Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Titles And Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Titles And Relationships (4988 Views)

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titles And Relationships by luap: 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2010
I liked the way your husband handled it. He let you know what he wants to be called. He knows how to set his boundaries and must be very self respecting.

I wonder if he calles you or introduces you as his wife? So does he expect to be treated a certain way, and treat you what he expects for himself?
Re: Titles And Relationships by MrCork21: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2010
**yawwwwn, angry
Re: Titles And Relationships by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2010
What a topic, NEVER A DULL moment from queeneve
Re: Titles And Relationships by leye1234(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ poster

Can you call him MANDINGO,pleaseeee? grin
Re: Titles And Relationships by bawomolo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2010
queeneve:

I calls my good friend's son my lil future husband,

It didn't sit well with my present husband, I mean the baby is 9 months old!! My friend and I laughed every time I asked her about her son, I say how my lil husband doing,

I think people need to know the difference when somebody is PLAYING or someone is SERIOUS,

I guess to some people the titles are important, sighs,

you do have a point there. it reeks of insecurity if a man gets jealous of a 9 month old baby. that doesn't mean you should be calling every young man your future husband grin
Re: Titles And Relationships by donclemo(m): 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2010
i would like my girlfriend to introduce me to her friends as "a friend" oh this go make sense
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2010
bawomolo:

you do have a point there. it reeks of insecurity if a man gets jealous of a 9 month old baby. that doesn't mean you should be calling every young man your future husband grin

Baw,

I do not go that far as that to disrespect my husband by calling other men my future husbands. The only person that I have said was my future husband was my nine months old play nephew. The only reason why I said that was because I told her that he is going to be a good husband one day because I will make him my lil husband so that he can be a good husband to another woman. It was just a play thing between me and the mother of the nine months old because she used to tell me that my lil brother was her future husband.

But, I do understand where you coming from though and I agree. I shouldn't go that far as calling other men my future husband. My husband just the kind that is TITLE concious and nothing wrong with that, I have managed.
Re: Titles And Relationships by MrCork21: 9:59pm On Oct 20, 2010
i totaly aggree
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
leye1234:

@ poster

Can you call him MANDINGO,pleaseeee? grin

My husband have A PET NAME BETTER THAN THAT wink grin and he loves it!  I just that gooooood at giving out names that is cool cheesy
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2010
luap:

I liked the way your husband handled it. He let you know what he wants to be called. He knows how to set his boundaries and must be very self respecting.

I wonder if he calles you or introduces you as his wife? So does he expect to be treated a certain way, and treat you what he expects for himself?

I see your point Luap,

My husband always REFER ME AS HIS WIFE even before we got married I was his wife. He introduced me to his family as his wife, his friends as his wife, his co-workers as his wife, even the strangers as his wife. I never heard him called me anything else EXCEPT MY PET NAMES grin cheesy
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2010
Reality,

You want the boring Queeneve? shocked
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
Ladies,

How do you feel when a guy call you shorty or lil momma? Do you accept that pet name?

Guys,

Do you like it when ladies call you macho names such as Hulk, Mandingo, Anaconda, and Cobra?
Re: Titles And Relationships by MrCork21: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
Queenie, madam I agree,  undecided
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2010
mr cock,

I am ready to nyansh you, please meet me at the cementary and please come alone grin

It going to be A WILD NIGHT and I mean that literally wink
Re: Titles And Relationships by IbrahimB: 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2010
queeneve:

Ladies,

How do you feel when a guy call you shorty or lil momma? Do you accept that pet name?

Guys,

Do you like it when ladies call you macho names such as Hulk, Mandingo, Anaconda, and Cobra?

