Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,180 members, 7,835,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317833 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by importantperson: 1:09am On Nov 07, 2019
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by importantperson: 1:11am On Nov 07, 2019
kingofcasting:
grin
you be goat oo, must you quote everything?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Diistro(m): 2:28am On Nov 07, 2019
Yo millie ademi..allow me to dick ride a lil bit even tho you female but I think you among the top three writers in this naira land tho.. You should venture into writing movie scripts tho..

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Diistro(m): 2:30am On Nov 07, 2019
importantperson:

you be goat oo, must you quote everything?

As in eh.the matter weak me sef.he is not just ordinary goat.mentally derailed hausa goat.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by emperortobby1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
This is my first time of comment on any story or novel here... My writer kudos to you for a job well done I love your writing skills. But pls try and update on time the suspense is to much when I say is to much I hope you what it means

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by SmithN: 12:00am On Nov 08, 2019
What a nice story this op get

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 6:38am On Nov 08, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Dele’s face lightened up as he saw Seyifunmi walk through the arrival gate. She smiled and waved as soon as her eyes located him. He missed her. He had never felt more lonely despite the calls and chats. She had grown on him and it dawned on him there and then as she sashayed towards him pulling her suitcase behind her, that he was in love with her. He waited for her at the edge of the drop-off and pick-up area. His arms instinctively wrapped themselves around her as she got within reach. He held her tight, picked her up and spun her as she giggled.

“Ive missed you.”, she said as he put her back on her feet.

“Me too.”, he said and collected her bag from her.
“Thank you.”

“So how was it? How was New York?”, he asked and led them through the bustling passengers to the carpark.

“Well, the conference was amazing, elucidating and worth my while and naira. Thanks for telling me about it. Despite the terribly long flight from California, New York was great. I met up with an old friend. She lectures at Columbia. She took me to all the fun spots. There’s this stand she took me to. She said the man makes the best hotdogs in all of Manhattan. I can’t testify to that but it was the bomb. It totally ruined Nigerian hotdogs for me. On Saturday, she took me to Coney Island. God, Dele, it was the most fun I’ve had in a while. We went clubbing two nights ago. It was fun.”, she babbled in glee.

“Well, I’m glad you had fun and you enjoyed the conference.”, he said.

“So, what’s next on the Receive Seyifunmi itinerary?”, she asked as he opened the trunk to stash her suitcase.

“Well, I drop off at your house and you sleep off the jet lag and I head back home and catch up on Murder Files reruns. I have to make good use of this public holiday.”, he teased and opened the passenger door for her.

“But I had a different expectation. I was hoping we could head back to your place and we could both work on curing my jet lag.”, she said and snaked her arms around his waist and kissed his cheek.

“Well, if you put it like that, then I guess we can arrange that.”, he said and kissed her cheek.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Rosanna smiled at the man in front of her and shook her head. Dare had made it a point of duty to have his driver pick her up every day. It was cute and if she was being honest, endearing.

“Thank you but I’m not leaving yet. I’m going to the café across the street to get something to eat. I’m working late. Would you like some doughnuts or you prefer sausage rolls? I’d like to get you some.”, she said.

“No, thank you ma. I’m ok.”, the man said.

“Are you sure?”, she said.

“I am, Miss Rose. Thank you for offering.”, he put in.

“Ok, then”, she put in and left. She crossed the road and walked to the café. She walked up to the counter and ordered a bottle of cream soda and sausage rolls for herself and a bottle of orange juice and doughnuts for Mr. Nate. He deserved it. He was an efficient driver. She turned around after receiving her order from the barista and walked smack into Ose. Her heart quickened and she cleared her suddenly parched throat.

“Hi, Mr. Lawrence.”, she greeted.

“Hi.”, he answered curtly and moved away from her. She was crestfallen for a while but shrugged it off seconds later. His attitude towards her was not novel and hence shouldn’t surprise her. She walked out of the café and stood by the pavement waiting for the safe moment to cross.

“Rose..”, a voice called and she turned back. “I’m sorry for being hostile to you. I’m just … I’m having a bad day.”, Ose explained.

“Is that the reason for your behavior today or I always catch you on your bad days?”, she replied.

He sighed and said, “You remind me so much of someone I want desperately to forget. But that doesn’t justify my nasty behavior to you. I’m sorry. Please can you accept my apology?”

“What motivated you to apologise?”, she asked.

“Well, I don’t know. The manners my cousin tries to instill in me are finally getting through to me?”

She smiled weakly and said, “Apology accepted then.”

