Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317447 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by segunjowo(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2019
Nice story. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Seyifunmi groaned as the knock on the door chased sleep away from her. She bit her pillow as she cussed whoever was knocking. She sighed and rolled out of bed. Her night was a nightmare. Well, it was not a nightmare per se. She got back together with Dele.
That was a plus. She thought as she stood groggily. The downside was after giving her a kiss that riled up everything feminine and human in her, he sent her into her uncle’s house all primed, ripe, moist and throbbing. Her cold shower did nothing to help me her sleep was worse. Her dreams starred Dele in X-rated fantasies.
She clamped her thighs together to assuage the dull, sweet ache she felt down there. She was just having another one and she had been enjoying it. It did i nothing to help with the pain. She knew nothing but Dele could fix it. She sighed again. She was all h*rny and aroused and unfortunately, Dele would have flown out of the country by now. She looked up at the wall clock and groaned louder. Definitely, Dele was not within the Nigerian borders anymore. Why was she even being disturbed? It was a Saturday for crying out loud.
She made her way to the door and unlocked it. She opened the door and saw Rosanna standing in the hallway. She groaned and walked back to flop onto her bed.
“Good morning to you too.”, Rosanna greeted as she entered and closed the door behind her. Seyifunmi grabbed a pillow and put it over her face.
“Look, I am not in the mood. What do you want?”, she grinded in a muffled voice.
“I overstepped last night and I apologize.”
“Okay. Please leave. I’m trying to get back to my dream. Please.”, Seyifunmi put in right before she felt the bed dip under Rosanna’s weight. She removed the pillow from her face and turned to look at her cousin.
“Shay, I was just worried about you.”, Rosanna whined with both her eyes and voice.
Seyifunmi turned on her side and propped her head on one arm. “I understand. Thank you. You’re more of a sister to me than any of mine and I was stupid for talking to you like I did. And frankly, I’m grateful for what you did. Maybe if you didn’t, Dele and I might not have made up.”, she said and wagged her eyebrows.
“No way.”, Rosanna gasped in shock.
“Yep. Apparently, my pride can be useful in some instances. I was stuck in the rain last night and he picked me up. We fought and we kissed and we made up.”, she explained.
“So was there any make up sex?”, Rosanna said wagging her own eyebrows.
“God, Ro! Next time, try I’m happy for you first or a congratulations. Then, maybe, I might be inclined to tell you if there was any make up sex.”, Seyifunmi said and curled up into a ball, hugging her pillow.
“Is that a no?”, she asked and silence followed. “I’lll take that as a no You’re grouchy and touchy. That means you’re h*rny…”
“What?!”
“Anytime Dele is not around you get so moody and touchy…” Seyifunmi winced and said “I think we’re too close for our own good.”
“No, an. We’re not. Give me the juicy details. Did something happen?”, Seyifunmi chippered in glee and knelt on the bed.
Seyifunmi smiled bitterly and told her cousin, “Ro, nothing happened. God, that man is frustrating. After dropping me off, we kissed. I was hoping we’d go back to his place but no such thing happened. Now, he’s going to be out of the country for a month.”
“Ooh. I guess it’ll be sitting on the dryer for you and dealing with cranky Seyifunmi for us.”, Rosanna said.
“I’m not that desperate or that cranky.”
“Have you seen yourself? You remind me of this character in a paperback I read a couple of weeks ago. The hornier he gets, the more sour his attitude.”
“Ro?”
“Yes?”
“Shut up a little.”
“Oh, Dele needs to get back fast.”, Rosanna teased and got off the bed.
“Shut up. Youre making it sound like I’m some sex addict.”
“Your words, not mine.”, she called mischievously and her cousin hurled a pillow at her.
“Get out, Ro.”
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Wheels turned in MJ’s head as Gabe’s fingers ran to and fro her upper arm. This was just a small price to pay. She needed Gabe on her side. If sleeping with him and giving him a mirage of her supposed love for me would do it, then she’d act hopelessly in love with him. Gabe always acted irrational when he got angry. He could go to the police and tell them everything they needed to know to prove Tinu's innocence. She didn’t need that. An unhappy Gabe meant a sloppy Gabe. Her hatred for Tinu ran deeper than her desire for a platonic relationship with Gabe. And once Tinu swung and her body was cold, she’d drop Gabe as fast as hot potatoes.
