Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,968 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) (14547 Views)

Victor Banjo Was Killed By Ojukwu Because He Spoke Yoruba With Awolowo / Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen / Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by LZAA: 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
immhotep:

But . . .but . . .but . . .our king the Ooni of Ife will also not be happy with this your idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ8BA4l9oK0

cc sarrki gaskiyamagana yarimo deomelo olawalesmarter0 lzaa afamed amatarasha nkemchukwudi ngeneukweunu adaibeku rekhina
Yarimo wee now say kanu has brainwashed ooni grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2019
LZAA:

Yarimo wee now say kanu has brainwashed ooni grin
And t9ksy will blame Ikemba Odimegwu Ojukwu for this grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by LZAA: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2019
immhotep:

And t9ksy will blame Ikemba Odimegwu Ojukwu for this grin
Zombie things grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ziggylady:

You are a tribalist dude,a very big one..Your marrying an Igbo lady does not mean you are not..

..Many yorubas who hate Igbo with a passion do not mind marrryig an Igbo girl so they can brag and show of how much Igbo girls are 'chasing ' them...smh.

Your claims of your assertions about Igbos being true is subjective cos we have twice as many complaints about you guys.

Desperate desire to marry Igbo women is a sinister fetish many of you cant help...facts!

..You lots even make really horrible husbands anyway so i wonder why any right-thinking Igbo lady will give you lots the time of the day...Na complete bad market una be....No iota of responsible what-so-ever

I do not like yorubas generally,but unlike you i wont marry a yorubaman only to come here crying like a fowl they are bad blabbing here...Point is i wont even marry yoruba to start with.

Your irresponsible disposition bad-mouthing your wife'speople validates my point..Just dont use juju and kpai her and her relations cos you lots have grade-one in such tjings..

Poor woman...na one chance bustop she enter with you in the name of marriage.
SamNaijaboy right now grin grin

cc lzaa adaibeku rekhina afamed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by LZAA: 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
immhotep:

grin grin grin
Igbo domination tinz
Gwarotango wee avoid this thread

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by slimderek(m): 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ikenna0b:

Interesting report. Awolowo was equally the pioneer of the rigging in Niggeria's elections yet, for long now people have been blaming the Northerners for that. The Northerners may have perfected it but, they were not the initial start up. Rather interesting reveal. Thank God for the creation of the internet. I wish the video was longer, I would have loved to hear what he was about to say regarding the description the BBC gave it.

Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woQ0KcAeVWE

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by SamNaijaboy: 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2019
Actually I’m more like this: grin

immhotep:

1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
Actually I’m more like this: grin

And you are one of those waiting for Change abi grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by ElsonMorali: 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ikenna0b:

[s]I don't recall a time when Igbo Catholics complained about Igbo Anglicans getting leadership position. I don't recall anytime Igbo Catholics cried to a president to focus on giving just igbo Catholics lead position. I can't say the same for you Afonja. First go cry on Muric page on them fighting for Yoruba Muslim and asking Buhari to appoint more Yoruba Muslim instead of decieving yourselves of a so called Catholics/Anglican conflict with no bearing to back una nonsense up. Swerve nigga[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Staro: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
It appears leaders then were better educated.
If you listen to Tafawa Balewa, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo and Odumegwu Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by stieyven(m): 12:17am On Aug 10, 2019
Success1020:

Afonjas are naturally insecure. Even Luggard talked about it... he has never met a people as insecure and self centered as Afonjas. I don't know of any sensible Igbo or even SS that likes to deal with afonjas. Even in abroad, they know we don't like to associate with them! I don't even let my kids around them. I'll let my kids around Hausa-Fulani before afonja. Why? As one Nairalander put it "Hausa-Fulani only fear Igbo's domination but they have zero jealousy or envy for Igbos. But Afonjas not only fear Igbo domination, they envy Igbos with passion. Envy is deadly, someone can kill you because of envy." These people are naturally wicked; they don't know God and God has never known them!
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by jafol(m): 2:46am On Aug 10, 2019
Ikenna0b:

