Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me (20690 Views)

How many Jehovah's/Yahwe exist (Jews, Trinitarians, Jehovah witness) / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / My Prayer For Trinitarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
chrmn1:

They are different persons but have a common essence. That scripture compares man/spirit of man to God/Spirit of God. Man reflects the reality of the triune nature of God but not totally. In the case of man the spirit, soul and body are all enclosed in one being but in the case of God the Father and the Word can be in heaven whereas His Spirit is on the earth but one cannot work solely without the intervention of the other.
Its still on record that you said Father and his spirit are same persons. Now you have separated them.

Question : How many persons know the time of the end ? One? Two ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 12:35am On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

How about the humans that are worshipped, do u accept they are God ?
Human worship doesnt make the man God, its idolatry.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 12:41am On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Its still on record that you said Father and his spirit are same persons. Now you have separated them.

Question : How many persons know the time of the end ? One? Two ?
No what I said is that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. You are using the way it applies to humans in understanding how it applies to God. I just gave you an example that the Holy Spirit could be on earth whilst the Father is in heaven unlike how it applies to humans.

Now the only one that has a human side to him is Jesus and that was because of redemptiom/the fall of man. The Holyspirit has no human side and the Father has no human side. So if Jesus says that only the Father knows the time, the Spirit automatically knows the time even if it is not mentioned explicitly.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 8:27am On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

No what I said is that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. You are using the way it applies to humans in understanding how it applies to God. I just gave you an example that the Holy Spirit could be on earth whilst the Father is in heaven unlike how it applies to humans.

Now the only one that has a human side to him is Jesus and that was because of redemptiom/the fall of man. The Holyspirit has no human side and the Father has no human side. So if Jesus says that only the Father knows the time, the Spirit automatically knows the time even if it is not mentioned explicitly.

You are only sounding more silly u know?

Father is a different person from the holy spirit agree?

If yes, everything you type at bold is trash cos it means Jesus Lied only one person when they are actually two diffferent person that knows

I still demand an answer, which is correct

• Only the Father ? ( one person)

or Father and Holy spirit? ( two person )
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

Human worship doesnt make the man God, its idolatry.

Rev 3:9 - Jesus supported Idolatry ? grin
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

The baffling thing is despite your record is here where you said Father and Holy spirit are same person . You are still twisting , With that single statement the whole of trinity is in shambles since we do not have three different persons but two ( Father and spirit = person one ) ( Jesus = person two ) ( person three ?) grin grin

Realizing this you changed mouth again and said they are three personalities, three different persons which even complicate matters more, how many persons know the time of the end ?

Jesus said one single person, is he lying ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

The baffling thing is despite your record is here where you said Father and Holy spirit are same person . You are still twisting , With that single statement the whole of trinity is in shambles since we do not have three different persons but two ( Father and spirit = person one ) ( Jesus = person two ) ( person three ?) grin grin

Realizing this you changed mouth again and said they are three personalities, three different persons which even complicate matters more, how many persons know the time of the end ?

You know you went AWOL after you couldn't answer a simple question.

Ok o!

Please, who owns the Universe?
You may call Janosky to help you out.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

You know you went AWOL after you couldn't answer a simple question.

Ok o!

Which question exactly ? Have answered you. I wasn't notified of your next replies. But replied now

Please, who owns the Universe?
You may call Janosky to help you out.

Yahweh own the universe . " Father of all" " From whom all things came from " Eph 4:6 , 1Cor 8:6
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

Good,
Yahweh (Jesus, the Word)
who did the actual Work of creation RESTED after His Work.
Col 1:16-18:
"for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him : and he is before all things, and by him all things consist: and he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the pre-eminence."

Your esteemed NWT
Col
16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist,

Note the phrase CREATED FOR HIM

Your premise is flawed

Yahweh isn't Jesus. Let me show you Yahweh, when revealing himself to Moses he said I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. One question for you : Is Jesus the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

Good,
Yahweh (Jesus, the Word) who did the actual Work of creation RESTED after His Work.
Col 1:16-18:
"for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him : and he is before all things, and by him all things consist: and he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the pre-eminence."

