Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,505 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Titles And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Titles And Relationships (4985 Views)

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
Okay,

Before I ask yall questions,

A few girlfriends of mine went out for a girl day out and we were enjoying ourselves until one of the girl's boyfriend came along we never met this guy who she just started being exclusive with and she INTRODUCED HIM AS HER FRIEND, apparently to the guy they were more than friends because he said, you mean boyfriend? She said oh, you know same thing,

The guy excused himself and apparently was mad at her for calling him her friend. Now that is not the only cases I have seen because I actually called my husband's my homey lover friend and he got mad. Now I was only kidding but to him he wasn't kidding. He got mad and gave me this lecture, that he is my husband and that is what I should always call him.

Questions:

Why do guys trip off when you don't call them the title they think they deserve?

Ladies,

IF the guy called you his shorty, boo, friend, or associate, WHEN YOU CLEARLY WANTS TO BE MORE THAN THAT, would you get mad and leave or would you stay?
Re: Titles And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
how would feel if you are faith & committed and your call each other boyfriend and girlfriend then if there are people around you are now call him/her a friend
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
The question would be HOW WOULD YOU FEEL zimdrill?
Re: Titles And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
am asking you back

how would you feel ?

it only needs to reverse the roles to find out how would feel then with that answer we find the reason why the guy got pissed
Re: Titles And Relationships by sms4health: 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
I don't think it's a general thing, it depends on the individual.

Male or female, when the other calls you something you are not happy with, it's better to talk to them privately later, rather than making a scene.

They usually don't mean it the way one partner thinks.
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
Right SMS,

Most of the time the partners or spouses don't mean no harm and we sometimes don't know what will tick a person off,

Zimdrill,

I would have been upset if my husband said it maliciously, if he was just kidding and it only happen once I wouldnt be tripping,
Re: Titles And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
queeneve:

Right SMS,

Most of the time the partners or spouses don't mean no harm and we sometimes don't know what will tick a person off,

Zimdrill,

I would have been upset if my husband said it maliciously, if he was just kidding and it only happen once I wouldnt be tripping,

i think everyone who is faithful and committed to a relationship would be pissed, on your side you would be telling yourself that there is nothing you are ashamed of to tell people that s/he is boyfriend

then him/her introduces you as friend you start to question yourself am being taken for a ride, do this people know the other person who might have been introduced as the girlfriend/boyfriend
Re: Titles And Relationships by adagz01(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
^^i agree wt that
Re: Titles And Relationships by googles: 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2010
I never start up sommin without a definition. . . It has to be defined from the word go !
Re: Titles And Relationships by 190: 7:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
queeneve now starts topics,

since wen did that one stat

go have a stick of cigarette and av sex wud ya!
Re: Titles And Relationships by madlady(f): 7:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
googles:

I never start up sommin without a definition. . . It has to be defined from the word go !

Smart girl.
Re: Titles And Relationships by googles: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2010
madlady:

Smart girl.

thanks wifey
Re: Titles And Relationships by omohwunmmy: 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2010
It depends on his motive for not calling it d way it is.
My BF is a clown so he goes 'meet my gal,am training her to b a better person'. Its not a bigy as long as he is not denying what we share.
Re: Titles And Relationships by ShyOne(f): 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

i think every is who faithful and committed to a relationship would be pissed, on your side you would be telling yourself that there is nothing you are ashamed of to tell people that s/he is boyfriend

then him/her introduces you as friend you start to question yourself am being taken for a ride, do this people know the other person who might have been introduced as the girlfriend/boyfriend

I agree
Re: Titles And Relationships by kokoye(m): 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
How about I call you my 'baba mama','lay', 'fling' . . while we are engaged?
Re: Titles And Relationships by tjskii(f): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
googles:

thanks wifey

come dis pikin,na ervryborri be ur wifey tongue tongue tongue
Re: Titles And Relationships by googles: 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
tjskii:

come dis pikin,na ervryborri be your wifey tongue tongue tongue

lol haba. . . am just a serial monogamist o

one day gone, one wife gone. . . but madlady and tjskii remain my constant K at any time T I solemnly swear wink
Re: Titles And Relationships by MrCork21: 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2010
ok waz this topick about coz it still dont make sense!! angry
Re: Titles And Relationships by segzicres(m): 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
that's not important, it's how you see em that matters
Re: Titles And Relationships by MsPotato(f): 4:33am On Oct 20, 2010
I wont feel anything. . . Besides, he always introduced me as Mama Ngozi and I introduced him as Baba Ngozi.
Re: Titles And Relationships by DonXavi(m): 5:08am On Oct 20, 2010
queeneve:

Okay,

Before I ask yall questions,

A few girlfriends of mine went out for a girl day out and we were enjoying ourselves until one of the girl's boyfriend came along we never met this guy who she just started being exclusive with and she INTRODUCED HIM AS HER FRIEND, apparently to the guy they were more than friends because he said, you mean boyfriend? She said oh, you know same thing,

The guy excused himself and apparently was mad at her for calling him her friend. Now that is not the only cases I have seen because I actually called my husband's my homey lover friend and he got mad. Now I was only kidding but to him he wasn't kidding. He got mad and gave me this lecture, that he is my husband and that is what I should always call him.

Questions:

Why do guys trip off when you don't call them the title they think they deserve?

Ladies,

IF the guy called you his shorty, boo, friend, or associate, WHEN YOU CLEARLY WANTS TO BE MORE THAN THAT, would you get mad and leave or would you stay?
We should try and always call things by their names. i cannot admit my spouse introducing me to her friends as being her friend, the first thing that will strike my mind would be that there's something fishy going on.
Re: Titles And Relationships by lordkrato(m): 5:15am On Oct 20, 2010
Ms. Potato:

I wont feel anything. . . Besides, he always introduced me as Mama Ngozi and I introduced him as Baba Ngozi.

lol, i dat u in ur profile?
Re: Titles And Relationships by iice(f): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2010
lol. . .i usually say i'm the friend. . .and i call him that. He used to insist on me saying he's the BF and me the GF. . .i still went with friend. grin
I call a friend's bf, her husband. . .she likes it, her bf likes it but they are yet to be married. So really it depends on the individual
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 11:43am On Oct 20, 2010
I calls my good friend's son my lil future husband,

It didn't sit well with my present husband, I mean the baby is 9 months old!! My friend and I laughed every time I asked her about her son, I say how my lil husband doing,

I think people need to know the difference when somebody is PLAYING or someone is SERIOUS,

I guess to some people the titles are important, sighs,
Re: Titles And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2010
queeneve:

It didn't sit well with my present husband, I mean the baby is 9 months old!! My friend and I laughed every time I asked her about her son, I say how my lil husband doing,

I think people need to know the difference when somebody is PLAYING or someone is SERIOUS,

ok picture this

may be he thinks that he going to die before you and some nigga is going to be hitting his pum pum
Re: Titles And Relationships by Moyola(f): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2010
queeneve:

It didn't sit well with my present husband,
I mean the baby is 9 months old!! My friend and I laughed every time I asked her about her son, I say how my lil husband doing,

Really??!
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 11:50am On Oct 20, 2010
Zimdrill,

Please rewrite that because I am trying to get ya baby,

Moyola,

Yes, it a figure of speech GOODNESS! IT NOTHING SERIOUS, just a phrase, LAWD HAVE MURCEEE,
Re: Titles And Relationships by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2010
queeneve:

Zimdrill,

Please rewrite that because I am trying to get ya baby,

Moyola,

Yes, it a figure of speech GOODNESS! IT NOTHING SERIOUS, just a phrase, LAWD HAVE MURCEEE,

missing words put in
Re: Titles And Relationships by queeneve: 11:53am On Oct 20, 2010
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Titles And Relationships by kadman(m): 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2010
Too many definitions, too much labelling, (when would NL add a "Roll Eye" button)
Re: Titles And Relationships by 190: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
how did this msg make the front page, someone tell me,
Re: Titles And Relationships by BlueMagic2(m): 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2010
I aint gona be mad. Just tells me i can hit it off with her any1 of her friends or any1 else. I mean we are just "Friends" remember!!!! I mean all i got 2 do is put my best game face on. I totally aint gonna be mad!!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Churches Overflowing With Desperate Single Ladies. / I'm New Here, Hoping To Meet New Friends / Pretty Lady Drown After Heavy Rain In Onitsha (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.