Our ancestors saw them for who they are. If you read Igbo history, they rarely rarely engaged Afonjas even in communities where both actually went to trade aka Benin. Our ancestors, although had very little engagement, avoided them like a plague incomparison to other tribes. Now, when you see the shit behaviors of Afonja and the level of wickedness, evilness and hatred they display towards Igbo, it shows that our ancestors were right to stay the hell away from them. The fucking British bleeped that up and may they rot in hell for that. May Lord Luggard and any person that helped him create this shithole rot in hell. Likewise, may Zik also rot in hell for being too ignorant to see the evil he's associating his people with. He's pan African mentality was his blindness. I'm all for African unity, shit I support that to the T and even fight for it but definitely not a unity with Afonja. Those people have shown their true colors more than once and they are fucking demons as they are nicknamed.
Wait abeg who want a unity with u igbos. Shut up n face Hausas that killed u like chicken

4 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by jafol(m): 2:52am On Aug 10, 2019
NkayStory:

Back-stabbing in an overdose...I blame your Igbo wife stuupid enough to marry you a yorubaman..Ignore yorubas,some of my Igbo sisters will not hear..

See how you are gossiping and bad-mouthing your in-laws on Nairaland...

She is not here to hear your nonsense,but you will be exposed doon...Marry yoursisters,No!...Always running after Igbo ladies like mpkis with your ugly faces

God has finally opened his antitribalism eyes to see that even the Igbo he married is actually the ones benefiting from him not the other way. I think igbos now give away their daughters to destroy the Yoruba family. I have seen a lot of broken family ties due to this until God open their eyes

4 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by jafol(m): 3:05am On Aug 10, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
Firstly,
When you lost in the arguments you turned to personal attacks. That I married wrongly or rightlysmiley from your tribe does not somehow make me blind to faults from your tribe. I don’t have to condone bad behavior because I married your daughter. Like that makes me be inducted into some secret cult where what I see wrong I should just take it like that.
I think Igbos sincerely think when they marry their daughter off to you they are somehow doing you a favor. You pay through the roof to marry her and you now become an ATM for them to exploit at any turn.
Your daughters are NO better than the next Ijaw or Cross River or Yoruba or Akwa Ibom or Jukun girl, okay? If anything they are overly expensive to marry and disloyal once there is no ego for her family etc. You would think after all that money spent marrying them would at least be nice and loyal. Maybe there is something to the saying that the best things in life are free (or next to free) after all smiley
So why the noise about loyalty as if when I married her I swore to a cult.
Beta male? This is a faceless forum so let’s leave it at that. Just to let you know, if you haven’t guessed from my writing: I got all As in both my WAEC exams and went to an Ivy League school in the US. The Igbo girl I married was mainly because of pressure from my mom to marry a Nigerian. Previously all I dated were Brazilian, Latina, etc. And we all cool. No wahala until her people.
I handle myself well to all people including the increasingly annoying Igbos

Brother better divorce her fast if possible she go carry ur matter for her village people. My family experience this from an uncouth Igbo girl that insulted my Yoruba mother. That was the last straw for my brother. She was rude , doesn’t even cook but hired an Igbo housemaid ( domination tactics) to cook, tried to disunify the family but she failed and we send her ass back to her village or family. If u see a Yoruba man with Igbo, not all that glitters is gold, my brothers most time are financing them n their family. They have all device a way to make yorubas pay back. Look at all yorubas married to them you will know it’s the Yoruba man they r all benefiting from

3 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by BaaleOko: 3:19am On Aug 10, 2019
laudate:

Oga, you are the one who actually fails to understand the difference between an individual opinion expressed by SOMEBODY, which is why you quoted the Edo staff's comments, to support your jaundiced view, and stereotypes. undecided

The Edo staff you quoted mentioned that Yorubas are sneaky, and you took his or her word as the gospel truth, which was why you repeated his/her words to validate your stories about how badly you were treated by those women sad

A few women gossiped about you in your company, and you took it to mean that was how all Yorubas behaved. It is the kind of bad stereotyping you have just done, that makes the rest of us non-Yorubas look bad in the sight of those southwestern people. undecided

So are you trying to imply that Igbos in a company dominated by Yoruba people, would never gossip about their Yoruba boss, in the way those women did about you? Of course, they would. sad

So stop using the activities of a few women to paint every member of their tribe, in a bad light.

