Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ (67656 Views)

Men Cheat For Fun Not Because They Don’t Love Their Wives — Blessing CEO / If People Died During The #lekkimassacre, Let Their People Speak Out-Omotola / Nigerian Celebs Just Love Their Social Media Photos With Cars In Them! (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Chukalemon(m): 3:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
So nigeria is no longer a peaceful place for your dada head that's why you always rush to ghana.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 3:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
RejoiceBoysBlog:
Burna Boy is From PortHarcourt, confirm IGBO BOY, whether you like it or not...
So anyone that is from Port Hacourt is automatically Igbo, how well do you know about your Country?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by arantess: 3:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
But a butterfly who thinks itself a bird is still a butterfly oo

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by BabaIbo: 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Alphagan:

Your friend needs to update herself. Perhaps, she only listens to local radios

Don't be a dunce, he/she is right... Just like Olamide broke into the east with a particular song back then, tell me which song Zlatan have that can give him such popularity in the east and north and stop saying what you don't know

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ewedegubbler: 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
This guy don start. I remember when Dj Buffalo soldier threatened to kill him in joburg, was it not the same eastern guys that came to his aid and beat up Buffalo soldier? He should be careful about the nonsense he spews out to the press

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Chukwurah003: 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
hammerFC:
BURNA BOY, ARE U NOT FROM AN IGBOID GROUP AND BY EXTENSION IGBO TOO?

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WE SHOWED UP FOR U, ELSE, UR ON UR OWN. grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you're a backward person. I'm not surprised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Exodora: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Didn't they teach u English in primary one
Ikpummadu ikpumumu
I said technically
The guy doesn't even associate himself with anything Igbo
His hero is fela
If a Ghanian listens to his songs they would think he is yoruba ,I won't lie,I used to think he was Yoruba
He is just Igbo by tribe
I doubt he even knows any Igbo words than popular Igbo slangs
Lol
u see him calling a whole Igbo tribe that he belongs to Easterners,and u think he considers himself Igbo?
Note: I'm not saying Burna boy is Yoruba
I'm just stating facts

There is nothing wrong in knowing Yoruba more than Igbo probably he grow up in their mist , I can attest to that cause my elder brother doesn't know any word in Igbo as 2000 not until my parents took him to the village to learn Igbo since he finds it difficult to learn his own language .

Still don't understand why we should love our own again or is there a law against it.
Tiwa , Mi , Falz ,Davido, Wizkid , Adekunle,Simi and the rest of them are not Igbo's and yet we love them.
Don't know why people can't do without mentioning the Igbo .

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Staro: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
Aidejay:
See, me I no go gree 4 this one ooh! U pple want to drag the entertainment industry into social media tribal war this OP didn't write the whole interview he just selected the one he wants to use to stir online reactions and brought it here. What nonsense
There is nothing I've found more peace in than in music when it comes to music I forget your language tribe and religion so far as it is dope to my hearing drums infact because of phyno I b wan learn igbo so I go dey groove and understand im lyrics. U pple shud take time ooh! If na Nnamdi and FFK u can argue away your sorrow[b] but abeg leave the music and film and the entirety of the entertainment industry out of this bigotry
[/b]
Besides psychologists who studied the effect of modern day music have concluded that understanding the words don't matter anymore and u can actually like music with out knowing what the hell is being said. If I fit jam to gangam style and mi jente and macarina and all these American rappers na naija own I go come dey avoid?

Exactly - entertainment and Football
Two industries not yet tainted by tribal and religious bigotry.

Burner Boy should just up his game.

Personally, I love good music irrespective of the language.
I'm not Yoruba but I love that their hit song with Zlatan Ibile .... can't remember the title.

However, I don't seem to flow well with some of his other songs and this is not because of the Yoruba language.

Davido, Wizkid, Kiss Daniel and Tiwa Savage are among my favourite but they use a heavy dose of Yoruba in their songs too.

I remember back in 2012/2013 where I could go a whole day playing Davido's hit single, Damin Duro, even though I didn't
understand the lyrics

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Merimental(m): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
Barryseal:
He's talking about Road block 2014. The concert pulled over 120k people, even Tiwa savage confessed she hasn't seen anything like that. I was there backstage,it was crazy.
So sad this Nsukka man came on board and canceled what was the biggest show East of the Niger and probably the most attended show in the continent.

