Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me (20673 Views)

How many Jehovah's/Yahwe exist (Jews, Trinitarians, Jehovah witness) / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / My Prayer For Trinitarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

Just one question to deflate all the jargons you wrote up here!

If all God did was to order Jesus (your small God) to create the world.
1. Who worked the work?
2. Who rested after the work?

I expect you to begin a lucid twisting of clear scriptures so as to fit your organisations deception!

I don't have to tell you the nitty gritty of the creative activities of Yahweh himself as far as Genesis creation is concerned, your delusion have blocked your stone cold heart from the truth.
Q 1.
Genesis 1:1-31, He,Yahweh created heaven and earth.
Hebrew 1:1-2, Yahweh created the universe THROUGH His son. (Additional info from the scriptures).

Q2.
* Genesis 2:1-2
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were
completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the
work he had been doing; so on the seventh
day he rested from all his work.

*Is the God of Genesis 2:1-2 who rested from his creative works, He or triune ?
The deception is coming from Shadeyinka's dubious attempts to add his own maggi sauce & twists into the holy Scriptures.

Genesis 1:1-31 is jargon to triune deity pagans pretending to be Christians, no wahala.

Greek ' Dia' =THROUGH (him)/By means of (him) " in John1:3, Hebrew 1:2 & Col 1:16 is jargon to triune deity pagans pretending to be Christians, no wahala.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
Daejoyoung:

lf God himself is a Spirit, then how is it that he has a spirit? or are the Father and Word not also spirit?

Body, Soul, and Spirit are not three separate persons in a human being but make up one person, but the council of Nicea defines the trinity as 3 persons in One being, so how does your body, soul, and spirit fit into this definition?

God indeed is a spirit. But if the word of God declares that that God who is a Spirit also has a spirit that searches all things even the deep things of God, who am I to question its position? I would rather agree with that position than agree with a contrary position.

See the passage below again:

"For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God" (1 Cor 2:11)

I am not interested in any council of Nicea but pointing out a concept that is very clear in the scriptures. You see in my previous post I did not say that the nature of man is same as the nature of God but that the concept of the triune nature of man is reflective of God's triune nature. For example the spirit of a man dwells inside man but the Spirit of God was called to dwell in the hearts of the Church today whilst the Father is in heaven.

They are three personalities but one in essence.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
chrmn1:

You are very wrong. Theos and Theon are used many times for the almighty God in the entire scriptures. See Hupernikao's post in the Reno Omokri's thread on "Jesus is not God"

You can go to that post in the above mentioned thread in the religion section and see the entire post for yourself but I have italicized a portion of his post below for your perusal.

EXPLANATION OF JOHN 1:1 (Theon and Theos)
Kindly read carefully.

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος (NLT)
En archē ēn ho Logos kai ho Logos ēn pros ton Theon kai Theos ēn ho Logos (KJV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (KJV)

THEON
The word Theon occurred in the New Testament Scriptures 148 times. It simply means A deity, especially the supreme Divinity. Observe the following text usage of Theon

Matthew 4:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God (Theon)

Matthew 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God (Theon)

John 1:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 No man hath seen God (Theon) at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 14:1 King James Version (KJV)
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God (Theon), believe also in me.

Acts 16:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God (Theon): and the prisoners heard them.

Hebrews 6:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God (Theon) to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

The word Theon is a Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular. 

THEOS
The word Theos occurred in the New Testament Scriptures 311 times. It is also simply translated as A deity, especially the supreme Divinity same as Theon. 
Observe the following text usage of Theos

Matthew 1:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God (Theos) with us.

Matthew 22:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 I am the God (Theos) of Abraham, and the God (Theos) of Isaac, and the God (Theos) of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Mark 2:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God (Theos) only?

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For God (Theos) so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ephesians 4:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 One God (Theos) and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Observe that in the verses above God (almighty) was rendered as Theos and not Theon. It is also good to know that in the 311 times usage, Theos was referred to God almighty over 250 times without speaking about Jesus. For example in John 3:16

16 For God (Theos) so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God here is the Father, Almighty, yet Theos was used. That means the Greek did not used Theon as a reserved name for God almighty but used Theos likewise. As seen above, Theos (311 times) was used as twice as Theon (148 times) to refer to God in the scriptures.
The word Theos is a Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular

Now to John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God (Theon), and the Word was God (Theos). (KJV)
From above explanation it should be clear to you that Theos and Theon means God and not a variant of God. So, the question will be why was Theon and Theos used here. Let us do a little of word construction study.

