Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317664 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by aprilwise(m): 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
I can't wait to read why Chris death was fake. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
thanks milli

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
I have so many questions, like.....
Why was Chris death staged
Why am I not hearing from Alisdare?
When will Tanya expose Mj and Gabe?
When will Gabe receive sense and be free from Mj?
When will my beloved Tinu be freed?

But what can I say, you're the author and whatever you feel is best is what you'll put down. Thanks for the update ma'am, té amor kiss

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Timba24(m): 10:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
pls, what nenye and her twin sister

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Milliademi , you are the best ❤️� ❤️� ❤️❣️
Kudos to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jadeliyi(m): 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
thank you milliademi, you deserves accolades , did donald and tinu 's parents in any way were friends?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 1:56am On Jan 04, 2020
Ann2012:
I have so many questions, like.....
Why was Chris death staged
Why am I not hearing from Alisdare?
When will Tanya expose Mj and Gabe?
When will Gabe receive sense and be free from Mj?
When will my beloved Tinu be freed?

But what can I say, you're the author and whatever you feel is best is what you'll put down. Thanks for the update ma'am, té amor kiss

Te amor, mi amor

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 1:56am On Jan 04, 2020
jadeliyi:
thank you milliademi, you deserves accolades , did donald and tinu 's parents in any way were friends?

No dear
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 1:57am On Jan 04, 2020
Timba24:
pls, what nenye and her twin sister

Nenye will be making a reappearance in book 2

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
Its taking almost everything within me to be patient..but its ok.. i would wait.. *sobbing for my dear tinuke*

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tanya wrapped the shawl around herself as she trudged towards the door. She wiped her nose with her hankie and turned the key in the lock. She sniffled and groaned at the pounding in her head. She had wasted her money to buy foodstuff to surprise Gabriel. Now she was sick and didn’t have money to spare for medication. If only she had thought to take her foodstuff as she was leaving. She was too humiliated to think of anything other than getting out of there.
Please, I hope it’s not the landlord.
The caller knocked again as she fought with the jammed lock. Today wasn’t her lucky day at all. The person knocked again.
If you can’t wait, be going nau.
“I’m coming jere.”, her cracked shout proceeded no louder than a small high-pitched whine. She coughed and wiped her sweaty palm on her shawl and tried the lock again and the door unlocked. She sighed and made a mental note to dab some engine oil on the lock. She swing the door open and her spine straightened at the sight of Gabriel. She didn’t expect to see him again. Had he gotten burnt in his relationship with MJ? It didn’t seem likely. Maybe he wanted to drop the money for the abortion off. She had sent the money he wired to her back.
“Gabriel, I don’t want your money. Go away.”, she said and slammed the door in his face but he pushed it back.
“Is that how you’ll treat the father of your baby?”, he asked smiling.
“What do you want?”, she asked and wiped her nose again. “Im not feeling too well and I have the night shift at the restaurant.” She crossed her arms and leaned against the jamb and her nose tried to swallow the snot running freely as she sniffled.
“Tanya, my love….”
“I thought I was your f**k buddy.”, she said and blew her nose in the handkerchief when it started running again.
“I said all those things because of MJ. I didn’t want her to hurt you. We both know she’s a dangerous woman. I didn’t want her to hurt you or our baby. Tanya, I love you.”, he said and reached out to touch her tummy. “I love our baby.”
“Gabriel…”, she sobbed and hugged him. “I knew it had to be a lie.”

