Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67695 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by divineappo(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Burna boy doesn't behave like igbos at all
He behaves like Yorubas,hangs out with Yorubas
U hardly see him speaking Igbo in his music
D guy is technically Yoruba
Do u know how Yorubas have helped his career?
A time on MTV base ,they were asking him where u came from ,so d interviewer said is he from d same region as timaya
If u see d way burna boy changed his face on mtv base
I remembered d program,its called top 10 naija on MTV base, he was asked about his region,he didn't even act like he was from rivers state
Why do u think he hangs out only with Yoruba artiste
Did u forget when he went to Ghana for vacation with wizkid early this year
The guy acts like Yoruba
tribalism dey ur blood, chai, too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Are you OK?

What is my business with where he's from, how does that affect national issue?
I know that guy is not from southsouth, he's just out to make it look like there's fight between igbo n southsouth, that's why I attacked him
How does that affect National issue? Talk about shifting post.
You know that guy is not from South south.....lol
Did he told you that. You are even lazy to use the Google to know more about him.
He is just out to make.....blah blah. Sorry bro but this doesn't sound logical.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by LordTrezy(m): 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
Princedapace:

It is interest and vibes.. Don't say u will only blow when u Re heard by western media. That is rubbish.
Those are not western media, they are all Naija except for MTV Base which also play virtually all Naija hits....
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Chukazu: 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Didn't they teach u English in primary one
Ikpummadu ikpumumu
I said technically
The guy doesn't even associate himself with anything Igbo
His hero is fela
If a Ghanian listens to his songs they would think he is yoruba ,I won't lie,I used to think he was Yoruba
He is just Igbo by tribe
I doubt he even knows any Igbo words than popular Igbo slangs
Lol
u see him calling a whole Igbo tribe that he belongs to Easterners,and u think he considers himself Igbo?
Note: I'm not saying Burna boy is Yoruba
I'm just stating facts

Please maybe am missing something...is Burna boy not a Yoruba ?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nemesis909: 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
hammerF1:

[s]There is Ijoid and Igboid.

These are the mixed group.

Burna Boy is not Ijaw but from an Igboid group.

His last name is Igbo.

Rivers State is largely Igboid.

Whilst Bayelsa is largely Ijoid.

Not everybody in Bayelsa is Ijaw.

Likewise not everybody in Rivers is Igbo.

There are Igboid in Bayelsa and Ijoid in Rivers[/s].

Just because a name sounds like one found in your tribe doesn't make it a derivative.

Like Osigwe which can be found in Auchi and Igboland.

Is there any name similar to Damini in igbo?

What of Ronami?

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

You need updating, she claim her mom's side... go and check
She claim her mum side? Well, I don't argue blindly. Bring the proof from Internet.
Meanwhile, y'all jumping up and down that Burna boy is Igbo while he never claimed that, rather he even used interview to mock you. While can't you allow Burna boy too to claim his mum side as you said Yemi Alade did.
Waiting for the proof sha.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by akinszz: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
ken6488:
smiley

Truth be told I love Yoruba language alot..

My mom can speak Yoruba but I can't embarassed Speak
you can if you relate well with the locals and show interest...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by nengibo: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
RugaTerrorist:

He is a Yoruba, here is his name Full name: Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu.
His mum is Yoruba, his dad is Engenni dats why the name Damini and Ogulu, Nigerian Wazobia tribes are always ignorant of other ppl groups

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Chukazu:

He is Igbo
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Chukazu:

He is pure igbo from Ahoada in Rivers just after Ohaji

Burna Boy, born Damini Ogulu, arrived into the world on July 2, 1991, in Ahoada. He was born to Nigerian parents Mr. and Mrs. Ogulu, who raised him in Ahoada and later moved to Lagos State, where the performer completed his basic education. According to records, Burna Boy attended Montessori International School, from where he moved to Corona, Agbara, Lagos, for his secondary school education.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by YungMillionaire: 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
Danwakae:

Think.before you talk, make.use of your brain.

IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY, IT IS , TURN BY TURN...

It's not by tribe

Bourna Boy said that under the influence of weed(Igbo) and drugs

If u go to bourna boy's village in Rivers, Olumide(Baddosnel) who is a Yoruba is more popular than him...even in the north here people play alot song like

Dem don kill Dem mama...Timiya

Ema dami duro, emi omo baba lowo....Davido

Idris Abdukareem .....Kano

Many more

Infact Nigerians were dancing Awilo without knowing the meaning of his songs.

Give them good beat, Nigerians will dance and like your music

Idris Abdukareem is a Yoruba guy
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by YungMillionaire: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Your head needs checkup, P-Square, flavour, Phyno, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Don Jazzy, the top producers etc are from your village...

Yemi Alade is Yoruba. Don Jazzy is Isoko.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ngwamankillyou(m): 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
Kbabs02:

Ofcos that is why ur Igbo hoes are trying their best to Bleep a Yoruba dick (wizkid)

No sensible Igbo will associate with that idiat, did any of his baby mama igbo? Just shut up... Igbos don't go dirty OK.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Godfullsam(m): 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
nototribalist:

He's from Anambra, he's real name is Okafor Uchenna Victor, popularly known as Mr. Real.

And burna boy which state?

He is from a state in the south south right?

How he suddenly became in igbo on nairaland baffles me undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ngwamankillyou(m): 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Yemi Alade is Yoruba. Don Jazzy is Isoko.

