Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Titles And Relationships - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Titles And Relationships (4986 Views)

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 8:27am On Oct 21, 2010
Mobo,

It clearly YOU A HATING LovePeddler, keep basking in my LUXURIOUSNESS, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 8:29am On Oct 21, 2010
Okija_juju:

@ OP

The first thing that caught me was the fact that you introduced him to your friends as "my friend". Now thats gotta hurt.

Imagine you are in his house, cooking for him and all and lets say his senior brother of relative walks in and enquires bout you and he says "meet a friend of mine, Eve", how would you feel?! I'm guessin like a booty call right?! I'm just sayin, atimes even jokes can be expensive especially such rather sensitive ones.

Just my opinion!!
THAT QUOTE RIGHT THERE THREW ME OFF, okay I stopped sighing smiley
Re: Titles And Relationships by Okijajuju1(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2010
Great!! wink grin
Re: Titles And Relationships by sley4life(m): 9:05am On Oct 21, 2010
Most girls ar fond of this. You are in serious relationship and when its time for introduction they address the guy as a friend
Re: Titles And Relationships by denony(m): 9:28am On Oct 21, 2010
she introduces me as her sunshine
will i introduce her as mama grin
Re: Titles And Relationships by samtoye(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2010
Its a different case if you call your partner by pet name, but to downgrade them especialluy when there are 3rd parties e.g. from boyfriend to friend or from husband to boyfriend, then your hands are not clean and your intentions questionable!!!!!! i can bet it your introduction would differ if he shows up in Range Rover Sport !!! you would borrow microphone to announce to everyone that cares to listen that you own him; upgrading him from Boyfriend to Husband!!!! Women/Men and Hypocrisy!!!
Re: Titles And Relationships by andyprez(m): 11:05am On Oct 21, 2010
Well it depends on the individuals involved & their definition of the relationship. I've called ladies (the ones I dated) friend & they had no problem with it.
Re: Titles And Relationships by andyprez(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2010
Well it depends on the individuals involved & their definition of the relationship. I've called ladies (the ones I dated) friend & they had no problem with it.
Re: Titles And Relationships by seedord247(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2010
My girlfriend like me calling her my Yori Yori, even on her behalf that what i call her, but if i dere try and call my girlfriend she would aggressive not to talk calling her my friend and if she try that with me also NA HIM BE SAY LOVE DON END OOOOO
Re: Titles And Relationships by jaysan82(m): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2010
i once introduced my ex girlfriend as my friend and she totally freaked out.i did'nt mean any harm whatsoever.i apologized to her and all.d fact is,when u're commited to someone,u want that person to celebrate u amongst their family and friends.if gives you a sense of belonging and kibda cements your status even more.
Re: Titles And Relationships by Olalimits(m): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
It depends on the initially agreed pattern & level of understanding.
One shouldn't flare if his/her patner has said(earlier) that he/she'd call the other a friend!!!
Re: Titles And Relationships by eewule(m): 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2010
I refer to my girlfriend as 'my friend' sometimes when we chatting on the phone and she doesn't like it. even when nobody else can hear it, ?   she agues that she is not just a friend to me - as if i need reminding .?     I personally think a girlfriend (or boyfriend) is also a friend and there is no big deal is using the term to address them it doesn't mean they are not a partner, !
Re: Titles And Relationships by yesboss20(m): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2010
True talk
Re: Titles And Relationships by kokoye(m): 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2010
When we starting dating (matured folks), I went with my lady to her aunties place. She introduced me as her boy-friend and I reacted in a funny manner cos I did not even expect it to come up.

When we left the place she asked if I woulda preferred she introduced me as 'friend' instead of 'boyfriend' to her aunt.

I took a looong look at her and thought; sure, boyfriend to this lady sounds much better. wink
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2010
The thing is that YOU WASNT PREPARED FOR THE TITLE CHANGE and you didn't break up with her because she called you her boyfriend.

My point is that WHY DOES TITLE make a big deal WHEN it just a title TO SOME PEOPLE,

Anyway,
Re: Titles And Relationships by UNLEASHED(m): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2010
call me friend for house, it's ok, but call me friend in a social gathering?? u dey find trouble

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? / Dilemma / When Is Someone Said To Be Cute-hot-handsome-or Fine.what Are Their Differences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.