Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". (29389 Views)

10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / Man Stood By His Girlfriend When She Had Cancer, Tells Story 2 Years Later / Man Finds Out The 'Uncle' Who Stood As His Wife's Dad Was Her Sugar Daddy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Apparently, they do it all the time! But yeah that makes no sense. Which is why the USA has the marriage laws that they have. And yes I know feminism has allowed women to abuse those laws, but they were designed for women not to loose out on wealth if she help "Make" her husband.

1x2x3:

Exactly the point. No sane man would leave a woman that helped them build. They will always leave the one who had nothing to offer.
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Trust This,

Women are only submissive for 2 reasons:

1. Because she want to be.
2. Based on her options.

mezarddinny:
either as a man or a woman, always date people in your financial class so as to avoid stories that touch in the future, remember that the money that is enticing you today may become what you can spend in a day in the future but you are already far too gone in deep shít. financially okay guys should go for financially okay women so there will be less talk of "I spent everything had on her" even if she leaves you, you will know you didn't lose out same goes to women. broke men should hustle and look for a hustling woman so they can both team up and add something to each other's life. don't go and be looking for wretched girls because you are finding submissive woman when there are submissive ladies that are financially okay
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
A Big Amen to this!

Fountainofyouth:
There is nothing like any misconception about it, sticking to someone should be sticking with someone regardless of when the outcome changes, for a lady to stick to a guy when he had nothing doesn't mean she didn't have other options, she chose to stay because she believed in both of them not just the man same with a man sticking with his woman,

We have cases of people who have been together from a very tender age till adulthood, and at the end, they got married regardless of how rich or poor or stagnant things turned out to be, deep real LOVE supercedes money, appreciate a loved one who stayed despite all else, if you both didn't end up together, compensate him/her to show the person how important he/she was to you.

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 20, 2019
skywalker240:

Well well well, someone has not been toungue fvcked today,
cheesy

OMG! That was just tooo funny!!!
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by skywalker240(m): 1:21am On Jul 20, 2019
MarjieJ98354:

OMG! That was just tooo funny!!!
well i dont find her Funny anyways.
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 20, 2019
nairalandposter:
Women matter again?

Se won ti fi oro obinrin sepe fun yin in this place ni?

Why exactly do you people gather here 24/7 just to discuss women?

And yet Nigerian women are so considerate of your fragile overblown and utterly shameless egos that you dont see them gathering in like manner to discuss you the way you have been discussing them!
This is romance section, tell me what are they suppose to discuss?

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by BabbanBura(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2019
Jgoldie:
I actually was in this shit some years back....dude was a broke ass...I loved him die...he was working with mr Biggs then...I supported with the little i had and the thing can Bleep ehnnn....i could not leave him because the sex was good and he was so caring....

I got a job...he got a well paid job like 6 figures....guess what ?? He started cheating....I jejely carried my slippers and managed what I have...thank God I I kuku dey recieve my peanut salary but I will not go into a relationship with a broke dude ...never again...I learnt the hard way..

Awwww!

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by rumenase(m): 11:57am On Sep 16, 2019
franchasng:

Sex is nothing, it has no value, it adds no value to a mans life, so how did she stood by him

sex cures konji, konji is real

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by princfred(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ryan03:
Why should a girl sit down doing nothing while her man builds himself up? I blame uneducated girls who are willing to support a man through school with their little trade, why not do it for yourself? How can you be so foolish? To the guys saying she had nothing to offer while he was broke apart from love and sex, why couldnt you stay without a girlfriend when you were broke? You are now claiming we both enjoyed it, did she ask you for sex? You were even having an erection when you were broke grin Girls, you better go and hustle with that your two hands and legs, you wont die if you work
This must be a lady behind the moniker. Which uneducated girl supports a man through school?
The educated ones never mentally develop such orientation talk less the uneducated ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by princfred(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
pocohantas:

I don't care either. Whichever way it is, it has nothing to do with if the other person offered nothing besides love.
Making all these sense. Must be a great day.
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by princfred(m): 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ugosample:
Too bad relationships have degenerated to this level

now it's a war/battlefield/gra gra avenue

What happened to the old I like you, you like me, let's build a life together ?
I know you are not perfect and I'm not perfect but lets live and build a life and grow old together?

relationship now is what people are drawing SWOT analysis and all manners of calculations undecided

Terrible
Feminism happened. Feminists need to hear this.

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by princfred(m): 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2019
Jgoldie:
I actually was in this shit some years back....dude was a broke ass...I loved him die...he was working with mr Biggs then...I supported with the little i had and the thing can Bleep ehnnn....i could not leave him because the sex was good and he was so caring....