“Thank you.”, he said and walked back into the café. She smiled and crossed the road.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Tinu pulled on the sleeves of her black woolen sweater as she descended the stairs. The maid had told her a strange lady was looking for her. She wasn’t really in the mood to see anyone. She was just going to ask the woman to leave. She had asked the maid to do that but the woman said she won’t leave without seeing her. She walked into the living room and saw Ajiri waiting for her with a baby carrier.

“AJ?”, she asked not trusting her eyes.

“Tinu!”, Ajiri said and ran to hug her friend. “I saw it in the news. How are you? How are you holding up?”

“I don’t know.”, she said and released her friend. Ajiri led them to a sofa and they sat side by side.
“I just told the twins. They didn’t take it so well. They fell asleep after crying themselves to sleep. I’m trying to be strong for the sake of the children. I.. I guess that’s how I am holding up. I’m trying to be strong and figure out how to live the rest of my life without him.”

“I’m so sorry for your loss.”, Ajiri said.

“Thank you. Thank you for coming over. I really didn’t expect it.”, Tinu said.

“Youre my best friend, Tinu. I may have been stupid and judgemental about you getting married to Chris but I love you. Everything I said that night was because I thought I could protect you from another Dele. I have to be here for you now. Because it’s what friends do.”, she said.

“Thank you.”, Tinu said and squeezed Ajiri's hand.
“What’s her name?”, she asked referring to the baby in the carrier.

“Evwomazino.”, Ajiri replied.

“She’s beautiful.”, she said weakly and wiped a stray tear away.

“Tinu, everything is going to be ok. I know it hurts but you’re going to bounce back stronger.”, Ajiri assured squeezing Tinu’s hand.

“I know.”, she said and sighed. “Can I ask you for a favor?”

“Sure, anything.”, Ajiri answered enthusiastic.

“I was trying to rearrange our closet before the maid called me. I want to put away his stuff and being surrounded by his things….”

“You want me to help you in packing them up?”, Ajiri asked.

“I’m so sorry. I’ve been putting it off for a month now. I wanted to wait to I was strong enough to deal with it but I’m not and…”

“I understand. You don’t have to explain.”, Ajiri said. “I’ll help you.”, she said.

“Thank you. You don’t know how much this means to me.”, Tinu said.

Ajiri smiled weakly and held her friend’s hand. She wished she could take away Tinu’s pain. Tinu wasn’t really strong when it came to handling loss. And now, being pregnant she had to face it again. She hoped her children would be enough reason for her to be strong.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 6:48am On Nov 08, 2019
Diistro:
Yo millie ademi..allow me to dick ride a lil bit even tho you female but I think you among the top three writers in this naira land tho.. You should venture into writing movie scripts tho..

Thanks. Thanks. Thank you.

I'll put a pin in that.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 6:51am On Nov 08, 2019
emperortobby1:
This is my first time of comment on any story or novel here... My writer kudos to you for a job well done I love your writing skills. But pls try and update on time the suspense is to much when I say is to much I hope you what it means

Awwn. Thank you. I'm honored to ellicit your first comment.

There's no such thing as too much suspense but I'll try to update a bit more frequently. (I ain't making any promises though)
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 6:52am On Nov 08, 2019
ThePreachersSon:
I crossed this thread yesterday, and I've been cruising it until now. Millieademi, you are in every shade, wonderful. I appreciate every twist, turn, and curves. You write like my favorite female writer.

Waiting for more secrets to flow down this path tho.

Thanks love.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2019
Maybe that hotdog is what Tinu needs right now cry
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Zuriel100(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2019
tnx for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Mayowa sighed as he met Rosanna outside his apartment that evening. She got up immediately she saw him.

“You might think this is endearing but it’s getting irritating.”, he said as he locked his door.

“Mayowa, please. I’m sorry.”, she begged.

“Roselle, you are getting infuriating. Forget about us, about me. What language do I have to say it in before you understand?”, he asked.

“Mayowa, please.”, she said and went on her knees. “Forgive me.”

“Hey baby!”, a feminine voice called from behind her. Roselle turned to see a pretty young woman in a gown that barely covered her bum walking towards them. The woman hugged Mayowa and he kissed her. Not the quick peck on the lips, but a slow, long and tender French kiss.Her heart was crushed as she watched him passionately kiss the woman in front of him. She wiped a tear that fell from her eye. She heard the lady moan in pleasure and all she wanted to do was pull her by her ridiculously long hair extensions and give her a beating she would never forget.

Mayowa broke off the kiss and held the woman possessively by the waist the way he had held her so many times. The stupid woman rubbed herself shamelessly against Mayowa and asked, “Babe, who is this?”

“No one.”, Mayowa said. She tried not to feel hurt. She had betrayed him and they weren’t together anymore. He could kiss whoever he wanted. Despite all her rationalizing the statement, she couldn’t help but feel hurt and jealous.