NOMINATIVE AND ACCUSATIVE WORD CASE
Nominative: for the subject of a sentence: who or what is doing this?
Accusative: for the direct object of a sentence: who or what is being

The Nominative case is the case that contains the subject of a sentence. For beginners, it is normally in the beginning of a sentence.
The Accusative case is the case that contains the direct object of a sentence. You probably won't see much of this except in the accusative pronouns. The accusative is what is receiving the action of the nominative.

In English Language:
The nominative case is the case used for a noun or pronoun which is the subject of a verb. For example: Mark eats cakes. (The noun Mark is the subject of the verb eats).
The accusative case of a noun is the grammatical case used to mark the direct object of a transitive verb. For example, "they" in English is nominative; "them" is accusative. The sentence "They like them" shows the nominative case and accusative case working in conjunction using the same base word.
Note that English mostly have this in pronouns: I, me, They, Them, he, him, she, her etc.

In Greek Language
There are five CASES in Greek, the nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, and vocative. In English, readers rely on the order in which words appear in a sentence to indicate the grammatical function of each word. In Ancient Greek, their case tells the reader the grammatical function of each word in the sentence.

For example in Greek texts, Noun can be taken as Nominative or Accusative. 
Note also, In Ancient Greek, all nouns are classified according to grammatical gender (masculine, feminine, or neuter) and are used in a number (singular, dual, or plural). So that means we can have Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular and Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular.

EXAMPLES OF WORDS
χώρᾶ (Country)
Nominative Singular χώρᾱ (chōra) country
Accusative Singular χώρᾱν (chōran) country

Luke 2:8 And there were in the same country (chora) shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
Luke 8:26 And they arrived at the country (choran) of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee.

Now, Back to our study.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God (Theon), and the Word was God (Theos). (KJV)
Theon is Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular. 
Theos is Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular

The original Greek construction of the last part of the verse is "and God (Theos) was the Word." That makes it nominative. The phrase “and the word was God (Theon)” the usage of God here is accusative to the word “The Word”. Hence the reason Theon was used.

It would have made no sense using Theon as Theos together in the same sentences as such as one is accusative now and the other is nominative noun. It is like using they and they together, e.g They like They instead of they like them or themselves.

As pointed out earlier do a word study on the usage of theos, you will see it was never used as something lesser than Theon. It is just sentence construction issue.

Theon is not the only derivatives of Theos, there are others that were used in the scriptures. I will give you some here:
TRASH as usual.
Copy and paste plagiarists.
1 cor8:5,6 man is theos , angel is Theo's, God is theos. No proof that Jesus Christ is God.

No place in the Greek interlinear where Jesus is tov theon (the God). None !!!
"Tov theon (the God) is Exclusive to the God Almighty,Father of Jesus.
"The original Greek construction of the last part of the verse is "and God (Theos) was the Word." That makes it nominative", as in Jesus is divine in nature (= a god).

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
Janosky:

I don't have to tell you the nitty gritty of the creative activities of Yahweh himself as far as Genesis creation is concerned, your delusion have blocked your stone cold heart from the truth.
Q 1.
Genesis 1:1-31, He,Yahweh created heaven and earth.
Hebrew 1:1-2, Yahweh created the universe THROUGH His son. (Additional info from the scriptures).

Q2.
* Genesis 2:1-2
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were
completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the
work he had been doing; so on the seventh
day he rested from all his work.

*Is the God of Genesis 2:1-2 who rested from his creative works, He or triune ?
The deception is coming from Shadeyinka's dubious attempts to add his own maggi sauce & twists into the holy Scriptures.

Genesis 1:1-31 is jargon to triune deity pagans pretending to be Christians, no wahala.

Greek ' Dia' =THROUGH (him)/By means of (him) " in John1:3, Hebrew 1:2 & Col 1:16 is jargon to triune deity pagans pretending to be Christians, no wahala.
According to you, the son of Yahweh created the world through him (by instruction from Yahweh himself.)

My question
1. Who did the work?
Very simple question that you will sidestep again in volumes of irrelevant nonsense!

It seems the son of Yahweh didn't have to rest because he did no work!!??
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 11:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

According to you, the son of Yahweh created the world through him (by instruction from Yahweh himself.)

Your statement is OUTSIDE the realm of the holy Scriptures. Please rephrase it..
Thanks.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2019
Janosky:

Your statement is OUTSIDE the realm of the holy Scriptures. Please rephrase it..
Thanks.
See evasive move as usual.

