Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317045 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2020
Khriztarl:
yeah i might have started the reading quiet late..am kinda a lazy reader nd it took me a week to catch up..but millieademi..u made me cry..yeah i was already deeply in love with chris..(though not more than tinuke) and when i read he was dead..i just felt hatred for u..i actually thought u killed him becoz u never liked him *yeah u clearly stated that last year*
That aside u made tinuke suffer..plus going through the truama of her regina was dead..
Just when i had gotten my self to believe christopher's death u raised him up from dead..
and u knw wat..
Now i feel the love i have 4 u grow so large nothing can contain it..
i love u milly so bleeping much..happy new year..more ink to ur pen..

Awwn. Love you too.

I just pray you keep loving me after what happens.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2020
Khriztarl:
Milly who killed tinuke's parents?? who does oduah holdings actually belong to..??
why is mr jason hiding chris??
where is katrina she cnt just giveup her son even after hearing of chris's death.??
you said last year that bamidele and tinuke where going to cum bck soon..so why did bamidele nd sheyee cum bck??
you potrayed bamidele to be selfcentered so why did he take up chris's regina..
does chris really love tinuke??
who is tanya or wateva she's called to gabby??
is fola an officer too..if yes is he the person incharge of the female prison..??
i need answers please i need updates..

Folá is the Attorney General of the Federation.

Any question that isn't answered in this book will be answered in the next.

However, you might not like some answers.

Just a word of caution.

Please don't hate me o. It's just my imagination you should hate. It's crazy.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 10:14am On Jan 02, 2020
millieademi:

In addition, fola is also Jola's twin brother (Bamidele's dad) who raped Elsa (Dele's Mum)
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 10:17am On Jan 02, 2020
Khriztarl:
yeah i might have started the reading quiet late..am kinda a lazy reader nd it took me a week to catch up..but millieademi..u made me cry..yeah i was already deeply in love with chris..(though not more than tinuke) and when i read he was dead..i just felt hatred for u..i actually thought u killed him becoz u never liked him *yeah u clearly stated that last year*
That aside u made tinuke suffer..plus going through the truama of her regina was dead..
[b]Just when i had gotten my self to believe christopher's death u raised him up from dead..
and u knw wat..
[/b]Now i feel the love i have 4 u grow so large nothing can contain it..
i love u milly so bleeping much..happy new year..more ink to ur pen..

when did dis happen..... did I miss it in the episodes shocked shocked
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2020
millieademi:

Awwn. Love you too.
I just pray you keep loving me after what happens.
ofcz i would keep loving u..just take it eazy..i have a fragile heart..pleease

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 10:58am On Jan 02, 2020
oghenekome51:

when did dis happen..... did I miss it in the episodes shocked shocked
yh maybe u did miss it let me quote it 4 u

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2020
millieademi:

Any question that isn't answered in this book will be answered in the next.

However, you might not like some answers.

Just a word of caution.

Please don't hate me o. It's just my imagination you should hate. It's crazy.
Awwwnch when they said abnormal i didnt believe..bt now..i think i would join them 2 saw that..u r abnormally normal..lol love ya..

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 11:02am On Jan 02, 2020
oghenekome51:

In addition, fola is also Jola's twin brother (Bamidele's dad) who raped Elsa (Dele's Mum)
Yo thankiu

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 11:09am On Jan 02, 2020
millieademi:
Ok, so I kept this from you guys. Don't crucify me.

CHRIS IS ALIVE!!

Don't ask me how. You'll find out in the second book.

You're all amazing. Thanks for the love and support.
oghenekome51 come and see how millieademi made me smile o

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 11:22am On Jan 02, 2020
Khriztarl:

oghenekome51 come and see how millieademi made me smile o

thanks

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
“.............