“Are you ready to leave?”, she asked.

“Definitely.”, he said and she led them out of the hallway.

Roselle sat by his door and cried in sadness and at her stupidity.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Dele bent over Seyifunmi to pick up his phone to check his email and she grumbled and groaned.

“Don’t do that!”, she complained.

“Madam, my legs are not a pillow.”, he put in.

“But I find them comfy.”, she whined and he shook his head laughing. He unlocked his phone and saw an email from a law firm requiring him to be present at the reading of the will of Christopher Oduah Senior. A gasp escaped his lips. Chris was dead?

“What’s wrong?”, Seyifunmi asked groggily.

“Someone I know died.”, he answered and dialed Tinu’s number.

“Oh, sorry.”, she put in and made to sit up but he pulled her back down. She smiled and closed her eyes.

“Hello, Tinu. How are you doing? …. I just found out. My condolences…. How are the kids? Tóminí especially…. I got a mail from a firm to be present for the reading of his will…. Ok… I hope you’re fine though…. I’ll be there…. I’m sorry for your loss.”, he said and hung up.

“Was that your ex-wife?”, Seyifunmi asked.

“Yes. Her husband died.”, he explained.

“Bummer, she’s one unlucky lady.”, she said and closed her eyes to sleep.

Dele shook his head and opened inbox and checked for a mail he was expecting. But throughout that day he couldn’t help but wonder how Tinu and the twins were faring.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Dele looked up again and met the piercing glare of Ajiri, Tinu’s old friend. Apparently, the lady had not forgiven him for what he did to Tinu. She bounced her baby softly and cooed beautiful words in her ears yet gave him a look that could kill. Tinu walked into the room and he was very grateful. She was a shadow of herself. Her eyeballs were pink from crying and her lower lids were swollen with eye bags. Her beautiful relaxed long hair was nowhere to be found. Her hair was due for a trip to the salon. Her hair was pulled up into a ponytail of split ends and tendrils were falling out of the ponytail. She wore a black, massive abaya but her baby bump was visible.

“Dele, good afternoon.”, she greeted and hugged him.

“Hey. How are you?”, he asked in concern.

“Im fine. We’re waiting for my sister-in-law and then we’ll begin.”, she answered.

“How is Tóminí?”, he asked.

“Well, she wasn’t great at first. But then after her grandma explained that her daddy was going to heaven, she began to take it in stride.”, she answered.

“Sorry ma'am.”, a maid called. Tinu turned to face her. “Miss Margaux is around with Mr Daniel.”, the maid said.

“Thank you, Nadia.”, Tinu said. “Shall we?”, she said and led Dele to the terrace where the lawyer and Chris’s parents and sisters were waiting.
He greeted the elderly couple and the lawyer before taking a seat. He nodded in salutation at the younger couple.

“Now that we’re all here, we can begin. I will now proceed to read the last will and testament of Mr. Christopher Oduah Senior.”, the old attorney started and broke the seal on the customized envelope. He brought out the document and began to read.

“The Last Will and Testament of Christopher Oduah Senior. If this is being read, then I am dead…” The lawyer was interrupted by the sob that came from Tinu.

“Tinu…”, the elderly woman called softly and held her hand.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry, sir.”, she said sniffling and wiping her tears with her handkerchief.

“Ok. I’ll begin again. The Last Will and Testament of Christopher Oduah Senior. If this is being read, then I am dead. The following paragraphs delimit how I intend my property to be shared among my loved ones. My shares in Oduah Holdings Corporation, I bequeath in even shares to my three beautiful children- Oluwatomini Nicole Oduah, Temiloluwa Stephen Oduah, and Christopher Levi Oduah Junior and my lovely wife, Atinuke Coker Oduah. Her share being held in trust for our unborn child, our little Regina or Rex.” Tinu whimpered but the lawyer proceeded.

“To my beautiful niece, Genevieve Isioma Onugha, I leave my penthouse situate at Royal Gardens Housing Estate, Lekki. To be held on trust by her parents. To my darling sisters, Margaux and Monique, I leave my two houses in Johannesburg. I leave my Ferrari to my brother in law, Daniel Onugha so I can rest in peace. My houses in Abuja, Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Milan and New York, I bequeath to my children. They will be held on trust by Mr. Dele Dáramólá and Stellar Wealth Managers till my children attain the age of twenty-five years. They are to be distributed among them as they deem fit.