I got a job...he got a well paid job like 6 figures....guess what ?? He started cheating....I jejely carried my slippers and managed what I have...thank God I I kuku dey recieve my peanut salary but I will not go into a relationship with a broke dude ...never again...I learnt the hard way..
Sorry maybe you should have married him when the iron was hot. Sometimes you girls waste too much time for God knows what until....... The lesson should be you gals should stop waiting till the man has the world before settling down with him because if/when he finds out you are only willing to now settle down with him that he has made it, he won't trust you.

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by DSHADOWWALKER: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
robinsoncrosoe:
Normal me would av jumped on the bandwagon that lady's are gold diggers but I won't do that now after what one stupid guy did..yes I said stupid guy

U dated a girl in school when u had nothing. She didn't av much too but u guys were in the same class reading same course.u dated her for 4 years.she helped u at times to pay your school fees.

Then u guys graduate, get internship in same hospital.next thing u dumped her because u saw another lady.the one that even annoyed me is that this lady told this fool to pay her 100k before she accepts him.this fool paid 90k.

Was now telling me how his babe caught him cheating and he told her to leave if she wants to.

I called him a fool for letting her go and he poured drink on me.I just left and deleted his number from my phone

Some guys are fools I swear

Calm down,sir,maybe d guy is an idiot sha,but what if he never really loved the lady?? Because they struggled together doesnt have to mean marriage must be d reward,marriage sud never be a reward
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Blissbath(f): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
Shey
theButterfly:
So true. Either I'm Girl A or B, I would be reluctant to help a guy for this reason. There's a thread in Family right now relating to this:
https://www.nairaland.com/5305516/wife-vs-husban-in-laws/2#down. She married her husband when he had nothing. Now that he's well-to-do: he's a serial cheat, makes financial decisions behind her back, lets his 5 sisters treat her anyhow then defends them, to name a few of their ongoing issues. Women should be careful w| building men from scratch b|c there's no guarantee of his loyalty or respect in return.

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
There is nothing like any misconception about it, sticking to someone should be sticking with someone regardless of when the outcome changes, for a lady to stick to a guy when he had nothing doesn't mean she didn't have other options, she chose to stay because she believed in both of them not just the man same with a man sticking with his woman,

We have cases of people who have been together from a very tender age till adulthood, and at the end, they got married regardless of how rich or poor or stagnant things turned out to be, deep real LOVE supercedes money, appreciate a loved one who stayed despite all else, if you both didn't end up together, compensate him/her to show the person how important he/she was to you.

You made some salient points. Although the answer to this are very subjective, people tend to pick examples from Men who left their first wives and picked new ones as examples but there lots more women who stick to their first loves.

Using Ahmed Musa as an example, he married his wife and she bore kids for him. She became fat after childbirth. He was happy with it until he became famous and travels to Russia to play Football. He became exposed and he started dating a slim beautiful igbo lady. Then married her as she now fit his new status.

This is very unfair and cruel.

Now let's look a story of Ada, who was sponsored by an illiterate trader at Alaba from 100 level in Covenant university to 400 level. While in school she became exposed and met a better exposed guy than a mere trader. She dated and then married the new guy after graduation because she couldn't stand getting married to a Man who cannot even communicate in English.

This is also cruel.

But the Moral of the story is, In life when people are improving their lives and getting better. Such as: Education, looks, exposure, business etc. You need to move with them as a spouse.

This is the Sole reason why i don't encourage any woman to be a stay at home wife.

Life is very unfair by default.

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by pansophist(m): 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
To accurately understand this scenario, it is necessary to dive in a bit into the female psyche why some felt indebted for staying with you because you have ''nothing''. When it comes to romance, women play to win, while men play not to lose. I will repeat and think about it deeply.

MEN PLAY TO WIN, WOMEN PLAY NOT TO LOSE.

If you understand the depth of the above statement, then it won't be difficult to see it from her perspective. In the romantic marketplace, women are highly sorted after. It is common for a girl to give out her number ten times in a day to random men. She is blessed with the currency (interpret as beauty and youthfulness) to trade-up and date other guys, a currency other men want to cash-out from, but she ignored them all to be with you. By being with you, she is playing not to lose her natural currency (beauty, youthfulness, and in some cases, fertility) which is steadily on the decline as she ages, with the hope that she will prove her loyalty and win your commitment. It is also why women generally do not like the age question, just as a rich man would not like you asking him how much he has in his bank account. Such a question is prying in nature and signifies that you are trying to judge their worth and value.

She is above him in rank in the sexual marketplace, and to be her equal, the guy must be successful in the real world. It is not news that women are attracted, and prefer quality men (not just by being a male). It the natural league of things. A pretty girl and a rich dude is the norm, not with a poor one. This is all that is playing in her head, even if many are not aware of it, it is subconscious, instinctive, and hierarchical nature of how humans mating have evolved into. As a man, you might probably see it differently from her, like judging what she brings to the table from a material perspective (money, etc), but men and women from time immemorial, bring different value to relationships.