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
“Ajiri, calm down. Stop crying and try to tell me what happened.”, Dele said calmly, though his thoughts were as calm as a tempestuous sea.
“Dele, I’m scared. Tinu’s trial is going badly. The judge ruled out the option of life imprisonment. If we lose, Tinu is going to be killed.”, Ajiri sobbed.
“Ajiri, calm down. There’s always an appeal, right? You should know that. You’rethe lawyer. We will not give up on Tinú. And thankfully Chris left her enough money to fight this case for as long as it takes.”, Dele said.
“I know but this is my best friend we are talking about. I’m tired of seeing her in prison. Somehow, I thought we had a good case. This lady on the other side is tearing apart everything we have one by one. It’s like she researched into the background of all our witnesses and Tinu’s time in prison. She even brought the lady Tinú fought with in prison. Dele, I’m scared. Everytime I go to see the twins, they ask me when their mum is coming back. They are getting tired of hearing soon.”, Ajiri whined.
“Don’t worry. Let’s have faith in your friend. He’s one of the best there is in the country. He’ll figure it out.”, Dele said.
“Okay. Thank you, Délé.”
“It's okay. I’ll be in Abuja tomorrow. I’ll be there for you guys.”
“No problem. Say me well to your mum.”, she said and hung up.

8 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
Wow things are so not going down well in this story!

thanks for the update!
waiting for more!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Zuriel100(m): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
thanks millilove...... happy new year, this we must meet

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
Zuriel100:
thanks millilove...... happy new year, this we must meet

Lol

Send me a message and we'll see what we can do
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jupitre(m): 12:37am On Jan 03, 2020
Why is my mind telling me Jola would help Dele in Getting Tinu back Nice one milli...

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Slyvesterjosh: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2020
jupitre:
Why is my mind telling me Jola would help Dele in Getting Tinu back
Nice one milli...

Sam here brah.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Elshberry(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2020
Well to pay for his evil act and to appease his brother Hols, Fola has no choice but to use his office and influence Tinu's case.
Nice work, silent follower but just have to commend your work and sense of imagination.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:55am On Jan 03, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
“Ajiri, calm down. Stop crying and try to tell me what happened.”, Dele said calmly, though his thoughts were as calm as a tempestuous sea.
“Dele, I’m scared. Tinu’s trial is going badly. The judge ruled out the option of life imprisonment. If we lose, Tinu is going to be killed.”, Ajiri sobbed.
“Ajiri, calm down. There’s always an appeal, right? You should know that. You’re the lawyer. We will not give up on Tinú. And thankfully Chris left her enough money to fight this case for as long as it takes.”, Dele said.
“I know but this is my best friend we are talking about. I’m tired of seeing her in prison. Somehow, I thought we had a good case. This lady on the other side is tearing apart everything we have one by one. It’s like she researched into the background of all our witnesses and Tinu’s time in prison. She even brought the lady Tinú fought with in prison. Dele, I’m scared. Every time I go to see the twins, they ask me when their mum is coming back. They are getting tired of hearing soon.”, Ajiri whined.
“Don’t worry. Let’s have faith in your friend. He’s one of the best there is in the country. He’ll figure it out.”, Dele said.
“Okay. Thank you, Délé.”
“Its okay. I’ll be in Abuja tomorrow. I’ll be there for you guys.”
“No problem. Say me well to your mum.”, she said and hung up.
Délé groaned. He had hoped the trial would go smoothly. He couldn’t afford Tinu’s death. He couldn’t lose her. Not now.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Elsa sat antsy waiting for Donald to come up before Délé was done with his call. She looked pleadingly at Jolá but he remained adamant. She hated his resolve.
Iru wahala wo ni ele, sin.
She heard a bark and Délé’s small laughter in the hallway and she cringed. Her blood pressure rose and she hated that she opened the door to let Jolá in.
This is all your fault, Donald. You better come back here fast.
She turned to face the hallway and Délé and Robert came into the living room.
“Guess who I found sleeping in the hallway.”, he said. He saw his father and growled. He charged at the man and pulled him up by the collar of his shirt. His eyes bore into his father’s screaming one sentence.
How could you?
“Dele, please.”, his mother pleaded holding his arm.
“I asked you to leave.”, he growled at the man.
“Go ahead and hit me. Do your worst. I will not leave this place till you forgive me.”, Jolá told him point blank.
Délé tightened his hold on the man's collar. “Old man, I’m deadly serious. Do not tempt me. Leave this place and do not come back.”
“Young man, I am not leaving. Throw me out if you will but I will come back every day till you forgive me.”, Jolá told his son. “Are you scared to hit me? Do you only run your mouth or do you actually have the balls to hit me?”
“Ayobamidele, jo, ma da l'ohun. Don’t hit your father.”, his mother shouted.
“Come on. Hit me. It’s only if you’re a bastard that you will let me go.”, Jolá shouted.
Dele raised his hand just as Donald walked in. “Dele, it’s okay. He’s not worth it.”, Donald scolded. Elsa sighed in relief and hoped Dele would not follow through the blow he intended to deal on his father.
“Don’t be a wuss. Do it. I’m not afraid of you. If hitting me will make you get over the anger you’ve felt at me for thirty-two years, then do it.”, Jolá said.
“Oko mi. Please, don’t.”, his mother begged.
Délé huffed and puffed in anger. “I hate you. Don’t you ever forget that. Let it ring in your head for as long as you live. I hate you and I hope you die a miserable death.”, Dele put in and released his father.
Elsa exhaled in thanksgiving.
“Jola, I suggest you leave.”, Donald advised and Robert concurred by barking. “Please.”
“Mummy, I’m leaving. Tinu’s trial is getting worse. I have to go to Abuja. I’ll come and see you some other time. Mr. Donald, bye.”, Dele put in and left the apartment.

