Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317124 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by marvin906(m): 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
jayextra:

u say?

tear's to all..
no mercy

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jayextra(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
marvin906:

tear's to all.. no mercy
choi! grin
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
aprilwise:
The story have too many characters I can not differentiate Rose and Roseanna.

Roselle and Rosanna are too different Characters with two different, well, characters and personalities. Please take your time when reading and you'd notice.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by izaray(f): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
aprilwise:
The story have too many characters I can not differentiate Rose and Roseanna.
Lol, same with me, all I do now is wait for Chris and Tinu's update

Op well done
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2019
millieademi:

Had you given up hope that they'll have a baby?

Chris isn't possessive per se. He's just protective. Christian Grey is what you call possessive.

Dare and Rosanna aren't back together yet. He only explained his side after ten years. She's still angry.

If they'll get back together, I don't know.

Actually, Tinu was cute crushing on Dele. I honestly thought they'd end up together.

Guys keep commenting on favorite scenes.

And please vote o.

Are we for Dare & Rosanna or Ose & Rosanna?

And is there anybody that actually likes Roselle? Please comment o.

I love you guys. Updates will be later in the day. Hope the rain isn't spoiling your day. kisskisskisskisskisskisskiss

I didn't give up hope that they'd have a baby, I didn't even think they'd have another child. I thought Chris jnr would be the last born.

Protective/ Possessive, hmm ko kan mi.

I know Alisdare and Roselle aren't back together yet, I know she needs time B4 she can forgive him. Please don't let Ose confuse her, both of them don't need confusion in their lives rn. I have a question tho', has she broken up with that her former bf, because if not that can be an opportunity for Alisdare, this is how it goes; She missed her date with him and he goes to check up on her her and sees her coming out of Ose's apartment (since she doesn't want Ose to come over to her crib) and they're all loved up, he's shocked and confronts them. Ose is heartbroken (just small) and leaves her, her bf doesn't trust her anymore and leaves. She's distraught and Alisdare comes over and comforts her.

Ose's heartbreak can lead him to Rosanna too, it's one stone killing all the birds.

I don't "not" like Rosannna, in fact I compare her bossy attitude a little to Osas Ighodaro's character in the New money movie.
I like Rosannna better, she's quirky, and a little awkward, just like me *smiles angelically then grins a little too widely*
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Timba24(m): 10:12am On Oct 15, 2019
hmmm. Dis story is getting dicy. Am scared for tinu, i pray she doesnt lose her pregnancy again and also chris has a hidden secret that he doesnt want tinu to know. I still see dele and tinu coming together again. Millie abeg feed us more
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:05am On Oct 16, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Rosanna ran after the manager of the cleaning agency that cleaned the building. She hollered after him and finally caught up to him. She was breathless when she eventually stood before him. She had had to take the stairs when she saw him get into the elevator. She applauded herself for getting to him in time.

“Good evening sir. I’m so sorry to disturb you.”, she panted.

“It’s not a problem, my dear.”, he said.

“Sorry sir, I’d like to know the janitor who cleans the bull pen.”, Rose asked.

“I hope there’s no problem.”, the man asked in panic.

“No,sir. None at all. He or she moved some of my things and I’d like to instruct him not to.”, she lied.

“Are you sure that’s all? If they took anything, please tell me. We need to protect the face of the agency.”, the man said.

“No, he didn’t.”, Rose said.

“Ok, I’ll send him to you tomorrow morning.”, he said.

“Thank you very much sir.”, she put in.

“Youre welcome dear.”, the man said and left. She turned and saw her that her driver wasn’t waiting for her. She groaned in pain.

Not today of all days.

She had forgotten to take her slippers along and her feet and ankles were already killing her from running in heel. She made a mental note to leave her flip-flops permanently in her drawer. She brought out her phone and called her driver. The man picked at the second ring.

“Thank God, Timothy. Are you almost here?”,she rushed the second he picked the call.

