His grace. Thanks for your concern
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Katier00(f): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
Stricklybidness:

Business woman...
Naso o
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
AntiMCU:

Did you consider their background.
Again still using another person's life as a standard.
We are all unique bro
Okay Sir. Your point is noted.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by adontcare(f): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
Please still live with parents and save. God bless u
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by XavierD(f): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2019

The fact that you don't know which one to do shows you not matured enough

Maturity doesn't ask questions, maturity knows when to stay or when to leave.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by ediko5(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
XavierD:

The fact that you don't know which one to do shows you not matured enough

Maturity doesn't ask questions, maturity knows when to stay or when to leave.

Don't be silly.
If you have nothing positive to contribute, don't post obnoxious comments just for commenting sake
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by olilanya: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
sircrabo:

I see a lot of people telling you to remain in your parents house for reasons that seems good. Thats their opinion. Life is a journey Bro. we crawl, then we stand, then we walk and then we run. The earlier a child starts the process of his/her own, the faster he will start moving on his own.
It will be abnormal when your mates are standing and you are still crawling. When they begin to walk you are still crawling. When they begin to run, you are still crawling. When they are preparing to write common entrance, then you take your first step. Its abnormal. The earlier you live your comfort zone, the better for you. In life there must be a time we take our eyes off the comfort of our parents house and start our own journey. Man-up. Take a decision to survive on your own no matter what. I moved out from my parents house late and it affected me negatively. I was relaxed while my mates were renting their apartments. Then they started marrying. Some now have kids. I was always thinking "there is still time, after all i am comfortable here, no need paying another rent in same city with them...." I am in my thirties now and just about getting an apartment. They warned me but i wouldn't listen, now i understand better. I started having issues with mom when she tried living my life for me, even though her plans weren't working for me, she tried to force it down my throat. At the end i left grudgingly and it affected our relationship but i don't care anymore. Leave peacefully while you can. Embark on your journey now so you can get to your destination on time
. Best advice I have read on here for the OP

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by blazepascal(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
Ignore anybody that advices you to leave your father house. it's better if you remain in your father's house and save the remaining money,maybe you could save up to 1million, then you can now find your way out. You are a very lucky dude indeed 400,000k is a fairly huge amount of money, Some persons here advising you are wishing they could have that amount of money.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by blazepascal(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
olilanya:
very wrong of you everybody destiny are not the same , staying in your father house is just a disguise to your race to riches, if he saves the money to 1million then he can go 400000 k wont cover almost all of his expenses, if he leaves his father househe might regret it later.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by blazepascal(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
olilanya:
very wrong of you everybody destiny are not the same , staying in your father house is just a disguise to your race to riches, if he saves the money to 1million then he can go , 400000 k wont cover almost all of his expenses, if he leaves his father househe might regret it later.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by GoldPencil: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
in all this thing, nobody has asked op where he will get 2nd years rent from. yes you move out now and furnish lol with 400k (God knows how long it took you to save that on a 60k salary.) Where's next years rent going to come from? assuming you find a squirrel hole for 150k. Bear in mind that in the month, u need to pay bills and transport and food and data, minimum. If it's about babes, if you cant get babe to lash anywhere you wish now, things aren't necessarily going to change when you're alone except na inmessage things. Friends will laugh even more when u r broke and meet them. Your choice tho. Be smart.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by GoldPencil: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2019
them dey say move out to see life/ think well/ understand things. this just tells me that as u dey so in the house already, u no get freedom. these think well whatever and living at home are not mutually exclusive. it's like saying you have to travel to another state to drink water. people are looking for the advantage of having who will cover rent for them so they can buy btc and sell for bastard profit 1 or 2 yrs down the line. but like I said. all your choice bruh. My answer for you is find the balance between the two, because both sides have valid arguments.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by partnerbizz5(f): 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2019
GoldPencil:
them dey say move out to see life/ think well/ understand things. this just tells me that as u dey so in the house already, u no get freedom. these think well whatever and living at home are not mutually exclusive. it's like saying you have to travel to another state to drink water. people are looking for the advantage of having who will cover rent for them so they can buy btc and sell for bastard profit 1 or 2 yrs down the line. but like I said. all your choice bruh. My answer for you is find the balance between the two, because both sides have valid arguments.
Which btc again oga? I thought it had fallen badly.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by osazsky(m): 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2019
GoldPencil:
in all this thing, nobody has asked op where he will get 2nd years rent from. yes you move out now and furnish lol with 400k (God knows how long it took you to save that on a 60k salary.) Where's next years rent going to come from? assuming you find a squirrel hole for 150k. Bear in mind that in the month, u need to pay bills and transport and food and data, minimum. If it's about babes, if you cant get babe to lash anywhere you wish now, things aren't necessarily going to change when you're alone except na inmessage things. Friends will laugh even more when u r broke and meet them. Your choice tho. Be smart.
is rent everyday?,some one save 400k within months and u are talking of next years rent of 80k,u save more when u are on ur own cuz u will have time to focus,so people leaving in rented apartment dont have savings, how many mouth is he feeding,,,,instead of u to advice him to leave and b buying properties in his apt little by little before marriage, after marriage expenses, I go see were he go for see 800k take furnish house once,I go see the girl way go follow am stay empty house,I know after marriage u will still advice him to remain in his father house and b building his personal house,Nigerians are funny, he is 28 and old enough to take care of himself

