Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) (14565 Views)

Victor Banjo Was Killed By Ojukwu Because He Spoke Yoruba With Awolowo / Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen / Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Young man you think all this is a joke? I just showed you an undeniable evidence and that made you speechless. You CAN NEVER deny a truth that is evident.

The best thing for you to do now to save your fellow ignorant Igbos is to go on the street of Aba with the picture of Gowon releasing Awolowo on your chest and tell your people Ikemba Ojukwu lied to them.

You, Ojukwu, Kanu all thrive and live with propaganda and you’ll always be put in your place by sane minds.

I just saved you from further disgrace and humiliation.

I don't empower lies, I deflate it by laughing it off knowing fully well is an old conjecture of Ibadan express news.

6 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

At least try to write in paragraphs so it will be easy to understand.

At least try and wail/cry in someone else mention if I'm not taking to you demon.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Guestlander: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
gidgiddy:

The above is not what I'm talking about. There is this narrative that Zik opposed a secession clause in the constitution and that's why it was never entered the constitution

My simple question to people who share notion this is simple. How is it possible that one man, Zik, managed to stop something everybody else wanted, from becoming law?

Zik had only one vote. How did one vote become more important than the vote of the majority? That is not possible

Zik may have been against secession clause, be he is not the reason it never became law

It was at the constitutional conference in London before independence. The three regions had to decide whether to accept or reject it. The Leaders of the north obviously was against it leaving the two other regions from the south to decide whether to include it or reject it. The eastern delegation led by Zik then aligned with the northern delegation to reject it.
I didn't make this up, read about it in the history books. Don't listen to uncle Chidi, he never read any book in his life.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

This honour abi....lolzzz

Obafemi Awolowo (1909-1987) remains the only Nigerian with the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) title, the highest in the country, that was never a President.

What a shame.

The North and east made sure he never became the president coz he was in the opposition.

Infact, it shows the level of respect the government had for Awolowo to even give him the highest honor of GCFR even without being a president.

He was even on the Nigerian currency note (#100) before they deem it fit to put Azikwe who was a former president.

You are just giving me more evidence as to why Awolowo was greater than all your tribesmen combined.

If you were to be a lawyer you will always lose your case in court coz talking about Awolowo GCFR just validates the fact that he is greater and more recognized.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

At least try and wail/cry in someone else mention if I'm not taking to you demon.

This is a public forum and writing without paragraph will constitute a strain on people’s brain. I just corrected you devoid of insult but you chose to bring out the innate hatred in you.

What does it profit you to write all that point and people can’t even read it coz of the composition?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by SamNaijaboy: 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
How can I argue with this fellow with near zero intellectual ability. Counter the specific points I made about civilization and wars and the timeline, you are reverting to circular speech.
You may see yourselves as inferior to the Europeans but I do not. They were faster in organizing and technology by virtue of the harsh environment they were which forced them to innovate and therefore had a head start on us all, but that’s about it
Like I said I’m out.
Enjoy!

Ikenna0b:

Yorubas are like Europeans grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Isn't that the level of pure hallucinations and delusions I don't know what is. Honestly, I'm not even shocked. I recall few years agos some Afonjas on this forum were saying that Jesus was from Abeokwuta so I'm not even shocked. I keep saying it Afonjas are clans of schizophrenics and I've yet to have an Afonja disprove my hypothesis. Y'all are mentally deranged as it can get. First of all you reported that Igbos that didn't expand their kingdom through violence as dominating while you Afonjas who did as "Europeans" is too comical to say the least. Do you realize how illogical and incoherent you sound? Secondly, The European influence is found all over the world even in the most backwards state in the entire fucking world and they did not out of luck. The same can't be said about Afonjas. You culture expanded to the South America through out of fucking luck as Afonjas were the last slaves to arrive to South America before it was abolished thus, all the slaves sissy there who were beaten to forget their culture absorbed the only African culture that just arrived out of their desperation to reconnect back into their African identity. Just like the still do till this very day. As we all know African American, Caribbeans, African Britian, Afro Latinos, etcs are fascinated and copy any African culture they see, irrespectively to what tribe it comes from, due to their desperation to connect to their "roots" as some of them says. Outside of that, your culture is found only where the Bleep you lots are located at. To even equate Afonjas in the level of Europeans is extremely extremely EXTREMELY hilarious. I swear they need to put mental providers all over Afonja land. Una are mentally deranged as it can get.

No, demons are used to describe your behaviors of evil. Afonjas are the ones decieving themselves is because una break hearts. You people are called demons for way more but whatever makes una sleep at night is okay hence, noone corrects una attempt to clean out the meaning of the name we gave y'all. You're called demons due to una devilish behaviors.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by googi: 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikennaob,

Go read about Africans before Columbus in America and show respect.

That is your assignment for today.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by BaaleOko: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Good one. Can you in all authority tell us the percentage of Yorubas or Igbos in your organization?

The Igbos are savages who always envy a fellow man, even their own. The Yorubas have learnt to put the Igbos in their place and I’m happy the liberal ones among us are starting to see the devil in the Igbos for what they truly are.