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Dapo looked at Tèmí and Tóminí huddled up at her desk. They kept on talking in hushed tones and Tóminí wiped tears off her face. He saw a scowl paste itself on Temi’s face and he groaned in frustration and left the class. His eyes watched her as she wiped her face and pulled out her sketch pad and coloured pencil pack.
He walked up to her and sat on the chair I front of her desk.
“Dapo, did you bring any letter?”, she said in glee.
“No, my mummy has not gone to the prison yet.”, he said.
“Ok.” She flipped open her sketchpad and started drawing a flower. He sat there in awkward silence wondering how to ask if she was okay. She stopped drawing and tapped him. “Dapo, if anything bad happens to my mummy, will your mummy tell you?”, she asked in anxiety.
Dapo wasn’t sure of the answer himself and didn’t know what to tell her.
“Dapo.”, she said and squeezed his hand. “Do you know if my mummy is okay?”, she asked with tears in her eyes.
“Stop crying.”, he pleaded and held her hand.
“Dapo, I dreamt that my mummy died. I am so afraid. I told Mrs. Arihondoun. She called my aunty AJ but she didn’t pick the call. I don’t want anything to happen to my mummy. Tèmí said dreams are not real. Dapo, do you think I'm crazy?”, she babbled crying.
Dapo didn’t know what to say. He had bitten more than he could chew. How was he supposed to tell her dreams weren’t real when he had had dreams that came to pass? He had dreamt his mummy would come back and she did. He could not tell her mum was okay when he didn’t know the facts. So he went with the simplest thing to say.
“Tomini, you’re not crazy.”, he said and wiped her tears.
“Are you sure?”, she asked.
“Yes.”
She sniffled and asked, “Do you think my mummy will die?”
Dapo had no control over his words as he became a conduit for divine succour. “Nothing will happen to your mother, Tóminí.”
“How are you sure?”, Tóminí asked in doubt.
“I just know it.”, he said.
Tóminí looked at him warily and continued her drawing. His mere intuition was no assurance for her. She needed something she could hold onto, something tangible.
“If you want, we can pray about it.”, Dapo chipped in.
“What would prayer do?”, she asked still drawing.
“It beats drawing and crying. Trust me. God always answers my prayers. There was a time my daddy was very sick. I thought he was going to die. He was in the hospital for a very long time. My aunt and I prayed and like the next day, my daddy was well.”, Dapo said
Tóminí's jaw slackened momentarily and she shook her head. “You’re exaggedating, aren’t you?”, she said.
“Exaggerating.”, Tèmí corrected from behind them. They both flinched in shock.
“I didn’t know you’re still here.”, Tóminí said.
Tèmí waved her aside and faced Dapo. “Dapo, are you lying about what happened to your dad?”
“No. If it isn’t true, I would not have said it.”, Dapo said.
“So, if we pray now, my mummy will come out of prison tomorrow?”, Tèmí asked in elation.
Dapo sighed and wondered how to explain it. “It doesn’t work that way.”
“I thought you said…”, Tóminí started.
“I know what I said. See my daddy says when you pray, you have to believe that God will answer your prayers. If you don’t believe, God won’t answer.”, Dapo said.
“So if we believe, our mummy will be released tomorrow?”, Tóminí asked.
“Maybe. You really have to believe. You can not doubt for a second. If you do then you don’t really believe.”, Dapo explained.
“What does doubt mean?”, Tóminí asked.
“When you don’t believe.”, Dapo and Tèmí said together.
“So do you want to pray now?”, Dapo asked.
Tèmí looked at his twin as they communicated with their eyes. “We’ll do it.”, they said simultaneously.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Seyifunmi sat on the balcony and as much as she tried not to she could only think of the hug Délé had given Tinú earlier today. She tried to rationalize it. It couldn’t have meant anything. She was on trial for her life and Délé just tried to comfort her. She was the mother of his children. Of course, he wouldn’t want her to die. But seeing the tenderness with which he had hugged her could only make her wonder. Did Délé still have feelings for her? And the thought alone released a torrent of jealousy in her.
Délé couldn’t. They had been together for close to two years. He loved her. Or did he? He had said he was crazy about her but he had never told her those three words- I love you. He may be fascinated with her but that didn’t mean he loved her.
No. She shook her head. She wouldn’t let her over reactive and paranoid mind ruin her relationship with Délé for a second time. Délé loved her and he had shown her even if he hadn’t said it yet. And actions spoke louder than words.
“Hey.”, he greeted and kissed her cheek.
“Hey. How’s Tinú?”, she asked, not because she wanted to know but because she wanted to see his reaction to her name.
“Relieved, I guess. We still don’t know what will happen once the trial resumes. But at least we have three months more to think of a new angle to solve this case. I just want her safe. I feel responsible for this.”, he said dejected.
“How so?”, she asked and removed her glasses.
“If I been a good husband, then maybe she wouldn’t have met Chris. If she had not met Chris, the we wouldn’t be in this situation. I don’t how the twins are coping with all this drama.”, he said and leaned against the railing.
Seyifunmi kept mute and began to second guess her conviction that Délé loved her. Was she a rebound girl, something to pacify him about losing Tinú?
“But I guess every dark cloud has its silver lining. You were the rainbow after a heavy storm.”, he put in and stretched out his hand.
“Very smooth, Mr. Dáramólá.”, she said smiling and took his hand and he pulled her out of her seat.
“What can I say, Miss Aladesuyi?”, he said and paused. “I don’t like that name. I think Mrs. Dáramólá would suit you better.”, he said as he pulled her closer to him.
She grinned and said, “Is that a proposal?”
“And if I say yes?”
“Then I suggest you go back to the drawing board because it sucked.”, she said as she arched against him.
“I think better when you kiss me.”
“Are you asking me to kiss you?”
“And if I say yes?”
“Then your wish is my command.”, she said and pressed her lips to his, finally convinced that Délé loved her.