For the meantime, she’d enjoy the anonymity of her plans and the sex. At least, he was good in bed. She slowly rose from the bed and smiled at him.
“I love you, MJ.”, he called like a child. She swallowed the bile that rose up to her throat at his yearning and smiled wider.
“I love you, Gabe.”
Her phone rang and she got off the bed. She picked it up from the table across the room and stared at the Caller ID. She sighed and walked into the restroom. She picked the call and whispere-yelled, “What?”
“MJ, you were supposed to come over today. Why the hell didn’t you?” the voice asked.
“Look, I’m taking care of loose ends. And that is more important.”, she gritted.
“To you. Not to me. Have you seen the news?”
“No, what about it?”
“Oduah Holdings’ mining license has been suspended temporarily. The trial for the termination of their license is in two months. Investors have been pulling out. Contracts are being discharged and waived. The proce of their stock is in the toilet. Without Oduah Mining, Oduah Holdings is nothing.”, the man said and laughed.
“That’s good. So long as Al-Nasser doesn’t slip up then in two months there’ll be no more Oduah Mining. The Oduahs will regret messing with us.”, MJ gloated smiling.
“How goes it with the man-child?”
“Under my leash. He’s putty in my hands so long as he believes I’m in love with him.”
“Good. I expect you here tomorrow.”
“Don’t order me around. I’ll be there when I have the chance. Goodbye.”, she huffed and hung up.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Daniel Onuogha paced the length of his living room and left a trail of worried footsteps on the ivory tiles. The pills were not working and he didn’t know what to do. The insomnia was the least of it. The worst part was sleeping beside his wife, day in day out without telling her the truth. Margaux loved her brother with an intensity that shocked him. He could still hear her whimpering and sobs when she first received the news of his death. He wanted to console her and tell her the truth but he couldn’t.
If she found out the truth, she’d never forgive him. How could he tell her he was responsible for her brother’s death? How could he tell her that he was the one who mistakenly overdosed him? The worse part was seeing Tinu get blamed for his mistake. He wondered why the autopsy didn’t reveal that Chris died from an overdose. At first, he was grateful. The new Medical and Dental Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal didn’t take kindly to case of negligence and they were quick to revive the license of any doctor who killed by negligence.
How could he have miscalculated? He was sure it was five mililitres he injected into the medicine port of Chris’s IV bag. Why did things then go wrong? He had never made such a mistake in his close to ten years of practice. Why did it happen now? And with the beloved brother of his wife?
He couldn’t begin to imagine the hatred Margaux would feel if she found out the truth. She’d leave him no doubt. And she’d take their daughter with her.
God, please help me.
“Daniel?”, his wife called and he turned to face her. “My love what are you doing awake? I felt the bed for you and you weren’t there. Are you okay?”, she asked in worry. “Something’s disturbing you.” She cupped his face in her hands and stared into his eyes.
He had gotten so good at lying that he could stare back into her eyes and smile as though nothing was wrong.
“Go back to bed, Margaux. I just had a troubling day at work. I’ll be fine.”, he said smiling.
“Are you sure, Daniel?”, she said.
“Yes, I am.”, he answered.
His heart tore as his wife smiled at him lovingly. She stood on her tiptoes and pressed her lips to his. She wound her arms around his neck and sought passage into his mouth. He denied her access.
She descended to her soles and looked up at him in wonder. “Daniel, what’s wrong?”
Those three words asked volumes. They asked questions he could never bring himself to answer. He could not just say, ‘Sorry, Margaux. It’s just that I killed your brother and I’m worried you’ll hate me, I’ll lose you, our daughter and my license to practice and an innocent woman may die for what I did. Just give me a minute to get myself together and I’ll be fine.’
So he did the only thing anyone in his situation would do. He lied. “Nothing. I’m just tired.”
“Daniel, no matter how tired you were in the past, you were never too tired to make love to me. Now, it’s like I repulse you. You don’t touch me anymore, you don’t kiss me anymore. You can barely sleep on the same bed with me. Don’t think I don’t notice how many times you wake up at night. Sometimes, you leave the room for minutes or hours. Do I disgust you? Or have I lost my appeal to you? “his wife said with tears in her eyes. “Daniel, it’s been months since we last made love. Talk to me.”
A tear fell from her eyes and he hated himself more.