For your info, I’m also in the states tho in a different industry. So I know everything about the demographics and behavior of the Igbos in diaspora.
I can't speak for all the Igbos in the US, neither can I account for them. I can only speak for my OWN ORGANIZATION, I'm among the relatively few Nigerians in the top administrative hierarchy in the company I work for, so it's irrefutably significant to note that I can speak only from my personal experience with your peoole(just as much as you can from your personal end). Your people are very toxic, extremely clannish and uncouth, it was always company policy for staffs not to speak in any local dialect while at work, especially when working with other staffs from various ethnic/racial backgrounds (I'm talking about other Africans, Mexicans, Whites, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, Asians), until our Nigerian people as usual (especially Yorubas) came in and ruined everything, literally turning everything upside down with their crude and very irritating mannerisms (which EVERYBODY complained about). It wasn't even so much that they infringed on company standard policy by speaking in local dialects while on shift, and I even as a Nigerian tried to cover their aSSes from getting fired cause other staffs were ready to report them to top managers... I always came in for the agency I worked for and saved those idiots from losing their jobs. When the line was crossed was when tribalism was introduced to my agency courtesy of yorubas, your people were most culpable for some of the most disgusting actions that definitely broke the scale of professional tolerance... and I noticed these insecurities were most profound around and towards the Igbo staffs, calling Igbos "Awon ajaokuta ma mo mi" "Awon Okoro" when bonding together in their clannish sessions was the deal breaker for me... when I had it up to my neck was when some idiot started to ask her Co-staff in Yoruba why an Igbo boy was in charge... the b1tch didn't know I overheard her, plus I unfortunately for her understood Yoruba very well... that became the beginning of her many nightmares to come until she quit, or in more succinct terms "got written up and fired".

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 4:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
How can I argue with this fellow with near zero intellectual ability. Counter the specific points I made about civilization and wars and the timeline, you are reverting to circular speech.
Like I said I’m out.
Enjoy!

You reported Igbos mentality is to dominate those around them I inform you of history that display the actual dominating tribe of Niggeria aka AFONJA. Inability to defend your illogical nonsense you spewed earlier, you resulted to comparing idiots slaughtering themselves to damn near extinction that their Obas literally wrote to another group to come and colonize them as equivalent to Europeans. Not only did you spew illogical nonsense, you became a comedy when facts was displayed to your face.

Throughout history you lots have always been the dominating tribe of Africa utilizing every violent and also conniving ways you can think of to try and spread your nonsense. Ironically, till this very una still do it. After-all, let's look at Niggeria. Your Awolowo did a 360 during the Biafra war when Gowon offered the greedy bastard the presidency role of the shithole. Let's switch to recently, you demons attempted to overrun GEJ administration and when he didn't give you the avenue, una screamed Marginalization and brought in the most incompetent man on Earth deceiving yourselves you can easily control him. When you couldn't, you resulted to revolutionnow in attempt to revolt against him. Why did all this play out? Out of your greed to be in control aka dominating. Always makes me laugh when you schizophrenic label yourselves as "intellectual" just as una decieve yourselves as being "sophisticated and liberals". grin grin Demons with schizophrenia.

9 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by nisai: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
gurnam:

The movement in demographics simply put a lie to this rubbish
I tire oooo

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
BaaleOko:

I can't speak for all the Igbos in the US, neither can I account for them. I can only speak for my OWN ORGANIZATION, I'm among the relatively few Nigerians in the top administrative hierarchy in the company I work for, so it's irrefutably significant to note that I can speak only from my personal experience with your peoole(just as much as you can from your personal end). Your people are very toxic, extremely clannish and uncouth, it was always company policy for staffs not to speak in any local dialect while at work, especially when working with other staffs from various ethnic/racial backgrounds (I'm talking about other Africans, Mexicans, Whites, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, Asians), until our Nigerian people as usual (especially Yorubas) came in and ruined everything, literally turning everything upside down with their crude and very irritating mannerisms (which EVERYBODY complained about). It wasn't even so much that they infringed on company standard policy by speaking in local dialects while on shift, and I even as a Nigerian tried to cover their aSSes from getting fired cause other staffs were ready to report them to top managers... I always came in for the agency I worked for and saved those idiots from losing their jobs. When the line was crossed was when tribalism was introduced to my agency courtesy of yorubas, your people were most culpable for some of the most disgusting actions that definitely broke the scale of professional tolerance... and I noticed these insecurities were most profound around and towards the Igbo staffs, calling Igbos "Awon ajaokuta ma mo mi" "Awon Okoro" when bonding together in their clannish sessions was the deal breaker for me... when I had it up to my neck was when some idiot started to ask her Co-staff in Yoruba why an Igbo boy was in charge... the b1tch didn't know I overheard her, plus I unfortunately for her understood Yoruba very well... that became the beginning of her many nightmares to come until she quit, or in more succinct terms "got written up and fired".

Lol, seems you don’t understand corporate America.

The Indians are the most professionals in the IT industry and they dominate all USA companies IT workforce. Should I burst your brain? They all speak Hindi at the workplace and even the Americans already accepted them the way they can. This is a truth that cannot be denied!

Go to Visa, Apple, Intel, Infosys, SAP, Microsoft, IBM e.t.c, the Indians dominate and they most time speak their language in the midst of other colleagues.

