Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me (20927 Views)

How many Jehovah's/Yahwe exist (Jews, Trinitarians, Jehovah witness) / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / My Prayer For Trinitarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

Jesus is not only a physical body. Were it so he couldn't function on the earth. Do you agree that man has a combination of spirit, soul and body? Maybe we should start from there.

In fact you were the one even arguing with me that Jesus is not human but a divine spirit in Revelations.

According to Jesus, you cant be human being and divine spirit being at the same time, Jesus said a Spirit DOES NOT HAVE FLESH AND BONES!!!

SO ITS EITHER Jesus is a spirit being or flesh ( human being ) at Rev 3:12 . he cant be both .

Do you again disagree with Jesus ? grin

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
Barristter07:

Explain how its related to Matt 24:36 ?

Its either two persons or one like Captivator pointed out.
Here God Almighty says He created all things by Himself alone but scattered through out scriptures is the idea that He created all things through Christ? Did He lie, no. If you understand why He did not lie, you would easily see the point I have been trying to make to my friend Captivator.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

They are not God. Who made them God?

Who accept worship , is it not God ?

Didnt they accept worship at Rev 3:9 ?

You hijack a conversation you cant handle

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

Here God Almighty says He created all things by Himself alone but scattered through out scriptures is the idea that He created all things through Christ? Did He lie, no. If you understand why He did not lie, you would easily see the point I have been trying to make to my friend Captivator.

Simply because Jesus rely on his power to do all he did. He can't function without Gods power.

Back to the matter, This Holy spirit we are talking about . a different person right ? So how many person knows the day and hour ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Barristter07:

Emphasis on " ONLY " the Father ? You are contradicting Jesus already

Thank you o

As in ehn, grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

According to Jesus, you cant be human being and divine spirit being at the same time, Jesus said a Spirit DOES NOT HAVE FLESH AND BONES!!!

SO ITS EITHER Jesus is a spirit being or flesh ( human being ) at Rev 3:12 . he cant be both .

Do you again disagree with Jesus ? grin
Yes I agree with Jesus.

A spirit has no flesh and bones but a spirit can wear flesh and bones. The disciples were amazed because they thought the being they had seen was spirit not a man. Jesus said I am a man. Holy Spirit has no flesh/bone so if he had showed up in that room the disciples wouldn't be able to feel his bones.

2 Cor 4:16, 2 Thessalonians 5:23 among other scriptures show that man is essentially made up of both spirit and flesh.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Who accept worship , is it not God ?

Didnt they accept worship at Rev 3:9 ?

You hijack a conversation you cant handle

No He didn't. Check up most of the translations including the one you trust. It says "bow down at your feet"

God would be a liar if He sanctions worship of any entity other than God.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

Yes I agree with Jesus.

A spirit has no flesh and bones but a spirit can wear flesh and bones. The disciples were amazed because they thought the being they had seen was spirit not a man. Jesus said I am a man. Holy Spirit has no flesh/bone so if he had showed up in that room the disciples wouldn't be able to feel his bones.

2 Cor 4:16, 2 Thessalonians 5:23 among other scriptures show that man is essentially made up of both spirit and flesh.

This is called materializing, Angels did it in the past, it doesnt make them human. Once their mission is done, the human body vanish. If thats the case, Jesus can't be human in heaven where Spirit beings Live
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by MuttleyLaff: 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Daejoyoung:
Yes l am willing to be saved, so explain the gospel to me.
The gospel in its purest and undiluted form is that the kingdom of God that was at hand and/or near is here now. All you toiling, all who labor and are heavily burdened, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, the good news is that God is calling and is saying come to Me, I will refresh you and give you rest.

Daejoyoung:
l am not saying you are wrong or that the trinity is false, l am saying there is no proof to show that there should be only one interpretation of the trinity and that this interpretation is necessary for eternal life, because trinity itself as a doctrine (unlike say the divinity of jesus for instance) is an interpretation of the church and has no clear verse in the bible stating it, unless you can prove otherwise.
"Trinity itself as a doctrine (unlike say the divinity of Jesus for instance) is an interpretation of the church and has no clear verse in the bible stating it"
- Daejoyoung.

Gbam. Yes!