8 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by aprilwise(m): 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Amopeekun(f): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2020
U do well wink
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:22am On Jan 05, 2020
“Are you asking me to kiss you?”
“And if I say yes?”
“Then your wish is my command.”, she said and pressed her lips to his, finally convinced that Délé loved her.
“I was thinking. How would you like to come work at ElsaTech? “, he said beaming down at her.
She smiled and hugged him. “Whats the fraternization policy like? I wouldn’t want to be the skank shagging the boss.”
“There’s none.”, he said as he ran his fingers up and down her spine. “Are you accepting?”
“What do you think?”, she said.
“If I know you at all, I think no.”
“Im sorry. It doesn’t sit well with me…”
“Your pride, you mean. But I won’t force it down your egoistic throat.”, he said softly.
“All I can say is that it takes one egoistic person to know another.”, she said and kissed him.
“I hope you know I offered the job because I know what you’re capable of.”
“I’d have smacked you up the head if I thought otherwise.”

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Elsa sat watching Donald sing to Regina. It seemed surreal. This what she had hoped for with Jolá. To grow old and gray with him. To play with their grandchildren together. But it was never meant to be. At least, she had Délé and her grandchildren. Tinu’s friend had permitted them to stay with her for a week during their next holiday. And she couldn’t wait.
“God’s not dead, He’s alive.” Donald sang and Regina seemed more interested in his beard than I the song he was singing. She probably won’t have an affinity for music like her older brother, Tèmí. Tèmí, from what she could remember loved songs. Tóminí had begun doodling as soon as she could hold a pen. She wondered what Regina would like. Apart from food and Donald’s beard.
She heard Robert whine in jealousy as Donald rocked Regina to sleep. Truth be told, the dog had every right to be jealous. Even she got jealous sometimes. It wouldn’t be bad to receive all the attention Donald was giving Regina. She couldn’t remember the last time someone fawned over her. Prior to now, she didn’t fancy it. But now learning Jolá had remarried it made no sense not to want to be loved. She had been silly. Thinking Jolá would be so miserable without her that he’d come back. She was such a child.
Now, she wanted someone to love and someone who would love her back. She sighed. It wasn’t feasible. Who would love her? In her old age? She was doomed to be alone.
You’re not alone.
“Did you say something?”, she asked Donald in fear. Had she been thinking out loud?
“Nope.”, Donald cooed still smiling at Regina as he carried the baby outside to the balcony. Donald barked at being left behind and he followed them outside. She sighed. She was hearing things.
Have you forgotten my voice already, Mopelola?
Only one person called her that name after her mother died. Her heart broke with joy. She hadn’t heard the audible voice of the Holy Spirit in years. She thought He had forsaken her. And she wouldn’t blame Him, she deserved worse than that.
You underestimate the force of my love for you. Your sins I have a terrible memory of.
She clamped her hand against her mouth to muffle her sob.
