Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67697 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerF1: 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nemesis909:

Just because a name sounds like one found in your tribe doesn't make it a derivative.

Like Osigwe which can be found in Auchi and Igboland.

Is there any name similar to Damini in igbo?

What of Ronami?

But Edo use to be Igboland too.

It was the arrival of Ile Ibinu people(Bini) that chased all the aboriginal inhabitant of Edo far east. i.e. Ijaw, Urhobo, Igbo, Esan and Co

Anyway, that is a topic for later.

Aside the Igbo name, he is from Ahaoda.

The people there are Ekpeye. They are Igboid.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:
Please ppl should do something for me
I want u all to go to YouTube and check Yoruba musicians videos,check d views, check d comments
Now on this same YouTube check d Igbo musicians video, check d views,d comments
Then come back here to tell me what u noticed
I'm testing d intelligence of nairalanders here

Well,I'm not surprised by what burna boy said at all
Im not going to say more than that
and what did you notice?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nemesis909: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
hammerF1:

But Edo use to be Igboland too.

It was the arrival of Ile Ibinu that chased all the aboriginal inhabitant of Edo far east.

Anyway, that is a topic for later.

Aside the Igbo name, he is from Ahoada.

The people there are Ekpeye. They are Igboid.

What is the igbo equivalent of Damini?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerF1: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nemesis909:

Are u stupid?

Did u not hear that his mum is Yoruba?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nemesis909: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
hammerF1:

Are u stupid?

Did u not hear that his mum is Yoruba?

Don't be daft.

Damimi is not a yoruba name.

You buttress my point actually by not knowing of the equivalent of this distinct language in your tongue.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Soso990240(m): 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mosh1:

How does that affect National issue? Talk about shifting post.
You know that guy is not from South south.....lol
Did he told you that. You are even lazy to use the Google to know more about him.
He is just out to make.....blah blah. Sorry bro but this doesn't sound logical.
Burna boy is from South south, same as Timaya and Duncan mighty. Its a fact, not an opinion.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerF1: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nemesis909:

Don't be daft.

Damimi is not a yoruba name.

You buttress my point actually by not knowing of the equivalent of this distinct language in your tongue.

Wateva it is, we go with the last name.

The last name are ancestral name.

Some of us dont have tribal first or middle name.

Alot of us even changed our surname to English.

Burna Boy kept his and it is an Igbo name. Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu.

He is from an Igboid group in Rivers State. Case closed.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nemesis909: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
hammerF1:

Wateva it is, we go with the last name.

The last name are ancestral name.

Some of us dont have tribal first or middle name.

Alot of us even changed our surname to English.

Burna Boy kept his and it is an Igbo name.

He is from an Igboif group in Rivers State. Case closed.

Shut up.

You are confused.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerF1: 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nemesis909:

Shut up.

You are confused.

E PAIN AM...

AFONJA ALL THE WAY FROM OYO, COMING TO RIVERS TO CLAIM PEOPLE.

Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nemesis909:

Sometimes you guys ask crazy question ...it is like asking the Anambra man the equivalent of Kanu or Kalu

In ìgbo land region bear unique names....like Kalu is Abia name...you can't see Anambra bear that

Amadi is a name by imo and rivers....you can't see Anambra bear that

Same thing with Damini

Do you know Ahoada...I have been there it's just after Ohaji in Imo dude they speak Igbo big time and their dialect is called Ekpeye...igbo have over 100 dialects

I am tired of lecturing retardssss here

Ekpeye (Ekkpahia, Ekpaffia) is an Igboid language of Rivers State and Bayelsa State, Nigeria.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by IkpuMmadu: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
hammerF1:

E PAIN AM...

AFONJA ALL THE WAY FROM OYO, COMING TO RIVERS TO CLAIM PEOPLE.

Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu.

They are busy doing owo da and they don't have anythg to show only to claim others

LoL
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerF1: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nemesis909:

Shut up.

You are confused.

OYA!

SEE THIS ONE, HIS FIRST NAME IS ROTIMI.

COME AND CLAIM HIM TOO... OLODO!

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RTSC: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mosh1:

She claim her mum side? Well, I don't argue blindly. Bring the proof from Internet.
Meanwhile, y'all jumping up and down that Burna boy is Igbo while he never claimed that, rather he even used interview to mock you. While can't you allow Burna boy too to claim his mum side as you said Yemi Alade did.
Waiting for the proof sha.
How did he mock you?
He thought Igbos only listens to Igbo musicians and was honestly surprised that it was not the case.
So how exactly did he mock you?

So you expect Igbo land, the home of Igbo culture to listen to ngbattii-ngbattii more than phyno and flavour?

You well at all?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerF1: 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

They are busy doing owo da and they don't have anythg to show only to claim others

LoL

They have psychological problem.

U can imagine, all the way from Oyo to claim people in Rivers.

Is dat not madness?