Anyway, wetin concern me? Na so una dey do. Oya, let those who want to continue badmouthing each other, continue ... cheesy
*SIGH* I don't have time to waste explaining myself to you, I simply pointed out how my Yoruba staffs were culpable for breaching company policies by introducing disgusting tribalism (it wasn't just Igbos that were complaining, most of my Non-Nigerian staffs also did on several occasions), the usual stereotype about Nigerians been too loud, rude, and haughty were reinforced by Nigerians, majority of whom were Yorubas. Once again use your brain, the Edo guy who complained to me didn't generalize all yorubas as bad and uncouth, he only made a point of the tribalistic tendencies of many of the Yoruba staffs towards Non-yorubas. You don't know me, my relationship with Yorubas or my views about them so don't come here and make silly innuendos cause you don't know me dude.

On a side note (not that it matters anyway cause your antecedents of facetious bias is an open book here), why are you accusing me of been jaundiced in my views about Yorubas? Why are you not condemning the Yorubas here who are also guilty of ethnic baiting and stereotyping Igbos negatively? Your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens mate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by BaaleOko: 3:25am On Aug 10, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
This thing too pain you bro.
No be existential thing now.
Hackneyed-that’s UK most likely.
Okay your Igbo sister is the best thing since sliced bread. Happy now? grin
Geez take it easy oh

N.B I wish I could tell you what God has accomplished through me and what more he has in store. Leave that and let’s draw the curtain here.
And it’s this dunce not these dunce. cheesy

SMH, guy go get some pvssy, you are evidently another mama boy basement dwelling virgin/loser with a falsely accentuated sense of worth. I'm not pained one bit mate trust me... I just feel pity for you, have yourself a good day... And extend my sympathy to your imaginary Igbo wife cheesy

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by BaaleOko: 3:32am On Aug 10, 2019
jafol:

Brother better divorce her fast if possible she go carry ur matter for her village people. My family experience this from an uncouth Igbo girl that insulted my Yoruba mother. That was the last straw for my brother. She was rude , doesn’t even cook but hired an Igbo housemaid ( domination tactics) to cook, tried to disunify the family but she failed and we send her ass back to her village or family. If u see a Yoruba man with Igbo, not all that glitters is gold, my brothers most time are financing them n their family. They have all device a way to make yorubas pay back. Look at all yorubas married to them you will know it’s the Yoruba man they r all benefiting from
Lmaoooo see this broke aSS clown, oya leave the Igbo girl and go settle with one of your dirty looking yoruba sisters now? Abi e hard you? typical day in the office for another poverty stricken idiot... I bet the Igbo girl is the one feeding your wretched family members, it's no secret Yoruba families are the most broken in Nigeria, the men can't provide for the family and just sleep with anything in skirt, leaving an impoverished family uncatered for. I grew up among your people long enough to know how fuccked up your family structures are. A typical Igbo man will NEVER see his family beg or suffer, check the average Yoruba and Igbo family structure in Nigeria, it won't need any shred of oversight to see which one is better cared for, protected, and provided for adequately.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by laudate: 3:50am On Aug 10, 2019
BaaleOko:
*SIGH* I don't have time to waste explaining myself to you, I simply pointed out how my Yoruba staffs were culpable for breaching company policies by introducing disgusting tribalism (it wasn't just Igbos that were complaining, most of my Non-Nigerian staffs also did on several occasions), the usual stereotype about Nigerians been too loud, rude, and haughty were reinforced by Nigerians, majority of whom were Yorubas. Once again use your brain, the Edo guy who complained to me didn't generalize all yorubas as bad and uncouth, he only made a point of the tribalistic tendencies of many of the Yoruba staffs towards Non-yorubas. You don't know me, my relationship with Yorubas or my views about them so don't come here and make silly innuendos cause you don't know me dude.

On a side note (not that it matters anyway cause your antecedents of facetious bias is an open book here), why are you accusing me of been jaundiced in my views about Yorubas? Why are you not condemning the Yorubas here who are also guilty of ethnic baiting and stereotyping Igbos negatively? Your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens mate.

