Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me (20812 Views)

How many Jehovah's/Yahwe exist (Jews, Trinitarians, Jehovah witness) / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / My Prayer For Trinitarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

No sir. I never based Jesus' divinity on the use of Theon and Theos.

Jesus is a divine being= divinity=divine nature. Not Almighty God.
Greek John1:1 'the Word Jesus was with the God (Almighty).

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

The bible did not mention explicitly. However we can make deductions from scriptures. My guess is that He does know but even then the bible says He only speaks what He is given to speak. (John 16:13)

According to 1 Cor 2:11 that you quote, It KNOWS ALL things of God, does that mean this verse is a Lie ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

According to 1 Cor 2:11 that you quote, It KNOWS ALL things of God, does that mean this verse is a Lie ?
That's why I said my guess is that HE KNOWS. I am actually agreeing not disagreeing.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
Janosky:

Jesus is a divine being= divinity=divine nature. Not Almighty God.
Greek John1:1 'the Word Jesus was with the God (Almighty).
Jesus is human i.e. has a human body (glorified body) and divine i.e. God simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

Use of "a" many a times is discretionary because in translating words from one language to another such problems are commonplace.

You therefore have no right to criticize the NWT use at John 1:1 .

The point I am making is that whether Theon or Theos is used is not enough justification that one exclusively is used for Almighty God.

Jesus is not God Almighty, so he is still a God like others

"Can Almighty have a God?" They are one in essence the same way the Spirit of God is essentialy divine yet from scriptures He seems to have a different personality from the Father.

By essence you mean nature, Thats a silly attempt at evading the Fact that Jesus has a God ( Rev 3:12) ... Are u aware that humans also have divine nature, Does that make them Almighty God ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
chrmn1:

That's why I said my guess is that HE KNOWS. I am actually agreeing not disagreeing.

I actually wanted to draw you out clearly, Matthew 24:36 , Jesus said ONLY the Father knows , If your guess is true, Jesus lied ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

What is Death?

What does death mean in this sentence " Body dies" . exactly what I mean.

So did Jesus soul also die like his Body ? was Isaiah prophecy fulfilled ?

If you can't correctly answer this, there is no use answering you

We know it was prophesied that Messiah soul will die. Deal with it

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 12:01am On Dec 10, 2019
shadeyinka:

Since you'll like to help your struggling friend. The question is explicit and simple! I have even helped you to clarify by inserting the clause you like to use "as directed"

If Jesus did the actual work of creation (as directed by Yahweh), who rested from work?

Exodus 20:11

"for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore Yahweh blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy. " - WEB ( World English Bible )

It has answered you.

Is Jesus,Yahweh the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob? grin grin I think thats the real question that needed answer.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 12:06am On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

You therefore have no right to criticize the NWT use at John 1:1 .
Acts 28:6 talks about the men thinking that Paul was "a god" or "God" in which case we all know they were incorrect. So if "a god" was used here, it was perfectly normal because the context tells that Paul is not God. On the other hand in John 1:1 there is an unresolved argument about the divinity of Jesus and so bias would stick out more clearly here.

Jesus is not God Almighty, so he is still a God like others

When you say he is a god like others. May I know who all the others are? Moses was called a god to Pharoah, children of God are called gods but are they to be worshipped? Jesus on the other hand was worshipped and even forgave sins.

By essence you mean nature, Thats a silly attempt at evading the Fact that Jesus has a God ( Rev 3:12) ... Are u aware that humans also have divine nature, Does that make them Almighty God ?

Jesus has a God because He is human and divine at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 12:09am On Dec 10, 2019
chrmn1:

Jesus has a God because He is human and divine at the same time.

Impossible, Its either he is a Divine Spirit being or an human ... A Spirit does not have flesh and bones. So you contradict yourself. Is Jesus divine or man in heaven ? Take note Rev 3:12 happened in heaven and he still said he has a God, Is he human or divine in heaven ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 12:21am On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Impossible, Its either he is a Divine Spirit being or an human ... A Spirit does not have flesh and bones. So you contradict yourself. Is Jesus divine or man in heaven ? Take note Rev 3:12 happened in heaven and he still said he has a God, Is he human or divine in heaven ?

He had to take up the nature of man because of the redemptive work he had to do. He is a human with a glorified body but also God. He is a spirit being but with a glorified body.

If he wasn't God, it would be sinful to worship Him but even God declares, "let the angels worship Him"

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 12:40am On Dec 10, 2019
Am sorry to use the word clueless reply for you. Cos you missied d entire point am driving at.
chrmn1:

He had to take up the nature of man because of the redemptive work he had to do. He is a human with a glorified body but also God. He is a spirit being but with a glorified body.

Revelation 3:12 occur in heaven, Jesus said he has a God, Mr is he Human or divine spirit when he said this ? He cant be both. Cos spirit doesn't have flesh and blood.

When he said he has a God, was he divine or not ?

If he wasn't God, it would be sinful to worship Him
but even God declares, "let the angels worship Him"

Jesus declare too that Humans be worshipped in the bible, does that make those humans God cheesy ??