If Jesus did the actual work of creation (as directed by Yahweh), who rested from work?

Too simple a question!
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 12:00am On Dec 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

My question
1. Who did the work?
Very simple question that you will sidestep again in volumes of irrelevant nonsense!

It seems the son of Yahweh didn't have to rest because he did no work!!??
You repeated both questions.
Q1.
I have given you the proof in your own copy of the Bible. Genesis 1:1-31. Hebrew 1:1-2.

Q2.
Genesis 2:1-2.

Shadeyinka> "Very simple question that you will sidestep again in volumes of irrelevant nonsense!"
Genesis 1:1-31. Hebrew 1:1-2.Genesis 2:1-2.
are volumes of irrelevant nonsense!" to triune deity pagans pretending to be Christian, no wahala.

Shadeyinka> "It seems the son of Yahweh didn't have to rest because he did no work!!??."

Now that Shadeyinka dey vex say Yahweh takes the credit for the Genesis account of creation, shepaly lodge your complaint to your triune deity & await the response.....
Wetin Musa no go see for gate ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 12:45am On Dec 09, 2019
Janosky:

You repeated both questions.
Q1.
I have given you the proof in your own copy of the Bible. Genesis 1:1-31. Hebrew 1:1-2.

Q2.
Genesis 2:1-2.

Shadeyinka> "Very simple question that you will sidestep again in volumes of irrelevant nonsense!"
Genesis 1:1-31. Hebrew 1:1-2.Genesis 2:1-2.
are volumes of irrelevant nonsense!" to triune deity pagans pretending to be Christian, no wahala.

Shadeyinka> "It seems the son of Yahweh didn't have to rest because he did no work!!??."

Now that Shadeyinka dey vex say Yahweh takes the credit for the Genesis account of creation, shepaly lodge your complaint to your triune deity & await the response.....
Wetin Musa no go see for gate ?

I am not surprised at your evasive moves.
I didn't ask for who gets the credit, that's why I inserted the clause "as directed by Jehovah"!
Let me remind you of the question again

shadeyinka:

If Jesus did the actual work of creation (as directed by Yahweh), who rested from work?
Too simple a question!

The truth know no fear!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 1:34am On Dec 09, 2019
Janosky:

TRASH as usual.
Copy and paste plagiarists.
1 cor8:5,6 man is theos , angel is Theo's, God is theos. No proof that Jesus Christ is God.

No place in the Greek interlinear where Jesus is tov theon (the God). None !!!
"Tov theon (the God) is Exclusive to the God Almighty,Father of Jesus.
"The original Greek construction of the last part of the verse is "and God (Theos) was the Word." That makes it nominative", as in Jesus is divine in nature (= a god).

What you are requesting is unrealistic. The phrase "ton theon" or "Ho theos" was used in the new testament mostly in reference to Almighty God. That phrase "the God": rarely will you see it used in reference to other gods and so you think that because Ton theon was used in John1:1, the Word is not Almighty God. That's wrong. You people added "a" to the original text. It is not there. There are so many scriptures where theos is used for the Almighty God.

In Acts 28:6 "a god" is used and the word is Theon.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

What you are requesting is unrealistic. The phrase "ton theon" or "Ho theos" was used in the new testament mostly in reference to Almighty God. That phrase "the God": rarely will you see it used in reference to other gods and so you think that because Ton theon was used in John1:1, the Word is not Almighty God. That's wrong. You people added "a" to the original text. It is not there. There are so many scriptures where theos is used for the Almighty God.

Janosky is always like that.
He never read a tiny bit about your explanation, neither does he care about studies other than that he had been brainwashed with.
Any scripture not in accordance to their organizations doctrine is an error even when the truth is glaring.

I have asked him several times now who rested after doing the work of creation and I am yet to receive an answer.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

Why add " a" to Act 28:6 ?

Question 2: Can the Almighty have a God ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

God indeed is a spirit. But if the word of God declares that that God who is a Spirit also has a spirit that searches all things even the deep things of God, who am I to question its position? I would rather agree with that position than agree with a contrary position.

See the passage below again:

"For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God" (1 Cor 2:11)

I am not interested in any council of Nicea but pointing out a concept that is very clear in the scriptures. You see in my previous post I did not say that the nature of man is same as the nature of God but that the concept of the triune nature of man is reflective of God's triune nature. For example the spirit of a man dwells inside man but the Spirit of God was called to dwell in the hearts of the Church today whilst the Father is in heaven.

