Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) (84262 Views)

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? / See What Happened To The 9-year Old Boy Who Married A 62-year Old Lady In 2014 / 'I Got Three Wives Through Flogging' - Fulani Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
thesicilian:
These are some of the negative aspects of tradition that we should do away with. It's not about tribe or religion, but using education and public enlightenment to deliberately liberate the people from mental slavery.
Deuteronomy 25:5-10 (ESV)

"5. If brothers dwell together, and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the dead man shall not be married outside the family to a stranger.

Her husband's brother shall go in to her and take her as his wife and perform the duty of a husband's brother to her.

6 And the first son whom she bears shall succeed to the name of his dead brother, that his name may not be blotted out of Israel."

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by ahahnow: 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
I made page 2
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by BaddieKay(f): 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
grin
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Bozzy001(m): 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

I love the horror genre. My story might just be a bit long
Years back, at the University of Ijebu Ode, i had a friend called Olusango Ifalogun very cocky and flamboyant.

He came back after a semester with a brand new Honda "PureWater" and pockets full of cash.

Eeya! Pele ti e
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by OkoYibo: 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

"5. If brothers dwell together, and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the dead man shall not be married outside the family to a stranger.

Her husband's brother shall go in to her and take her as his wife and perform the duty of a husband's brother to her.

6 And the first son whom she bears shall succeed to the name of his dead brother, that his name may not be blotted out of Israel."

Show us the part that makes Igbo women to drink the water used in washing the corpses of their husbands.

Show us the part that justifies depriving women of inheritance rights.

Lots of Igbo customs are backward and need to be changed.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by TheFacelessMan: 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
Bozzy001:
Eeya! Pele ti e

Ki baba re nah. Emi wa okay. She o ti gbo?
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Bozzy001(m): 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

Years back, at the University of Ijebu Ode, i had a friend called Olusango Ifalogun very cocky and flamboyant.

He came back after a semester with a brand new Honda "PureWater" and pockets full of cash.

Eeya! Pele ti e.
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Lovelyn451(f): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
I

2 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

Show us the part that makes Igbo women to drink the water used in washing the corpses of their husbands.

Show us the part that justifies depriving women of inheritance rights.

Lots of Igbo customs are backward and need to be changed.
I'd rather have the backward customs than embrace "modern" (toxic) customs like homosexuality and lesbianism.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by naijjaman(m): 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
thesicilian:
These are some of the negative aspects of tradition that we should do away with. It's not about tribe or religion, but using education and public enlightenment to deliberately liberate the people from mental slavery.

I beg to differ. Tell me what is wrong with the tradition? Did she tell you that she was forced into what she was doing?
If you were the only son and die, what do you expect your mother to do? Who will take care of her when she gets older?
There are fundamental questions you should ask before condemning other people's culture and tradition.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by LINTUNE(m): 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

Years back, at the University of Ijebu Ode, i had a friend called Omoake very cocky and flamboyant.

We all asked him to show us :the way" and with a mysterious look on his face, he asked us to meet him at the OkuOrun Cemetery at midnight.

lol cheesy.. Crazy guy smiley

2 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by OkoYibo: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

I'd rather have the backward customs than embrace "modern" (toxic) customs like homosexuality and lesbianism.

Homosexuality is ancient just like lesbianism. They are in the same Bible you quoted.

The customs are archaic and defy logic. It doesn't make sense to be defending such. Would you want your daughter to undergo such?

When Ojukwu died, why didn't Bianca practice this?

4 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by EdiAbali: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
It's the family that married her so their brother/son's generation won't end.

This is why Igbo men value male child most and would adopt one if they couldn't bear

3 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

Homosexuality is ancient just like lesbianism. They are in the same Bible you quoted.
We dont want such in Igbo land.

OkoYibo:

The customs are archaic and defy logic. It doesn't make sense to be defending such. Would you want your daughter to undergo such?

When Ojukwu died, why didn't Bianca practice this?
To prove to you that things are not the way you say.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Gforce2019: 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

You want to mislead some gullible Christian readers.

Eediot, spiritualizing backward culture .

