Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317257 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 12:10am On Nov 04, 2019
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!you're back!

I wasn't expecting you till like next year,but u came back *sobs in relief*

Alisdare and Roselle abi Rosanna, I've already mixed up the Roses, don't mind me, I'll catch up
Ehn ehn, RoAlis! I love them.

Mayowa is heartbroken and Tinu is scared, motherly instincts maybe?

*In Frank Edoho's voice* And watch out, as Millieademi bounces back on this riveting, seat gluing, page turning novel!

Welcome back babe❤️
More creativity and less writer's block IJN
AMEEEEEEEN!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Treasurewamiri(f): 12:15am On Nov 04, 2019
Chai! I feel for Mayowa O! The person hoping to surprise someone ended up being surprised

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by PrudySara(f): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2019
Wow! Wasn't expecting you'll get back this quick... But I'm glad you're back...

Just like Oremeyii, Both Roses are still getting me confused.. but I'm loving Alisdare and Rose..

I also feel for Mayowa..imagine coming back to behold the sight of his girlfriend locking lips with another man...

More ink to your pen Millieademi✔�

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
His smile withered away as he stood there watching her kiss another man, feeling sadness, hatred and anger come to a rolling boil in his blood and wishing he could unsee what he had just seen. He cleared his throat and they broke apart. He saw guilt paint her face. He saw the guy whisper something in her ear and he had to wrestle the urge to throw him across the room.

“Roselle, it’s nice to see you.”, he said.

“Mayowa, I’m…you’re…. I mean what are you doing here?”, she said quivering. He watched the guy put his arm protectively around her waist and he swallowed the laughter that was about to erupt from his throat as she wriggled out of his hold.

“I came to surprise my girlfriend or are you his girlfriend? I don’t know. I’m not sure. At least she was when I left for Abuja.”, Mayowa said.

“Rose, is he saying the truth?”, the man asked in shock.

“Mayowa, it’s…”, she started in tears.

“Save it. I don’t want to hear it. I’ll send the driver over later to pick up my things. Good bye.”, he said and strode to the elevator through a path between them. He shook his head in disappointment as the elevator descended. To think he going to ask her to move in with him. He never pegged her as the cheating type but then women would be women- unpredictable and unreliable.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Rose whimpered as she turned to face Ose. His glare was what she met. She sighed and wiped her face. His eyes told her definitely that he was angry.

“Ose, please I can explain.”, she said.

“I don’t want to hear it. I was your fling, a side boo. Did I get it wrong or is there something you want to add?”, he spat in her face.

“Ose, please. I really liked you. I was just confused.”, she said.

“You weren’t confused, Rose. You wanted to have your cake and eat it too. You know I thought you were different. I thought I meant something to you…”

“You do. I just….”

“What is Mayowa then?”, he asked. She kept mute. And he sighed. “That’s what I thought. Rose, I’m an all or nothing kind of guy. I don’t share and I most definitely do not steal another guy’s girl. Please if you ever talk to Mayowa again do tell him that I would have never gone out with you if I knew you were taken. Good bye, Rose.”, he said and walked out.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Mr. Jason Oduah picked up his youngest grandchild and sat by his wife as she bounced the oblivious Chris on her knees. They were just back from the cemetery. He looked at Tinu and didn’t know what to say to her. She just sat on a wingback chair and cried silently. He looked at his wife and back at Tinu.

Margaux came into the room with a glass of water and a pill case. He wished Tinu would finally agree to take her medication. She hadn’t eaten anything in days neither had she taken her medicine and supplements. He knew she was grief-stricken but she had to take care of herself for the baby’s sake.

“Tinu, you have to take your drugs.”, Margaux said.

“Thank you but I don’t want to.”, Tinu whispered and blew her nose.

“Tinu, come on. You have to take care of the baby. You have to eat and take your drugs.”, his wife said.

“Please, I don’t have the appetite. And I need to eat before taking the drugs so please. Margaux, mum thanks but I can’t.”, she said.

“Tinu, I know it can be painful…”

“No, you don’t know. How could you possibly know?”, Tinu said and got up. “Excuse me.”, she said and left the room.

“Dad, what do we do?”, Margaux asked in tears.

“Leave her. She’s grieving.”, he put in.

“Leave her? She is pregnant. She needs to eat and take her medicine for the baby’s sake. If anything happens to that baby...”