They are three personalities but one in essence.

Let me call a friend of mine here first cc Barristter07 .

That aside, I have a question on that 1Cor 2:11 , Does the Spirit of God , which am assuming third person of Trinity know the day and hour of the end ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

See evasive move as usual.

Too simple a question!

You forgotten Yahweh created Jesus himself in the first place hence the bible said all things are created Through Yahweh as well.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

The Word became Human (flesh) ...with human flesh, human soul. That's why Jesus could weep.

So much fr immortal soul
Did Jesus soul die as prophesied by Isaiah ? grin
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Daejoyoung: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

That aside, I have a question on that 1Cor 2:11 , Does the Spirit of God , which am assuming third person of Trinity know the day and hour of the end ?
The spirit of God is God himself, just an outflow of God with respect to our world and us.
So yes, if God knows the hour, and the spirit of God is able to search the mind of God( according to the same bible) then it makes sense that the spirit also knows the hour.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
Daejoyoung:

The spirit of God is God himself, just an outflow of God with respect to our world and us.
So yes, if God knows the hour, and the spirit of God is able to search the mind of God( according to the same bible) then it makes sense that the spirit also knows the hour.

grin grin grin grin You are offside, always hiding under the " God " title, My point is: Is the Spirit of God the same person called " Father " ? Only then I can take you serious on whether it knows or not.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Daejoyoung: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

grin grin grin grin You are offside, always hiding under the " God " title, My point is: Is the Spirit of God the same person called " Father " ? Only then I can take you serious on whether it knows or not.
Father is the source of the spirit, the spirit proceeds from the father, so they are not seperate. The Father in my view can only relate to our world through his Holyspirit, because the Father is outside the entire universe. The universe itself came from the Father and he cannot dwell in the universe, but the spirit is like a fountain from the Father in the universe and in man. So the Spirit alone knows the mind of God and reveals from it as he wants.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Daejoyoung:

Father is the source of the spirit, the spirit proceeds from the father, so they are not seperate. The Father in my view can only relate to our world through his Holyspirit, because the Father is outside the entire universe. The universe itself came from the Father and he cannot dwell in the universe, but the spirit is like a fountain from the Father in the universe and in man. So the Spirit alone knows the mind of God and reveals from it as he wants

When you say they are not separate, Are you saying Holy spirit is not a person ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Daejoyoung: 6:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

When you say they are not separate, Are you saying Holy spirit is not a person ?

it depends on what we mean by spirit, is a spirit a person? l don't know if Holyspirit is a person or not, but l think thinking of him as a person causes confusion sometimes.

There are passages in the bible that suggests he acts as a person(probably whenever he dwells in humans and speak through them), at other times he is a fire that can be quenched when dwelling in us, at other times he is like a fountain of water.

God is simply a mystery.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
Daejoyoung:

it depends on what we mean by spirit, is a spirit a person? l don't know if Holyspirit is a person or not, but l think thinking of him as a person causes confusion sometimes.

There are passages in the bible that suggests he acts as a person(probably whenever he dwells in humans and speak through them), at other times he is a fire that can be quenched when dwelling in us, at other times he is like a fountain of water.

God is simply a mystery.

Smiles, Okay wait let allow the person I actually quoted reply . You are interesting anyway
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

The bible did not mention explicitly. However we can make deductions from scriptures. My guess is that He does know but even then the bible says He only speaks what He is given to speak. (John 16:13)

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

I am not surprised at your evasive moves.
I didn't ask for who gets the credit, that's why I inserted the clause "as directed by Jehovah"!
Let me remind you of the question again

The truth know no fear!
Everyone can see you, Shadeyinka, are not in agreement with Genesis 1:1-31.>He, Yahweh created the heaven and earth.
Hebrew 1:1-2>. Yahweh created the universe THROUGH His son.
Genesis 2:1-2 > He,Yahweh rested.
Janosky stays within the bounds of Yahweh's inspired expression of the creation account.
Who is Janosky to dictate for Yahweh?

Since Yahweh's inspired expression are
Shadeyinka's " volumes of irrelevant nonsense!", your "sense" is top notch.
Go & write your own Bible.
Case closed.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

You forgotten Yahweh created Jesus himself in the first place hence the bible said all things are created Through Yahweh as well.
Since you'll like to help your struggling friend. The question is explicit and simple! I have even helped you to clarify by inserting the clause you like to use "as directed"

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Janosky is always like that.
He never read a tiny bit about your explanation, neighbor does he care about studies other than that he had been brainwashed with.
Any scripture not in accordance to their organizations doctrine is an error even when the truth is glaring.