I spit on your flatted head , nyamiri!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by OkoYibo: 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
naijjaman:

I beg to differ. Tell me what is wrong with the tradition? Did she tell you that she was forced into what she was doing?

Would you want your daughter to undergo such?

Igbo traditions are the most evil towards women.

Only igbos compel their widows to shave their hair.

Only igbos deprive their women of rights of inheritance.

Only igbos force widows to drink water used in washing corpses.

Now, this nonsense is happening too.

Aren't you ashamed?

7 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Alejobs: 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
Don't forget your mum's advice? She is speaking from a place of love and experience
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gforce2019:

Receive sense

5 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by OkoYibo: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gforce2019:

Don't mind the idiot.

As you see him, their culture doesn't allow women inherit property.
They are the most wicked towards women in this country.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Gforce2019: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
naijjaman:

If you were the only son and die, what do you expect your mother to do? Who will take care of her when she gets older?
There are fundamental questions you should ask before condemning other people's culture and tradition.

Carry your stupid culture commot for my mention

2 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Alejobs: 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2019
What can we do without reliable power really? We don't deserve this heat!

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by OkoYibo: 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

We dont want such in Igbo land.say.
But you want to subjugate your mothers and daughters.

All of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

immhotep:
o prove to you that things are not the way you say.
It rather proves that only foolish, poverty-stricken Igbos practice it.

8 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

But you want to subjugate your mothers and daughters.

All of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Did the woman in the video complain of being subjugated ? ? ?

OkoYibo:

It rather proves that only foolish, poverty-stricken Igbos practice it.
We dont want toxic feminism that has destroyed white women.
Don't criticize what you do not understand.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by cococandy(f): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
I don’t need to watch this. It’s stupid that’s all I know.
Yes she wasn’t forced but brainwashing has a lot to do with it. Let her ask a man to stay married to her 10 years after she’s dead and see what response she gets.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by foolbuster: 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

Just like how widows were made to drink the water used in washing the bodies of dead husbands

Just like how women were deprived of inheritance rights in Igboland

It is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience. Would you want your daughter to undergo something like this?

Use your flat head to think.

I refuse to stoop to the level of your petty tribalistic brain. I feel sorry for tribalists really. They are all fools.

Besides it would be an insult to my sensibility to engage someone who believes people drink the water used to wash dead people.

Just carry on with your stupidity. I can only pray you enmancipate yourself oneday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

Don't mind the idiot.

As you see him, their culture doesn't allow women inherit property.
They are the most wicked towards women in this country.
But you are silent about those cultures that use womens underwear for rituals.
And the many women used for human sacrifice in other tribes.

Receive sense abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Gforce2019: 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

Receive sense

Be deceiving yourselves.

Amadioh! Is also culture of the jew, Abi?
Jew can't be identified with you because your people are too diabolical and evil.

You are of your father the devil, the love of your father you will do. And that's what you are doing all over the world. Kidnapping, drug baron, fetish, backward culture, etc.
Jews are passionate about Almighty God and no other gods

5 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by dotunbidemi: 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
Babaheekmat:
Kids comments on this NL should be banned for life..

They don't understand simple beauty in stories..

Always ranting about everything..

SMH
if it's your mother or your sister, will you allow it... You this smelling people undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gforce2019:

Be deceiving yourselves.

Amadioh! Is also culture of the jew, Abi?
Jew can't be identified with you because your people are too diabolical and evil.

You are of your father the devil, the love of your father you will do. And that's what you are doing all over the world. Kidnapping, drug baron, fetish, backward culture, etc.
Jews are passionate about Almighty God and no other gods
grin grin
Go back and read your Old Testament very well.
If there were no other gods in ancient Israel, why was YHWH always sending them prophets ? ?

5 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
Babaheekmat:
Kids comments on this NL should be banned for life..

They don't understand simple beauty in stories..

Always ranting about everything..

SMH
I tire oh grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by wizardus: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
We tin person no go see

Subscribe to watch and also get notification for latest video news

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UColpmn7wRUX8kj7BgUU3-1w?sub_confirmation=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) / Gwám Gwàm Gwâm (igbo Riddles) / Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.