Your esteemed NWT
Col
16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist,

Note the phrase CREATED FOR HIM

Romans 11:36 Concerning Yahweh, The God and Father of Jesus, verse said " FROM HIM and BY HIM and FOR HIM are all things "

" FROM HIM " . never used For Jesus. Superiority

Question here is: What was created through Yahweh, Father of Jesus ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

I have rested my case.
The One who worked Rested. QED!

Typical ignorance display. Scripture said Yahweh rested , Is Yahweh Jesus ? Mr man

Exodus 3:15,16 Gives the identity of Yahweh as God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob .. Abeg , is that Jesus ??
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

I asked a simple question:
What is death?

I expect the see "Death is.....!"

For clearer understanding , am using your point of view to explain my point. When u say " human Body dies " what do u mean by death ? Exactly my definition of death.
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

For clearer understanding , am using your point of view to explain my point. When u say " human Body dies " what do u mean by death ? Exactly my definition of death.
I asked a question!
There isn't anything difficult in saying what death means. So, stop being evasive except you don't know the answer!
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Typical ignorance display. Scripture said Yahweh rested , Is Yahweh Jesus ? Mr man

Exodus 3:15,16 Gives the identity of Yahweh as God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob .. Abeg , is that Jesus ??
I will respond to this by showing you that Yahweh is the "Word made Flesh"

Gen 18:16-22:
"And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomor´rah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD."

The same Yahweh who Abraham stood before is "the Word became Flesh"!

If God is spirit, who stood with two angels with Abraham?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Romans 11:36 Concerning Yahweh, The God and Father of Jesus, verse said " FROM HIM and BY HIM and FOR HIM are all things "

" FROM HIM " . never used For Jesus. Superiority

Question here is: What was created through Yahweh, Father of Jesus ?

As far as you are concerned,
1. Yahweh created Jesus
2. Jesus created all other things for Yahweh
But here the scripture you quoted shows that ALL other things were created FOR JESUS!

What's the implication of this simple scripture?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Your premise is flawed

Yahweh isn't Jesus. Let me show you Yahweh, when revealing himself to Moses he said I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. One question for you : Is Jesus the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob ?

Of course!

John 8:56-58:
"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it , and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am ."

And the upper part of the scripture I quoted above:
Gen 18:1-3:
"And the LORD appeared unto him
in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, and said, My Lord , if now I have found favor in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:"

Did Jehovah become Flesh here?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by shadeyinka(m): 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Which question exactly ? Have answered you. I wasn't notified of your next replies. But replied now

Yahweh own the universe . " Father of all" " From whom all things came from " Eph 4:6 , 1Cor 8:6

Good! You have spoken the truth according to

Col 1:16:
"for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"
Check the bolded: FOR HIM (Yahweh)!

Rev 4:11:
"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

the baffling thing is that you are misinterpreting my statement. Okay ignore every notion in your head and settle it that there are 3 persons functioning in a manner such that one cannot function without the others.

You are also implying that the lack of mention of the spirit implies that he isn't involved. Perhaps God was lying when He said, "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the LORD, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;" Isaiah 44:24

Was God lying when He said this because all through scriptures its clear that God made the world along with the Word and Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

the baffling thing is that you are misinterpreting my statement. Okay ignore every notion in your head and settle it that [b] there are 3 persons [/b]functioning in a manner such that one cannot function without the others.

You are also implying that the lack of mention of the spirit implies that he isn't involved. Perhaps God was lying when He said, "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the LORD, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;" Isaiah 44:24

Was God lying when He said this because all through scriptures its clear that God made the world along with the Word and Spirit.

Confused fellow grin grin

If there are three person, please how many persons know the day and hour , ?

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

Of course!

John 8:56-58:
"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it , and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am ."

And the upper part of the scripture I quoted above:
Gen 18:1-3:
"And the LORD appeared unto him
in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, and said, My Lord , if now I have found favor in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:"

Did Jehovah become Flesh here?

1. I asked that is Jesus the God of Abraham. Isaac and Jacob , You refuse to reply . I still demand an answer to that , Exodus 3:15,16 Yahweh reveal himself as God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Is this Jesus ? Shadeyinka why are you scared to reply .

2. You moved to an entirely different subject again, Let me remind you that the three men that appeared to Abraham are ANGELS . One represented Yahweh , God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob . Is Jesus an Angel ?? You are in hot soup for saying one of them is Jesus .