“Madam, I don carry oga go meeting.”, the man explained.

“What?!”, she said.

The man thinking her understanding of pidgin was rusty explained, “I take Oga to meeting.”

“I heard you the first time. When are you getting here then?”, she said and rubbed her forehead in frustration.

“I no know o. Oga say make I wait for am.”, he. explained.

“What happened to Dad’s driver?”, she asked as she contemplated removing her shoes.

“John wife no dey well. I go check her for hospital.”, the man answered.

“Ok, thank you then.”, she said and cut the call.

She sighed. Her father must have forgotten to inform her. She would have to take a taxi home. She hoped she would find one quickly as she made her out of the building.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Rose stood there waiting for a cab but they seemed to have boycotted this route. She shifted her weight from one leg to the other trying to get comfortable or at least alleviate the pain she was feeling. She felt moisture hit her skin and she wiped it off. She felt it again and again then she realized it was drizzling.

You have got to be kidding me.

Of all the days for it to rain. She wished she had been more attentive. At least she’d know how to drive herself home already. She was contemplating going back into the building to wait out the rain. If there were no cabs now, there’d likely be none during the rain. The rain began falling and she wished she made her decision sooner as she ran back into the building.

She ran into the lobby where she stood alone.

So much for wanting to stay behind to catch up on work.

She brought out her phone and checked the time. It was 9.11. When would she get home? She thought of calling Timothy again and decided against it. Her father would freak out if he discovered she hadn’t gotten home. She was about calling the house to send someone over to pick her up when a voice called out to her. She turned and saw him standing there drenched with his shirt sleeves rolled up his forearms, looking all macho. Her breath caught at the sight of him. Water dripped from him reminding her of the day he first kissed her under the rain. She shook her head to dispel those foolish memories of the time they were together.

“Are you okay?”, he asked as he walked up to her.

“Dare, what are you doing here?”, she asked flustered.

“I was at your house waiting for you. I was worried sick when your housekeeper told me you get off work by five thirty and then she said the three drivers were unavailable to pick you up. You were stranded. I had to come pick you up.”, he explained.

“You didn’t have to. I wasn’t stranded. I was about calling someone to get me.”, she defended haughtily.

“Well, I’m here anyway. Let’s go.”, he said and stretched out his hand.

“im perfectly capable of walking by myself. Thank you.” The universe decided to play a prank on her. As she took a step, her smooth sole slid over the wet tiles and she slipped. Her arms flailing everywhere as she tried to grab unto to some thing to prevent her fall. Luckily, Dare grabbed her to prevent her from falling. He had her pulled flush against him and his eyes bored down into hers.

“Are you okay?”, he asked. She mouth was dry as bone as she nodded. Being in his arms reminded her so much of the feelings she had for him. She could still feel the Sparks she felt all those years ago whenever he touched her. Now, they were even worse. They were more electric and had her breathless in seconds.

She slowly pulled away from him and allowed him to lead her to his car.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Tinu saw the pregnant woman coming in her direction and called out her name. The woman smiled brightly and came to join Tinu.

“Hi, Tinu. What a coincidence. How are you doing?”, Marilyn said.

“Im good love. How are you doing? Hope you haven’t been bumping into more pregnant women.”, she joked.

“Of course not. Would you like to join me? That’s if you’re not expecting someone. I was supposed to meet up with my sister-in-law but her overprotective mother-in-law prevented her from leaving the house. I decided to stay for their chocolate cake. I could die for it.”, Tinu gushed.

“Me too.”, Marilyn squealed.

“Awwn.”, Tinu cooed.

“So what do you do?”, Marilyn asked.

“Well, I’m an HR manager. At least, I used to be. Now, I’m a housewife.”, she said and signaled to the waiter.

“Wow, your husband must be set for him to want a housewife. Most men want someone who can help pay the bills.”, Marilyn said.