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Mrjuice: 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
jay7:

Please I will like to know the side huzzle you add to make you spend above all Nysc has in stock for you because with your analysis 19800*12=237600. State Allowance of 5k =60k for 12 months which know state pays more than 10 or 11 months, so 237600+60000=297,600. From what you have now 70,000 laptop plus 40,000 you send to your friend =110,000 plus the 180,000 you have it will be 290,000, mind you I know you haven't been paid the last 41,100 and I have already included it in my calculations. So tell me don't you eat, buy things throughout your service year?

My side huzzle is within..

I am serving in a small secured village with good road network, I don't pay rent & I don't board bike coz it is a small village

Before I went for Nysc I have already made up my mind to save 10k each month + 55k state allawee ( state allawee is 11months).

When I got posted to my ppa I got along well with the old corpers who told how they operate..
School is understaffed & I held my ground that I will only take one class(ss1, physics) which the principal reluctantly agreed.

Side Huzzle?
I am earning 10k each from 2 ghosting npower teachers , started since November to this month

Feeding?
I buy food in bulk that will last me for the full month...(sometimes it will take me to the 2nd week of the following month)

Beans: 1 & half custard bucket = 1500
Rice: 1 bucket = 1500
Garri: 4 bucket =2000
other things = 200
2bags of sachet water for a week =220
I cut my hair 2x in a month = 500
Cash at hand for each month =4k
Filling of 5kg gas =1750( I fill once in 2 months)
Data sub= 12k

Don't forget I was paid 26k as an inec adhoc staff during the general election

Abeg I don tire to type

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by GoldPencil: 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
partnerbizz5:

Which btc again oga? I thought it had fallen badly.

keep up with the news.
https://www-coindesk-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-nears-12k-after-rising-500-in-minutes?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.coindesk.com%2Fbitcoin-price-nears-12k-after-rising-500-in-minutes
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by GoldPencil: 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
osazsky:
is rent everyday?,some one save 400k within months and u are talking of next years rent of 80k,u save more when u are on ur own cuz u will have time to focus,so people leaving in rented apartment dont have savings, how many mouth is he feeding,,,,instead of u to advice him to leave and b buying properties in his apt little by little before marriage, after marriage expenses, I go see were he go for see 800k take furnish house once,I go see the girl way go follow am stay empty house,I know after marriage u will still advice him to remain in his father house and b building his personal house,Nigerians are funny, he is 28 and old enough to take care of himself

well no need to argue. you ask am whether na 80k house e wan move out to? I wonder the kind house e be. To be a man is to suffer but suffer dey of different levels. goodluck with that.

they have savings. how much tho? one should have a view to living this one life well. not living sadly. poverty mindset is unhealthy. even if you dont have, you strive for the best. shoot for the moon so you land on stars if you fail.

My guy, nobody said he shouldnt leave. what's being said is that money is too small to leave. the smart thing is to develop side income while at home to the point that it's big enough to leave comfortably. Freelancers are chopping money online and keeping some to get land and build. in the meantime mama thank you is helping. the only foolish person is he or she that is not making use of the no rent life. unless u want to continue the rat race, u will need to help yourself by avoiding as many unnecessary costs as possible in the beginning. Let's stop glorifying unnecessary sufferhead in the name of manhood.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by MILITO12345(m): 4:50am On Jul 13, 2019
Hullabaloon:

I'm targeting a self-con of 100 to 120 per year... Not more than that.

where in Anambara? I'm looking out for the same too presently
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by jay7(m): 4:53am On Jul 13, 2019
Mrjuice:

My side huzzle is within..

I am serving in a small secured village with good road network, I don't pay rent & I don't board bike coz it is a small village

Before I went for Nysc I have already made up my mind to save 10k each month + 55k state allawee ( state allawee is 11months).

When I got posted to my ppa I got along well with the old corpers who told how they operate..
School is understaffed & I held my ground that I will only take one class(ss1, physics) which the principal reluctantly agreed.