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 12:58am On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:
Am sorry to use the word clueless reply for you. Cos you missied d entire point am driving at.

Revelation 3:12 occur in heaven, Jesus said he has a God, Mr is he Human or divine spirit when he said this ? He cant be both. Cos spirit doesn't have flesh and blood.

When he said he has a God, was he divine or not ?

Yes He was divine at the time. I'll explain. He is human wearing a glorified body. It is only reasonable that a human would acknowledge the lordship of the Father.
The mystery is in the fact that He has not lost His divinity. When he came to the world he stripped himself of divinity. But he prayed, "Father glorify me with the glory I had with You before the world was" (John 17:5)

Angels are strictly spirit beings without flesh and blood but Jesus is a spiritual being with flesh and bones. It was a unique creation after the resurrection little wonder Thomas said to Him, "my Lord and my God"

If Thomas erred Jesus would have corrected him.

Jesus declare too that Humans be worshipped in the bible, does that make those humans God cheesy ??

Where does Jesus say that humans should be worshipped?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 1:08am On Dec 10, 2019
chrmn1:

Where does Jesus say that humans should be worshipped?

Firstly, Jesus said A Spirit being cannot have flesh and blood, For you to say he was divine spirit when speaking at Rev 3:12 means He wasnt human. Hence has a God. He isnt Almighty

^^
For Jesus asking humans to accept worship

King James Bible
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

In your own logic, If those humans are not God, they wont have been worshipped ' right ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 6:23am On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Exodus 20:11

"for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore Yahweh blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy. " - WEB ( World English Bible )

It has answered you.

Is Jesus,Yahweh the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob? grin grin I think thats the real question that needed answer.

Good,
Yahweh (Jesus, the Word) who did the actual Work of creation RESTED after His Work.
Col 1:16-18:
"for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him : and he is before all things, and by him all things consist: and he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the pre-eminence."

Your esteemed NWT
Col
16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist,

Note the phrase CREATED FOR HIM
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 6:29am On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

What does death mean in this sentence " Body dies" . exactly what I mean.

So did Jesus soul also die like his Body ? was Isaiah prophecy fulfilled ?

We know it was prophesied that Messiah soul will die. Deal with it
I asked a simple question:
What is death?

I expect the see "Death is.....!"
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 6:31am On Dec 10, 2019
Janosky:

Shadeyinka quote> "He rested from His work on the seventh day"
"He" Yahweh rested. Genesis 2:1-2.
Yahweh is NOT Jesus. John 14:1. 17:3.

I have rested my case.
The One who worked Rested. QED!
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 6:36am On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Firstly, Jesus said A Spirit being cannot have flesh and blood, For you to say he was divine spirit when speaking at Rev 3:12 means He wasnt human. Hence has a God. He isnt Almighty

^^
For Jesus asking humans to accept worship

King James Bible
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

In your own logic, If those humans are not God, they wont have been worshipped ' right ?

Jesus is spirit, soul and body existing as one just like you and me. Difference is that he has a glorified body. After the resurrection, he asked Thomas to touch his palm and Thomas in doing so could feel the hole with which his arm was pierced. It was that same way he was taken up to heaven.

You quoted Revelations 3:9 "Look! I will make those from the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews yet are not, but are lying—look! I will make them come and bow before your feet and make them know that I have loved you." (NWT)

You can see that the version that you trust does not mention "worship". In fact if you look up most of the translations no mention of "worship" is made.

Good morning!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 7:50am On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

I actually wanted to draw you out clearly, Matthew 24:36 , Jesus said ONLY the Father knows , If your guess is true, Jesus lied ?

If Jesus said "only the Father knows" that statement does not preclude the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit is the spirit of the Father.

That scripture reads "Which man knows the things of man apart from the spirit of the man; the same way no one knows the the things of God apart from the Spirit of God" (paraphrased)

If a man has a secret that no one else knows, by the sentiment of the above scripture we can say that man alone knows his secret and his spirit equally knows his secret but these are not two persons but one person. In fact when you say only the man knows the secret you don't need to say the man's spirit knows the secret also. Its already implied because the man's spirit knows everything about the man.

If Jesus said only the Father knows the hour, He doesn't need to mention the Spirit seperately. It is implied by reason of the fact that the Spirit of God has access to the secrets of the Father.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:08am On Dec 10, 2019
chrmn1:

If Jesus said "only the Father knows" that statement does not preclude the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit is the spirit of the Father.

That scripture reads "Which man knows the things of man apart from the spirit of the man; the same way no one knows the the things of God apart from the Spirit of God" (paraphrased)

If a man has a secret that no one else knows, by the sentiment of the above scripture we can say that man alone knows his secret and his spirit equally knows his secret but these are not two persons but one person . In fact when you say only the man knows the secret you don't need to say the man's spirit knows the secret also. Its already implied because the man's spirit knows everything about the man.

If Jesus said only the Father knows the hour, He doesn't need to mention the Spirit seperately. It is implied by reason of the fact that the Spirit of God has access to the secrets of the Father.