The Yorubas are people with proud culture and always make sure they speak their language especially when they are around their own. Sometimes I drive 1hr 30minutes to my friends place just because I want to speak Yoruba for you to know how deep we are into the language.

I actually doubt your postulation that a US agency will ask people to not speak their language because the USA ideology is based on tolerance and free will.

Also, what is bad in the Yoruba speaking their language among themselves? Did they communicate with other nationals in Yoruba or what exactly is the problem here ?

Actually the Igbos are the one that envy and have the mindset of comparison with their fellow Nigerian anywhere they are.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Stingman: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
Bofoy4:
Igbo's are criminals arrogant and rogues, here in uyo there are fraudsters and thiefs

They hate other tribes with passion

They see others as war saboteurs
In Thiers place they hardly sells land to foreigners

We calabar people are always very careful of them,

Anambra men do marry our sisters and use them for money rituals

MBOK mbio calabar to us the Yoruba and Hausa's are better cos there are humble peaceful and sincere

Afonja liar...

Nigerian jailed 90 years in US for fathering six children with own daughters

An award-winning Nigerian music director, Aswad Ayinde, found guilty of fathering children with his daughters will spend the rest of his life in jail.

According to Mail Online, Ayinde, 55, of Paterson, New Jersey, United States, was sentenced to 50 years in prison on Friday after being found guilty in the second of five expected trials in which he is accused of repeatedly raping his six daughters, resulting in six children being fathered.

Mr. Ayinde was found guilty in his latest trial of having intercourse with a daughters when she was as young as eight-years-old. The second sentence adds to the 40 year sentence Mr Ayinde received in a 2011 trial for sexually assaulting a separate daughter.

Mr. Ayinde is known for directing the music video for the Fugees 1996 smash hit “Killing Me Softly.”

In a disturbing disclosure during his first trial, Mr. Ayinde’s former wife said he was trying to create a “pure family bloodline” by impregnating his daughters. He even claimed during a pre-trial hearing before the first trial that “the world was going to end, and it was just going to be him and his offspring and that he was chosen.”

In this latest trial, it was revealed that Mr. Ayinde began having intercourse with his second daughter from the time she eight-years-old, impregnating her four times.

The sexual assaults happened for almost 30 years until Mr. Ayinde and his wife separated, officials said. They occurred in numerous homes across northern New Jersey, even while the family was under watch of state child welfare officials, according to NBC New York. Some of the rapes even took place in an abandoned funeral home.

The family moving as far away as Florida to avoid investigation after case workers removed multiple children from the Ayinde household in 2000, resulting in Mr. Ayinde being arrested for kidnapping for trying to take them from state custody in a medical center, NBC New York reported.

He pleaded guilty to lesser charges and received a year’s probation – as he continued raping one daughter for at least another two years, according to officials.

The depraved father also beat and starved the girls using wooden boards and steel-toed boots for even “minor transgressions,” Ayinde’s wife testified at the first trial.

Some of the children Ayinde fathered with his daughters were born in the home, with at least two babies who died in the home having been buried without notifying authorities or obtaining birth certificates, NBC New York reported.

Ayinde’s tortured daughters were home schooled and isolated from other children, so as to keep the family secrets hidden, the station added.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

The North and east made sure he never became the president coz he was in the opposition.

Infact, it shows the level of respect the government had for Awolowo to even give him the highest honor of GCFR even without being a president.

He was even on the Nigerian currency note (#100) before they deem it fit to put Azikwe who was a former president.

You are just giving me more evidence as to why Awolowo was greater than all your tribesmen combined.

If you were to be a lawyer you will always lose your case in court coz talking about Awolowo GCFR just validates the fact that he is greater and more recognized.

Not even worth half a dollar....lolzzzzzz

Awolowo must be so cheap then.

8 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by SamNaijaboy: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
Keep to one storyline. Is it that we are a tribe that wants to dominate others hence have expansionist ambitions or are we a tribe that is insular and stay in our land without traveling?
Which one is it? Can’t have it both ways.
Also, which tribe plunged the country into war?
Which tribe did the minorities in the eastern region rebel against their leadership because of their domineering attitude? We had minorities in the West such as Ilaje, Okun, etc but have been one even till date
Which tribe doesn’t sit still at home and is always claiming to have developed someone else’s land and so should be allowed political representation?
Which tribe’s leader wanted to rule over another tribe’s region?
Which tribe’s leader stated that his tribe was appointed by God to dominate others?
Which tribe’s military killed others’ leaders while leaving theirs intact?
When you answer these questions you will have your answer which tribe is one of the domineering, war-monger tribe in Nigeria. The other is the Fulani. Note that the Yoruba wars you referred to were intra-tribal, not inter-tribal.
Bye for real this time

Ikenna0b:

You reported Igbos mentality is to dominate those around them I inform you of history that display the actual dominating tribe of Niggeria aka AFONJA. Inability to defend your illogical nonsense you spewed earlier, you resulted to comparing idiots slaughtering themselves to damn near extinction that their Obas literally wrote to another group to come and colonize them as equivalent to Europeans. Not only did you spew illogical nonsense, you became a comedy when facts was displayed to your face.