No one is accusing you of bring jaundiced towards Yorubas, because there is no need for them to do so, since your posts and comments clearly show your prejudice against them. undecided

So why are you trying to deny it now? Right from your very first post, you complained about the Yoruba women who spoke in their language in your workplace, and ascribed it to tribalism.

Have you forgotten you said this?
BaaleOko:
.....When the line was crossed was when tribalism was introduced to my agency courtesy of yorubas, your people were most culpable for some of the most disgusting actions that definitely broke the scale of professional tolerance... and I noticed these insecurities were most profound around and towards the Igbo staffs, calling Igbos "Awon ajaokuta ma mo mi" "Awon Okoro" when bonding together in their clannish sessions was the deal breaker for me... when I had it up to my neck was when some idiot started to ask her Co-staff in Yoruba why an Igbo boy was in charge... the b1tch didn't know I overheard her, plus I unfortunately for her understood Yoruba very well... that became the beginning of her many nightmares to come until she quit, or in more succinct terms "got written up and fired".

Then you used the remarks of a faceless Edo staff of yours', who said they were sneaky to validate the distaste you have for them. You even said in your own words that "it is official." sad

You also gleefully described how you got those women's infractions written up, and they were sacked. undecided

Now, you are coming in here to say: "You don't know me, my relationship with Yorubas or my views about them so don't come here and make silly innuendos...." Guy, are you for real? After all you said openly about them in your previous posts? shocked Everyone can see clearly how much you detest them!

The only hypocrisy on this board is oozing out of your keyboard, because you are so riled that support for your anti-Yoruba views, is not coming from all angles, including mine. undecided

Don't worry, some members of your clan, will soon step in to give you the support you need, if that will make you happy. cheesy

Guy, kindly do me a favour and save your illogical responses for folks like you who fail to understand that the good, the bad, and the ugly exist in each and every tribe or ethnic group, both in the workplace and outside it. angry

Like I pointed out to you earlier, if the shoe had been on the other foot, and those women were Igbo in a Yoruba dominated work environment, they would have done the same thing. sad

Now, kindly take your good self out of my mentions, if that is not too much to ask, and direct your epistles at someone else. Thank you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Awoist(m): 4:46am On Aug 10, 2019
I still don't understand why people are saying Awolowo introduced tribalism to Nigerian polity. In the early life of a multi ethnic nation, every tribe is ruled by their own person. So the yorubas should have allowed Zik to rule them or what.
See to me anybody pointing accusing finger here is a tribalist. We are different tribe with different interest so this things are bound to happen. And when Zik betrayed Awolowo, I could have viewed that too as tribalism but no he did what he had to at the time.
This whole tribal arguement and stuff is only a proof that we are not ready to grow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Topsic70: 6:26am On Aug 10, 2019
amuwo1980:
Nigeria really done bad to the black man, the british used the north and its lackey the west to hold down Nigeria since day one , the genocide against the igbos roils mu mind this moment , am so angry and will will redouble my efforts to bring about the end of Nigeria in whatever little way that I can
....and DT is d summary of why u'll never be handed d key to the car u so desperately want to crash
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Topsic70: 7:34am On Aug 10, 2019
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Topsic70: 7:36am On Aug 10, 2019
Guestlander:

It beats my imagination they would even talk of tribalism. What audacity! Who gave all the votes to zik in the first place, were they not Yoruba j?
These people have a very strange way of thinking.

YorubaHero12:
The demented tribe blaming Awolowo again. How a whole people could be so useless still remain a mystery to me.

The foolishness in Igbos should be a research for centuries to come.

Herbert Macaulay created a party and made Azikwe his vice. After his death Azikwe took over.

Azikwe in his stupidity saw Igbos as premier for the eastern region, Fulanis as premier for Northern region, but still chose to contest for the slot of premier for western region.

Ask yourself, if it were to be Awolowo that wanted to be the premier of eastern region will the Igbo accept?

The Saraduna already captured the greediness of the Igbos in full when he made the video that circulated some while ago, the Igbos are greedy and have a penchant to always dominate everywhere in any crook way they can use.

