Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) (84257 Views)

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? / See What Happened To The 9-year Old Boy Who Married A 62-year Old Lady In 2014 / 'I Got Three Wives Through Flogging' - Fulani Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by mmadu5(m): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2019
so people still do these kinds of stuff in 2019

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by grandstar(m): 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

let me also add that we should do away with the belief that a mythical Jew who was killed by three nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago died for the misdemeanors of the citizens of a country located off the coast of west Africa.

we should do away with the nonsensical and idiotic belief that snakes and donkeys once talked and a virgin gave birth

believing a valley containing lots of dry bones that's been there for years was given flesh and blood and they all rose (where did those raised bodies go from there?) is also as stupid

Believing that some conman named Jacob got his plain skinned cattle to look at stripped trees when copulating so they can give birth to stripped cattle and it worked!

All these nonsense should be thrown into the trashcan where they belong

Was Jesus truly a mythical figure? Did you know the Jewish historian Josephus mentioned him?

Jewish Antiquities 18.3.3

Second, in Book 20 there is what could be called a passing reference to Jesus in a paragraph describing the murder of Jesus' brother, James, at the hands of Ananus, the High Priest.

But the younger Ananus who, as we said, received the high priesthood, was of a bold disposition and exceptionally daring; he followed the party of the Sadducees, who are severe in judgment above all the Jews, as we have already shown. As therefore Ananus was of such a disposition, he thought he had now a good opportunity, as Festus was now dead, and Albinus was still on the road; so he assembled a council of judges, and brought before it the brother of Jesus the so-called Christ, whose name was James, together with some others, and having accused them as lawbreakers, he delivered them over to be stoned.

Jewish Antiquities 20.9.1

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Gforce2019: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

grin grin
Go back and read your Old Testament very well.
If there were no other gods in ancient Israel, why was YHWH always sending them prophets ? ?

Do go there...
I have read and re-read the entire bible. Be specific so that I can respond accordingly...
I'm not a gullible Christian... I'm so rooted and built up in Faith...I don't owe you any apology for this.

For you to be a good Christian, you must understand and imbibe the culture of the Bible wholly.

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Ishilove: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2019
Terrible blogging. Absolutely terrible!

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
OkoYibo:

Show us the part that makes Igbo women to drink the water used in washing the corpses of their husbands.

Show us the part that justifies depriving women of inheritance rights.

Lots of Igbo customs are backward and need to be changed.
so ur pple no get bad custom abi... this thing is not peculiar to Ibo's stop generalizing...

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gforce2019:

Do go there...
I have read and re-read the entire bible. Be specific so that I can respond accordingly...
I'm not a gullible Christian... I'm so rooted and built up in Faith...I don't owe you any apology for this.

For you to be a good Christian, you must understand and imbibe the culture of the Bible wholly.
Just one verse from the book of Ezekiel >>>

Ezekiel 36:25 New International Version
"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols"

The Old Testament is full of 'idolatry' my brother. grin grin
That's why prophet after prophet were sent to remind them about their covenant with YHWH: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Amos etc etc

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by anambraamaka: 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
It’s called Nkuchi. It helps to keep the family name. It has its ups and downs like everything in life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Babaheekmat: 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
dotunbidemi:
if it's your mother or your sister, will you allow it... You this smelling people undecided

SMH..

In fact.. ori e ti yi

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by tomdon(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
foolbuster:

Negative what? Did she tell you she was forced? Your type will even force your sister to do it if the family was very wealthy.

Besides its not as you think it is. Dont just mouth off about what you dont understand.

Fool
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Elemosho478: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

But you are silent about those cultures that use womens underwear for rituals.
And the many women used for human sacrifice in other tribes.

Receive sense abeg.