Throughout history you lots have always been the dominating tribe of Africa utilizing every violent and also conniving ways you can think of to try and spread your nonsense. Ironically, till this very una still do it. After-all, let's look at Niggeria. Your Awolowo did a 360 during the Biafra war when Gowon offered the greedy bastard the presidency role of the shithole. Let's switch to recently, you demons attempted to overrun GEJ administration and when he didn't give you the avenue, una screamed Marginalization and brought in the most incompetent man on Earth deceiving yourselves you can easily control him. When you couldn't, you resulted to revolutionnow in attempt to revolt against him. Why did all this play out? Out of your greed to be in control aka dominating. Always makes me laugh when you schizophrenic label yourselves as "intellectual" just as una decieve yourselves as being "sophisticated and liberals". grin grin Demons with schizophrenia.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
googi:
Ikennaob,

Go read about Africans before Columbus in America and show respect.

That is your assignment for today.

Who the Bleep told you I haven't read the rubbish that try to report the Incas, Aztec, Mayans, etc as "Africans". Noone denies the Africans made an impact prior to slavery but America was sure as hell not one of the area. South East Asia and Europe were the areas African played a role in prior to slavery. So nah nigga, I have no interest to read any more nonsense written by Inferiority induced negros that continuously attempt to steal the identity and contribution of the indigenous Americans ancestors.

10 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by duncun: 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by naijalander: 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
This is not even remotely true. Go and start your own port if you are serious. Lagos port did not start functioning in 1914.

duncun:
This here is one of the media propaganda yorubas sold to the minority tribes that breeded distrust among the old Eastern region.

Yorubas till today are still fighting to make sure the viable seaports and international airport remains only in sw.
The gang up is real..

5 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

The Indians are the most professionals in the IT industry and they dominate all USA companies IT workforce. Should I burst your brain? They all speak Hindi at the workplace and even the Americans already accepted them the way they can. This is a truth that cannot be denied!

Go to Visa, Apple, Intel, Infosys, SAP, Microsoft, IBM e.t.c, the Indians dominate and they most time speak their language in the midst of other colleagues.

The Yorubas are people with proud culture and always make sure they speak their language especially when they are around their own. Sometimes I drive 1hr 30minutes to my friends place just because I want to speak Yoruba for you to know how deep we are into the language.

I actually doubt your postulation that a US agency will ask people to not speak their language because the USA ideology is based on tolerance and free will.

Also, what is bad in the Yoruba speaking their language among themselves? Did they communicate with other nationals in Yoruba or what exactly is the problem here ?

Actually the Igbos are the one that envy and have the mindset of comparison with their fellow Nigerian anywhere they are.

Is obvious you Dy know what policy means.

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

At least you took to correction for writing in paragraphs now let me reply you even if you never quoted me!

You lot always use the English language to suit your narratives, sometimes you call the Yorubas cowards while sometimes you say we have a domineering mindset.

With respect to Oyo empire, the ideology then is about expansion and that is mainly due to the civilization at that age and time. Kingdoms must expand to show their dominance and the military might. The Igbos then don’t even have a coordinated military and are majorly uncivilized to even wage an expansion.

We’ve heard of several empires like the British, Greeks, ottoman, although the Oyo empire might not be strong like these but they tried in their aspect.

To the second point, it was actually Azikiwe that formed a coalition with the north at the expense of the south, he should rather be termed betrayer rather than Awolowo. Infact Awolowo had to fight with Akintola when he tried forming alliance with the north coz he knows what the northerners are capable of. I bet you don’t know this!!

Several Yorubas fought against the cabals when Jonathan was acting President to make him president and we also supported him in the majority in 2011 elections. Even Tinubu supported Jonathan even with the fact that the SW is ACN at that time. What did Jonathan use as a payback, he marginalized the Yorubas by listening to the Igbos.

Yorubas waited patiently till 2015 and removed him with the ballot. That’s what they call superiority, we don’t go about shouting or wailing, we simply restraint ourselves and make our voice heard through the ballot.

Well on the Buhari aspect, it’s a manifestation of the decadence of Nigeria political office holders, they are all the same. Buhari also turned out to be clueless but the decision to get him elected in 2015 was justified coz of the incessant killing by Boko Haram in the NE and the Chibok girls palaver.

The mighty Yoruba tribe has shown some form of intellectual superiority over other tribes in a nigeria and that is a fact. We have learnt to live as human being and not savages which explains the reason why the SW is the safest place in Nigeria and with the height tolerance of both religion and ethnicity.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
duncun:
This here is one of the media propaganda yorubas sold to the minority tribes that breeded distrust among the old Eastern region.

Yorubas till today are still fighting to make sure the viable seaports and international airport remains only in sw.
The gang up is real..

Lol, it is a self evident truth that the eastern region government are against the secession of the minorities led by Adaka Boro.

At least try to read and know your history before disgracing yourself online. The minorities in the eastern region wanted to break away but the Igbos made sure they frustrate them with everything they can to hold them in the union against their will.