Tinu looked at her warily and said, “I had a couple of miscarriages so my husband insisted I stay at home for the duration of this pregnancy.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”, Marilyn said as she saw Tinu’s distrust. The waiter brought over their menus and Tinu looked at her phone and said, “Oh my goodness, I have to go.”

“Hope nothing is wrong.”, Marilyn asked concerned.

“No, just a family emergency. I’m sorry. We’ll see when we see.”, Tinu said and left the table hurriedly.

Marilyn swore under her breath at her stupidity. She knew Tinu bolted because of her comment on her husband. She was so lucky his sister didn’t show up if not, she’d have recognized her and she’d be exposed.

7 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by mubarakyoung: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
man u vs liver
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by toyhin123(f): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Eddyella(f): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
I need more of Rosanna and Alisdare.

It seems those two are my favourite 4 now.

Team#RODA#

Nyc job u've done here.
#More grease 2 ur elbow# ...More ink 2 ur pen...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2019
Eddyella:

Team#RODA

I'm with you on this smiley

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ann2012:

I'm with you on this smiley
Me too❤️

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2019
Eddyella:

Team#RODA#

Nyc job u've done here.

#More grease 2 ur elbow#
...More ink 2 ur pen...

Actually, team #RoAlis sounds better

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hi guys!! How has your week been? I hope it's been great. Mine has been dramatic. From having two compulsory tests on the same day, to getting scared of having an extra year, to facing I.O. Smith.

*sigh* Anyway, that's by the way.

Please, let's leave the torches and pitchforks in the barns after reading this.

I'm currently putting a hold to Ocean of Secrets for three major reasons.

First off, it's a temporary hold.

Secondly, I thought I could pull off writing for you guys and reading for exams. Seriously, I thought I could but anytime I open MS Word, my school conscience pricks me and I get writer's block.
The second reason is that after exams I have a project to work on that will take a lot of my time. Thirdly, I want time to develop the new characters. I've had over a year to work on characters like Tinu, Chris, Dele, Felicia and the others. Characters like Dare, Ose, the Roses are relatively new and I want to work on them a bit before continuing.

Don't hate me. Please, don't. I will return with better updates when I'm done. Please, believe me. I will.

It's been fun sharing my world with you. I love you guys. This is not just banter. I really do love you guys. And you are all amazing.

P.S. We are almost done with Ocean of Secrets: The Ebb. After it, there's the sequel - Ocean of Secrets: The Wave.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by toyhin123(f): 1:40am On Oct 20, 2019
U re really a great writer and I really really appreciate ur efforts in going to that extent to satisfy ur readers.

Please take ur time to do whatever u want to do dear and I wish u success in ur exams.

I love u and i believe u would come back to complete this wonderful story. I would always be here waiting for u dear.

Kisseeeesssss

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 6:36am On Oct 20, 2019
You've been doing wonderfully well, you're gifted.
I wish you all the best dear, and I know you'll do just great.
You'll be back and better kiss

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Eddyella(f): 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
You've really tried dear and I know you will surely come back and complete the story just as you've said.

Best Of Luck In Your Exams And Project.

#Nairalanders Cares#

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
Take all the time you need babe, but pls just greet us once in a while, so we'll know you still exist =_= =_= =_=
I'm sure d story will be better after dis break, and although it's a little heartbreaking, we'll live.

But I have one question tho', the break is for how long? Like 3 months or 6 months sumthin?

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2019
Okay, take care. Good luck to your test, exams and project. More grace, see you soon.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Zuriel100(m): 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
millieademi:
Hi guys!! How has your week been? I hope it's been great. Mine has been dramatic. From having two compulsory tests on the same day, to getting scared of having an extra year, to facing I.O. Smith.

*sigh* Anyway, that's by the way.

Please, let's leave the torches and pitchforks in the barns after reading this.

I'm currently putting a hold to Ocean of Secrets for three major reasons.

First off, it's a temporary hold.