To give up all the sexual advances from other men, free gifts, weekend night out fully paid, with a depreciating currency (approaching 30), which reduces her values in society just to be with you, then it is reasonable, understandable, and contextually right for her to feel that she stayed with you when you have nothing.

Pansophist

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by DSHADOWWALKER: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2019
pansophist:
To accurately understand this scenario, it is necessary to dive in a bit into the female psyche why some felt indebted for staying with you because you have ''nothing''. When it comes to romance, women play to win, while men play not to lose. I will repeat and think about it deeply.

MEN PLAY TO WIN, WOMEN PLAY NOT TO LOSE.

If you understand the depth of the above statement, then it won't be difficult to see it from her perspective. In the romantic marketplace, women are highly sorted after. It is common for a girl to give out her number ten times in a day to random men. She is blessed with the currency (interpret as beauty and youthfulness) to trade-up and date other guys, a currency other men want to cash-out from, but she ignored them all to be with you. By being with you, she is playing not to lose her natural currency (beauty, youthfulness, and in some cases, fertility) which is steadily on the decline as she ages, with the hope that she will prove her loyalty and win your commitment. It is also why women generally do not like the age question, just as a rich man would not like you asking him how much he has in his bank account. Such a question is prying in nature and signifies that you are trying to judge their worth and value.

She is above him in rank in the sexual marketplace, and to be her equal, the guy must be successful in the real world. It is not news that women are attracted, and prefer quality men (not just by being a male). It the natural league of things. A pretty girl and a rich dude is the norm, not with a poor one. This is all that is playing in her head, even if many are not aware of it, it is subconscious, instinctive, and hierarchical nature of how humans mating have evolved into. As a man, you might probably see it differently from her, like judging what she brings to the table from a material perspective (money, etc), but men and women from time immemorial, bring different value to relationships.

To give up all the sexual advances from other men, free gifts, weekend night out fully paid, with a depreciating currency (approaching 30), which reduces her values in society just to be with you, then it is reasonable, understandable, and contextually right for her to feel that she stayed with you when you have nothing.

Pansophist

Relationship sud not be like u have a stated,it sud never be a transaction,what you are stating is prostitution,sex(beauty) for gratification and compensation.And you expect the same man not to run after a more sexy lady he can "afford" after he becomes rich??

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by pansophist(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
DSHADOWWALKER:

Relationship sud not be like u have a stated,it sud never be a transaction,what you are stating is prostitution,sex(beauty) for gratification and compensation.And you expect the same man not to run after a more sexy lady he can "afford" after he becomes rich??

it shouldn't be, but it is what it is. Human relationships from time immemorial are symbiotic (mostly mutualistic, parasitic, commensalistic). The new girl the sane man runs to still didn't deny the notion that the relationship is a transaction. Running to a new girl he can upgrade to with his money, for her beauty or what she has to offer, again, symbiotic in nature.

1 Like

Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by lyndaway(f): 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
If you don't love or like someone don't eat anything (money) from him or her it an Hausa adage
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
It's you guys that will say, gals don't like dating guys that are still hustling.

I know of a woman, a nurse. She and her husband, a doctor, worked together to build his hospital.

Guess what...

When the money started flowing, he started marrying more wives. Today he has 5 wives.

The most painful thing is that non of these other wives are educated.

So what I learnt from their story is never date a broke guy, hustling or not.
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by BigJoe19: 11:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Tela101:
It's you guys that will say, gals don't like dating guys that are still hustling.

I know of a woman, a nurse. She and her husband, a doctor, worked together to build his hospital.

Guess what...

When the money started flowing, he started marrying more wives. Today he has 5 wives.

The most painful thing is that non of these other wives are educated.

So what I learnt from their story is never date a broke guy, hustling or not.
What you stated is the problem and cause of women being 5th wives or more, so in a country like Nigeria that there are many broke men how will the women be evenly distributed with the men, that is why you will see a rich man marrying 5wives, do you know the cause of this? Answer= the women don't want to marry broke men.
Re: Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 20, 2019
BigJoe19:
What you stated is the problem and cause of women being 5th wives or more, so in a country like Nigeria that there are many broke men how will the women be evenly distributed with the men, that is why you will see a rich man marrying 5wives, do you know the cause of this? Answer= the women don't want to marry broke men.

I stated that because, he said a woman that made you rich and the one that was with you when you were broke, who will you be with.

This woman was not a leech like you guys are fond of saying.

What am saying is, stick with who was there for you, financially or otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can A Lady Be Pregnant And Still Ovulate? / I Caught My Friends Girlfriend Runsing In A Club, Should I Tell Him? / Why Do Girls Worldover Dislike Short Men ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.