Don jazzy yoruba? You must be high on lizard shiit... Yemi is half half that's why she prefer igbo than her dirty side... If you know you know.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Meliian:

These facts are hurting, pls stop.

You are not in position to tell you how he feels

This is what he approved ....Yoruba always claiming ...well he can use your language to make money of you

Burna Boy, born Damini Ogulu, arrived into the world on July 2, 1991, in Ahoada. He was born to Nigerian parents Mr. and Mrs. Ogulu, who raised him in Ahoada and later moved to Lagos State, where the performer completed his basic education. According to records, Burna Boy attended Montessori International School, from where he moved to Corona, Agbara, Lagos, for his secondary school education.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ngwamankillyou(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
Godfullsam:

What is south south to you, maybe you fail geography... Just face your west, we don't need you.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:

Don jazzy yoruba? You must be high on lizard shiit... Yemi is half half that's why she prefer igbo than her dirty side... If you know you know.

Don't mind them...everybody that speaks Yoruba is Yoruba man

He doesn't know that Don Jazzy is an Igbo from Anioma.and the mum from Umuahia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
[right][/right]
Godfullsam:

So we don't have igbo in South South again....so Ohanézè rivers State is what....retards everywhere

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by LionTiger(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
Idiat! I'm from south-south and Omawumi ( Zengene Queen ),is my crs## and best musician.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Danwakae(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Idris Abdukareem is a Yoruba guy

His mum is a Yoruba and Dad from Kano
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

A time on MTV base ,they were asking him where u came from ,so d interviewer said is he from d same region as timaya
I remembered d program,its called top 10 naija on MTV base, he was asked about his region,he didn't even act like he was from rivers state
The guy acts like Yoruba

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Princedapace(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
LordTrezy:

Those are not western media, they are all Naija except for MTV Base which also play virtually all Naija hits....

The is what I'm telling u. It is interest and vibes bro.

I never knew who naira Marley is until efcc arrested him and I watch these media stations u mentioned a lot.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
Rextizz:
He doesn't act like Igbo, i think he hate associating himself with igbos.

And he love associating with Yoruba

A dog might associate with Wolves doesn't make him a wolve
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by YungMillionaire: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2019
nnokwa042:
thats the worst statement to make by burna boy ,in nigeria no tribe i repeat no tribe can match igbo peoples in appreciating music ,igbo people love good music no matter where the music is from,do you know that shina peters used to perfom in traditional marriages in igbo land then.do you that shina peters sang a full album for morris ibekwe ?do you know that many ghananian musicians were aba and onitsha based back in the lates 70s and 80s?do you know back in the 80s igbo people has been using odoyewu as a nick name i was even thinking then thats is an igbo name ,what of ikwokirikwo music from congo?sotey even fuji musician ayinde wasiu sang for morris ibekwe and izuchukwu transporter dan ubajiaka?burna boy grew up in ibadan with his mum so he did not mingle with igbos just like yemi alade did not mingle with yorubas when she was growing up,

You are right. Burna boy prefers Yoruba culture and people. Just like Yemi Alade prefers Igbo culture and people.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by blackslayer: 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
nototribalist:
Burner boy, we love all musicians davido, Tiwa savage, wizkid Kiss Daniel. All these artist I mentioned above use 90% of pidgin so that even aboki can relate.

For instance, who would have believed that Mr Real is from Anambra. But he sings in 80% Yoruba. People in the east vibes to his melody but don't understand what he's saying.

For instance, people in Enugu will get excited about Davido or Kizz Daniel than Mr. Real.

Just like how Phyno sings in 90% igbo language, his craft won't get people too excited in Ijebu Ode than Enugu.

But all the same I love all Nigerian musicians, and I thank them for making us proud

What you have just done is taken the hammer of fairness, decency and unity and slammed it on the head of division , and stocking of dis-unity which is exactly the point of this article!!!!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Skmoda360(m): 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
RejoiceBoysBlog:

OGULU is an IGBO NAME
Sounds ikwerre...not igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Soso990240(m): 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

The guy acts like Yoruba
See how Burner boy is using his personal opinion to play with ur brain. The show he is talking about was Headlined by a Yoruba Artist (Wizkid). 3 edition of dat Show was headlined by Yoruba Artists( Wizkid, Davido, Wizkid) . Timaya and Duncan mighty came for dat same show, and the crowd went gaga. Are they not from same region as Burna boy? Why would Yoruba Artist Headline d show if we don't love him? Terry G has visited Enugu for shows in 2012 like 4 times (in a year). Burner boy was expecting to move d crowd like Flavour around 2014, while he wasn't as big as flavour dat year. A lot of Nairalanders are sounding unintelligent, and its not cool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by idonhammer: 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
What is the meaning of ogulu in yoruba language?

RugaTerrorist:

He is a Yoruba, here is his name Full name: Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by YungMillionaire: 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:

You can't even read grin grin grin grin
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Skmoda360(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Your head needs checkup, P-Square, flavour, Phyno, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Don Jazzy, the top producers etc are from your village...
Yemi Alade is mixed ooo not igbo, she is from Ondo state...her dad is a Yoruba and mum is igbo and she was born in abia state ok....so check again
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ngwamankillyou(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
YungMillionaire:

You can't even read grin grin grin grin

I don't need an uninformed illiterate to educate me.. By the way I'm not a laughing type.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

More Photos From Davido And Chioma's Introduction / AMVCA: Nkechi Blessing Mocks Her Colleagues Who Borrowed To Look Good For Event / 6 Hottest Female Musicians In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.