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
thanks op

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by ifud(m): 12:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
millieademi:

Ok. I don't know if this is a crass joke or it's meant to be offensive. Sarcasm and jokes are usually lost on me. I will keep calm as per civility.

Dude, I am holiday. I am not in school anymore where there is practically uninterrupted power supply. We've not had light here for going to a week. And I charge my phone at night to use for my research work. Besides, I have things at home I am doing that take up my time. And sometimes there is no inspiration. What exactly do you want me to do?

Last week, I said I was feeling under the weather and not so strong. So please be considerate..

I sincerely apologise if I misunderstood your comment. Like I said earlier, sarcasm is usually lost on me.
There are comments you don't dignify with a response. You remain my best writer on this platform. Your narrative and word joggle is way over the moon. Keep up as I'm following religiously.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Amopeekun(f): 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Wow! @Millie, this is mmmmuah...
I started reading yesterday and I am glued. It is a mind-blowing story, every chapter is. U try wella and I am so in love with every character and scene, u r the bomb!!!
I will patiently wait to read from u, thank u.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is sooo nice!
Most times I savor the brilliance of each updates.
Millieademi, you Rock!
Thanks for the update!

Jah Bless You with more inspiration!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tanya slotted the spare key she had stolen from Gabriel’s wallet into the keyhole and unlocked the door. She wanted to give him a surprise. She could only hope he’d like it. She turned to lock the door and dropped the overflowing shopping bag she was holding. She didn’t know his favorite food so she bought a lot of ingredients to make as many dishes as she could. She rubbed his pink palms and carried the shopping bag to the kitchen.
One of the things she loved about Gabriel was his neatness. She never met a dirty plate in the sink and the house was always spick and span. She brought her groceries out of the bag and set them on the counter. She heard the front door open and she glanced at her watch in surprise.
I thought he’s on afternoon duty.
She shrugged and left the kitchen to the living room. Her smile fell as she saw Gabriel together with MJ. Her heart broke. She had assumed they were over after she gave him a concussion. So why then were they holding hands looking all jolly and dandy.
“Tanya, how did you get in here?”, Gabriel said in irritation.
“I took a key after you got out of the hospital. What is she doing here?”, Tanya asked glaring at MJ and her fingers interlocked with Gabriel’s.
“She is my girlfriend.”, Gabriel answered and put his arm around MJ's waist. The act caused a cheeky grin to appear on MJ's face.
“W-what?!”, Tanya asked.
“Do you have cotton wool in your ears?”, MJ snapped. “Im his girlfriend now.”
“Babe, calm down.” Gabriel said. “Tanya, we were just f**k buddies. It was fun but it meant nothing.”
“Gabe, I- I, you said you love me and… Gabe, I’m pregnant. I’m pregnant with your baby.”, she wheezed.
“Tanya,”, he said as he removed his arm from around MJ's waist. “I can get you money for an abortion. A friend of mine works in a hospital that covertly carries out abortion. I can take you there. It’s safe and inexpensive and….”
“Gabe, I don’t want an abortion. I want you. I love you.”, Tanya said as tears rolled down her cheeks.
“Drama queen.”, MJ commented snidely.
“Tanya, you can’t have me. I belong to MJ now. I never felt anything but lust for you. And it was fun while it lasted….”, Tanya slapped him then.
“You took advantage of me.”, Tanya shouted.
MJ scoffed. “You threw yourself at him.”
“Tanya don’t overreact. Stuff happens. I don’t love you. If you want to keep the baby then it’s your problem. If you want the abortion then I’ll transfer money to your account tomorrow. And I never want to see you again.”, Gabriel said.
“I hate you. The two of you. You can keep your blasted money.”, she spat and stormed out of the house.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
