Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed (35061 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by osazsky(m): 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lush100:

Sir, u reached that time very early in life.
The hunger is there, the determination is there, the will is there, so u will leave.
The op has not reached that point.
He is busy " rushing" his wardrope.
Sir, if u ir anyone have the vision,
To leave is hard but to stay is harder.
400k will only make u good money if u already have a skill (at experience level).
Op has not gotten to that point. The job has no "security" , then he should leave. That's more dangerous.
He should go and get vision first.
Then he will know when to leave
true talk but I still believe that the price of greatness is responsibility
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Stricklybidness(m): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
Rockers4l:
My broda I advice you to leave ur parents place and find an apartment you can afford, I am from anambra(onitsha to be precise) with the same age bracket and I was faced with this kind of predicament. The truth is u can survive leaving alone but fear of not being able to pay for rent is what is drawing u back from taking a bolder step. Staying alone will give u more clarity and determination to push forward, knowing that u have a bill to pay makes u to dare for more. Don't give in to this fear. Nothing grows in ur comfort zone
Nwannem nalie, find ur apartment and u have peace of mind. Parents can frustrate person well well
I dont think his parent are frustrating him in any way...but nice write up...ekulu eziokwu...muwa no na abuja na acho olu.......nothing beat bin independent...it give you more clearity...
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by sircrabo: 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hullabaloon:
Guys I need advice on what to do at this point in my life.

Got a job, in my state, place of work not far from parent's house (rented flat).

I've managed to save up to 400k so far, I've always longed to move away from my parent's house and get my own place, but they'd always kick against it, citing that there's no need for that since work is close to home. Left for them, they'd like me to stay till I plan for marriage whenever that will be; Lol, parents sha.

I'm already 28 years old, so I think it's time.

My colleagues already yab me anytime they get the opportunity, they love reminding me that I still dey chop mama thank you.

Problem is, the job security at my place of work is not that encouraging. I have older colleagues who have been in the company for 8 to 15 years, I've also, within my short period (less than a year now) seen about 5 workers sacked, it's a place where any thing can happen at any time.

So, should I invest this 400k in renting and furnishing an apartment with the constant uncertainty hovering over the job,and no side income yet, or should I continue staying with my parents while I invest the money in a side business which I don't know how it'll fare...

Now, frankly speaking, I'm not cut out for business, it's not my forte at all, so starting any at all comes with great risk but I still feel the need for another source of income.

On the flip side, Staying with my parents is not even as economical as most would think. Ever since I got the job, parents no dey gree say them get money again. All the bills are on me.

I'm just confused.

Salary fluctuates between 60 to 80k

I see a lot of people telling you to remain in your parents house for reasons that seems good. Thats their opinion. Life is a journey Bro. we crawl, then we stand, then we walk and then we run. The earlier a child starts the process of his/her own, the faster he will start moving on his own.
It will be abnormal when your mates are standing and you are still crawling. When they begin to walk you are still crawling. When they begin to run, you are still crawling. When they are preparing to write common entrance, then you take your first step. Its abnormal. The earlier you live your comfort zone, the better for you. In life there must be a time we take our eyes off the comfort of our parents house and start our own journey. Man-up. Take a decision to survive on your own no matter what. I moved out from my parents house late and it affected me negatively. I was relaxed while my mates were renting their apartments. Then they started marrying. Some now have kids. I was always thinking "there is still time, after all i am comfortable here, no need paying another rent in same city with them...." I am in my thirties now and just about getting an apartment. They warned me but i wouldn't listen, now i understand better. I started having issues with mom when she tried living my life for me, even though her plans weren't working for me, she tried to force it down my throat. At the end i left grudgingly and it affected our relationship but i don't care anymore. Leave peacefully while you can. Embark on your journey now so you can get to your destination on time

13 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
ladiesreject:
I will look at this from another angle

If I were you, I will move out! I will not move out because my friends want me to, I will move out because I need to know what it means to pay my bills.

You're with your family, you will never know what life truly is. You wake up in the morning, water to bath is there, food to eat is there, etc. Tell me, how will you understand responsibility?

You said you still contribute in the upkeep of the house but still.... When you move and start staying alone, you know that your next meal is not guaranteed, your next house rent is also not guaranteed in fact, you need to work harder. A man ought to have such experiences before settling down. How will you get it?

So, you will remain with your parents till when you want to marry? And when is that?

Bros, move out! When you do, know that every dime you spend has good or bad consequences.