Secondly, I thought I could pull off writing for you guys and reading for exams. Seriously, I thought I could but anytime I open MS Word, my school conscience pricks me and I get writer's block.
The second reason is that after exams I have a project to work on that will take a lot of my time. Thirdly, I want time to develop the new characters. I've had over a year to work on characters like Tinu, Chris, Dele, Felicia and the others. Characters like Dare, Ose, the Roses are relatively new and I want to work on them a bit before continuing.

Don't hate me. Please, don't. I will return with better updates when I'm done. Please, believe me. I will.

It's been fun sharing my world with you. I love you guys. This is not just banter. I really do love you guys. And you are all amazing.

P.S. We are almost done with Ocean of Secrets: The Ebb. After it, there's the sequel - Ocean of Secrets: The Wave.

. wow!! you have bin doing a great job here... wish u all d best in ur exams... stress free project too, which school are u??

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
toyhin123:
U re really a great writer and I really really appreciate ur efforts in going to that extent to satisfy ur readers.

Please take ur time to do whatever u want to do dear and I wish u success in ur exams.

I love u and i believe u would come back to complete this wonderful story. I would always be here waiting for u dear.

Kisseeeesssss

Thanks love kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
Oremeyii:
Take all the time you need babe, but pls just greet us once in a while, so we'll know you still exist =_= =_= =_=
I'm sure d story will be better after dis break, and although it's a little heartbreaking, we'll live.

But I have one question tho', the break is for how long? Like 3 months or 6 months sumthin?

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I don't think it will be up to 6 months.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
Zuriel100:
. wow!! you have bin doing a great job here... wish u all d best in ur exams... stress free project too, which school are u??

Thanks. UNILAG
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ezinwa25(f): 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2019
Great work dear
More grace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
best of luck in ya exam. Ayolomajasi

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Zuriel100(m): 11:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
millieademi:

Thanks. UNILAG
OK dear... any platform u on, so we could stay in touch?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2019
millieademi:

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I don't think it will be up to 6 months.
You're welcome.
6 months? I'm weak rn, buh it's ur decision and I respect it.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by PrudySara(f): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
Take all the time you need dear, and wishing you success in your exams...

We'll be here awaiting your return!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by PrincessSheris: 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
wish u the best dear

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Kingsintei(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
When i saw the title of this story i was skeptical about it. As i began reading ah was really captivated.. OP you're wonderful.

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
Hi guys. Happy New Month. It's been a while. I'm still napping from all the overnights. (Don't mind lazy ass me. It was just one I did) We give glory to God for grace, strength and direction.

Mama is now an FYB. I can't shout. I've really missed you guys so much.

I'm going to drop something tonight. It's a bit small. I'm sorry. My brain is not exactly in creative writing mode yet. I'll see what I can do this week.

So tell your friends to tell their friends to tell their friends to tell their enemies to tell their grandparents to tell their neighbors that Ocean of Secrets: The Ebb is back. And season finale is coming soon.

Sorry, I'm ranting. But you get the gist sha.

Sooooo, let's begin.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Rose sat in the car quietly, grateful for the heater. The car had been at a standstill for minutes and she was afraid to start a conversation with him. She looked out the window as the rain fell heavily, watching the small ripples the raindrops created on the increasing flood. She saw him clicking away on his phone from the corner of her eye and felt disappointed. Didn’t he feel the sparks she felt earlier? Even if she didn’t want him to act on it, he was so stoic and emotionless. She berated herself and continued to enjoy the downpour of the rain.

“Do you mind if I put on some music?”, he asked, talking to her for the first time since she got into the car.

“It’s your car. You can do whatever you want.”, she said still pissed and staring out the window.