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

As far as you are concerned,
1. Yahweh created Jesus
2. Jesus created all other things for Yahweh
But here the scripture you quoted shows that ALL other things were created FOR JESUS!

What's the implication of this simple scripture?

Romans 11:36 is not about Jesus, Verse 35 said this person wasnt given anything. This is not Jesus . clearly its the Father.

Now it says All things are From him . Owner. ( Rev 4:11)

Through him and For him as well ... But through him make me ask: What exactly was made through the Father ?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

I will respond to this by showing you that Yahweh is the "Word made Flesh"

Gen 18:16-22:
"And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomor´rah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD."

The same Yahweh who Abraham stood before is "the Word became Flesh"!

If God is spirit, who stood with two angels with Abraham?

Abraham entertained THREE MEN and they all ate, according to scripture those entertained are ANGELS , Making the three men angels, Shadeyinka is Jesus now an angel ? Yeeba cheesy serious matter be this o grin yeye

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by CAPTIVATOR: 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

I asked a question!
There isn't anything difficult in saying what death means. So, stop being evasive except you don't know the answer!

Dpnt confuse yourself . we have figurative death and real death often called physical death or Adamic death. Am speaking in context of Adamic Death, When a man becomes a non living .

With this definition, I ask: Did the Messiah soul dies as prophesied by Isaiah ?
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 8:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

You are only sounding more silly u know?

Father is a different person from the holy spirit agree?

If yes, everything you type at bold is trash cos it means Jesus Lied only one person when they are actually two diffferent person that knows

I still demand an answer, which is correct

• Only the Father ? ( one person)

or Father and Holy spirit? ( two person )
You always use wrong assumptions. They are different I agree and I even explained to you how this is the case citing that the Father is in heaven today whilst the Spirit is with us. You are straw-clutching my great guy.

The reason why the Spirit knows is because He knows the secrets of the Father so I am saying to you that Jesus did not need to declare that the Spirit also knows. It's just like saying you and your spirit know about a secret privy to only you. The difference between you and God is that the spirit and soul and body are enclosed in one in you whilst with God they are different personalities. Read Isaiah 44:24 and tell mme if God lied.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Barristter07: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

The bible did not mention explicitly. However we can make deductions from scriptures. My guess is that He does know but even then the bible says He only speaks what He is given to speak. (John 16:13)

You mean Jesus lied that only the Father knows ? Emphasis on " Only "
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Confused fellow grin grin

If there are three person, please how many persons know the day and hour , ?
answer my question in Isaiah 44 don't escape. The Father and the Spirit know the hour. Jesus is in a different form compared to the two. He did it for humanity. The Father and Spirit have no human side.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Barristter07: 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

You always use wrong assumptions. They are different I agree and I even explained to you how this is the case citing that the Father is in heaven today whilst the Spirit is with us. You are straw-clutching my great guy.

The reason why the Spirit knows is because He knows the secrets of the Father so I am saying to you that Jesus did not need to declare that the Spirit also knows. It's just like saying you and your spirit know about a secret privy to only you. The difference between you and God is that the spirit and soul and body are enclosed in one in you whilst with God they are different personalities. Read Isaiah 44:24 and tell mme if God lied.

Christ said only one personality, the Father knows, Was he mistaken ? Emphasis on " only "

Cc: Captivator
Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
Barristter07:

You mean Jesus lied that only the Father knows ? Emphasis on " Only "
Read Isaiah 44:24

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Barristter07: 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

answer my question in Isaiah 44 don't escape. The Father and the Spirit know the hour. Jesus is in a different form compared to the two. He did it for humanity. The Father and Spirit have no human side.

Emphasis on " ONLY " the Father ? You are contradicting Jesus already

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by Barristter07: 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
chrmn1:

Read Isaiah 44:24

Explain how its related to Matt 24:36 ?

Its either two persons or one like Captivator pointed out.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

Spirit does not have flesh and bones, Do u agree with this ? And is it found in the scriptures ?
Jesus is not only a physical body. Were it so he couldn't function on the earth. Do you agree that man has a combination of spirit, soul and body? Maybe we should start from there.

In fact you were the one even arguing with me that Jesus is not human but a divine spirit in Revelations.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me by chrmn1: 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
CAPTIVATOR:

How about the humans that are worshipped, do u accept they are God ?
They are not God. Who made them God?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.