“Nothing will happen. Just calm down. She’s a mother, she won’t let anything happen to her baby.”, he explained.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Tinu curled into a fetal position, clutching a picture frame to her chest, crying her eyes out and praying it was a nasty dream. She couldn’t believe it. It had to be a dream. Yes, it had to be a dream. That was the only logical explanation. Yes. She sat up and wiped her eyes. She was just dreaming and soon she’d wake up. What was she thinking? Chris would never leave her. Even when he had cancer, he was strong and there. Chris wasn’t dead.

She checked the time. It was five minutes to six. Chris would be back from the country club with the twins. They’d be hungry. She got off the bed and walked out of the room to the kitchen. She walked into the pantry and brought out a big tuber of yam. She went back in and brought out a mortar and pestle. A maid walked in and stood in shock as she watched Tinu carry the heavy mortar.

“Grace, good. Please help me wash this mortar and pestle. I want to make pounded yam.”, she said and walked over to the island. She pulled out a knife from the drawer and brought a pot down from the overhead cabinet cum light tube holder. She took them to the sink and rinsed them. She filled the pot with water and brought it back to the island. She remembered she hadn’t thought of the soup to eat it with. Chris loved Ofe Nsala. She would need fresh catfish. She dropped the knife in her hand and ran back upstairs to get her purse and car keys. She ran back downstairs when she had them. She casually walked into the living room and was about leaving when Mrs. Oduah called her back.

“Tinu, where are you going?”, she asked.

“It’s almost six. Chris and the twins will soon be back from their swimming lessons. I need to make dinner. Chris loved Nsala so I need to head to the market.”, Tinu answered smiling. She saw her in-laws look at her in shock and at themselves. “Mum, I have to leave now if I am going to be able to get good fish. I can’t believe I forgot they would be coming back early. They’d be hungry. And I told Chris to let me pack something for lunch but oh no, he didn’twant to carry lunch boxes.”, she said giggling.

“Tinu, sit down for a bit.”, Mr. Oduah said and approached her slowly.

“Dad, I won’t get good fish if I go late.”, she grumbled.

“Please just sit for a bit.”, the man said and watched her reluctantly take a seat close to his wife.

“Tinu, I know it’s painful. But this denial is unhealthy. You have to come to terms with Chris' death.”, he explained slowly so that she could get it.

“Dad, what are you talking about? My husband isn’t dead. God forbid. Chris won’t die but live to declare the glory of the Lord in the land of the living. I reject it.”, she said, outraged. “I don’t know the idiot that told you that lie but my husband is alive and well. He took Temi and Tóminí for the swimming classes. He’ll be back any time soon.”

He looked at his teary eyed wife and daughter and I wondered what to do with Tinu.

“Tinu, Chris is dead.”, he said.

“I said he isn’t.”, she said raising her voice. “Chris, would never leave me. He promised me.”

“Tinu, please. Accept it. Chris is dead.”, Margaux begged sobbing.

“Margaux, if you say that I swear I will hit you. My husband is not dead. What is wrong with you? Is he not your son? Is he not your brother? Are you praying for him to die? Stop it please. Chris is not dead. My husband is not dead.", she said and ran out of the house.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by MumIbeji(f): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
Chris is not dead jooorrrr embarassed embarassed embarassed
Don't kill Chris please cry cry cry

Welcome back millieademi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Treasurewamiri(f): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Chris? Dead? How? When? Where? Why? @millieademi biko feed us more

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Timba24(m): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
nawa oooo. So chris is dead for real. What a loss.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by HowDareU: 9:10am On Nov 05, 2019
Nice story. Your description was top-notch. Your use of adverb almost overshadowed the story: In writing, try to 'tell' but don't 'say'.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Eddyella(f): 9:11am On Nov 05, 2019
Chris can not be dead o.
When nd how Chris of all people. Abeg,come explain o...

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:30am On Nov 05, 2019
HowDareU:
Nice story. Your description was top-notch. Your use of adverb almost overshadowed the story: In writing, try to 'tell' but don't 'say'.

Thanks love.

I'm working on that. Taking classes and all.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:36am On Nov 05, 2019
Hi guys.

Please who has tissue? I'm still crying from Chris's burial.

Yes, it's official. Chris is dead. The details will be communicated in subsequent updates.

If you think Chris's death is something to wail about, then y'all better invest in a tissue box to be prepared for what is going to happen later.

We'll soon be wrapping up this installment of Ocean of Secrets.

Update will be later this evening.

By the way, did someone change the title of the thread?