Daejoyoung:
My arguement therefore is that if that is the case, then what proof do you have from the scripture that someone's salvation is tied to the orthodox interpretation of trinity?
By orthodox interpretation, l mean three coequal seperate persons in one being.
Where is this particular definition of trinity in bible? how is it important? and how does it give you salvation?
Much ado about nothing

Daejoyoung:
Explain to me your understanding of Jesus, first from the gospels, and then the epistles.
l am just asking questions to learn.
Jesus is God in flesh. The gospel is, God in the person of Jesus physically and humanly lived among us. The epistles are about the God DIY project, they're about Jesus legally coming and lawfully entering earth in going about actualising and fulfilling the God DIY project. The epistles narrate the accomplishment(s), the role, the act and part Jesus played in the God DIY project etcetera
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

No He didn't. Check up most of the translations including the one you trust. It says "bow down at your feet"

God would be a liar if He sanctions worship of any entity other than God.

NwT would never use worship for any person except God Almighty, not even Jesus. So trying to use NWT as reference will wound you.

Are u aware the same Greek word translated worship in the case of Jesus when u said " Let all angels of God worship him " is the Exact same at Rev 3:9 ?? Are u saying its a wrong translation for Jesus too ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

This is called materializing, Angels did it in the past, it doesnt make them human. Once their mission is done, the human body vanish. If thats the case, Jesus can't be human in heaven where Spirit beings Live

Man is essentially spirit, soul and body. This is different from a spirit/angel who has no body.

The bible says "the MAN Jesus is the mediator between God and man."

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

NwT would never use worship for any person except God Almighty, not even Jesus. So trying to use NWT as reference will wound you.

Are u aware the same Greek word translated worship in the case of Jesus when u said " Let all angels of God worship him " is the Exact same at Rev 3:9 ?? Are u saying its a wrong translation for Jesus too ?

I did not mention only NWT but again I put it to you that if God sanctions human worship, He'd be a liar.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

Man is essentially spirit, soul and body. This is different from a spirit/angel who has no body.

The bible says "the MAN Jesus is the mediator between God and man."

You are not serious, we are talking about DIVINE nature, you are saying nonsense. Its either Christ has a Divine nature in heaven or human nature, he cant be both. Is Jesus DIVINE or a man ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

I did not mention only NWT but again I put it to you that if God sanctions human worship, He'd be a liar.

That means Jesus should not be worshipped. Isnt he a human according to you ? In fact that makes it wrong to translate *proskuneo as worship for Jesus , it should be let the angels BOW DOWN . not worship.

Whatever you apply to Rev 3:9 , apply to Jesus too
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

1. I asked that is Jesus the God of Abraham. Isaac and Jacob , You refuse to reply . I still demand an answer to that , Exodus 3:15,16 Yahweh reveal himself as God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Is this Jesus ? Shadeyinka why are you scared to reply .
I did answer you!
I said "Of course"
And I gave you instance from the scripture where Jehovah came with two angels to Abraham.

What other answer do you want?

CAPTIVATOR:

2. You moved to an entirely different subject again, Let me remind you that the three men that appeared to Abraham are ANGELS . One represented Yahweh , God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob . Is Jesus an Angel ?? You are in hot soup for saying one of them is Jesus .
I wish you could justify with the scriptures your claim of "One Represented Jehovah"!

I see that your comprehension of the scriptures is at children class level or your organisation closed your eyes to the plainly revealed.

Let me educate you: the LORD came with two angels to Abraham. The three of them appeared to Abraham as MEN. When the two angels went to Sodom, the LORD stayed behind to speak to Abraham.

Gen 18:1-20,22-23:
"And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, ........

And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; ...
Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. ....

And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him , that he will command his children and his household after him, ....

And the LORD said , Because the cry of Sodom and Gomor´rah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, … And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD . And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?"

I know you are used to twisting scriptures: I am just imagining the new doctrine I'm going to here from you in defence!
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Simply because Jesus rely on his power to do all he did. He can't function without Gods power.

Back to the matter, This Holy spirit we are talking about . a different person right ? So how many person knows the day and hour ?

I have answered you. Meanwhile you evaded my question in Isaiah 44

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

I did answer you!
I said "Of course"
And I gave you instance from the scripture where Jehovah came with two angels to Abraham.

What other answer do you want?

You didnt, I need a direct response : Is Jesus the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob ?

I wish you could justify with the scriptures your claim of "One Represented Jehovah"!

I see that your comprehension of the scriptures is at children class level or your organisation closed your eyes to the plainly revealed.

Let me educate you: the LORD came with two angels to Abraham. The three of them appeared to Abraham as MEN. When the two angels went to Sodom, the LORD stayed behind to speak to Abraham.

Gen 18:1-20,22-23:
"And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, ........

And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; ...
Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. ....

And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him , that he will command his children and his household after him, ....