The Yorubas are to blame, had it been we have the same mindset as the north, Azikwe would have been murdered in cold blood the the very first time he brought up the idea to contest for the western premiership seat.

You dare not do that shit to the northerners.
The average igboman will take offense at u for killing his chicken as a reprisal for him killing your horse.

5 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by iJhoe(m): 8:07am On Aug 10, 2019
You can argue this all day for all you care. The last time i checked, good strata of people were blaiming Hausas for the problems and disunity, at other times, it was the Igbos and now, the narrative has been etched upon the Yorubas. It adsurdly funny that these arguments are unending. There is nothing more dishearthening than seeing us-youths arguing and pushing narratives that transcend against our growth and development. Until we value and embrace the spirit of togetherness, we would continually see our existence as a fluke while blaming others for our woes and failures. With our smidgen differences take America for instance, there are Latino-America, Indian-America, Asian-America, Mexican-American and the famed Black-AMERICAN which America so far has blended well to forge good growth economically, technologically and in every of her endeavours. The mannerism and display at which most youths flagrantly dispose this fluidity shit that one tribes cause the problems and the other tribes just have to endure. It practically solves nothing but brood hatred disunity and discord in our polity. We cant be pieces-fit. Until of course we accept we are one only then do we begin to see the change we desire.

Take a wild quess, think of more of what we stand to gain, it matters to you at all than we are loosing.

Stop the baseless arguments people, lets focus to see how things will move forward, rather than focusing on past that brought us to this momentary woes.
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by olisaEze(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
I’m sorry to say but you are clueless.
Awolowo was not the tribalistic one. Zik actually was.
Let me take you to school a little:
Your question was what would have prompted West people to vote Azikiwe and not Awolowo? The West voted NCNC the party they started with Herbert Macaulay as founder. Herbert Macaulay, a Yoruba, was the head and without any tribalism gave Zik the party leadership when he died. The NCNC was the biggest party then. Won in the East and the West. There was no Midwest yet then. Ojukwu is mixing timelines here. However Zik should have left the West for the Yorubas that founded the party. However he wanted to rule from Lagos, being the capital. Which was in the West. Hence wanted to be premier in the West as well. This would have led to a situation where Igbos were ruling in both including the West where the Yorubas that founded the party were.
Of course that was not acceptable to the Yorubas. If you are wondering why that was not acceptable, would you found something and then because your founder died and a “foreigner” was leader, abdicate all rights to even your own land?
Isn’t the right to rule your own land what Igbos and Yorubas are clamoring for now and hating the Fulani herdsmen for trampling up and down? So that is a basic want of a people? Self-determination and self-representation?
Ask yourself, why didn’t Zik offer the Western region to the Yoruba deputy Akinsanya instead of trying to be greedy for his own tribe?
Only a greedy person would want everything to be in his tribe’s favor but that seems okay to most Igbos since they appear to be very greedy.
The Yorubas voted along party lines and voted NCNC, their party they founded. It took Awolowo to convince them overnight that Zik was greedy and they voted with their feet. I’m sure convincing them must have been easy since Zik had in 1949 at an Igbo National Congress speech said the God of Igbo had destined them to dominate Nigeria and Africa. If Zik had given the premiership to a Yoruba man, NCNC would have won the West.
The problem was Zik who saw nothing wrong with putting an Igbo man as premier of the East and then an Igbo man as premier of the West despite the fact that a Yoruba man founded the party and he inherited it from a Yoruba man. He had no sense of justice and fairness and was rightly put in his place

This attitude is exactly why the yorubas can’t be trusted by any other tribe that deals with them, especially the easterners. The NCNC had Herbert Macaulay as its 1st president and Nnamdi Azikiwe as its 1st Secretary. That it was formed in Lagos doesn’t make it a Yoruba party.

The NCNC was made up of a rather long list of nationalist parties, cultural associations, and labor movements that joined to form NCNC. The party at the time was the second to take a concerted effort to create a true nationalist party.