She heard him open his briefcase and saw him hand a disk to the driver. Soon, the car was filled with the voice of Frank Sinatra singing The Way You Look Tonight. She turned to face him but he was typing on his phone again. She scoffed in anger and opened her handbag to search for her earphones. A simple search turned into a rummage as she tried to find her earphones. She then remembered she had borrowed one of their interns who was working on transcribing some notes. She groaned in anger. Today was just not her lucky day. Faith Hill's soft voice took over next and she hoped the disk didn’t have all the songs she had drunkenly told him that she’d love to dance to on her wedding day.

Her worst fears were confirmed as the disk played all the forty songs she had fantasized she would dance to. She hated her nineteen year old self with venomous hatred. She exhaled as the last song played and turned to look at him.

“Can you put it off now? I’m trying to get some shut-eye.”, she said surlily.

“It’s my car. I can do whatever I want.”, he answered.

“Come-on Dare, be courteous.”, she groaned.

“Try taking your own advise sometimes.”, he put in.

She sighed and said, “Im sorry for being rude. Please can you stop the music? I want to sleep.”

“Fine. Nate, put the music off.”, Dare said.

“Yes sir.”, the driver said before switching off the music player.

“Dare, thank you for picking me up.”, she cooed.

He turned to look at her and nodded. “When are you leaving Nigeria?”, she asked.

“When I have you back.”, he said matter-of-factly. “Nate, is there no other route?”

“This is the only way to the Island, sir”, the driver answered.

“This is preposterous.”, Dare said.

“Are you sure you can stay in Nigeria till you get me back? Cause you’re gonna be here a long time.”, she said and stared him on.

“Having you is worth the wait.”, he said with a glint in his eyes and a smile on his lips. Rose shook her head in disbelief and rolled her eyes

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Tinu's lips spread into a smile as she looked at the result of her tenth attempt at stencil making. This was a miracle baby and she was going to decorate her nursery with her own hands. She picked up the can of paint and opened it. She was pouring it into the painting tray when her hands slipped and the paint spewed all over her work surface staining her stencils. Her heart started a treadmill run and breathing hastened. Worry from nowhere hit her. Why was she so afraid? She felt the way she used to feel whenever she did something wrong and her mum told her “o ma wa ba mi n le”. She picked up the can and tried to save the paint left in it. A sob stung her throat and her hands started quivering. Nothing could stop the floodgates from opening. She started crying and sobbing and she didn’t know why.

Is this hormones?

It couldn’t be. She wasn’t the type that had the dramatic mood swings. Or was she? She pulled at the neck of her form fitting tee trying to allow her more air as she felt suffocated. The hair on her body stood on end and bumps crawled her skin. Shivers ran up and down her body and her heart picked up the pace. Why was she so afraid? The last time she felt this afraid was when…

Realization hit her like a storm and louder sobs followed suit. She ran out of the soon to be nursery and down the hallway to her room. She rushed to where her phone was charging and she picked it up and dialed the number of the headmaster.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Mayowa smiled as he got out of the elevator. The Supreme Court decided in favour of his client and unanimously upheld the decision of the Court of Appeal much sooner than expected. His plan was to surprise Roselle. He told her he was returning in a week just so he could catch her unawares. He walked into the reception and flashed a smile at the new receptionist.

“Good afternoon sir. Welcome to FDL Publishing. How may I help you?”, she cooed and batted her eyelids.

“Good afternoon, miss. I’m here to see Miss Roselle Pepple.”, he said and leaned against her desk.

“Sir, she stepped out for lunch about an hour ago.”, the receptionist answered smiling.

Mayowa's brows stitched themselves together as he checked the time. Roselle never went out for lunch. She didn’t like spending money she didn’t need to.

“Ok. I’ll come back to see her.”, put in and turned to leave.

He wondered why she decided to eat out. He had teased her time and time again that she was the only working class lady he knew that had a lunch box. He walked towards the elevator and he heard her voice. She was laughing. His lips tugged into a smile as he waited to see her reaction.

His smile withered away as he stood there watching her kiss another man, feeling sadness, hatred and anger come to a rolling boil in his blood and wishing he could unsee what he had just seen.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.