Side Huzzle?
I am earning 10k each from 2 ghosting npower teachers , started since November to this month

Feeding?
I buy food in bulk that will last me for the full month...(sometimes it will take me to the 2nd week of the following month)

Beans: 1 & half custard bucket = 1500
Rice: 1 bucket = 1500
Garri: 4 bucket =2000
other things = 200
2bags of sachet water for a week =220
I cut my hair 2x in a month = 500
Cash at hand for each month =4k
Filling of 5kg gas =1750( I fill once in 2 months)
Data sub= 12k

Don't forget I was paid 26k as an inec adhoc staff during the general election

Abeg I don tire to type

Thanks for explaining, it will definitely help others because mere looking at the initial post, I know it's impossible without side huzzle.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by jay7(m): 5:29am On Jul 13, 2019
Everyone who has contributed really tried, I will like to say this there is know single rule to living a fulfilled life, what works for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B under the same environment and under the same condition. @ OP you should know what will work for you,.some people are saying one can stay back and build one's house well it's good but is it the 120k per year rent is going to build with within a year?? Even if you pay 150k per year for rent it would take 10 years to save 1.5million and is it 1.5million one will build with? Or will someone who is 28 years old wait for longer years just to build his own house before moving out? Am saying this because whether you stay on your own or with your parent, your earning or side huzzle will go along way to help build your own apartment and both ways you will still spend each month. And again building one own personal house is good but personally to me building is majorly for retirement, I saw the stress people go through to build there own apartment all in the name of not wanting to pay yearly rent only to subject themselves to more stress, imagine someone working in Lagos and building in Mowe, such person will have to go through traffic stress almost everyday, why not rent the Mowe house out and use the money to rent a house close to your place of work. I know people will call for my head on this but I want us to know that building ones personal house doesn't stop one from been a tenant elsewhere. Like I said earlier what works for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B, just live your life and make sure you plan ahead, work and pray towards it, don't use someone's else life to judge your own. If your peers become successful at 25 years rejoice with them and wait for your own time. Don't rush and don't see yourself as a failure. Before you go into any business please take out your time to learn about it very well and do a business that taking stock will be very easy. I wish you all the best OP.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by GoldPencil: 6:35am On Jul 13, 2019
jay7:
Everyone who has contributed really tried, I will like to say this there is know single rule to living a fulfilled life, what works for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B under the same environment and under the same condition. @ OP you should know what will work for you,.some people are saying one can stay back and build one's house well it's good but is it the 120k per year rent is going to build with within a year?? Even if you pay 150k per year for rent it would take 10 years to save 1.5million and is it 1.5million one will build with? Or will someone who is 28 years old wait for longer years just to build his own house before moving out? Am saying this because whether you stay on your own or with your parent, your earning or side huzzle will go along way to help build your own apartment and both ways you will still spend each month. And again building one own personal house is good but personally to me building is majorly for retirement, I saw the stress people go through to build there own apartment all in the name of not wanting to pay yearly rent only to subject themselves to more stress, imagine someone working in Lagos and building in Mowe, such person will have to go through traffic stress almost everyday, why not rent the Mowe house out and use the money to rent a house close to your place of work. I know people will call for my head on this but I want us to know that building ones personal house doesn't stop one from been a tenant elsewhere. Like I said earlier what works for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B, just live your life and make sure you plan ahead, work and pray towards it, don't use someone's else life to judge your own. If your peers become successful at 25 years rejoice with them and wait for your own time. Don't rush and don't see yourself as a failure. Before you go into any business please take out your time to learn about it very well and do a business that taking stock will be very easy. I wish you all the best OP.
Well said. I want to point out one thing though. he is not staying back to build house with 150k or 1.5m total though. He is staying back to build the thing he will need to get income to build house comfortably, which is multiple streams of income/ side businesses.You dont get rich by saving, you do so by investing wisely, which is a catch-22 because you need to save to have money to invest but moving on.... What is one of the reasons ppl cry about starting biz? there is no capital. they say bank wont give them, church wont give them, parents barely have enough and ur savings cant even fund advertising. Then you now add the burden of rent again... you will find it difficult to start what will give you the real freedom, financial freedom. On a personal note i always had it in mind that what will happen if my ppl drop dead today? and you have vulture family members coming to fight for wetin no be their own. That mindset spurred me to live as if I have moved out already and hustle even while at home, and it paid off. So for me it's all abt mindset. Anyways, to parrot what you've said, op with all this wealth of perspectives should now be able to know what will work best for him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by GoldPencil: 7:15am On Jul 13, 2019
ediko5:

Very intelligent my dear.

Don't mind those who feel they've experience life by renting a dungeon with a bed, 32" flat screen with GOTV, gas cooker
lol at dungeon. facts only. the way life will hit you so fast eh, when you will be seeing that GOTV neverending "go and recharge" videos. you go de wonder where u been de rush go. grin the only people who should be in any sort of panic rush because of age is women... even that one sef ... lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice / Nairalanders Please Help, My First Son Is Behaving Somehow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.