I miss Road block.
Chimaroke actually started it,Sullivan picked up d baton but Nsukka ppl seem to have Anti-entertainment Gene in dem

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Abbey1987: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
@justwise please unban me from the travel section.. i have promised not to default or break the rules again.. please for God sake unban me
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Gandollaar(f): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
ukaface:
nawa o,take it easy na.Ontop another person tribe matter.
The way you answering like say you dey for gunpoint
I bow for the guy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Your head needs checkup, P-Square, flavour, Phyno, Tekno, Yemi Alade, Don Jazzy, the top producers etc are from your village...
Yemi Slade, Igbo? Her mum is, she is not.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Gandollaar(f): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
Chukwurah003:

So you're a backward person. I'm not surprised.
Even with a fake moniker, it's easy to know you are a nobody.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Mosh1: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Stop acting like are from southsouth, you're from southwest
You are leaving the message to attack the messenger, prove to him that Burma boy is Igbo, even you know he is not.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by shogsman(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
etrange:

If you really want to conduct a research, never use the bolded line above. It's condescending and people who use it are usually empty.

Shows you did your final year project yourself.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Amanyanabo(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
Must everything involve tribalism. I swear I don taya
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by WeRblessed(f): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mraphel:
We love only psquare, tekno and other Igbo artist but they are all living in Yoruba land

The only igbo artist living in lagos are he Psquare. The rest visit lagos but live in Enugu and Asaba

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by shogsman(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
Thought he was Yoruba, didn't know he is Igbo.
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Alphagan(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Don't be a dunce, he/she is right... Just like Olamide broke into the east with a particular song back then, tell me which song Zlatan have that can give him such popularity in the east and north and stop saying what you don't know

Ohh, pardon my observation then. Guess your friend is too local to know what's happening in the national scene. Try to carry her along or at best, she could move to the city
Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nemesis909: 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
hammerFC:
BURNA BOY, ARE U NOT FROM AN IGBOID GROUP AND BY EXTENSION IGBO TOO?

THAT IS THE ONLY REASON WE SHOWED UP FOR U, ELSE, UR ON UR OWN. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is now Igboid?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Akorede02(m): 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:
Please ppl should do something for me
I want u all to go to YouTube and check Yoruba musicians videos,check d views, check d comments
Now on this same YouTube check d Igbo musicians video, check d views,d comments
Then come back here to tell me what u noticed
I'm testing d intelligence of nairalanders here

Well,I'm not surprised by what burna boy said at all
Im not going to say more than that

You test what you don't have sometimes

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Ugosample(m): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Burna boy doesn't behave like igbos at all
He behaves like Yorubas,hangs out with Yorubas
U hardly see him speaking Igbo in his music
D guy is technically Yoruba
Do u know how Yorubas have helped his career?
A time on MTV base ,they were asking him where u came from ,so d interviewer said is he from d same region as timaya
If u see d way burna boy changed his face on mtv base
I remembered d program,its called top 10 naija on MTV base, he was asked about his region,he didn't even act like he was from rivers state
Why do u think he hangs out only with Yoruba artiste
Did u forget when he went to Ghana for vacation with wizkid early this year
The guy acts like Yoruba

his mom is Yoruba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by NnwachukuOkike: 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Without Biafra you are nothing.

Use your music to support IPOB for Biafra freedom.

Shout out to IPOB DJs and Artists.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by WeRblessed(f): 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Didn't they teach u English in primary one
Ikpummadu ikpumumu
I said technically
The guy doesn't even associate himself with anything Igbo
His hero is fela
If a Ghanian listens to his songs they would think he is yoruba ,I won't lie,I used to think he was Yoruba
He is just Igbo by tribe
I doubt he even knows any Igbo words than popular Igbo slangs
Lol
u see him calling a whole Igbo tribe that he belongs to Easterners,and u think he considers himself Igbo?
Note: I'm not saying Burna boy is Yoruba
I'm just stating facts

Bro let me tell you,
Nwafor is always nwafor. Got that?
No matter how far flies goes it will still fall down for the frogs.

Igbo DNA is stronger and deeper than any tribes in the world.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
franklingud:

Yeah I know about that and his late father was late Fela's manager.

His grandfather not father was fela's manager

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by goaldynboy: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Burna Boy has started talking nonsense because of the little award he won recently!

This was how Mr Eazi was talking trash about Nigerian music before Nigerians rejected him!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by shogsman(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Mkmoney:
Burnaboy just lost a fan... Peace out

You guys are too sentimental, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by golddeejay(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

I recently saw a video of an Igbo masquerade and his people singing and gbeing their bodies. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by DonMekino(m): 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
He is a man now.... Time to change his name from BurnaBoy to maybe BurnaMan

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: ‘Easterners In Nigeria Only Love Their People In Music’ by WeRblessed(f): 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Barryseal:
He's talking about Road block 2014. The concert pulled over 120k people, even Tiwa savage confessed she hasn't seen anything like that. I was there backstage,it was crazy.
So sad this Nsukka man came on board and canceled what was the biggest show East of the Niger and probably the most attended show in the continent.

My brother, this Bunner corn or whatever his name is has just shot himself on the foot. You know that we don't forget in a hurry. O nyuola nsi na alter synagogue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Paul Okoye "Consulting Oracle" For Nigeria To Iceland (Photo) / 4 Of The Guys 9ice Praised In His Song "Living Things” (Photos) / Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.