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by fortunechy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
U are now sounding too tribalistic to my liking.... Everybody is talking about Igbo, u want to join them too. I don't why they hate We Igbos so much in this country, yet they won't allow us to go...... They fink there will be something like Nigeria if we go on our own..... Rubbish!!
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RTSC: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
It is the height of stupidity to expect TENI to be more popular than umu obiligbo in anambra.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Soso990240(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
We loved this mumu enough to even invite him for a show. Around 2012/2013 Terry G had more shows than phyno and Flavour in Enugu, and he is not from d East.. its because he was d rave of d moment. Duncan mighty and Timaya Neva missed dat show Burna boy was talking about, all d editions.. its because we love them, and they are from same Region as Burna boy. This boy sounds dumb.. why would he expect himself to move much crowd in same show as Flavour, Duncan mighty, Timaya and Wizkid did (around 2012/2013)?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RTSC: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
Or expecting olamide to be more popular than phyno or even Zoro in Enugu state.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerF1: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
Soso990240:
We loved this mumu enough to even invite him for a show. Around 2012/2013 Terry G had more shows than phyno and Flavour in Enugu, and he is not from d East.. its because he was d rave of d moment. Duncan mighty and Timaya Neva missed dat show Burna boy was talking about, all d editions.. its because we love them, and they are from same Region as Burna boy. This boy sounds dumb.. why would he expect himself to move much crowd in same show as Flavour, Duncan mighty, Timaya and Wizkid did (around 2012/2013)?

Dont mind Burna Boy, the Igbo blood in him has to manifest one way or the other.

He is an Igbo man.

I see his comment has repping the East.

It is a form of mutual recognition not insult.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by fortunechy(m): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
RTSC:

How did he mock you?
He thought Igbos only listens to Igbo musicians and was honestly surprised that it was not the case.
So how exactly did he mock you?

So you expect Igbo land, the home of Igbo culture to listen to ngbattii-ngbattii more than phyno and flavour?

You well at all?
dont mind them..... Everybody is talking about Igbo, he wants to follow suit. I don't know what Igbo did to them in this country yet, they won't allow us to be on our own
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by tosintreasure(m): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
We are all Nigerians , whether you are from west ,east, north or South. One of the things that draws Nigeria backward is ethnicity .
I love Nigerians.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by RTSC: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
fortunechy:
dont mind them..... Everybody is talking about Igbo, he wants to follow suit. I don't know what Igbo did to them in this country yet, they won't allow us to be on our own
They are very stupid people.
We pass them.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by winnah(f): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Didn't they teach u English in primary one
Ikpummadu ikpumumu
I said technically
The guy doesn't even associate himself with anything Igbo
His hero is fela
If a Ghanian listens to his songs they would think he is yoruba ,I won't lie,I used to think he was Yoruba
He is just Igbo by tribe
I doubt he even knows any Igbo words than popular Igbo slangs
u see him calling a whole Igbo tribe that he belongs to Easterners,and u think he considers himself Igbo?
Note: I'm not saying Burna boy is Yoruba
I'm just stating facts

Who said burna boy is from igbo tribe!!! When? Is river stat now igbo.. Or is he not from rivers stat again...
The last time I checked rivers is not in the eastern region..

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by hammerF1: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
winnah:

Who said burna boy is from igbo tribe!!! When? Is river stat now igbo.. Or is he not from rivers stat again...
The last time I checked rivers is not in the eastern region..

Are u a fool?

Is Rivers now the name of a Tribe or body of water?

U think people in Rivers dont have their tribe or answer Igbo name and ijaw(kalabari) name for comedy?

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Aiyk2333: 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Rextizz:
Exactly! you said it all.
Yoruba man, always looking for tiny opportunities to feel themselves.. oya carry trophy... I think Tuface, P square, Don jazzy, Timaya and many others.. are not successful.. foolish talk from mouth making people
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by guru90: 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Is it because this little award he won that's the reason he is reasoning with his one side brain?

Please don't let our love to u to start fading away....

DON'T BE TOO PROUD....
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by YungMillionaire: 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:

I don't need an uninformed illiterate to educate me.. By the way I'm not a laughing type.

So since you claim you can read where did I say Don Jazzy is Yoruba? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nemesis909: 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

[s]Sometimes you guys ask crazy question ...it is like asking the Anambra man the equivalent of Kanu or Kalu

In ìgbo land region bear unique names....like Kalu is Abia name...you can't see Anambra bear that

Amadi is a name by imo and rivers....you can't see Anambra bear that

Same thing with Damini

Do you know Ahoada...I have been there it's just after Ohaji in Imo dude they speak Igbo big time and their dialect is called Ekpeye...igbo have over 100 dialects

I am tired of lecturing retardssss here

Ekpeye (Ekkpahia, Ekpaffia) is an Igboid language of Rivers State and Bayelsa State, Nigeria.[/s]

How someone can write so many words of nonsense.

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by sexdoll: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
Barryseal:
He's talking about Road block 2014. The concert pulled over 120k people, even Tiwa savage confessed she hasn't seen anything like that. I was there backstage,it was crazy.
So sad this Nsukka man came on board and canceled what was the biggest show East of the Niger and probably the most attended show in the continent.

which nsukka man?

you mean ugwuanyi?
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by duncun: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2019

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by AreaFada2: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Lol timaya doesn't seem Yoruba to me
I was never interested in him
Timaya is Ijaw from Bayelsa.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mrshocker(m): 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
Stop Arguing.... check all Nigeria big Artists if they don’t put an atom of Yoruba in there song they won’t blow except Flavor
PSquare - omoge mi
sunny neji- oruka, tecno- Folake give am love
Pls note: it’s not there fault it’s because of Lagos market. When they blow in Lagos they blow in the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

More Photos From Davido And Chioma's Introduction / AMVCA: Nkechi Blessing Mocks Her Colleagues Who Borrowed To Look Good For Event / 6 Hottest Female Musicians In Nigeria (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55