Karma is a bitch, the same Igbos are wailing everyday to secede from Nigeria. Can you sight the cluelessness of the Igbos?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by BaaleOko: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Dude, It depends on the context. I have been in meetings where some of our Spanish speaking managers will start talking to each other in their native language. This is utterly unacceptable and they have been told to speak English.

If they are by themselves and talking .. no problem. If they can better communicate and figure out a problem in their native language, AMONGST THEMSELVES, than that's fair, but tolerance and freewill which I agree is a fundamental tenet of the American ideology, is MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE to specific code of conducts for a particular company/sector for the sake of other people, patients, workers... and of course in view of the diversity, English is mostly recommended to be spoken WHILE ON SHIFT. You can speak your language when off-shift (it's fuccking common sense dude).
So when you speak of Indians speaking their Hindi in whatever IT firms you know about, maybe you should do more research if that's standard protocol for that particular IT firm, cause I doubt a very diverse environment or sector like that won't find a problem with Hindi been spoken every damn time especially in a multinational setting... Thank God I have lots of IT friends, surely I know where I can get my facts.

For example in California where I stay and work , Spanish is a recommended second language especially for people in the health field, and that's because lots of the patients you see in different hospitals are mostly Spanish or Spanish-speaking, so it's imperative you take a year or two of Spanish class to communicate with your patients or staffs, BUT the underlining principle is that English MUST be the primary language to be spoken while on shift, nobody stops you from speaking your local language from time to time, but OVERDOING it is a steep in what is within professional dictum considered as generally unacceptable.

You are not the only people proud of your language, nobody gives a FU. CK honestly, an Edo man is proud of his language, an Igbo man is proud of his language, an Hausa, Urhobo, Ijaw, Kalabari, Itshekiri etc are proud of their respective languages, so yours ain't special. It's when you use that same language to cast aspersions on other people based on their ethnic identities (which your people based on a broad spectrum of experience) are most guilty of, insulting other people using derogatory and uncomplimentary epithets like I personally experienced yorubas do at my place of work, is definitely overreacting.

It's no secret the the Yoruba man's insecurity antennas begin to get the wrong wave signals when an Igbo is around, it's like an inherent disease or phobia...when a Yoruba guy manages to bed one Igbo girl, he will celebrate it like it's a bloody achievement and tell whoever cares to listen, an Igbo man will bed 10 Yoruba girls and not a damn soul will know... I've also experienced this several times (two of my close friends are Yorubas, females) based in Texas, and they don't hide their disappointment in their men even on social media, the consensus is that you guys are effeminate, talkative, and very BETA, all masking their fragility in the "Yoruba demon" tag... real nyggas know what's good, fucck with an Igbo dude and he will never kiss and tell... but a Yoruba? That's like selling yourself short.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Is obvious you Dy know what policy means.

In a country like USA where free will is enshrined in their ideologies, no policy can bar an individual from communicating with one another in the workplace so far they don’t communicate with clients with that.

And to be honest, the Yorubas in the company will not be daft such that they will be talking to other nationals or clients in native Yoruba language. This is what I tried making him to see.

Nigeria is the only place where companies make laws without checkmating, you can do that bleeping thing here.

2 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

In a country like USA where free will is enshrined in their ideologies, no policy can bar an individual from communicating with one another in the workplace so far they don’t communicate with clients with that.

And to be honest, the Yorubas in the company will not be daft such that they will be talking to other nationals or clients in native Yoruba language. This is what I tried making him to see.

Nigeria is the only place where companies make laws without checkmating, you can do that bleeping thing here.

The didn't defend Igbo, he said I can't speak for other igbos.

but you hear defending Yorubas to what he said.

Seriously, I don't get you guys Sometimes.

Okay you guys are perfect in all....noted

case closed.

9 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
Keep to one storyline. Is it that we are a tribe that wants to dominate others hence have expansionist ambitions or are we a tribe that is insular and stay in our land without traveling?
When can't defend their illogical nonsense they result to ad hominem defense. Always pathetic how predictable Afonjas are. Nigga I quadruple dare you to quote exactly where I wrote the bold on this thread. In addition, Mr. Self reported "intellectual", I advise reread what I wrote, have it marinate in your head before typing because judging by your ad hominem it clearly flew past your head.

Which one is it? Can’t have it both ways.
when and where did I change my narrative of how I see una. Do point it out.

Also, which tribe plunged the country into war?
which tribe was it that utilized their propaganda machine to label a coup that included non Igbo participants as an "Igbo coup" which in terms resulted the innocent civilians getting attacked forcing the leader of the area to report division as defense?
Which tribe encouraged Gowon to drop the agreements made in Ghana thus pushing the leader of the region to pull out to protect his people against the shitholans?
Which nation attacked which nation first which in terms ignited the war?

Which tribe did the minorities in the eastern region rebel against their leadership because of their domineering attitude?
Which region begged the British to separate them from the Western Union? When such didn't happen, which region revolted and United with North and East to separate themselves out of Western Union? Which region voted to be removed from Western region to become Midwest due to reports of Afonjas dominating behaviors and attitude. The problem with Afonja like yourself is you think you're talking to a SE Igbo who ancestors didn't have the misery of sharing a region with una. The SE Igbos may not know you demons but for those of us that had the misery of sharing a region with una knows exactly the level of bastards you lots are

Which tribe doesn’t sit still at home and is always claiming to have developed someone else’s land and so should be allowed political representation?
Which region is going around claiming to be the most political sane in the nation and reporting they should be in control of the nation even though, each time they get an ounce of leadership of the nation it always result to wtf we are seeing now...Diaster.
Which region is stealing lands and oil headquarters from another region and encouraging death towards the indigenous they steal from whenever their people speak up?