MJ stood up and placed as she waited for him. Why was he taking so long? She had a loose end to take care of. Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned. Tanya was nothing but a ticking time bomb. Make that an atomic bomb. She had been pushed and she could pull the plug on her entire revenge plott. She didn’tneed that. Especially so close to the end of Tinu's trial. She had to take care of Tanya. Or better yet she’d have Gabriel do it. He was the one foolish enough to get her pregnant.
She looked at the door as it opened.
“About time.”, she said and hissed.
“What is the problem, dear?”, he said as the guard unlocked his handcuffs.
“Ekeh, I’ve warned you about terms of endearment. They irk me. Why did you two want to see me?”, she asked the two men with her. Ekeh sat down and smiled.
“Do you still have the contact you have in the Oduah's household?”, the other man asked.
“No, why?”
“We need to plant evidence against Chris in the house.”, Ekeh answered.
“He’s dead. What’s the point?”, MJ askeed.
“The enquiry panel is not convinced with the documents produced. If we can’t convince them, Oduah Mining will get off unscathed.”, the man stated.
“Look, I’ve helped you with all I know. I don’t know what else you want me to do. The lady I was using then is no longer available. So I can’t help you.”, she stated.
“MJ, you are always illustrious. Is there no way you can get the documents into Chris’s safe?”, Ekeh asked. “Can you try to break into the house?”
The nerve. What help had he given her to bring her plans to fruition? Nothing. But he was asking for help from her like a baby. If he couldn’t go through with his plans on his own, why did he begin in the first place.
“No, I can’t.”
“MJ, I'll pay you for it. You could say you heard about his death and you wanted to pay your respects to…”
“No. Abi something else dey there. Ekeh you decided to help Al-Nasser bring down the company. I offered you help. I don’t have any help to render now. Abi na by force.”, she snapped and picked up her bag. “Ekeh, I get problem of my own o. Don’t call me again.”, she said and walked out.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Felicia sighed and downed the cap of blood tonic. She hated the metallic taste but it was a necessary evil. She cringed and then gave Jaiye a watery smile.
“Are you happy now?”, she said and washed the taste away from her mouth with a drink of water.
“Yes. Are you feeling better?”, he asked and packed the medicine bottle back in its packaging.
“Im so so. I still feel weak. But I guess it will take a while for the drugs to begin their work. But I don’t still understand how I have anaemia.”, she said as she rinsed the cap. “I always eat food rich in iron during and after my….”
“What happened?”, Jaiye called in fear. “Do you need to vomit again?”
Felicia stood still, hoping and praying she was wrong. She couldn’t be pregnant, could she? Her last period was two months ago by her quick calculation. She hoped her baby was alright. She should have listened to Jaiyé's advise. What if the different brands of malaria drugs had hurt her baby? Would she have another stillborn? Her doctor had expressly told her during her previous two pregnancies not to use malaria drugs. She had even read it on the pamphlets that came with the drugs that they were not suitable for pregnant women.
How could she have been so careless? It wasn’tlike it was her first pregnancy. She should have noticed the signs her body was giving her.
“Felicia, are you okay?”, Jaiye said as he shook her.
“What?!”, she said.
“You spaced out on me. Are you okay?”, he asked in worry.
Tell him.
No. She couldn’t. If anything happened to their baby, it would be her fault. Jaiye would not forgive. She knew he wanted more children. He had told her numerous times. And she knew he was expecting it with their active sex life. If something was wrong with their baby because of her stubbornness, he’d resent her.
Trust me.
No. Her heart raced. She couldn’t tell Jaiyé. She would not. The case he was working on would have the first hearing tomorrow. Jaiye would be leaving the house to stay with his colleagues in a hotel so they could work effectively. If for any reason she miscarried, he would never know. And what Jaiyé didn’t know couldn’t hurt him.
“I’m fine. I just remembered Tinú.”, she lied. She heard the Holy Spirit groan at her disobedience and lie.
I’m sorry.
She just didn’t want to lose the Jaiyé she had now.