I have called you by my name. You are mine. I never forsake what is mine.
I didn’t hear you anymore.
I was always speaking. You chose not to listen, Mopelola
I didn’t know. I’m so sorry, Father.
I know, Mopelola. But you tabernacle in your godly sorrow and refuse to accept the grace I’ve she’d abroad for you.
I made a big mistake.
Is your mistake bigger than my faithfulness?
No.
Is your sorrow purer than the blood of my son?
No.
Then why, Mopelola? My grace is capable to pick you up again once you repent. And you have. Mopelola, I’ve been calling for you for so long. I’ve missed you.
Daddy, I’ve missed you too.
Elsa ran into her room to pour her heart out to her Father. She had so much joy in her heart and so many questions to ask.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Dare smiled at Rosanna and she smiled back. He was anything but dandy. He was meeting for father to ask for her hand. Rosanna had wanted a traditional wedding and that began with asking for her hand. He hoped things would go smoothly. He couldn’t be nervous. He had met the man before. There’s was nothing scary about him. He stood as he saw the man coming down the stairs. Rosanna giggled and stood too. She slipped her arms around his hand.
“Relax, Dare.”, she whispered in to his ears.
“Good afternoon sir.”, he greeted.
“Afternoon, Dare. It’s Dare, right?”, Francis Amaechi said and extended his hand.
“It’s Dare, sir.”, he said and smiled as he took the man’s hand.
“Please sit.”, the man said as he sat opposite them.
He sat at the edge of the chair and Rosanna sat beside him clinging onto his arms.
“So, you want to marry my daughter?”, he asked rather than said.
“Yes, sir. I love Rosanna and I’ve come to ask for her hand in marriage.”, Dare said and cringed inwardly. Was that how Rosanna put it?
“Has Rosanna told you about the list?”, he said threateningly.
“Yes, sir.”
“And…”
“I’m totally ready. Anything for Rosanna.”, he said and she smiled at him and he put his arm around her.
Francis Amaechi smiled warmly at the young couple before him. He was glad his little girl was going to tie the knot and settle down. The young man she clung to seemed respectable enough. He had hired an investigator to dig up any sordid detail about his past. Anything he could use as leverage to stand against their union but the investigation came up clean. The guy had a squeaky clean record and so did his family. He wasn't really in support of his daughter marrying an African American but if he put the huge goofy smile on his Rosanna's face then he'd have to support the wedding.
"So, should I call the realtor to help you get choice listings?", he asked and took a sip out of his wine.
"Daddy, we're moving back to the States after the wedding.", Rosanna stated in glee and interlocked her fingers with Dare's.
Her words caused the wine to go down his windpipe rather than gullet. He coughed in response. His nose was on fire and his throat burned. He dropped the wine glass immediately. His daughter jumped out of her seat and went to pat his back.

"Sir, are you okay?", Dare asked, causing the man to glare at him.
The burning subsided and a few tears left his eyes.
"Daddy, be careful.", Rosanna scolded in worry. Francis Amaechi turned to glare at her.
"What do you mean by you're moving to the States?", he asked in between coughs.

"After the honeymoon, I'm going to live with Dare in Texas.", she said.