I love you all.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ezinwa25(f): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2019
Chris should not die biko
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by novenatim(m): 11:02am On Nov 05, 2019
Good story, keep it up. Can you please forward it to email, i'll be glad if you can.........timothyayankoya@yahoo.com
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jamesfadairo(m): 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
millieademi:
I hope you enjoy it. But I'm sorry but if there are no comments by evening, I'll delete this thread.
Sorry for the threat.
following, thank God you didnt delete
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
jamesfadairo:

following, thank God you didnt delete

Abi. We sha thank God
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jamesfadairo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
millieademi:
Hello, good evening. Here's another update. kiss kiss

[b][/b]**AUTHOR'S NOTE: THERE MIGHT BE A FEW SCENES YOU MIGHT FIND OFFENSIVE AND GRAPHIC. PLEASE SKIP PAST IF YOU CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING SCENES OFFENSIVE.** THANK YOU!! smiley smiley

Enjoy!!

please did u delete/modify this update?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Chapter 20

Tinu's hand rubbed her eyes as she awakened from her drug induced sleep. She groaned in pain and her stomach rumble in hunger. Her ears rang and her optical senses doubled everything they saw. She shook her head to clear up the shaky, multiplied images but regretted it immediately. A gong crashed in her head as she did so.

She had to find something to eat. She threw her legs over the side of the bed. She had just had the craziest dream. She was so terrified to wake up in the fear that it was real. She wiped the tear that escaped from her eye. It felt so real. Chris was dead in the nightmare. She shook her head, thanking God that it was a dream and praying for such dreams to go back to the sender.

She stood slowly and waited before taking a step. She shuffled out of the room to Chris’s office. She opened the door and found the office empty. She closed the door and walked towards the staircase. Slowly and steadily she descended the stairs with her head pounding and stomach growling.

“Chris. Chris. Where are you?”, she called out as she walked towards the study. She pulled open the door and met the study empty. She left the office and met her in-laws walking towards her withworry etched onto their faces.

“Mum, dad. Good afternoon. Where’s Chris?”, she asked. “Is he in the living room? I had a nasty dream.”, she informed them as she walked past them towards the living room.

“Tinu.”, Mr. Oduah called her back.

“Yes Dad.”, she answered and stopped.

“Tinu, this is unhealthy. Please. I know it hurts but this denial is not safe for you or the baby. Please just come to terms with this. The sooner you do so the sooner we can all get closure. Chris’s passing is painful to each of us. I should know. I’m his father. I can’t compare my pain to yours Tinu. He was your husband, your better half, the father of your children. Please, accept this.”, Mr. Oduah said.

“No. No. My Chris isn’t dead. You’re lying to me. Chris promised me. He promised he would fight death before he lets it tear us apart. He wouldn’t leave me just like that. He promised to be there when I felt the baby. Chris never breaks his promises. My husband isn’t dead. My husband is not dead.”, she screamed with tears rolling down her cheeks.

“I think she needs professional help.”, Mrs Oduah said under her breath but Tinu’s elephant ears caught it.

“What do you mean by professional help? Are you saying I’m mad? Are you trying to say that I’m insane for refusing to believe that my husband isn’t dead?”, she roared.

“Tinu, that isn’t what mum was saying? We only mean well. We all saw his body at the morgue. You were there…”

“My husband is not dead!”, she insisted.

“Chris is dead. Tinu accept it. Tinu accept it.”, Margaux said.

“No,no,no.”, Tinu said and shook her head vehemently.

“Tinu, please.”, Mrs Oduah put in and hugged her.

“No, he said he would never leave me.”, she sobbed.

“He didn’t want to. Know that. Chris loved you so much if he had a say he would never leave you. Please, Tinu.”, the older woman cooed tenderly and stroked Tinu’s head as she sobbed.

So it was true? Her dream wasn’t a dream. It was her macabre reality. She would give her life for it to be a nightmare at least it would come to an end. How was she supposed to live without him? How was she supposed to raise the children on her own? How was she supposed to exist without him by her side? How? Just how? If only there had been some sort of sign that morning. Something to give her some sort of heads up, then she would have never let him out of her sight that morning. He was so immaculate that morning. She could remember that sharp creases of his white shirt's collar as she folded it over his red stripped tie. She remembered his joke about him always looking like his mum had dressed him up as she brushed his hair. She remembered how the light bounced off his shiny black oxfords. She remembered the feel of his lips against her that morning and the taste of coffee on his tongue. She remembered the way he stroked the back of her hand and told her he’d be back before she knew it.