Which tribe’s leader wanted to rule over another tribe’s region?
Which tribe's leader who wanted to separate his people from Niggeria did a complete 360 when the inticed with the presidency position? Who suggested starvation of women and children as "war tactics" just because of his greed to be president which ironic, thanks to Karma, never occurred?

Which tribe’s leader stated that his tribe was appointed by God to dominate others?
See the usual Afonja ways of trying to tell stories thinking we're in Lagos-Ibadan propaganda media era. I'm still waiting on evidence of so called Zik's corruption case he spewed earlier.. Now this, grin. I already know this is a futile attempt and answer would be "search the internet" but, let's just give you a benefit of a doubt... provide the tribe's leaders name, the exact quote and evidence to heck you up. I'll wait.

Which tribe’s military killed others while leaving theirs intact?
Which tribe is still making a mockery of themselves repeating the same nonsense their Tribalist people spread even after the internet has provided the list of participants of the military men involved and multiple of them were non-igbo?
Which tribe out of their Tribalism utilized their propaganda media machine to spread rumors of a coup that included Igbo and non Igbo participants as an igbo coup thus putting the lives of innocent people in danger?
Which tribe can be that devilish if not the demons of hell

When you answer these questions you will have your answer which tribe is the domineering, war-monger tribe in Nigeria. Note that the Yoruba wars you referred to were intra-tribal, not inter-tribal.
When you answer these questions above you'll have your answer which tribe is the domineering one and why they received the nickname Demons
I repeat Mr. self claimed "Intellectual" make attempt to marinate on wtf it you read before typing. I reported you demons attacked non Afonjas to try and colonize them. The Ashanti, the Dahonmey/Fons, etc have reported wars they had with una or neighboring tribes that una bounded with to try and colonize them. You lost yes, but your ancestors attempted through violence. My mention of your inter-tribal conflicts just emphasizes the dominating acts of una including to your own selves

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by splendour7(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You went to bring an interview from an arrogant and self-centred man who drove 3 million Igbos to their early grave while protecting his own family.

If Awolowo is the problem, then you should go and committee suicide instead of wasting your breath cheesy
lolz Sense Has Deserted This One!

9 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
splendour7:
lolz Sense Has Deserted This One!
like many ipob apologist shey ! grin

3 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by YorubaHero12: 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
BaaleOko:

Dude, It depends on the context. I have been in meetings where some of our Spanish speaking managers will start talking to each other in their native language. This is utterly unacceptable and they have been told to speak English.

If they are by themselves and talking .. no problem. If they can better communicate and figure out a problem in their native language, AMONGST THEMSELVES, than that's fair, but tolerance and freewill which I agree is a fundamental tenet of the American ideology, is MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE to specific code of conducts for a particular company/sector for the sake of other people, patients, workers... and of course in view of the diversity, English is mostly recommended to be spoken WHILE ON SHIFT. You can speak your language when off-shift (it's fuccking common sense dude).

For example in California where I stay and work , Spanish is a recommended second language especially for people in the health field, and that's because lots of the patients you see in different hospitals are mostly Spanish or Spanish-speaking, so it's imperative you take a year or two of Spanish to communicate with your patients or staffs, BUT the underlining principle is that English MUST be the primary language to be spoken while on shift, nobody stops you from speaking your local language from time to time, but doing it is a steep in what is generally accepted.

You are not the only people proud of your language, nobody gives a FU. CK honestly, an Edo man is proud of his language, an Igbo man is proud of his language, an Hausa, Urhobo, Ijaw, Kalabari, Itshekiri etc are proud of their respective languages, so yours ain't special. It's when you use that same language to cast aspersions on other people based on their ethnic identities (which your people based on a broad spectrum of experience) are most guilty of, insulting other people using derogatory and uncomplimentary epithets like I personally experienced yorubas do at my place of work, is definitely overreacting.

It's no secret the the Yoruba man's insecurity antennas begin to get the wrong wave signals when an Igbo is around, it's like an inherent disease or phobia...when a Yoruba guy manages to bed one Igbo girl, he will celebrate it like it's a bloody achievement and tell whoever cares to listen, an Igbo man will bed 10 Yoruba girls and not a damn soul will know... I've also experienced this several times (two of my close friends are Yorubas, females) based in Texas, and they don't hide their disappointment in their men even on social media, the consensus is that you guys are effeminate, talkative, and very BETA, all masking their fragility in the "Yoruba demon" tag... real nyggas know what's good, fucck with an Igbo dude and he will never kiss and tell... but a Yoruba? That's like selling yourself short.

I can understand what you meant bro by your analogy. Although something is not yet clear coz by your assertion you only frown at the fact that the Yorubas in your workplace speak their language to eachother and sometimes abuse other people in local dialect right? Is that your argument!