And the LORD said , Because the cry of Sodom and Gomor´rah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, … And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD . And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?"

I know you are used to twisting scriptures: I am just imagining the new doctrine I'm going to here from you in defence!

How many of the men ate ? You are in soup
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

I have answered you. Meanwhile you evaded my question in Isaiah 44

Seems you have no clue anymore.

Jesus said ONLY the Father knows. One single person, does that not tell you no OTHER person knows ?

You can only make sense if you admit holy spirit isnt a person, but so far you insist it is, You are CONTRADICTING Jesus by saying TWO PERSONS KNOW
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

You are not serious, we are talking about DIVINE nature, you are saying nonsense. Its either Christ has a Divine nature in heaven or human nature, he cant be both. Is Jesus DIVINE or a man ?
my dear, I did not manufacture that scripture. Are you saying that Christ's ministry of mediation only applied to when he was on the earth?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by MuttleyLaff: 9:48pm On Dec 11, 2019
Janosky:
Rev 3:5,12 & John 20:17 is your Deity in heaven NOW subject to his own God & Father as he was on earth?
"Jesus said to them,
“If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God;
nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
"
- John 8:42

Janosky, do you, in relation to God, know what, do-it-yourself, the full form of DIY, is?. Do you know what the God DIY project at all, is? Smh

Janosky, in that John 8:42 above, "exerchomai" is the Greek original word translated as "proceeded forth". By definition, it means, to go or come out of, with mention of the place out of which one goes, or of the point from which one departs. John 8:42 above, makes no mistake, where from Jesus proceeded forth and came from when He was on earth, lol and Rev 3:5,12 tells what Jesus will do while & John 20:17 tells where Jesus has gone back to

Janosky:
Genesis 2:7, says your philosophy is NOT true.
Pagan philosophy masquerading as christianity.
Abeg, park well jare.
You wey no park well well at all get mouth too sha. Na wa ooo smh.

Janosky:
Roman 8:3, who did God Yahweh send to earth in the likeness of men? His son in heaven.
Your superimposition of "the Word" into Genesis Na wayo .. . The Word was facing towards the God. Jesus is NEVER ton theon ANYWHERE in the New Testament SCRIPTURES

Janosky:
Is the God of Genesis 1:1-31, He or triune?
The God of Genesis 1:1-31, is He, is the Godhead, is triune, but not restricted and/or not limited to the triune implying more than a triune because od is I AM that I AM. Meaning that God will be whatever necessary He needs to be

Janosky, is a he. Janosky is his legible written text I've been reading on this thread. Janosky's spoken word is Janosky. Janosky is someone's son, father, brother, nephew, grandpa, husband, friend etcetera. Janosky is the list can be endless and I am sure you're getting the drift.

Janosky:
John 1:1-3. & Colossians 1:13-18 What's the lexicon of Greek "Dia" ?
Your problem is the lack of grasp of the Greek lexicon and with the internet at easy reach, there is no excuse for that

Janosky:
We can't leave out Colossians 1:13-18, that's where your quote should start from.
If your claims were true, Colossians 1:13-18 can a son create his own Father?
You can make it into the history books by being the first son to create his own father, lol

Janosky:
Colossians 1:19, who made all the events of verses13-18 possible?
The Word did. The Word before becoming human body flesh made all the events of Colossians 1:13-18 possible, lol.

Janosky:
How come that after his ascension, God's son is still in the image of God, just like man?
2 Cor4:4. Genesis 1:27
It simply is because God is a Spirit, that cant be seen with human being eyes. God is formless. God is a Spirit, and so has no form and so, God can only be seen as a representation, e.g. fire burning bush, as Jesus Christ the image of the same invisible God
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

my dear, I did not manufacture that scripture. Are you saying that Christ's ministry of mediation only applied to when he was on the earth?

Paul refer to his previous identity as human.

Let me play along with you, That means Christ isn't divine. , agree ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Seems you have no clue anymore.

Jesus said ONLY the Father knows. One single person, does that not tell you no OTHER person knows ?

You can only make sense if you admit holy spirit isnt a person, but so far you insist it is, You are CONTRADICTING Jesus by saying TWO PERSONS KNOW
I am not contradicting Jesus. If contradiction is God saying He created the world all by Himself and we know that He created the world through Christ then I am happy with my contradiction. There is no contradiction here but you willfuly do not see the coded message in the seeming contradiction because of your biases.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Paul refer to his previous identity as human.

