Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) (84260 Views)

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? / See What Happened To The 9-year Old Boy Who Married A 62-year Old Lady In 2014 / 'I Got Three Wives Through Flogging' - Fulani Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by jrusky(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Guys enough of all the talks pls.

The truth is its a bad culture and must be scrap simple as that their is no justification living marrying to death and be f u c k I n g around given birth to bastards.

It's bad it's bad no one should package it. Enough pls.

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Biafrannuke: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
yeman1:
I can say that Igbos belief is more worst and disgusted than d Yorubas
it's 'worse' not 'more worst'

we can learn any other thing from people but when it comes to issues of marriage, family and kindred relationship, we teach others.
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nature8(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
ELVISHOT:
"My husband said after my son's death - a wife must be found for him."

Chinyere agreed to marry Ikemefuna after he had died, so that his family could continue his lineage as part of an Igbo custom in south-east Nigeria.

Watch The Video https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/07/my-husband-said-after-my-sons-death.html?m=1

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by mukthar2000(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
Chaiiiii

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
We are never going to have a space program
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Lovelyn451(f): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
obongitiad:

Please can you explain the issue to me Wella. I actually couldn't watch the video.

Thank you
she married and procreates for a guy who died prematurely to give him a lineage, it happens in the traditional Igbo society, if a matured guy dies without getting married, his parents would marry a woman for him, she sleeps with any random guy, gets pregnant and the child belongs to the family that married her and is regarded as the dead guy's child...I believe women who offer themselves for surrogates should be used for things like this,the woman in this video is matured and I'm sure shes been married before but this girl in my community is very young and beautiful, is this how shes gonna live the rest of her life?? Its just not fair for her family to give her away like this because of money??
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
thesicilian:
These are some of the negative aspects of tradition that we should do away with. It's not about tribe or religion, but using education and public enlightenment to deliberately liberate the people from mental slavery.

Are u well? Which mental slavery are u talking about?

The only mental slavery in Nigeria is Christianity n Islam
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

Just like how widows were made to drink the water used in washing the bodies of dead husbands

Just like how women were deprived of inheritance rights in Igboland

It is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience. Would you want your daughter to undergo something like this?

Use your flat head to think.

''Just like how women were deprived of inheritance rights in Igboland"

Daft n useless falsehood, women aren't deprived of inheritance in IGBO land, stop chooking mouth in things u don't know
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

Show us the part that makes Igbo women to drink the water used in washing the corpses of their husbands.

Show us the part that justifies depriving women of inheritance rights.

Lots of Igbo customs are backward and need to be changed.

""Show us the part that makes Igbo women to drink the water used in washing the corpses of their husbands""

Trash.
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

Homosexuality is ancient just like lesbianism. They are in the same Bible you quoted.

The customs are archaic and defy logic. It doesn't make sense to be defending such. Would you want your daughter to undergo such?

When Ojukwu died, why didn't Bianca practice this?

U are quite daft. Ojukwu had children n this there was no need for his wife to do such.

Meanwhile any igbo tradition u see belongs to just one portion of IGBO land. There are over 1000 villages in SE n SS IGBO states and their traditions are largely indigenous in each state.
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gforce2019:

You want to mislead some gullible Christian readers.

Eediot, spiritualizing backward culture .

I spit on your flatted head , nyamiri!

Every bit of thing he wrote is biblical and MUST be followed.
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by TheFacelessMan: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
yhemsy62:
guy create ur own thread

Make me
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
Can someone shed more light pls...
How the lineage will continue when the said Wife cant bear a child alone?

Thanks
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by obinna58(m): 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

let me also add that we should do away with the belief that a mythical Jew who was killed by three nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago died for the misdemeanors of the citizens of a country located off the coast of west Africa.

we should do away with the nonsensical and idiotic belief that snakes and donkeys once talked and a virgin gave birth

believing a valley containing lots of dry bones that's been there for years was given flesh and blood and they all rose (where did those raised bodies go from there?) is also as stupid

Believing that some conman named Jacob got his plain skinned cattle to look at stripped trees when copulating so they can give birth to stripped cattle and it worked!

Believing something must be true because its found in a book written by ignorant goatherders who had no idea where the sun went at night is pinnacle of stupidity

All these nonsense should be thrown into the trashcan where they belong
Baba I hail oo
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Timba24(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
i tot we are way more than all this useless tradition that we practise in this country. May God help us.
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by obongitiad(m): 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lovelyn451:
she married and procreates for a guy who died prematurely to give him a lineage, it happens in the traditional Igbo society, if a matured guy dies without getting married, his parents would marry a woman for him, she sleeps with any random guy, gets pregnant and the child belongs to the family that married her and is regarded as the dead guy's child...I believe women who offer themselves for surrogates should be used for things like this,the woman in this video is matured and I'm sure shes been married before but this girl in my community is very young and beautiful, is this how shes gonna live the rest of her life?? Its just not fair for her family to give her away like this because of money??

Yuks! Thanks for the info.

This is some serious shit
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by bigcasava1(m): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
Stupid post must u mention her tribe?
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Chibex50(f): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lolzzzz.... My Step Mother Wire In The News.. na wa..
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Chibex50(f): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2019
Eco2580:
Can someone shed more light pls...
How the lineage will continue when the said Wife cant bear a child alone?

Thanks

She Sleeps With Random Men And Bears Children For The Family.. The deceased Husband Is The Only Son And He Died Without Getting Married..
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by MarieSucre(f): 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
I should marry a dead man because I want to continue his lineage, who will now continue my own lineage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) / Gwám Gwàm Gwâm (igbo Riddles) / Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.