On the second point, it’s a fallacy of hasty generalization to say the Yorubas are mostly kiss and tell while the Igbos are the reserved people in that context. Try to understand the connection first, Yoruba guys only date Igbo people Caz of the influx of the Igbo people in the SW and that does not show whether Igbos are seen as a medal or not, it’s just human nature.

Infact there are lot of Igbos with lost identities in the SW such that iou may not even know they are Igbos expect maybe they bear their native name. If it had been that the literate Hausas settle in the Southwest in that magnitude also, it would have been the same scenario.

The Yoruba demon phenomenon is just for a bragging right and sometimes it’s more of a praise than an insult.

Although that cannot be denied sometimes, I think the effect is due to youthful exuberance’s and it’s nothing of great importance to discuss about.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Guestlander: 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
BaaleOko:

So when you speak of Indians speaking their Hindi in whatever IT firms you know about, maybe you should do more research if that's standard protocol for that particular IT firm, cause I doubt a very diverse environment or sector like that won't find a problem with Hindi been spoken every damn time especially in a multinational setting... Thank God I have lots of IT friends, surely I know where I can get my facts.

For example in California where I stay and work , Spanish is a recommended second language especially for people in the health field, and that's because lots of the patients you see in different hospitals are mostly Spanish or Spanish-speaking, so it's imperative you take a year or two of Spanish class to communicate with your patients or staffs, BUT the underlining principle is that English MUST be the primary language to be spoken while on shift, nobody stops you from speaking your local language from time to time, but OVERDOING it is a steep in what is within professional dictum considered as generally unacceptable.

What a comedian. So you have the data on how many Yoruba and Ibos are sleeping with each other and their behavior afterwards! Hehehehe
Generalizations taken to a ridiculous level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by nisai: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
naijalander:
Baba we don hear. Na only una dey.

Igbos are the richest, smartest, most intelligent people in the world. We've heard, goan sleep. Nobody is competing with you. Goan sleep.

This is what I expect the Yorubas to do whenever they come up with the usual mantra.

Stop wasting your precious time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Fatherofdragons: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
BaaleOko:

I am a witness to their snakish nature.

Yorobers are

envious

uncouth

insultive

disrespectful (forget all that their show of respect like prostrating etc all na wash)

cowardly

wicked

unreliable

Liars

Tribal bigots

And very dirty.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
YorubaHero12:

At least you took to correction for writing in paragraphs now let me reply you even if you never quoted me!

You lot always use the English language to suit your narratives, sometimes you call the Yorubas cowards while sometimes you say we have a domineering mindset.

With respect to Oyo empire, the ideology then is about expansion and that is mainly due to the civilization at that age and time. Kingdoms must expand to show their dominance and the military might. The Igbos then don’t even have a coordinated military and are majorly uncivilized to even wage an expansion.

We’ve heard of several empires like the British, Greeks, ottoman, although the Oyo empire might not be strong like these but they tried in their aspect.

To the second point, it was actually Azikiwe that formed a coalition with the north at the expense of the south, he should rather be termed betrayer rather than Awolowo. Infact Awolowo had to fight with Akintola when he tried forming alliance with the north coz he knows what the northerners are capable of. I bet you don’t know this!!

Several Yorubas fought against the cabals when Jonathan was acting President to make him president and we also supported him in the majority in 2011 elections. Even Tinubu supported Jonathan even with the fact that the SW is ACN at that time. What did Jonathan use as a payback, he marginalized the Yorubas by listening to the Igbos.

Yorubas waited patiently till 2015 and removed him with the ballot. That’s what they call superiority, we don’t go about shouting or wailing, we simply restraint ourselves and make our voice heard through the ballot.

Well on the Buhari aspect, it’s a manifestation of the decadence of Nigeria political office holders, they are all the same. Buhari also turned out to be clueless but the decision to get him elected in 2015 was justified coz of the incessant killing by Boko Haram in the NE and the Chibok girls palaver.

The mighty Yoruba tribe has shown some form of intellectual superiority over other tribes in a nigeria and that is a fact. We have learnt to live as human being and not savages which explains the reason why the SW is the safest place in Nigeria and with the height tolerance of both religion and ethnicity.

I repeat demons with schizophrenia. This one actually believe what he wrote was listened to. Like legit looking at my past comments before this one pitiful attempt to be an English teacher to my comment he replied, none can say I'm not justified to identify Afonjas as clans of schizophrenics. Their delusion is exactly as that of someone mentally ill.