Some people are saying what if you move out and then you lose your job? Actually, that's when you get to discover some of your money making abilities. Ok, what if after getting married you lose your job? Will you go back to your father's house? You said business is not your thing, yes, I understand. But like they say, necessity is the mother of invention.
You said you neither drink, smoke, nor womanise. So what is your fear?

Sha, it's your call to make

Does he need to move out to understand that? Not all life lessons require experience to grasp.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by ediko5(m): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2019
osazsky:
Thnk God I left my parents house at 23 ,,,,even without a job,,,,,I know what I have become now,,,if u are not challenged and faced with strong situations d truth is dat u cant succeed,when u are with ur parents, u are still been pampered, with nothing to think abt,this can change ur natural make up, , they may pamper u to remain o,but before u know u are 32 and u are still there, God forbid it for u though, just follow ur heart dear

The fact that you left your parent house at 23 doesn't make others who are 30 and still living with their parent lazy.

There are some factors that determine early exit from parent house:

1. Poor family background: [/b]When you parent is poor, you're likely to leave the house and sometimes engage in illegal activities for income without them stopping you. I know of a man in my former area, whose daughters are early twenties are a known prostitutes in the streets and their parents can't caaution them because if what they bring back.

Imagine your parent live in a batcher or a face-me apartment, you can't compare yourself to a child who probably has a one to two room of his own in his parent's house.

[b]2. Your level of relationship with your parent
: People from polygamous or broken homes usually falls into this category.
They don't know what parental love and relationship is all about and moreover, the family house is most time he'll for them like staying with step mother, step father.

They're some parents that are not caring at all. So don't get angry at the ones who has caring parents.

I finished my nysc in 2016, I did not get a good job until last year September and my parents were still giving me good amount of money to take care of myself and also use it to your the labour market, my parents aren't rich but the care for me was out of their love for me.

Some children can't dare approach their parent for 500 Naira after their graduation not because the parent don't have but the love isn't there.

I can still go on... But I ain't enjoy much typing

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by ediko5(m): 12:03am On Jul 12, 2019
culturedboss:

Its not children's fault that adults can not and do not want to sort things out among themselves...So why bring ur myopic reasoning into this?!.
What makes u feel u have a better say here coz ur parents can get along beats my imagination.
Pls,next time if u have nothing better to add just STFU...U just disgust me for undermining people from broken homes.

Another product of a polygamous and barrack broken home spotted.

You think being a man is all about renting a self-contained apartment with bed, television and GoTV?

If a little comma, happen for your work, you start running up and down for feeding and pack to squat with a friend?

Most of you shouting are co-habitors, stay 2-3 in one room apartment.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by kcbaba007: 12:17am On Jul 12, 2019
Don't move out yet, look for profitable ventures to invest in, salary job no be work, no be u get d company, anytime u can be asked to leave, if u rent house and God forbid they ask u to leave, that will be more problem for dead body and d owner. my candid advice is to look for investments that will give u passive income, that is secured, that will not take most of ur time, that u can monitor, that u can use to grow. u can invest in bonds, not shares, u can talk to ur bank on investment opportunities and portfolios, u can learn something about farming, pls learn it 1st before putting ur money into it, weigh d risks of any venture before going into it if it's worth it. Don't do mmm or loom or anything like that that promises money doubling for u. Pray for God's wisdom and guidance in making ur decisions. be prudent in ur spendings. think of real estate too when the time is ripe for it. as i dey advice u, i dey advice myself too.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Lush100(m): 12:21am On Jul 12, 2019
ediko5:

You think being a man is all about renting a self-contained apartment with bed, television and GoTV?

If a little comma, happen for your work, you start running up and down for feeding and pack to squat with a friend?

Easy sir,
Let it go

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 12:23am On Jul 12, 2019
I remember when I started working in one company and my house was so far that I couldn't go home everyday...I was provided with an accomodation inside the company with rules of not inviting friends and women. Bro I ate only canteen food and the whole of my salary was not even touched for months. Within months I've achieved alot. Just stay put and do ur plan all alone and research abt businesses and all
Hullabaloon:

The secret is quite simple: I don't drink, I don't smoke, ain't got no girlfriend. Don't need one now.

So, the only expenses I make are feeding, T fare, and helping parents with cash when food stuff and other utilities run low at home.