"I thought you wanted to lecture. I thought you applied to UNILAG.”, the man sputtered.
“They said the budget cuts didn’t allow for hiring new staff.”, she explained. “Besides, my place is with Dare. And I’m going to lecture at a community college, so it’s no big deal.”
“I knew it. This is why I insisted you marry a Nigerian. You know you can find a better guy. A taller, more muscular one, if that's what you want. I mean, do you know if his family is racist? What if they don't accept you? What if he decides his predilection with a black girl is over and he wants a hot, white girl or a Hispanic beauty? What are you going to do then? Snap out of this madness, Rosanna.", he said in desperation.
Rosanna looked at her father in incredulity. This man just accepted that she was getting married to Dare and he just changed his mind.
"Sir, I can assure you that I love your daughter and I'm going to love her to the end of my days.", Dare chipped in.
"Sure, and can you assure me that the sun will never rise in the east? Her mother and I are divorced. I don't want the same to happen to her. Rosanna, listen to reason. He is not going to make you happy. I can see it. You are not the same. You're not compatible…"
“Daddy, we love each other. That’s all that matters.”, she whined.
“That is not all that matters. You two are different. If you were staying here then I would have been certain that your marriage would work. But you’re going back there…”
“Dad, I practically grew up in the West. I know more about their culture than about ours”, Rosanna said irked.
“And whose fault is that? Young Man, I’m sorry. I’m not giving my daughter to you. You can take your ring and be going.”, Francis Amaechi said as he stood.
“Dad, this isn’t fair. This is not fair. I love Dare and I’m going to marry him.”
“Eberechukwu, over my dead body.”, her father roared as he stood.
“I’m going to talk to mum about this.”, she said and hauled a confused Dare out of the room.
“If you like report to God, I am not budging.”, he yelled at their retreating backs.

7 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2020
What is going to happen to Rossana and Alisdare now sad

Thanks for the update
Happy first Sunday of the year

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2020
Ann2012:
What is going to happen to Rossana and Alisdare now sad

Thanks for the update
Happy first Sunday of the year

I don't know o

You too, dear.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Liposure: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
gracefulygrace:
thanks milli
honey, may dis NY bring u peace, prosperity n hapiness. wishing u a joyous 2020
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Liposure:
honey, may dis NY bring u peace, prosperity n hapiness. wishing u a joyowus 2020

amen . thanks
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Favy1235(f): 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
Yipee i finally caught up. Seriously ur story is like zeeworld (extra ordinary everyday)unpredictable ave been glued to my fone throughout dis wk cos of dis story. Chaii i even cried when they were reading Chris's will. More ink to ur pen. U re such a gud writer.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jadeliyi(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
milliademi with her twists, well i feel use to them nowadays sha! i can't be heartbroken.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Just love the suspense in this story
Thank you Millieademi

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 4:19am On Jan 06, 2020
Favy1235:
Yipee i finally caught up.
Seriously ur story is like zeeworld (extra ordinary everyday)unpredictable
ave been glued to my fone throughout dis wk cos of dis story.
Chaii i even cried when they were reading Chris's will.
More ink to ur pen.
U re such a gud writer.

Thanks dear.

I know right. I think this book has made me cry as well.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 4:19am On Jan 06, 2020
Bridgovoks:
Just love the suspense in this story
Thank you Millieademi

You're welcome, love

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 4:20am On Jan 06, 2020
jadeliyi:
milliademi with are twists, well i feel use to them nowadays sha! i can't be heartbroken.

Ok o. I still have one more up my sleeve sha.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Plolly(f): 5:26am On Jan 06, 2020
millieademi:

Ok o. I still have one more up my sleeve sha.
I know u would kill Tinu
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by mhizv(f): 6:18am On Jan 06, 2020
Plolly:

I know u would kill Tinu

I think so too. Would hurt alot. She doesn't deserve to cry :
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2020
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!
MORE TO COME!
LOVING THIS THE MORE!
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by genius43(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
millieademi

Finally had time to read this story after 3 months of it been an open tab.

I noticed some episodes have been deleted, if you have published it on okadabooks I wouldn't mind a link to it.

To the point where I stopped around page 22 to avoid been confused.

You are good. Love the way you play around with characters. There is space for improvements though.

One of them is the way Dele's mum whom for me was one of the reasons that got me interested in the book because of her strong will and determination got relegated to the background.