Nri kingdom and several African tribes expanded their kingdom without resulting to violence. Even the Europeans you refer to, excluding the Germanic tribes, utilized Violence as last resort. Only primitive groups utilized violence as ability to "civilization and expansion". Even the Germanic tribes of that era were labeled and still being reported as the Barbarians of Europe. People with intellect utilized their intellect to expand their reach. No matter how much people demean the Fulanis they are perfect example of what I speak of. They expanded their territory usually sneakily yes and resulted to war in last minute hence, your illorin was colonized by them without a war and several areas they colonized is the same way. Another Igbo group, excluding the Nri, that displayed that same intellect is the Arochukwu. The Arochukwu land originally belonged to the Ibibio. The Igbos over took the land without not one single war or violence. The same for Opobo, albeit the land belongs to the Ijaws, but the Igbos could have easily taken over that land considering Igbo descendant have been ruling them for centuries now and the Igbo descendant became their leader, not out war but again intellectual tactics. Another tribe I would say displayed that intellectual ability to expand self without being primitive is Bini. Noone can deny the Bini made impacts to several non Bini tribes and controlled a portion of non Bini lands more so than any other tribe in Niggeria excluding Fulani. Albeit, unlike fulani, the Bini have lost control on all non-bini groups and lands but, in my opinion they were the southern equivalency to Fulanis back in the day. They expanded their territory majority without violence. When did utilize violence, it was always as a last result. Only primitive or rather to quote the Europeans you speak of "barbarians" uses violence, wars, etc initially on land grabbing.

You people marginalized your fucking self during GEJ administration. After-all, we all remember correctly it was your God, Tinubu, that stopped the position he was hanging to you Afonjas. Wasn't it Tinubu that stopped?

What intellectual diplay did you do? All Afonjas did was show us the level of pitifulness you lots are. The same Buhari that your leaders repeatedly quoted as a terrible person and leader is exactly who you lots went licking your vomit to push to the public as Messiah simply because of his popularity in the North and you lots decieving yourselves you can easily manipulate him. There's absolutely nothing Afonjas did that is intellectual, all you did was bring in your wild wild west tactics of assassination, ballot stuffing and snatching, voters threats and hiding behind the North population to bring in an idiot currently fucking up your shithole worst.

What that points out is you demons are extremely selfish...you care not what you destroy, how many people hurt/die as long as you demons control something. I mean let's look at it, you demons didn't see fulani herdsmen as something to wail about or try to stop despite the multiple killings they did in MB. Una didn't see it as a problem until they became a menace in your land.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Guestlander: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

I repeat demons with schizophrenia. This one actually believe what he wrote was listened to. Like legit looking at my past comments before this one pitiful attempt to be an English teacher to my comment he replied, none can say I'm not justified to identify Afonjas as clans of schizophrenics. Their delusion is exactly as that of someone mentally ill.

Nri kingdom and several African tribes expanded their kingdom without resulting to violence. Even the Europeans you refer to, excluding the Germanic tribes, utilized Violence as last resort. Only primitive groups utilized violence as ability to "civilization and expansion". Even the Germanic tribes of that era were labeled and still being reported as the Barbarians of Europe. People with intellect utilized their intellect to expand their reach. No matter how much people demean the Fulanis they are perfect example of what I speak of. They expanded their territory usually sneakily yes and resulted to war in last minute hence, your illorin was colonized by them without a war and several areas they colonized is the same way. Another Igbo group, excluding the Nri, that displayed that same intellect is the Arochukwu. The Arochukwu land originally belonged to the Ibibio. The Igbos over took the land without not one single war or violence. The same for Opobo, albeit the land belongs to the Ijaws, but the Igbos could have easily taken over that land considering Igbo descendant have been ruling them for centuries now and the Igbo descendant became their leader, not out war but again intellectual tactics. Another tribe I would say displayed that intellectual ability to expand self without being primitive is Bini. Noone can deny the Bini made impacts to several non Bini tribes and controlled a portion of non Bini lands more so than any other tribe in Niggeria excluding Fulani. Albeit, unlike fulani, the Bini have lost control on all non-bini groups and lands but, in my opinion they were the southern equivalency to Fulanis back in the day. They expanded their territory majority without violence. When did utilize violence, it was always as a last result. Only primitive or rather to quote the Europeans you speak of "barbarians" uses violence, wars, etc initially on land grabbing.

You people marginalized your fucking self during GEJ administration. After-all, we all remember correctly it was your God, Tinubu, that stopped the position he was hanging to you Afonjas. Wasn't it Tinubu that stopped?

What intellectual diplay did you do? All Afonjas did was show us the level of pitifulness you lots are. The same Buhari that your leaders repeatedly quoted as a terrible person and leader is exactly who you lots went licking your vomit to push to the public as Messiah simply because of his popularity in the North and you lots decieving yourselves you can easily manipulate him. There's absolutely nothing Afonjas did that is intellectual, all you did was bring in your wild wild west tactics of assassination, ballot stuffing and snatching, voters threats and hiding behind the North population to bring in an idiot currently fucking up your shithole worst.

What that points out is you demons are extremely selfish...you care not what you destroy, how many people hurt/die as long as you demons control something. I mean let's look at it, you demons didn't see fulani herdsmen as something to wail about or try to stop despite the multiple killings they did in MB. Una didn't see it as a problem until they became a menace in your land.

Only primitive groups utilized violence as ability to "civilization and expansion"

This is coming from an educated man who is trying to teach someone about history! Are you talking about planet earth or some other places in the galaxy? There is no single empire in the world that expanded without violence. If you know one please let us know right now.
The Fulani did not use violence to form the Sokoto caliphate? Really? I hope this is not the Aba version of history.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion / President Tinubu Condemns Plateau Attacks, Orders Arrest Of Culprits / Fresh Bomb Blast In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.