“Margaux, it’s nothing like that. If we haven’t made love, it’s because of everything that has been happening. I mean, you were mourning your brother. I know how much you loved Chris. It would have been insensitive of me to want to jump your bones then…”
“Now, I’m ready. I’m not mourning anymore.”, Margaux said and tried to kiss him again but he pulled away. She looked at him in shock and a sob escaped her lips. She couldn’t believe what just happened. She had dodged her touch like she had Ebola. She had merely stated a few unruly thoughts that had danced in her mind. But the way he avoided her made her certain her husband was disgusted by her.
Could Daniel be that superficial? So she had added a lot of weight since she put to bed but she was working on losing it. So she wasn’t the lissome lady he married anymore but she was still Margaux. Was he that in love with her body and not her? She heard a lot of men changed towards their wives after children came but she never thought it could happen with her and Daniel. She had thought wrong. She tried to stop the tears that fell but couldn’t. She was heartbroken. If he was that affected by her looks, why didn’t he say something? Kenechi, one of her friends, had bragged that her husband had worked out with her and dieted with her to lose the baby fat she had put on after delivery. That was what real men did. Not hide away and act disgusted by the touch of their wives.
“Margaux, it’s not what you think.”, Daniel called and tried to touch her.
She took two steps backwards as he approached her. “G-g-goodnight, Daniel.”, she said and walked away.

8 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by mychiveous(f): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
More twist. Please let someone confess o ..So Tinu can regain her freedom.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jadeliyi(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
update! millie and twists sha, thanks anyways.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
Daniel better confess oooo

Thanks dearie, happy new year in advance
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2019
Chapter 25
Margaux stared at her reflection in the mirror and hated herself. Why did she have to be one of those women who put on a lot of weight with pregnancy? And this was her first. She held up her arm and hit the flabby flesh that dropped. She cringed as she recalled how Daniel had forged her kiss hours ago.
She was pudgy but was she that revolting that he didn’t want to kiss her. It wasn’t like she had body odour or something. Or did she? She lifted her arm again and sniffed her armpit. She still smelt like the deodorant. So what was his problem?
Me.
She was his problem. He had hurt her but she’d fix it. She loved Daniel and if he couldn’t stand her being fat she’d fix it. She walked towards the rack and tried to pick out a dress. Today was the first hearing for the murder of Chris and she was testifying. Anger at Tinu erupted within her. Her brother had loved that witch with his all. He had been prepared to walk away from Oduah Holdings, a company he had given his blood and sweat to, if it meant losing her and she killed him. She was a snake, a pretentious snake. The lawyer had told them she could either get life imprisonment or the death sentence. Personally, Margaux wanted to hang. She wanted to watch her convulse and pant for air as the pressure on her windpipe got unbearable. She wanted to watch Tinu go still and then swing. She wanted her to suffer just like she made her brother suffer.
She didn’t know she was holding the hanger in a death grip till her husband came up behind her and wound his arms around her waist.
“Baby, I’m sorry.”, he whispered in her ear.
The surprise at the act caused her to drop the hanger and her knuckles sang for joy. Her breath caught on feeling his arms around her waist. She snapped out of her surprise as she remembered what he did.
“Are you sure you want to be holding me? I might give you the black plague or something.”, she stated and tried to wiggle out of his embrace.
“I’m sorry, Marge.”, he called and pressed open-mouthed kisses to her neck and then to her shoulders. It had been so long since they were intimate, hence the little act had her writhing. He slid the straps of her silk nightdress off her shoulders.
“I thought you didn’t want to touch me anymore.”, she said with her eyes squeezed shut as she enjoyed the feel of his kisses.
“Margaux, you’re the woman I love, my wife, the mother of my firstborn. I will always want you.”, he whispered softly as he pulled down her dress so he could access her breasts and handle them. She fought and lost the battle to swallow her moans.
“Daniel, I – you…” Her words got lost and a scramble went on in her brain. It couldn’t string together a single thought but only feel the touch of her husband.
“You do not disgust me, Marge. On the contrary, you excite me, you drive me crazy.”, he said and pressed his erection against her and she groaned in pleasure. “I love you, Margaux. And I never want to lose you.” He confessed his fears and hoped he would never lose her. He had decided to put his guilt behind him. If the police had not found out that Chris was overdosed by now, then they were never going to find out. Chris was already buried and the Oduah family mausoleum sealed. There was no way anyone would think to exhume Chris and discover his secret. He’d protect his marriage and family from ever learning the truth. And if Tinú had to be the sacrifice for his marriage, so be it.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tinu shifted her weight from one leg to the other as she listened to the lawyers on both sides give their opening statements. The prosecution had sworn they would prove beyond reasonable doubt she killed her husband and the defense had promised to reveal her innocence and she didn’t know who to believe. She sighed and prayed to God. He had to help her. He just had to intervene.