Like others pointed out earlier from comments I read along the way. Dele who I saw as a protagonist became just a supporting cast whose existence is remembered down the line.

This are just some.

Like I said if I can get a link to read the deleted parts, I would be grateful, you got yourself a fan.

Busy schedules wouldn't let me comment frequently or even read updates as soon as their out though.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Elsa had a fire burning in her that nothing could put out. She had not felt this type of joy in a long time. Her smile dimmed as she remembered what she had discovered. Her impatience had cost her a lot. It had brought her a lot of pain and taken a lot of things from her. Her peace for one. Her relationship with God amongst other.
What was she thinking, that she could assist God's will? She was so foolish to have listened to Mrs. Ladipo. She thought of what she had been shown. Délé and Tinú were actually meant to be and if she hadn’t tried to add a little fast action to the process by now she’d have had her fifth grandchild. God had in his Mercy decided to spare Tinú from Délé’s wickedness and had given her succour with Chris.
Why then did Chris have to die? She had asked but God had told her it was not for her knowledge.
She wondered what would happen to Dele. He had fought with his girlfriend and Dele didn’t recover from hurt easily. His strained, no, abrasive relationship with his father was proof. She sighed she wondered when she’d tell him what Jolá did. He had been so glad when he called to tell her that Tinu’s trial had been temporarily suspended. She wondered what he’d do if he found out that Jolá asked Folá to use his influence.
The mere thought of Folá's name left a sour taste in her mouth. He was the man that stole her happiness from her. She heaved a heavy sigh. Folá was of her past. She had to forgive him and put away the bitterness, whether or not he apologized. She needed the load off her soul. She was getting closer to her end. She had to put her house in order.
“There’s something different about you.”, Donald stopped during their walk.
She stopped and turned to look at him. “I made my hair.”
“Elsa, I’m not that oblivious. I noticed that. But it’s something else. You seem cheerier. Is Tinú's case getting better?”, he asked looking puzzled.
“I don’t know but then I guess I’m just in a good mood.”, she said and pulled his hand to continue walking.
“If you say so. I even have gist for you.”, he chippered and pulled on the leash that held an inpatient Robert. “Stop it, Robert.”, he scolded and the dog growled in return and pulled on his leash. “Behave yourself! I don’t know what’s wrong with him, lately.”
“And you said you aren’t oblivious. Robert is jealous.”, she said.
“Of what?”, he asked.
“The attention you’ve been giving Regina.”, she said.
“So that’s why he’s been acting up.”, he realized and then laughed. “Robert, everyday, you amaze me.”
The dog didn’t find the situation amazing and growled in anger. Donald went down on one knee to pacify the dog. He scratched behind his ears and the dog didn’t want to give into the pleasure of the feeling but lost the battle and panted in sheer ecstasy. “You’re my baby, Rob. My first baby. Reggie's my second baby. I love you, Rob. Nothing will change that.” The dog barked in happiness and licked his face.
“Awwn. Such a cute dog.”, a voice called from behind them.
Donald and Elsa turned to look at the person who had spoken earlier. Elsa looked at the woman from head to toe. The middle-aged woman had to be a be a life-sized Barbie doll. Her skin was totally flawless and without crinkles , wrinkles or any sign of aging. She had a long dark weave on her head. Had she had any children? Her stomach was flat. She was clad in hot pink sweatpants and sweatshirt and she held her earphones in her hands.
“Oh. Lydia, it’s you.”, Donald chippered and stood.
“Yes. I’d hug you but I’m so sweaty.”, she said smiling. “Is he yours?”, she said and knelt to pet Robert.
“Yes, Lydia. He’s Robert…”
Elsa cleared her throat to remind him she was still there. “And Elsa, my closest friend.”
“Oh. Pardon me. It’s nice to meet you, Elsa.”, Lydia greeted as she stood.
“Hmmn.”, Elsa said with a clipped smile.
“Ill be seeing you guys later. Donnie, I’ll see you later in the evening”, she hollered and kept on jogging the other way.
Elsa stood there incredulous at the nickname Donnie and stupefied at the ridiculous grin on Donald’s face as he stared at Lydia’s retreating figure.
“Why don’t you take a picture? It lasts longer.”, she hurled in anger.
Donald turned to face her, scratching his head like he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. “Was it that obvious I was staring?”
“Even a blind man could have seen that.”, she said and started walking ahead.
“Elsa wait up.”, he called and walked after her.
She took a breath to calm herself. “So, are you seeing her?”, she asked trying to keep the anger out of her voice.
“Yeah. We met one Saturday while you were in Abuja.”, he said.
“What?!”, she shouted. “When were you going to tell me about her?”
“I did say I had gist.”
“Today. I’ve been back for close to two months and you never said anything.”
“Because there was nothing to say. She just agreed to be my girlfriend.”, he said smiling.
Elsa cringed. “I think we’re too old be using that phrase.”
“Well, I maybe old in body but I’m young at heart”
“Young at heart, ko. Anyway, how old is she? Forty?”, she asked.
“Sixty one.”, he said smiling and he laughed at Elsa’s open mouth. “I know right.”
“Does she have children?”, Elsa asked.
“One. But she confessed she's gone under the knife. And she’s been on a rigid diet for close to twenty years.”
“Wow.”, Elsa said in jealousy rather than surprise.
“She’s amazing, Elsa. The only thing is that we don’t eat large portions when we’re together. That’s why I love coming over.”, Donald confessed.
“So I’m a buffet table to you.”, she said.
“No, Elsa. I just…”
“Im tired. I want to go home.”, she said and turned around.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
genius43:
millieademi