I would have even saved more if not that I provided half of the rent where we currently stay, bought a new laptop and a new phone when I lost the previous one I had, and of course, upgraded my wardrobe cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by MYHUBBY: 12:29am On Jul 12, 2019
loan me that Money and lemme pay you 10% of it every month till the 4th month I'll be returning it with the fixed capital and interest. I'm ready for police and court involvement
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 12, 2019
ediko5:

I guess u're one of those 30 still living with Parents...If your next birthday isn't ur most depressing birthday.
Lets give it up for u then,
The Product of a monogamous Home and G.R.A
Solid Home.
The stories will differ depending on who tells them from the other side.
Gudnite bro.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by jonnathaniheme: 12:56am On Jul 12, 2019
nothing just concern me

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Xeexeex: 1:04am On Jul 12, 2019
Hullabaloon:

Got a job, in my state, place of work not far from parent's house (rented flat).

I've managed to save up to 400k so far, I've always longed to move away from my parent's house and get my own place, but they'd always kick against it, citing that there's no need for that since work is close to home. Left for them, they'd like me to stay till I plan for marriage whenever that will be; Lol, parents sha.

My colleagues already yab me anytime they get the opportunity, they love reminding me that I still dey chop mama thank you.

Problem is, the job security at my place of work is not that encouraging. I have older colleagues who have been in the company for 8 to 15 years, I've also, within my short period (less than a year now) seen about 5 workers sacked, it's a place where any thing can happen at any time.

So, should I invest this 400k in renting and furnishing an apartment with the constant uncertainty hovering over the job,and no side income yet, or should I continue staying with my parents while I invest the money in a side business which I don't know how it'll fare...

Now, frankly speaking, I'm not cut out for business, it's not my forte at all, so starting any at all comes with great risk but I still feel the need for another source of income.

On the flip side, Staying with my parents is not even as economical as most would think. Ever since I got the job, parents no dey gree say them get money again. All the bills are on me.

I'm just confused.

Oga I'll advise you to buy land. Stay with your parents meanwhile. If something happens and you lose the job the price of the land would have appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by bluebay(m): 1:15am On Jul 12, 2019
Lemme give you a story about myself .. When I graduated, I went back home and I go a little job and living in my parents house . My dad owns the compound
And we gat 4 flats with tenants. I stayed with them for almost a year and one day, I decided to rent an apartment and I never told them before I did. On breaking the news to them, they were surprised and mad at me especially my mom saying am too young to live alone and she’s sure I’ve been influenced by my girlfriend . My dad wasn’t happy for he said he would have vacated a tenant and I move in . My siblings were not happy with me also thinking my girl influenced me . There was this Bros who have graduated long before I did which I told before I actually paid for the apartment . This bros discouraged me from getting my apartment by using himself as an example that he owns a business he’s managing and living with his family..
To cut the story short, I Moved out of my fathers 5 bedroom flat to a bed sitter apartment in another Town. Less than year, I moved into 2 bedroom apartment and am doing well. My younger brother eventually left the house and stayed with me for months and now, he’s living in a Self contain apartment and Guess what, the Bro’s who advices me to stay back and run a business , he’s still living with his parents and his business have closed down.

My point is the moment you start living alone, your sense of reasoning will change automatically and my brother if you don’t work, you won’t it. That was what made me what I am now and my mother loves visiting me every weekend now .

8 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by NiggasInParis: 1:26am On Jul 12, 2019
Hullabaloon:

As for expenses, I'm frugal with expenses. I don't drink, don't smoke, ain't a womanizer.

Thanks for your input.

No wonder. You are able to have saved 400k from a 60k-80k salary

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by ogbonti: 1:30am On Jul 12, 2019
Hullabaloon:

I'm just confused.

stay there until income improves.... why? since u could save 400k there, you can save 1 million there. if you move out your parents will still need you to support them and money will become tight, and God forbid you lose your job in a few months, they wont remember the years you helped them, but they will remember the few months you didnt because you moved out, move out when you are married, hopefully to someone who is an asset not a liability. your friends laughing at you may be envious you have parents who are sheltering you from the vagaries of mother nature. be careful - never run your life on other's opinion
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by arrestdarrester: 1:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Hullabaloon:

I'm just confused.

There is nothing wrong with paying the bills if you're staying at your parent's. But why should you at 28?

If you're ready to live a modest life please go ahead and leave their cocoon. In no time a family challenge would be created to place demand on that your 400k savings.