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
oghenekome51:
This is sooo nice!
Most times I savor the brilliance of each updates.
Millieademi, you Rock!
Thanks for the update!

Jah Bless You with more inspiration!

Amen. Thanks love
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
Amopeekun:
Wow! @Millie, this is mmmmuah...
I started reading yesterday and I am glued. It is a mind-blowing story, every chapter is. U try wella and I am so in love with every character and scene, u r the bomb!!!
I will patiently wait to read from u, thank u.

Thanks love.

I'm glad you like it
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
ifud:

There are comments you don't dignify with a response. You remain my best writer on this platform. Your narrative and word joggle is way over the moon. Keep up as I'm following religiously.

Awwn.

Thanks love
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
wen i return nd c updates my heart just leap 4 joy

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by KingzPen(m): 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
smiley
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
No. Her heart raced. She couldn’t tell Jaiyé. She would not. The case he was working on would have the first hearing tomorrow. Jaiye would be leaving the house to stay with his colleagues in a hotel so they could work effectively. If for any reason she miscarried, he would never know. And what Jaiyé didn’t know couldn’t hurt him.
“I’m fine. I just remembered Tinú.”, she lied. She heard the Holy Spirit groan at her disobedience and lie.
I’m sorry.
She just didn’t want to lose the Jaiyé she had now.
“Felicia, are you sure you’re okay? I can ask Mr. Bamise to make the opening statements tomorrow. Our argument is solid. They can survive a few hearings without me. Please, Felicia, are you okay?”, he asked.
Her heart was pulled in two different directions. Should she tell him? Should she not tell him? She weighed the pros and cons. Jaiyé was better off not knowing.
“Im fine. Really.”, she said and pasted a huge smile on her face to tell the tale.
“Your eyes tell me otherwise.”, he stated. She smiled genuinely and carressed his face. She couldn’tlose this. This had to be more important than telling the truth.
Charity rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth.
I can’t tell him. Please, don’t ask me to.
In other words, I should shut up.
No, I’m sorry.
You’ve been saying that a lot without meaning it. Felicia, you are beginning to take my grace for granted and I do not like it.
With that statement, He buzzed off.
Father, please.
She sighed and decided to obey. At least, she’d rather face the consequences with God in her corner.
“Jaiye, I… I believe… I’m pregnant. Jaiyé, please I’m sorry. I don’t… I didn’t want you to be angry with me… Jaiye, I’m sorry.”, she said tearing up.
He smiled and pulled her into a hug. “Shhshh, it’s okay. I’m not angry...”
“Jaiye, you don’t understand. I messed up. I should have listened to you. I took malaria drugs and I am pregnant. I… Something might have happened to the baby. Jaiyé, forgive me. Please.”, she sobbed into his chest.
“Felicia, it’s okay. I already had my suspicions you were pregnant. I don’t know why the doctor diagnosed you of anaemia but Daddy kept on reiterating it that a baby was coming and that no matter what happens I shouldn’t get angry. Calm down. I’m not angry. Felicia, I’m ecstatic.”, Jaiyé said stroking her head.
Felicia could not help but sob harder at her folly.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tinú did not understand the sudden urge to pee that came over her. She swiped her clammy palm on her uniform and watched it shake as she raised it to place on the Bible before her. She cleared her throat and repeated after the clerk.