Finally had time to read this story after 3 months of it been an open tab.

I noticed some episodes have been deleted, if you have published it on okadabooks I wouldn't mind a link to it.

To the point where I stopped around page 22 to avoid been confused.

You are good. Love the way you play around with characters. There is space for improvements though.

One of them is the way Dele's mum whom for me was one of the reasons that got me interested in the book because of her strong will and determination got relegated to the background.

Like others pointed out earlier from comments I read along the way. Dele who I saw as a protagonist became just a supporting cast whose existence is remembered down the line.

This are just some.

Like I said if I can get a link to read the deleted parts, I would be grateful, you got yourself a fan.

Busy schedules wouldn't let me comment frequently or even read updates as soon as their out though.

Hi, love.

Thanks for the interest.

As per the deleted parts, well... it's for security reasons paramountly. I don't want my work plagiarized. Secondly, I'm still working on the book. Once, I'm done, it will be going up on Okadabooks.

As per the characters, if I ever gave the impression that Délé was the protagonist. I'm sorry, he's not. The book has several main characters. Dele, Tinú, Chris, Felicia, Jaiyé and several others to come.

Dele's mum was relegated into the background because she was relegated in Délé's life until very recently.

All in all, I'm grateful for your support and I hope you will be patient. I don't write like other writers. I think it's both a curse and a blessing. I'm not usually straightforward and it brings confusion. But if you take your time, you'll get everything.

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
Maybe you can tell me where you stopped and I can give you a brief summary of what's gone down so far.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by genius43(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
millieademi:

Hi, love.

Thanks for the interest.

As per the deleted parts, well... it's for security reasons paramountly. I don't want my work plagiarized. Secondly, I'm still working on the book. Once, I'm done, it will be going up on Okadabooks.

As per the characters, if I ever gave the impression that Délé was the protagonist. I'm sorry, he's not. The book has several main characters. Dele, Tinú, Chris, Felicia, Jaiyé and several others to come.

Dele's mum was relegated into the background because she was relegated in Délé's life until very recently.

All in all, I'm grateful for your support and I hope you will be patient. I don't write like other writers. I think it's both a curse and a blessing. I'm not usually straightforward and it brings confusion. But if you take your time, you'll get everything.

No problem. Let me see if I can piece the available updates together.

As for patience, I have it in abundance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.