Also note that rent is not investment. If you're scared of business, research around treasury bills and put your hard earned money there.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Abudu2000(m): 2:29am On Jul 12, 2019
Well I really don't know what to advise but go through the profiles of those advising and follow those who have been on nairaland for long, leave out the ladies advice, it won't help lol and finally struck out any advice you perceive to come from any kid below 22 grin
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Katier00(f): 3:11am On Jul 12, 2019
[quote author=Stricklybidness post=80177901][/quote]this is 2019 o, girlfriend no dey rain again o. The only language I understand is how to make money
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Katier00(f): 3:15am On Jul 12, 2019
Galaticos444:
read his earlier post(he doesnt womanize,drinks nor smoke) and probably he doesnt put on xpensive clothes and accessories.in conclusion op is living a boring life
lol. Take it from me, the op is financially disciplined. Annual salary is 960k but in less than a year, he saved 400k after buying a lappy, phone and paying part of their family rent. The guy too much abeg

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by pleroma: 3:16am On Jul 12, 2019
culturedboss:
Don't let any thing deceive u..u can start now and grow on ur own...Those telling u to Save more..Ask them how much have they saved?!My guy if u die today wetin u gain?!All those talking abt u Staying and contributing to the upkeep of the house,missed it...its better u're on ur own then send money to them when u can since they ain't the bothering type.
Ur parents are nice but don't let it fool u...The time must come when Obi has to be a Man.
I was like u at 26yrs after my youth service...It wasn't funny,Urs are nice coz my own parents branded me a Lazy man...I would go downstairs to check whats cooking just sighting me in the kitchen my mum would ask if i kept anything in the ppot?My Dad would quarrel with me for bringing friends around...it went on and on for good 2yrs,at some point i would sleep at friends or relatives.Just to have that peace of mind...Couldn't even bring some male friends to the house talk less of babe.
When i finally got a Job,i didn't wait til i had up to 400k like u...I rented a self-cont,bought a mattress and slept there in and some times at my parents til it was fully furnished and comfortable...Today,I visit my parents when i want and they beg for me to pass the night at theirs,Its been a decade tho..To cut the long story short.
My guy nothing is certain in this Life...U have to take the bull by the horn...It can only get better...Let no one chose for u...Its ur call...For ur info i started as a contract staff with 98k per month with a company that was even threatening to leave naija the following Year...Thats to say the Job was not stable but that was just what i needed to be a man of my own.
Like someone said:
On ur own u make mistakes and learn especially with Friends and Women.
Like they say"Its Better late than never but never too late is Better."

Hilarious story. Can’t stop laughing at your mom’s reaction in the kitchen. Reminds me a bit of how my mom used to act sometimes in the kitchen when we were kids and teenagers. Women ehn. Once they are inside the kitchen they feel they own the world o!�

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by franklinotuwa: 3:17am On Jul 12, 2019
Bro i will advice u to stay there n invest then in 4-6 months get ur own place, u won't lose ur job when good things are about to happen confusion comes, The lord is ur strength..
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Bbbwings: 3:36am On Jul 12, 2019
Hullabaloon:

The secret is quite simple: I don't drink, I don't smoke, ain't got no girlfriend. Don't need one now.

So, the only expenses I make are feeding, T fare, and helping parents with cash when food stuff and other utilities run low at home.

I would have even saved more if not that I provided half of the rent where we currently stay, bought a new laptop and a new phone when I lost the previous one I had, and of course, upgraded my wardrobe cheesy
You've done well.
Fine boy like us na women dey rush us
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Bbbwings: 3:42am On Jul 12, 2019
Swargu:
I didn't bother reading people's comment, some may be right or wrong.

Bro please use 300k rent and furnish your apartment first you won't finish everything at once, you have alot to gain.
1. You can carry babes at will.
2. You will have time to read and learn new things.
3. You will have the mind to try out any small business without people or your parents feeling uncomfortable with it, or telling you can't make it.
4. You will go broke sometimes and learn to save better the next month.
5. You will earn respect automatically from colleagues and family...... And babes lol.
6. You will have time to embark on self discovery quests.
Alot of upsides i can't remember all tho...
Trust me if you invest that money you can't successfully make brain or much profit in the business from the comfort of your parents house.

If you are alone you will become more responsible and you will alot of alone time to think and plan ahead knowing that you have to pay bills monthly.
I don't think you've lived alone earning 60k salary...
I did for a year.
And the savings I had went to the next year's rent, with the remainder just 60k
Yearly income 60000×12=720000
(Next years rent a self con= 120000
Money sent to my sibling monthly 8000×12= 96000
Total = 216000)
Amount remaining= 720000- 216000=504000
Savings = 60000.
So the amount I spent in a whole year was
504000- 60000
=444000.

That means I was spending only 444000/12 a month

My brother my body hear am.
I was effectively bankrupt the next year.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by mexbee1(m): 3:55am On Jul 12, 2019
Hullabaloon:

I'm just confused.