Tears and fresh sobs racked her. He didn’t come back. And he wasn’t coming back. She would never see his onyx black eyes again or his mischievous smile that started with one lip tugged up.. She would never feel his arms encircle her late at night when he returned from work. She would never have some one take her side against the twins when she was scolding them. She would never have someone to laugh with when she was excited, or cry on when she was in despair or shout at when she frustrated. She would never have Chris.

“Please tell me you’re lying to me.”, she wheezed amidst sobs

“Sorry.”, her mother in-law said and she sobbed harder.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
Serves Roselle right, she should be able to face the consequence of her action then find a way to seek retribution.
Chris dead shocked I'm also in denial like Tinu, it really hurts cry
Welcome back millieademi, I never expected you back so soon, we really missed you oooo kiss
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Kindoo: 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Yesterday is the mother of today. What you were pregnant with yesterday is what you live today. Be mindful of today, it is the mother of tomorrow. Be rightly pregnant.

Read a story, Tell a story.
Wurastories.com.ng

Post your stories, read stories on Wurastories.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ligxy(f): 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please, don't kill Chris. Just don't.
I started this story from the beginning today, and I was loving it until now.
Don't let Chris die please, or else, I'll run away from this thread like I always run away from those sadist writers movies.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Zuriel100(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
milli dear.. abeg am confuse..how comes z Chris dead?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Erica1988: 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
I can't wait to see the end of this story. I thought Roselle be begging Ose not Mayowa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
Whoa, whoa, whoa (slams foot on brake and tyres screech as the car spins in circles and draws similar skid circles on the asphalt)

I am not a sadist. I love being happy and making people happy.

When I said I'm not normal, I didn't mean I'm a sadist.

Please o. I find that evaluation of my writing offensive.

If Chris died, it was necessary for the advancement of the plot.

Life is tough and shit happens. I don't write fairytales. I love reading them as much as the next person. Really I do. I totally adore Hallmark movies. But I don't write 'em.

Please do not run away from the book. But if you can't stomach it, I understand.

The details of Chris's gruesome death will be revealed in subsequent updates like I said before.

Let's put the stones and wooden stakes and bonfires away. I'm not a wicked witch. I'm not a sadist. Let's chill with our ice cream buckets and popcorn and sit back and enjoy the novel.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ligxy(f): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
millieademi:

Whoa, whoa, whoa (slams foot on brake and tyres screech as the car spins in circles and draws similar skid circles on the asphalt)

I am not a sadist. I love being happy and making people happy.

When I said I'm not normal, I didn't mean I'm a sadist.

Please o. I find that evaluation of my writing offensive.

If Chris died, it was necessary for the advancement of the plot.

Life is tough and shit happens. I don't write fairytales. I love reading them as much as the next person. Really I do. I totally adore Hallmark movies. But I don't write 'em.

Please do not run away from the book. But if you can't stomach it, I understand.

The details of Chris's gruesome death will be revealed in subsequent updates like I said before.

Let's put the stones and wooden stakes and bonfires away. I'm not a wicked witch. I'm not a sadist. Let's chill with our ice cream buckets and popcorn and sit back and enjoy the novel.
Lol, not calling you a sadist dear. My statement was just a simile, you definitely write beautifully, but biko, don't give us bitter pills to swallow again. Abeg, ejoor, biko.

And don't be offended, I sincerely didn't mean any offence...

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Eddyella(f): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
That serves Roselle right.

Hope Ose won't be coming 4 my dear Rosana

Team

#RODA#

#ROALIS#

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hmmmmm Chris

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by daddio(m): 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
millieademi:

I'm not a wicked witch. I'm not a sadist. Let's chill with our ice cream buckets and popcorn and sit back and enjoy the novel.

Hmmmmm, good witch, where are Tinu's children?

cool
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
daddio:

Hmmmmm, good witch, where are Tinu's children?

cool

I'll take that as a compliment. Tinu's children are in a boarding school.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Diistro(m): 5:01am On Nov 06, 2019
millieademi:

I'll take that as a compliment. Tinu's children are in a boarding school.

Yo millie..I came outta the ghost hole because of you..your story is Young thug and Finna typa hot.Gat a collabo in mind.Please how can I get your contacts..?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Adeola25(f): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2019
This story is just wow. Well done op and welcome back.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by ThePreachersSon: 12:14am On Nov 07, 2019
I crossed this thread yesterday, and I've been cruising it until now. Millieademi, you are in every shade, wonderful. I appreciate every twist, turn, and curves. You write like my favorite female writer.

Waiting for more secrets to flow down this path tho.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.