I have asked him several times now who rested after doing the work of creation and I am yet to receive an answer.

Yahweh says He rested, you read the evidence in your own bible @Genesis 2:1-2.

Lies too deh sweet for your mouth, . Gentlemen in the House, beware of this clown who knows more than the Almighty Supreme Eyewitness....

Triune deity pagan pretending to be Christian.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

So much fr immortal soul
Did Jesus soul die as prophesied by Isaiah ? grin
What is Death?

If you can't correctly answer this, there is no use answering you
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Janosky:

Everyone can see you, Shadeyinka, are not in agreement with Genesis 1:1-31.>He, Yahweh created the heaven and earth.
Hebrew 1:1-2>. Yahweh created the universe THROUGH His son.
Genesis 2:1-2 > He,Yahweh rested.
Janosky stays within the bounds of Yahweh's inspired expression of the creation account.
Who is Janosky to dictate for Yahweh?

Since Yahweh's inspired expression are
Shadeyinka's " volumes of irrelevant nonsense!", your "sense" is top notch.
Go & write your own Bible.
Case closed.
See what you've been afraid to say!
Let me oblige you with the question and answer.

Question:
Answer
The actual work of creation was done by Jehovah! Gen1:1
Jehovah rested from His work of creation on the seventh day! Gen2:2
The actual work of creation was done by Jesus! Col1:16
He rested from His work on the seventh day

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

chrmn1 post=

"What you are requesting is unrealistic."
For your mind.....

chrmn1 post= "The phrase "ton theon" was used in the new testament mostly in reference to Almighty God."
(148 times, the Almighty God. Not the Word (Jesus).
That's what Greek John1:1 is saying).

chrmn1 post= In Acts 28:6 "a god" is used and the word is Theon.
(Yes, the people thought Paul was "the God"wink. Were Greek gods immortal?

In Greek John 1:1,is the Word (Jesus) Ton theon ("the God"wink?

How many times was that phrase "ton theon" applied to Jesus?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Why add " a" to Act 28:6 ?

Question 2: Can the Almighty have a God ?
Use of "a" many a times is discretionary because in translating words from one language to another such problems are commonplace.

The point I am making is that whether Theon or Theos is used is not enough justification that one exclusively is used for Almighty God.

"Can Almighty have a God?" They are one in essence the same way the Spirit of God is essentialy divine yet from scriptures He seems to have a different personality from the Father.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Janosky:

chrmn1 post=

"What you are requesting is unrealistic."
For your mind.....

chrmn1 post= "The phrase "ton theon" was used in the new testament mostly in reference to Almighty God."
(148 times, the Almighty God. Not the Word (Jesus).
That's what Greek John1:1 is saying).

chrmn1 post= In Acts 28:6 "a god" is used and the word is Theon.
(Yes, the people thought Paul was "the God"wink. Were Greek gods immortal?

In Greek John 1:1,is the Word (Jesus) Ton theon ("the God"wink?

How many times was that phrase "ton theon" applied to Jesus?

Wrong! The greeks had a pluralistic concept about "God" so saying that Theon was used because they thought Paul was "God" is quite wrong.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

See what you've been afraid to say!
Let me oblige you with the question and answer.

Question:
Answer
The actual work of creation was done by Jehovah! Gen1:1
Jehovah rested from His work of creation on the seventh day! Gen2:2
The actual work of creation was done by Jesus! Col1:16
He rested from His work on the seventh day

Shadeyinka quote> "He rested from His work on the seventh day"
"He" Yahweh rested. Genesis 2:1-2.
Yahweh is NOT Jesus. John 14:1. 17:3.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

Wrong! The greeks had a pluralistic concept about "God" so saying that Theon was used because they thought Paul was "God" is quite wrong.
If Jesus was spoken of in Acts28:6, you will forget "The greeks had a pluralistic concept about "God" because tov Theon was used".
Lol.....

You would even claim that's the reason he didn't die @ Acts 28:6.
Greek gods were not truly immortal.... you know.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
Janosky:

If Jesus was spoken of in Acts28:6, you will forget "The greeks had a pluralistic concept about "God" because tov Theon was used".
Lol.....

You would even claim that's the reason he didn't die @ Acts 28:6.
Greek gods were not truly immortal.... you know.
No sir. I never based Jesus' divinity on the use of Theon and Theos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony / Church Members Flog The Ground (Video) / Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.