Bro I would sincerely advise you move outta ur old Foks house responsibility nd taking care of Ur bills is what makes a man d earlier u know that d better for u as for ur collegues making mockery of u do not take d critism as destructive buh rather constructive to enable u start thinking of being independent its just d way dis country is dats y being 30 as a guy nd still living with mama is not a big deal, if u were living in developed countries like US u would hv being given quit notice by ur parents to vacate thier home buh tnks to d bad Government its nw normal to b over 30 nd still b chopping mama tnk u. Bros tht ur 65k job is not still secured even if u still stay with mum y not brave up nd take a leap of faith by moving out Despice not ya little begining. Move out bro u wld be fine Las Las.Cheers!!!
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by pleroma: 3:59am On Jul 12, 2019
All the pieces of advice from both sides have their merits. I feel you should not move yet. Your posing this question here on nairaland likely indicates that you don’t feel convinced about moving out. So maintain the status quo until you have peace in your soul. After all your parents aren’t chasing you out of the house. Wait a while. Keep applying to other jobs including out of state. You can invest that money in federal government bonds to secure the capital and make a little interest. Don’t even rush to invest in a risky business in this state. Above all keep praying about your life and future in general. When God smiles on you, questions like this wouldn’t even be on your radar. When abundance hits you square in the face, your questions will change overnight. Wait a while my friend. My $.02.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by nuelyoyo(m): 4:18am On Jul 12, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Whats the ROI on government treasury bills?
it changes from time to time, it's the CBN that sets the percentage. It was as high as 17% in 2017, but it has reduced now to about 12% (not sure though).
And the ROI is annually. You can google it to confirm the current percent.

It's actually good for people who are working and have capital saved up without plans of investing it in real business.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by shotuns: 4:21am On Jul 12, 2019
Best thread have read on Nairaland devoid of insult and tribal curses so far. Thanks to the matured minds in the house.
1. @Op, from your submission, I realised you are a well disciplined fellow and this is one good strong attribute for a well trained child, keep it up. If you can save up to that amount in a year and very frugal in your expenses, I believe you can maintain your life as well as that of your parents and moving out earlier won't be a problem. Pray you meet a God fearing woman who will complement your life .
2. Draw 2 different plans, a short term and long term goal. Write them down and deliberate on them each day to determine your next move, even though working private jobs especially aren't secured in Nigeria except the one you established by yourself but prayers can do wonders, don't neglect prayers but work harder and bring new ideas to the table for development.
3.Invest your saved money in properties, like lands, secured land I mean those with genuine papers to avoid omo onile wahala. When it appreciate you can sell and buy from other secured places. I did and it's pays for me.. I bought 3 acres of land each at 400k from my savings while I live in my parents house, also rented apartment and then my job was teaching at a secondary school somewhere in Ogun state with a salary of less than 15k for a college graduate then. My parents were also teachers, you can imagine how low the total salary would be when puts together. I was so closed to my principal then and I borrowed some cash from him to start small business in Agriculture with a friend whose Dad passed but owned 2 plots of lands somewhere,
we grow farm produces and sell after harvest. Here we made more money and re invest while I paid back to my principal installmentally every month.
It is a long story however, detailed situation can't be said in here. I'm going into my late 40s now happily married with 2 children.
3. Like others mentioned, research on a profiting business that gives reasonable profit,i mean those that are sustainable.
4.Continues to save more as you ve been doing untill you are satisfied with your income then you can move at an appropriate age 30 should be fine.. No rush.. You have a timeline in your situation.
Wish you Good luck bro..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by citadels(f): 5:00am On Jul 12, 2019
Remain where you are for now and save wella. Don't be in a rush to move out and live on your own you will spend more than you do now and you may not be able to save much again as you were saving before. And again Bro think of investing don't depend on monthly salary or wage it's a disaster.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 12, 2019
nuelyoyo:
it changes from time to time, it's the CBN that sets the percentage. It was as high as 17% in 2017, but it has reduced now to about 12% (not sure though).
And the ROI is annually. You can google it to confirm the current percent.

It's actually good for people who are working and have capital saved up without plans of investing it in real business.

Ok. It's 13.5% now. Thanks for the info.
Re: Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 12, 2019
Noel1:

That's not important to u, but U sha want to know?
Do u know if I want to transfer my load?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mum Runs Mad Over News Of Death Of Baby She Waited Seven Years To Have / My Wife Demands Money From Me Before Sex – Husband Tells Judge / One Day, He Will Be Told To Choose Between His Girlfriend And Mother (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.