Father and his spirit are same persons not different

So Trinity is false ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:12am On Dec 10, 2019
Is KJV now unreliable ? grin

chrmn1:

Jesus is spirit, soul and body existing as one just like you and me. Difference is that he has a glorified body. After the resurrection, he asked Thomas to touch his palm and Thomas in doing so could feel the hole with which his arm was pierced. It was that same way he was taken up to heaven.

Glorified body with wounds ? Thats not glorified

Its either he is human or divine spirit, he cant be both. In Rev 3:12 is he human ?

You quoted Revelations 3:9 "Look! I will make those from the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews yet are not, but are lying—look! I will make them come and bow before your feet and make them know that I have loved you." (NWT)

You can see that the version that you trust does not mention "worship". In fact if you look up most of the translations no mention of "worship" is made.

Good morning!

Have you forgotten the same NWT doesnt use worship for Jesus too, do you agree with it on that ?

Is KJV wrong ?

More issues for you

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Hairyrapunzel: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

But you guys claim the end is imminent too. You even claimed world will end in 1975 too. What's the big deal about only the father knowing? Did jesus tell you he lied?

When it suits your narrative you quote Matt 24:36 but you forget that your daily and hourly mantra is that the end is near yet Jesus Christ said only the Father knows. Hypocrite
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Hairyrapunzel: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Father and the spirit are one whether you and your self appointed men who call themselves gb or Fds class like it or not.

Don't cry o you will still die waiting for armageddon just like your founding fathers died waiting.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Hairyrapunzel: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Its either he is human or divine spirit, he cant be both. In Rev 3:12 is he human ?

Have you forgotten the same NWT doesnt use worship for Jesus too, do you agree with it on that ?

Is KJV wrong ?

More issues for you

Jesus Christ is both. Show me a bible verse that says it's either a human or divine and not both? I know you wouldn't see any

Last last na your assumption.
Nwt is totally wrong sef.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2019
chrmn1:

They are three personalities but one in essence.

Three persons

grin grin Says this Guy, but below he reduced the personality to two .

chrmn1
but these are not two persons but one person .

Father and spirit = one person.

Jesus = second person

Two personalities grin grin grin
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Three persons

grin grin Says this Guy, but below he reduced the personality to two .

Father and spirit = one person.

Jesus = second person

Two personalities grin grin grin

Father, Son and Spirit are three different persons but are essentially one. The Father would not be able to carry out His role as God without the role of the Word and the Spirit.

The bible calls the Holy Spirit the Spirit of the Christ. They are three inseperable entities each having their seperate identities notwithstanding.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Is KJV wrong ?

More issues for you

Not an issue for me at all because Thomas calls him my lord and my God and he didn't shut Thomas' mouth at all.

I'll say it again. God will never sanction the worship of any entity other than God.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Is KJV wrong ?

More issues for you

Claiming that he must be either man or divine spirit but not both would not hold water if not substantiated with scriptures.

Oh are you saying the bible doesnt mention that Thomas placed his finger into his palm and felt the hole that was created when Jesus' palms was pierced? This happening showed his humanity.

He was just as human as he was divine in revelations because there was no change in his state between the encounter with Thomas and that time.

Is NWT now unreliable that you had to quote KJV?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

They are different persons but have a common essence. That scripture compares man/spirit of man to God/Spirit of God. Man reflects the reality of the triune nature of God but not totally. In the case of man the spirit, soul and body are all enclosed in one being but in the case of God the Father and the Word can be in heaven whereas His Spirit is on the earth but one cannot work solely without the intervention of the other.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
chrmn1:

Claiming that he must be either man or divine spirit but not both would not hold water if not substantiated with scriptures.

Oh are you saying the bible doesnt mention that Thomas placed his finger into his palm and felt the hole that was created when Jesus' palms was pierced? This happening showed his humanity.

He was just as human as he was divine in revelations because there was no change in his state between the encounter with Thomas and that time.

Is NWT now unreliable that you had to quote KJV?

Spirit does not have flesh and bones, Do u agree with this ? And is it found in the scriptures ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
chrmn1:

Not an issue for me at all because Thomas calls him my lord and my God and he didn't shut Thomas' mouth at all.

I'll say it again. God will never sanction the worship of any entity other than God.

How about the humans that are worshipped, do u accept they are God ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
chrmn1:

Father, Son and Spirit are three different persons
but are essentially one. The Father would not be able to carry out His role as God without the role of the Word and the Spirit.

The bible calls the Holy Spirit the Spirit of the Christ. They are three inseperable entities each having their seperate identities notwithstanding.

Changing like clouds, grin its now three persons. Back to the question again.

Okay, Does the spirit know the time of the end ? We know Jesus said ONLY THE FATHER knows. Just one person

How many persons know ? One ? Two ? Do u agree with Jesus only one knows ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Fufeyin Makes Prophecies With Colours, Insignia, Drawings In Cloths (Video) / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans / Killings In Nigeria: Paul Enenche Speaks Again, Calls For Self-defense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.