“I, Atinuke Coker Oduah, solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So help me God.”, she wheezed and cleared her throat again. She wondered if the judge would allow her to go ease herself. Her heart was on a pumping spree, throbbing erratically and banging loudly. Blood whirred in her ears and her worrisome thoughts churned loudly in her mind.
“Mrs. Oduah?”, her lawyer shouted.
“Yes?”, she answered as she finally noticed him. She looked around and saw everyone looking at her in curiosity. “I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you.”, she whispered.
Her lawyer rubbed his hand on his chest signalling her to calm down. She sighed to calm herself but it was an exercise in futility. “Ma’am, please give us a brief description of your marriage to the deceased.”
She nodded as her brain tried to recall what she had gone over with her lawyer. Her fearful heart didn’t let any string of information her brain process have coherence.
“Erm..”, she sighed again. God, this was it. She was the last witness. If the judge didn’t find her testimony cogent, she would die. That would be the end for her. Her children would become orphans. Tears fell from her eyes as she thought of that. “Erm..”, she stated again trying to jump start her brain but it wasn’t working. The only she could bring herself to say was”Erm”
“Mrs. Oduah, please take a deep breath and try to answer the question posed to you.”, the judge said and reclined in his seat.
She inhaled, filling her lungs with air, and then slowly released it. It didn’t help. “I, erm, I met Chris…”
God, Tinu, you are going to die. God, what would happen to Temi, Tomini and Chris?
Tears fell from her eyes. “Mrs. Oduah…”, her lawyer called and all but pleaded for her to get herself together.
“The court will go on a five minute recess and then we’ll continue with the examination in Chief.”, the judge announced and arose.
“Court.”, the clerk’s shrill voice shouted.
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
“Tinu, what was wrong with you?”, the lawyer shouted and took off his wig.
“Debola, calm down. Don’t shout at her.”, Ajiri said as she patted Tinu’s back.
The man paced for a while and pinched his nose in exasperation. “I know the stakes are high but you have to get a hold of yourself. Breaking down like that doesn’t portray innocence or weakness but rather an attempt to stall and mislead the court. AJ, talk to her.”, Debola said and walked back into the court.
“Tinu, what’s wrong?”, Dele asked.
“I couldn’t stop thinking about the children and what would happen to them. I’m scared. I don’t want to die.”, she sobbed and Délé pulled her into his arms.
“Calm down.”, he cooed. “We can always appeal. We will fight this. Don’t you worry. Please just focus on your testimony. We won’t let anything happen to you.”
“Yes, we got you.”, Ajiri said as she got over her haze at Délé’s act.
Tinu sighed and pulled away from the hug. “Thank you.” She looked confused at the woman standing behind her friends. “Sorry. Who are you?”, she asked the woman who stood ashen and shell-shocked.
“Hi. I’m Seyifunmi. I’m sorry we had to meet under these circumstances.”, she said and stretched forth her hand. Tinú smiled weakly and shook the hand stretched towards her.
“Seyifunmi, I didn’t know you’d be coming.”, Délé said.
“Well, I’m here. It’s nice to put a face to the name Tinú. It’s nice to meet you.”, Seyifunmi said.
“Likewise, I’ve heard a lot about you, Seyifunmi.”, Tinu said, looking from Dele to the lady before her.
Délé certainly has good taste in women.
“We have to get back in.”, Ajiri stated and led Tinu inside, angry at Délé’s crassness. Did he have to bring her here?
“What is he trying to prove? Every time I want to like that guy, he does something stupid that reminds me why I don’t like him.”, Ajiri said to Tinú.