It embraced different sets of groups from the religious, to tribal and to trade groups! It wasn’t a Yoruba party, but typical of little minded individuals, that idea is what is being paraded upandan like that is what the founding members contributed their blood & sweat for!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Topsic70: 8:12am On Aug 10, 2019
YorubaHero12:

I know you guys have sub-optimal level of thinking but I will try to give you redemption. Ojukwu was the liar who was trying to makes sure he defame Awolowo coz he knew his people can believe anything.

Attached is the picture when gowon release Awolowo. And if you deny again I will give you the reference to what transpired that day.

The Igbos tried getting what they cannot get in a civil way with the gun and they are dealt with. You guys are the genesis of Nigeria problem coz of the useless coup you carried out on the leaders of the other regions.

Azikwe and the Igbos formed government with the northerners at the expense of the south and you still came here to say the Yorubas are the betrayers? Such a depravity!
I have a video where Biafra is surrending to Gowon, I literally decipher from the discussion between Gowon and Effiong that Ojukwu knew the war will be genocide but he does not care about the death of the Igbos.

The bigots killed the leaders of the north and west but conveniently 'forgot' to touch any of theirs. It was awo's incarceration that saved him from d ''revolutionalust's" bullet.
Yet they are unrepentant even till today. Given the chance, they'll repeat d scenario without bating an eyelid!

6 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Topsic70: 8:17am On Aug 10, 2019
naijalander:
And they will still deny it wasn't an Igbo coup even though those who benefited the most from the coup were either Igbo or Igbo speaking.

Their golden boy Zik just happened to be on "extended" vacation when it happened.

Awon ole!

Lols, u are going to far sef. The northern and western premier were respectively killed in d north and west while the eastern premier - Michael Opara, residing in their backyard (east) was untouched. Yet they are still the same ppl crying bushbaby-like about nepotism/tribalism and betrayals

4 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by alexvatt(m): 9:02am On Aug 10, 2019
YorubaHero12:

I’m telling you bro. Even the Igbos in this forum could call anyone they have here working in a corporate settings and ask them about the number of professionals working in corporate America, they will tell you the Yorubas dominate.

Last year the NSBE (National society of black engineers) did their national convention in Pittsburgh, PA, majority of the interviewers and resume reviewers for companies are Yoruba then (because it’s a black dominated conference, it’s usually dominated by foreign black guys). Infact you can approach people with Yoruba coz everyone got some name tag around their neck, so it’s easy to know the person.

Forget about all the feeling of comparison the Igbos always project about being equal to us, it’s all a hoax. Yorubas just don’t like bragging over those things coz we have seen it as the norm.

Any Igbo on her can verify all this fact with their fa getmilies here to confirm all these I’m saying.
U are very correct Bros. We Yorubas have what it takes to dominate.

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by coolitempa(f): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2019
alexvatt:
U are very correct Bros. We Yorubas have what it takes to dominate.

tongue
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by T9ksy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2019
Awoist:
I still don't understand why people are saying Awolowo introduced tribalism to Nigerian polity. In the early life of a multi ethnic nation, every tribe is ruled by their own person. So the yorubas should have allowed Zik to rule them or what.
See to me anybody pointing accusing finger here is a tribalist. We are different tribe with different interest so this things are bound to happen. And when Zik betrayed Awolowo, I could have viewed that too as tribalism but no he did what he had to at the time.
This whole tribal arguement and stuff is only a proof that we are not ready to grow.

@ bolded........their matter tire me, too!!!

More than 6 decades after, they are still whinning that the yorubas- their adversary - refused their leader the opportunity to rule over us!!!

Why does an ibo man want to manage the affairs of his enemy-the yorubas? It's like as if their only hope of development lies solely in ruling over the yorubas. An they call it, tribalism.

Even when we all possess the luxury of hindsight which evidently shows us that, it was a right move by the yorubas as Awo did for the yorubas what zik was unable to provide for his own electorate. Yet they are still wailin' an' ballin' about it. It must have (and still) hurt them to their cunning bone marrows that the yorubas didn't allow them to "dominate" the former in his own region.