Let me play along with you, That means Christ isn't divine. , agree ?

he is also divine just as you have been trying to prove to me all along.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Romans 11:36 is not about Jesus, Verse 35 said this person wasnt given anything. This is not Jesus . clearly its the Father.

Now it says All things are From him . Owner. ( Rev 4:11)

Through him and For him as well ... But through him make me ask: What exactly was made through the Father ?
I do not remember quoting Rom11:36 or even Rev4:11 to you.

The scriptures I referenced to you, you ignored (your normal escape mode).

My Quote:
As far as you are concerned,
1. Yahweh created Jesus
2. Jesus created all other things for Yahweh
But here the scripture you quoted shows that ALL other things were created FOR JESUS!

What's the implication of this simple scripture?
And the scripture was

Col 1:16:
"for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him , and for him: "

Even your NWT agree with the bolded (even though it reads "all other things"wink!

And I said, "what is the implication of the second bolded"?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:
I am not contradicting Jesus. If contradiction is God saying He created the world all by Himself and we know that He created the world through Christ then I am happy with my contradiction. There is no contradiction here but you willfuly do not see the coded message in the seeming contradiction because of your biases.

When you as a Boss , write a letter through your secretary or servant, Who owns Letter ? you. The recipient would never attribute the letter to anyone else. Jesus is Gods servant . Isaiah 42:1 . so that's different, you can do something through your servant and claim all the honor, .

But here is a Case of ONLY the Father knows, Does that not rule any other person out ?

If you as a Boss have access to some confidential info, if you tell any other person, are you still the only one ? Common sense brother
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

he is also divine just as you have been trying to prove to me all along.

He cant be both. A divine spirit does not have flesh and bone. Its either you call him a man or a divine being. Choose
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by MuttleyLaff: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
Janosky:
Just calm down and learn....
Did you really just there suggest I calm, learn and suffer trash gladly erhn? Wonders shall not cease to happen

Janosky:
NWT is very faithful to the Greek language of John 1:1, no addition or subtraction.
Greek Theos = a god, ( divine nature).

PROOF :
* ** Bible > Strong's > Greek > 2316
◄ 2316. theos

Strong's Concordance
theos: God, a god
Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun,
Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Definition: God, a god
Usage: (a) God, (b) a god,"

** In John1:1, TOV theon (the God, Almighty Father of Jesus Christ).
In the Greek language of the holy Bible, ONLY the Father is TOV theon (the God, Almighty Father of Jesus Christ).
## Greek John17:3, Jesus says his tov theon (the God, Almighty Father) is the ONLY TRUE God.
Let this Truth of Greek John17:3 sink into your brain.

Theo's= a god (divine nature) was the Word.

shadeyinka:
You are fond of ignoring question that will haunt you and bury every thing under volumes of words.
I understand that your organisation manufactured "all other things" to fit into your doctrine.

Janosky:
Fine points you made here.
Solid, interesting.
Just watch how our Edionmwan & him comrade go write incoherent jargons & twist the scriptures for their safe landing....
Just observe wetin I tell you so
Its actually you that Daejoyoung should watch and be observing because you are a bad influence. Your comments and write ups are dangerous. They encourage unsuspecting and easily impressionable people to have a dim view of the Godhead, most especially that of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Your comments and write ups cause unsuspecting and easily impressionable people to have bad thoughts about the Godhead, most especially that of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, to the extent of saying our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is a god, and so ascribing our Lord and Savior with a small letter or lowercase g, the same just as like for pagan gods, smh.

Shadeyinka is 1000% correct that you are fond of ignoring questions that will haunt you and that as a strategy, you obfusticate by burying every thing under volumes of words. Case in point of you ignoring questions Janosky, you did not attempt to try and answer each one and any of all of those six questions to you . C'mon Janosky, you let six dead, easy, peasy lemon squeasy, harmless simple questions seem like they are complex, complicated and hard for you to answer, lol

Like I previously have said Janosky, if you had attempted to answer the six dead easy, peasy, lemon, squeasy, harmless simple questions, you wouldnt be making a right prat of yourself on this thread, asking where is the Greek 3588 TÓV (ton), why is the word for word omitted anywhere. You wouldnt be asking for an explanation for why the omission of word for word Greek 3588 TÓV (ton) is in the Greek interlinear screenshot, lol.