This is to bring to the attention of the executors and trustees of this document the existence of a trust fund created for my four children for their education, welfare and upkeep. The balance of my personal accounts in Union Bank of Nigeria Plc and First Bank of Nigeria Plc, I donate to the Healing Hands Cancer Research Centre, Nigeria to aid the research of better treatment for cancer patients. The balance of my personal account in United Bank for Africa, I leave to my wife.
To my Atinuke, my lady in the cyan bodycon dress, the woman who stole my heart and loved me with every fiber of her being, my love, my heart, my partner, my wife; you are the best choice I ever made and if we return to this world again, I hope I find you. To my wife, I leave the Cyan Lady, my residence, the Oduah Crown Jewels I inherited from my mother, my cars, the beach house in Seychelles and my shares in Getaway Inns and Taverns.

I name Dele Daramola as residuary legatee. I appoint Mr. Femi Fasina, Mr Jason Oduah and Mr. Dele Daramola as executors.”

There was a long eerie silence punctuated by Tinu’s frequent sniffles. The lawyer the spoke again, “That was the will of the deceased. I will begin filing for probate on Monday.”

“Thank you very much.”, Mr Oduah said. “I really appreciate…”

“You can’t go in there.”, a voice shouted sternly.
The sound of a heated argument was heard.

“What is going on out there?”, Mrs. Oduah asked.
Not long after, two men and three uniformed policemen came in with Ajiri and two maids on their tail.

“What is going on here, officers?”, Mr Oduah stood and asked in outrage.

“Good day. We are sorry to interrupt. I am Detective Hameed Hamza and this is my partner Detective Luke Dogo.”, one of the men in mufti said and they both flashed their identity cards. “ We are looking for Mrs. Atinúké Coker Oduah.”
“I am Atinuke Coker Oduah. How may I help you?”, she asked as she stood up.

“Mrs Atinuke Coker Oduah, you are under arrest for the murder of Christopher Oduah Senior.”, the detective announced as his partner approached her to handcuff her.

“What?!”, Tinu, Dele, Ajiri and Margaux said in unison.

“I didn’t kill my husband.”, she shouted in outrage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:37am On Nov 08, 2019
Bring on the comments on o. Breakfast has been served.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Timba24(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
na wa ooo. It is getting serious.. Well done millie

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2019
Timba24:
na wa ooo. It is getting serious.. Well done millie

Youdonnowarrisgoingon. I really feel for Tinu though. Thanks b
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Timba24(m): 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
millieademi:

Youdonnowarrisgoingon. I really feel for Tinu though. Thanks b
abi naw. What else, frm fry pan to fire. I pity tinu. It is lyk she is born to be trouble always. Abeg add another update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Pls this pain is too much for Tinu na

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by MumIbeji(f): 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
Millie, don't hurt Tinu anymore pleaseeee. This is too much pain abeg
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Slyvesterjosh: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
One of the reason I hate reading stories. cry
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jamesfadairo(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
answerspls:
HONESTLY,you know what,i have come across so many vocabs here that i had to look up for their meanings,worthy of note again is the fact that despite the lengthy nature of it,the suspense had not waned a bit,that is d interesting part of it, infact i see another TECO BENSON in the making. hope you guys know teco benson,...

Lol, when u mentioned Teco Benson, I remember "FormidableForce". Yes the writer is on her way to those heights

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
Slyvesterjosh:
One of the reason I hate reading stories. cry

Mad o. Guy, I'm sorry o. But what did I do?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jamesfadairo(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
millieademi:
Nairaland jo soapy.

“then it’s best you return to dele. He’d be glad to have you back.”

Sorry about the terrible capitalization and punctuation. Man's tired.

hmm, wahala dey o, Tinu is becoming another Oleng, if u know u know
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
jamesfadairo:

Lol, when u mentioned Teco Benson, I remember "FormidableForce". Yes the writer is on her way to those heights

Awwn thanks
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
jamesfadairo:

hmm, wahala dey o, Tinu is becoming another Oleng, if u know u know

Unfulfilled Promises. Shout out to AudreyTimms.

I don't know. I feel Oleng is a class of her own. Tinu's suffering is on another level

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jamesfadairo(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
millieademi:

I don't know. I feel Oleng is a class of her own. Tinu's suffering is on another level

wow, let me tighten my seatbelt then. More ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
millieademi:

Oleng suffered sha
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ann2012:

Oleng suffered sha

I'm not saying that she didn't. I'm saying Tinu's suffering should not be mentioned when we are talking about Oleng's woes

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by pcicero(m): 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
Tinu arrested for the murder of Chris?

See gobe

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by SmithN: 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
Another twist to the story
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
millieademi:

I'm not saying that she didn't. I'm saying Tinu's suffering should not be mentioned when we are talking about Oleng's woes

I garrit
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Pricelessangel0(f): 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
If you ask me, I will tell you she did it

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.