What a shameless mischievous lot!!1

3 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by laudate: 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2019
Awoist:
When Zik went to the East, and asked Eyo Ita a Calabar man, to vacate the seat of Premier of the Eastern region for him, if the Calabar people had interpreted it as tribalism, what would Zik's supporters have done?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by BaaleOko: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2019
laudate:

No one is accusing you of bring jaundiced towards Yorubas, because there is no need for them to do so, since your posts and comments clearly show your prejudice against them. undecided

So why are you trying to deny it now? Right from your very first post, you complained about the Yoruba women who spoke in their language in your workplace, and ascribed it to tribalism.

Have you forgotten you said this?

Then you used the remarks of a faceless Edo staff of yours', who said they were sneaky to validate the distaste you have for them. You even said in your own words that "it is official." sad

You also gleefully described how you got those women's infractions written up, and they were sacked. undecided

Now, you are coming in here to say: "You don't know me, my relationship with Yorubas or my views about them so don't come here and make silly innuendos...." Guy, are you for real? After all you said openly about them in your previous posts? shocked Everyone can see clearly how much you detest them!

The only hypocrisy on this board is oozing out of your keyboard, because you are so riled that support for your anti-Yoruba views, is not coming from all angles, including mine. undecided

Don't worry, some members of your clan, will soon step in to give you the support you need, if that will make you happy. cheesy

Guy, kindly do me a favour and save your illogical responses for folks like you who fail to understand that the good, the bad, and the ugly exist in each and every tribe or ethnic group, both in the workplace and outside it. angry

Like I pointed out to you earlier, if the shoe had been on the other foot, and those women were Igbo in a Yoruba dominated work environment, they would have done the same thing. sad

Now, kindly take your good self out of my mentions, if that is not too much to ask, and direct your epistles at someone else. Thank you.

Read old man read!!! That's fundamental to these whole back and forth discourse. cool, did you skip the part in my part where I emphasized where lots of Yorubas in my company had the proclivity of not only breaking company policy by overly speaking their Iocal dialects in a culturally diverse environment( I NEVER and I repeat for your slow wits to understand, NEVER said I had a problem with anyone speaking their language) Firstly understand the premise of why it wasn't allowed (company policy), and then throw in the ethnic bashing factor which I ALSO mentioned and made clear I was a victim of (overheard a staff addressing me as "Omo Aja okuta Ma mi), which every Nigerian knows is a derogatory way Yorubas use on Igbos. Like what's there not to fuccking understand you dunce?? It's funny how you're conveniently overlooking the disgusting attitudes of the yoruba staffs who unabashedly insulted me cause of my ethnicity, or the fact that other staffs who weren't even Nigerians always complained to me of how uncomfortable they felt as well. Dude I'm some trying to make sense to your dumb aSS.... Now what have you to say about the Yorubas who are also more or less insulting my tribe on here? are you suddenly gone blind to that part as well? You're a well known Igbophobic piece of garbage anyway, your archives of bias against Igbos on here are well known( I've observed how you are quick to take sides against Igbos even when they are been attacked) I have my doubts that you are not Yoruba as you claimed here... But that's inconsequential to me anyway. I won't even waste my time explaining anything to you, I stand against tribalism in my workforce, and any more Yoruba or anybody for that matter who bring that crude Nigerian tribalism nonsense will be promptly terminated from working at my agency, I have such power thanks to God to get rid of filth, now sue me you idiot.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by laudate: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
BaaleOko:
I'm been accused of been jaundiced, cool, could care less... Now what have you to say about the Yorubas who are also more or less insulting my tribe on here? are you suddenly gone blind to that part as well? You're a well known Igbophobic piece of garbage anyway, you archives of bias against Igbos on here are here for all to preen, so you are the least scum to even dare call me out for been whatever tag your irrelevant self deems it for to call me. I won't even waste my time explaining anything to you, I stand against tribalism in my workforce, and any more Yoruba or anybody for that matter who bring that crude Nigerian tribalism nonsense will be promptly terminated from working at my agency, I have such power thanks to God to get rid of filth, now sue me.

Hehehe....look at this tribalistic bigot saying he stands against tribalism in the workplace...?! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Agba Jalingo Granted Bail / Evil People And Ghosts Polluted My Office – Lagos PDP Chairman / Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.