Janosky remember that I said to you, let's find out how honest, sincere and truthful, if at all, you are or can be erhn?. Here is how it goes, Janosky please according to your full knowledge and/or your understanding, give an exhaustive list of what the translation and/or meaning of this your much beloved Greek word "TÓV" is, but where is your answer? Why am I not surprised you clammed up and refuse to respond with answers, lol

Janosky:
In Greek John1:1, is Jesus (the Word) tov theon (the God,Almighty Father)?
Your honest answer to that question is the truth of Greek John 1:1.
Let me learn what else is in your brain that you've got it filled up with. Janosky, on a personal level, this means put aside the organisation Jehovah's Witnesses and its doctrine for the moment.

1/ As for you Janosky, (i.e. meaning forget about the organisation Jehovah's Witnesses and its doctrine for the moment) is Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior?
1b/ Why for Jesus our Lord and Savior, God is uncapitalised?
2/ As for you Janosky (i.e. meaning forget about the organisation Jehovah's Witnesses and its doctrine for the moment) is Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior ever, in any or some circumstance be regarded or considered in a specified way to be God (i.e. θεός or Theos)? Do you ever view Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior as God (i.e. θεός or Theos)?. Do you ever see Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior as God (i.e. θεός or Theos)? Do you ever take Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior as God (i.e. θεός or Theos)?
3/ Does the organisation Jehovah's Witnesses ever regard Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior as God (i.e. θεός or Theos)?
4/ Janosky you earlier typed that "tov theon (the God, Almighty Father) is the ONLY TRUE God" Of course "tov theon" equates to and/or means "the God,", but why have you put "Almighty Father" beside "the God" in that bracket? Are you saying "tov theon[i/]" means "[i]Almighty Father"? Translate "Almighty Father" to Greek for us please.
5/ When and/or at what point in time Janosky, did God become a Father?

I can bet a hypothetical third ball that you would never attempt to response to the above four simple questions, lol. Watch Daejoyoung as Janosky does a AWOL with those five questions, as usual, lol

PS: you really need to go brush up on Greek nuances and ways of saying things, as well as learn about inflection in the Greek language, lol. shadeyinka used style tell you about "definite article" but butter nobi monkey food nah, lol
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Abraham entertained THREE MEN and they all ate, according to scripture those entertained are ANGELS , Making the three men angels, Shadeyinka is Jesus now an angel ? Yeeba cheesy serious matter be this o grin yeye
I will quote the text for you: please show from the text that it isn't the LORD and Two Angels appearing to Abraham as Men!

This things I expect you'll have known from the children's class!

Gen 18:1-24; 21:3:
"And the LORD appeared to him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, see, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, And said, My LORD, if now I have found favor in your sight, pass not away, I pray you, from your servant: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort you your hearts; after that you shall pass on: for therefore are you come to your servant. And they said, So do, as you have said. And Abraham hastened into the tent to Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes on the hearth. And Abraham ran to the herd, and fetched a calf tender and good, and gave it to a young man; and he hurried to dress it. And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat. And they said to him, Where is Sarah your wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. And he said, I will certainly return to you according to the time of life; and, see, Sarah your wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? And the LORD said to Abraham, Why did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, No; but you did laugh. And the men rose up from there, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring on Abraham that which he has spoken of him. And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come to me; and if not, I will know. And the men turned their faces from there, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. And Abraham drew near, and said, Will you also destroy the righteous with the wicked? Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: will you also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? … And Abraham called the name of his son that was born to him, whom Sarah bore to him, Isaac."

It's simple English. Easy to comprehend!
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Janosky: 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Jesus said to them,
“If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God;
nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
"
- John 8:42

Janosky, do you, in relation to God, know what, do-it-yourself, the full form of DIY, is?. Do you know what the God DIY project at all, is? Smh

Janosky, in that John 8:42 above, "exerchomai" is the Greek original word translated as "proceeded forth". By definition, it means, to go or come out of, with mention of the place out of which one goes, or of the point from which one departs. John 8:42 above, makes no mistake, where from Jesus proceeded forth and came from when He was on earth, lol and Rev 3:5,12 tells what Jesus will do while & John 20:17 tells where Jesus has gone back to

You wey no park well well at all get mouth too sha. Na wa ooo smh.

The God of Genesis 1:1-31, is He, is the Godhead, is triune, but not restricted and/or not limited to the triune implying more than a triune because od is I AM that I AM. Meaning that God will be whatever necessary He needs to be

Janosky, is a he. Janosky is his legible written text I've been reading on this thread. Janosky's spoken word is Janosky. Janosky is someone's son, father, brother, nephew, grandpa, husband, friend etcetera. Janosky is the list can be endless and I am sure you're getting the drift.