Those are crimes

You are now comparing crimes with cultures

5 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Elemosho478:

Those are crimes

You are now comparing crimes with cultures

You are now being evasive, my brother. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Aidejay(m): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
Where Dem dey.......? The online agitators.
Why won't they come and behold the wonders of their traditions or is this not something to be proud about?
Where are the slurs and insults usually used to acoste those who are not mistakenly from your tribe
Wondering how they will twist this to suit their political correctness and idealism of perfection
If not for wisdom local man would have been a hater

2 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
anambraamaka:
It’s called Nkuchi. It helps to keep the family name. It has its ups and downs like everything in life.
Gbam.
Ka Chukwu Okike Abiama mezie okwu grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
Aidejay:
Where Dem dey.......? The online agitators.
Why won't they come and behold the wonders of their traditions or is this not something to be proud about?
Where are the slurs and insults usually used to acoste those who are not mistakenly from your tribe
Wondering how they will twist this to suit their political correctness and idealism of perfection
If not for wisdom local man would have been a hater
Its called a Levirate Marriage >> https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/levirate-marriage-bible

2 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Ndipe(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
Na wao!
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Dreambeat: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

Its called a Levirate Marriage >> https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/levirate-marriage-bible
I know of the Levirate marriage, at least it happened in my community back then.That was the only one I have personally seen, it is rare.I doubt if it still happens these days.But the one in the BBC documentary, I am just hearing for the first time.I don't think it is the same as Levirate marriage.Igbo culture is quite rich.However, a lot should be done away with
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
Dreambeat:
I know of the Levirate marriage, at least it happened in my community then.That was the only one I have personally seen, it is rare.I doubt if it still happens these days.But the one in the BBC documentary, I am just hearing for the first time.Igbo culture is quite rich.However, a lot should be done away with
Levirate Marriage has not gone away my brother. grin
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Gforce2019: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
immhotep:

Just one verse from the book of Ezekiel >>>

Ezekiel 36:25 New International Version
"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols"

The Old Testament is full of 'idolatry' my brother. grin grin
That's why prophet after prophet were sent to remind them about their covenant with YHWH: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Amos etc etc

Off-points ...
I'm off.
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gforce2019:

Off-points ...
I'm off.
grin grin
Ok.. . Off to a better Bible study school I hope grin grin
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by foolbuster: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
tomdon:

Fool

Coward
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by cookingsoul(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
LINTUNE:
lol cheesy.. Crazy guy smiley
ghost of dead ppl fall on u

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Lekanboii: 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
Really

Neat iphone 6s Plus 128GB for sale. Call or whatsapp 09068five35652. Lagos-Ikotun. Only Serious buyers should chat or call pls
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by LINTUNE(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
angry
cookingsoul:
ghost of dead ppl fall on u
.. Bleep u man
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by obongitiad(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lovelyn451:
I know a girl that was married like that in.my community...very beautiful girl, even though the family gives her the best life any woman can dream of, I don't support this abeg, sleeping and getting pregnant for every random guy...Haba

Please can you explain the issue to me Wella. I actually couldn't watch the video.

Thank you
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by uba1991: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
And they ll b claiming educated. arrogant fooools

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by michlins(m): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

let me also add that we should do away with the belief that a mythical Jew who was killed by three nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago died for the misdemeanors of the citizens of a country located off the coast of west Africa.

we should do away with the nonsensical and idiotic belief that snakes and donkeys once talked and a virgin gave birth

believing a valley containing lots of dry bones that's been there for years was given flesh and blood and they all rose (where did those raised bodies go from there?) is also as stupid

Believing that some conman named Jacob got his plain skinned cattle to look at stripped trees when copulating so they can give birth to stripped cattle and it worked!

Believing something must be true because its found in a book written by ignorant goatherders who had no idea where the sun went at night is pinnacle of stupidity

All these nonsense should be thrown into the trashcan where they belong
see how you finished her off. Be merciful please. These stories give some people hope in times of despair
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by yeman1(m): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
I can say that Igbos belief is more worst and disgusted than d Yorubas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) / Gwám Gwàm Gwâm (igbo Riddles) / Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.