The highlighted names look like names an armed robber would fancy. I don't think any self-respecting man would find that funny.
Re: Titles And Relationships by leye1234(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ queeneve

Ok madam, i guess "Mini Me" is ok.
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2010
You do know that anaconda and cobra are pet names for A BIG DIKK RIGHT?
Re: Titles And Relationships by MrCork21: 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2010
**i tink am in love*** tongue
Re: Titles And Relationships by MrCork21: 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2010
Queen Eve, madam i love u more than my Timbaland Boot!! tongue
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2010
You must just heard T pain song, I AM IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER
Re: Titles And Relationships by MrCork21: 10:38pm On Oct 20, 2010
***sitting naaaked in front of fan , but not too close*** smiley
Re: Titles And Relationships by MsPotato(f): 12:20am On Oct 21, 2010
By: Lord Krato
lol, i dat u in your profile?

Yes naa smiley
Re: Titles And Relationships by adconline(m): 12:36am On Oct 21, 2010
I never start up sommin without a definition. . . It has to be defined from the word go

Thanks my dear, because folks want to called something they dont deserve. Sometimes, folks think that with time they would change their situation from being a friend with benefits to a boyfriend or a girlfriend even when one of the parties had made it known ab initio that there would be no strings attached.
Re: Titles And Relationships by iice(f): 4:22am On Oct 21, 2010
queeneve:

Ladies,

Guys,

lololol. He likes to call me iyawo. I call him kolo. . .he certainly likes that name grin grin
Re: Titles And Relationships by Druss(m): 7:04am On Oct 21, 2010
There is something wrong when a woman introduces her husband as her friend to people he hasnt met before!!
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 7:25am On Oct 21, 2010
It is? Even if she was kidding undecided

Hmm,
Re: Titles And Relationships by Druss(m): 7:37am On Oct 21, 2010
It is funny how on the web it seems like nothing.

Let your husband be with women you dont know and then you are introduced to them as his friend ,
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2010
Druss,

It okay, you don't know me so of course you would say, if my husband introduced me to some women or men as his friend,

It wouldn't bother me because at the end of the day, HE GOING HOME WITH ME, and I didn't introduced my husband to ANYONE as friend,

I called him homey lover friend in midst of family and friends, NOT INTRODUCED as that,

Just want to make sure you understood my previous comments,
Re: Titles And Relationships by Okijajuju1(m): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2010
@ OP

The first thing that caught me was the fact that you introduced him to ur friends as "my friend". Now thats gotta hurt. Here's the thought that would run through my mind if I were in such a situation; "Is she ashamed of me or what?", "What exactly was that all about, is she hiding me or something else from me?". I would also say that if he was meeting those friends of yours fro the first time (which I assume is the case hence the need for an introduction) then you messed up dear. This is a relationship we are talking bout here. Its not the title that matters but rather what that could imply.

Imagine you are in his house, cooking for him and all and lets say his senior brother of relative walks in and enquires bout you and he says "meet a friend of mine, Eve", how would you feel?! I'm guessin like a booty call right?! I'm just sayin, atimes even jokes can be expensive especially such rather sensitive ones.

Just my opinion!!
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2010
Sighs

Okija,

I understand your point, I never INTRODUCED my husband as a friend to ANYBODY, I called OUT TO MY HUSBAND saying homey lover friend, in the midst of family and friends,

Got it?

Introducing family and friends////calling out to husband pet names ARE DIFFERENT,
Re: Titles And Relationships by MOBO444(f): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2010
@Poster it is oobvious you not much educated.
Re: Titles And Relationships by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2010
My bad queeneve, I was reffering to the friend you was talking bout in your first post (the one you started the thread with). That's the one I'm talking bout.

All I was drivin at was; If its a first time introduction, its always proper to introduce your partner by their title just so it is clear to everyone what the relationship is between the both of you. After that, you can address them as your boo, mating-partner, sugar-banana or homey lover friend, its all good.

** Now puleeze stop sighing **

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is Someone Said To Be Cute-hot-handsome-or Fine.what Are Their Differences? / Am Confused, Please Advice Me / Will These Two Pictured Lovers Ever Kiss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.