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tinu sighed and stood in the dock waiting patiently with everyone else in the courtroom. She wondered why the judge was taking so long. In a way she didn’t mind. She wasn’t in a hurry to give her testimony. Her mind went back to the lady she saw earlier. She felt a bit jealous. Délé was settling down and she was on trial for her life. She couldn’t hold her fortune against him. She turned and saw the lady sitting beside Dele. They looked good together. She smiled weakly at a worried Ajiri. She tried as much as possible not to look at the Oduahs but failed. She had once considered them family.
In the eventuality that she got released, would they believe she didn’t kill Chris? Would they accept her back? Tinú decided she didn’t want to know the answers to those questions. If she got out, the first thing she’d do is smother her children with kisses. She hadn’t gotten letters from them in a while. She hoped Felicia was okay. As she remembered Felicia, she made a mental note to finish the tract she gave her.
“Court.”, the clerk shouted and everyone else rose. The judge sat hastily and seemed irritable.
God, please don’t let him transfer aggression.
“Counsels, approach the bar.”, the judge said and the lawyers walked up to him. Tinú crossed her fingers wondering if he’d say something to favour her. Maybe new evidence came up and she was vindicated. The lawyers went back to their seats looking confused and Tinú prayed that she wasn’t going to be hanged today.
“We just received a letter from the office of the Attorney General of the Federation indicating his interest to exercise the new right embedded in the Constitution ordering that proceedings be paused for a period of three months taking effect from today. Hence, this hearing is suspended and proceedings will resume on the thirteenth of July, this year. We will go on another five minutes recess and then begin with the next case.”, the judge stated and stomped out of the courtroom as the clerk shouted “Court.”
Tinú wanted to melt in relief. She sighed as the guard led her out of the dock.
Thank you, Felicia.
God must love her to some extent by bringing Felicia into her life
Thank you God.
She smiled at Ajiri, who smiled back.
“This is preposterous!”, Mr. Jason Oduah shouted. Tinu’s smile fell.
“Don’t mind them. Haters.”, Ajiri said and hugged her friend. “Don’t worry. In no time, God will sort everything out.”

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Jolá Ige glared at his brother as he waited for his sister-in-law to leave the room. He had asked him for help and the man did next to nothing. So much for wanting his forgiveness.
“I thought you said you would do anything for my forgiveness. Why didn’t you order a nolle prosequi?”, Jolá said.
“Jola, the office of the AG has already intervened in that woman’s case once. Ordering a nolle prosequi would be tantamount to raising up a billboard that says the AG is exercising his power with bias and favour. I can’t have that. Three months should be enough time for her lawyer to put together a watertight argument. I know the boy. He’s sound and knows his onions.”, Folá defended.
“Folajimi, I am going out on a limb here and trusting you. If anything happens to the mother of my grandchildren, I swear to God who made me, I will personally file a charge of rape against you and I will drag your reputation through the mud.”, Jolá stated and walked out of the room and bumped into his sister-in-law.
“Baba oko mi, you’re not waiting for dinner?”, she asked. “I am making Amala.”
“Im sorry. I can’t. Thank you.”, he said.
“Did you fight with your brother?”, she asked.
“No, it’s just that I’m not hungry. And if I eat out now, Kemi will say I’m not eating her food.”, Jolá said smiling.
“Okay o. Help me greet Kemi and the children. Tell her that the aso-ebi for Peju's engagement will be available next week. I will send her to you with your own lace.”
“O da. Ma a ji'se fun. I hope Itunnu will bring a man home soon too.”, he said.
“Amin o.”
“Bye. Help me greet the twins and Tanwa.”, he said and left the house.

4 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is all for today, my loves.

Drop your comments and thoughts. I love to hear them.

We'll continue tomorrow. I'll try as much as possible to finish the book next week.

So let's have a quick announcement.

Ocean of Secrets: The Wave will begin with totally new characters and fairly familiar ones. Please be patient. We might not hear from the characters we are familiar after the first two, three chapters. Let's exercise patience.

The Wave will also explain what happened to Chris and why his death was faked.

So stay tuned.

I love you all.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Vikkie14: 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
millieademi:

The Wave will also explain what happened to Chris and why his death was faked.

So stay tuned.

I love you all.
All right. Thanks very much. But the suspense is killing.
More power and strength.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.