Your problem is the lack of grasp of the Greek lexicon and with the internet at easy reach, there is no excuse for that

You can make it into the history books by being the first son to create his own father, lol

The Word did. The Word before becoming human body flesh made all the events of Colossians 1:13-18 possible, lol.

It simply is because God is a Spirit, that cant be seen with human being eyes. God is formless. God is a Spirit, and so has no form and so, God can only be seen as a representation, e.g. fire burning bush, as Jesus Christ the image of the same invisible God
WordWeb
WordWeb Online

(dictionary & thesaurus)

Verb: come forth kúm forth
1. Come out of
"Water came forth from the hole in the
wall";
- issue , emerge, come out , go forth,
egress
2. Happen or occur as a result of
something
- emerge
Derived forms: coming forth, come forth,
comes forth, came forth
Type of: arise , develop, grow, originate , rise,
spring up "

* MuttleyLaff, from where/whom did you come forth?
You pretend you don't understand Jesus statement of John 8:42 Jesus Christ says he proceeded forth and came from[/u] God[/b]; (in other words, Jesus ORIGINATED from God , his Father in heaven ) that's another decisive blow for your Trinity FRAUD.

The God of Genesis 1:1-31, is He, NOT triune. Where you see triune there?

MuttleyLaff>
Rev 3:5,12 tells what Jesus will do while & John 20:17 tells where Jesus has gone back to"
That's JUNK for my -pastor-said-gullible-sheeples. grin
Yahweh is Jesus Father and God in heaven and earth ,so says Jesus. Why lie against your triune Deity?
Janosky is one being/one person.
Your Deity is triune =3 persons. Your analogy very gross & pointless.

MMuttleyLaff>
Your problem is the lack of grasp of the Greek lexicon and with the internet at easy reach, there is no excuse for that"
* The lie for your lie against the Greek " Dia"= 'THROUGH' in John 1:3. Col1:16. Hebrews 1:2.
@ Colossians 1:19 ,The God & Father of Jesus caused the divine nature to dwell in Jesus His son for Colossians 1:13-18 to take place.
Colossians 1:19.
* For it was by God's own decision that the Son has in himself the full nature of God.
The very reason why your triune pagan Deity& Janosky analogy is gross & pointless.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

I do not remember quoting Rom11:36 or even Rev4:11 to you.

The scriptures I referenced to you, you ignored (your normal escape mode).

My Quote:

And the scripture was

Col 1:16:
"for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him , and for him: "

Even your NWT agree with the bolded (even though it reads "all other things"wink!

And I said, "what is the implication of the second bolded"?

No implication, Thats why I gave you Romans 11:36 , Even the bolded was applied to his Father.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
grin your problem is You jump too much

shadeyinka:

I will quote the text for you: please show from the text that it isn't the LORD and Two Angels appearing to Abraham as Men!

This things I expect you'll have known from the children's class!

Gen 18:1-24; 21:3:
"And the LORD appeared to him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, see, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, And said, My LORD, if now I have found favor in your sight, pass not away, I pray you, from your servant: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort you your hearts; after that you shall pass on: for therefore are you come to your servant. And they said, So do, as you have said. And Abraham hastened into the tent to Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes on the hearth. And Abraham ran to the herd, and fetched a calf tender and good, and gave it to a young man; and he hurried to dress it. And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat. And they said to him, Where is Sarah your wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. And he said, I will certainly return to you according to the time of life; and, see, Sarah your wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? And the LORD said to Abraham, Why did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, No; but you did laugh. And the men rose up from there, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring on Abraham that which he has spoken of him. And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come to me; and if not, I will know. And the men turned their faces from there, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. And Abraham drew near, and said, Will you also destroy the righteous with the wicked? Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: will you also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? … And Abraham called the name of his son that was born to him, whom Sarah bore to him, Isaac."

It's simple English. Easy to comprehend!

Lot called the two angels MY LORD as well, so its no big deal . like i said One angel was representing Yahweh.

Scripture said Abraham entertained ANGELS NOT YAHWEH ,

" Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained ANGELS without realizing it! " Hebrews 13:2

All the men entertained are ANGELS .

Is Jesus now an angel ? Mr Jesus appear grin

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

He cant be both. A divine spirit does not have flesh and bone. Its either you call him a man or a divine being. Choose

It's like you are a little confused. You initally said He is a divine spirit but the scriptures say He has flesh and bones (human).

I have maintained he is both divine and human.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

I Have Never Insulted Buhari - Apostle Suleman / Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today / Pastor Nomthi Odukoya: 'Stop Searching Through Your Spouses’ Phone.’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.