“Prosecution would like to call their first witness – Mrs. Margaux Onuogha.”, the sassy prosecutrix announced. Tinu watched the clerk proceed to call Margaux from the hallway. Her eyes followed Margaux from the door of the courtroom to the witness box. She listened to Margaux swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Tinu doubted Margaux had any intention to tell the whole truth. She’d probably cook up a concoction of half-truths and exaggerations.
“For the record, please introduce yourself to this honourable court.”, the lawyer said as she stood by the witness box.
“I am Mrs. Margaux Oduah-Onuogha. I am sister to the deceased and the accused is my sister-in-law.”, Margaux said boldly.
“For how long have you known the accused? And what was your relationship with her”
“About seven years. I met her while she was working for my brother. I got acquainted with her when she married him. We used to be close. I used to think of her as my sister.”, Margaux stated.
“So would you say that in the seven years you’ve known the accused, you can testify about her character as a person?”
“Yes, I can.”
“So tell us. What is the character of the accused?”
“Id say Tinu is a very determined woman. Anything she sets her mind on, she achieves. She snagged my brother at a time Chris didn’t want a relationship. She made my brother marry her and accept her children from her previous marriage.”
Tinu could not believe her ears. She couldn’t believe Margaux could say that about her. So much for sisterhood.
“So do you believe Tinú could resort to any means to get what she wants?”, the prosecutrix asked as she took off her glasses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Doubra12(m): 10:31am On Dec 29, 2019
Aweome,more updates,this suspense is killing me o
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:43am On Dec 29, 2019
“So do you believe Tinú could resort to any means to get what she wants?”, the prosecutrix asked as she took off her glasses.
“Objection my Lord. Counsel is leading the witness.”, the defense attorney snapped as he stood.
“Sustained.”, the judge said and continued writing.
“Humbly guided, milord. So Mrs. Oduah-Onuogha. Tell us what happened on the fourth of February last year.”, the prosecutrix asked and stood by her desk.
“Well, my mother and I went to visit my brother and his family. It was after the Tinu and baby Chris’s accident. We met my brother and his wife arguing. Tinu thought my brother was cheating on her.”
“Was he?”, the prosecutrix asked.
“I don’t know. But she threatened my brother’s life that day. She told him she’d kill him if he was cheating.”, Margaux said.
“No further questions, my lord.”, the lawyer said and returned to her seat. Tinu sighed and hoped her lawyer could poke holes in Margaux's testimony.
“Mrs. Margaux. I can call you Mrs. Margaux, right?”, the lawyer said as he stood before her.
“Yes, you can.”, she said.
“How long have you been married?”
“Five years.”
“Your marriage is relatively young. Permit if I may ask, has there ever been an incident of infidelity in your marriage?”
“Objection. Relevance.”, the prosecutrix shouted.
“Counsel change your line of questioning.”, the judge said.
“Okay. I won’t ask about your marriage. You seem familiar with your brother’s marriage to the accused. Are you aware of the fact that your brother cheated on the accused?”
“Yes. But it was before they were married.”
“But after they were engaged to be married?”
“Yes.”
“You are aware that from that indiscretion a child was born?”
“Yes, I am.”
“Now, after the accused found out about her husband’s love child, did she act in a manner that could have put the deceased in fear of grievous bodily harm or death?”
“Not that I know of.”
“Mrs. Margaux, yes or no answers please.”
“No.”
“So why then would she actually kill the accused?”
“I…”
“No further questions, my lord.”, the counsel put in and returned to his seat.
The prosecutrix returned for cross examination with a scowl on her face. “Mrs. Oduah-Onuogha, you said you were close with the accused?”
“Yes, I did.”
“So you can tell if the accused is joking or being serious?”
“Yes.”
“Do you believe the accused was joking or bantering that day?”
“No, I do not.”
“Thank you. I have no further questions.”

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tinú watched stoic as Margaux, the detective and the coroner give evidence that she was the murderess of her husband. She prayed in her hear that a miracle would happen. She watched Ajiri climb onto the witness stand and hoped her testimony could clear the doubts the judge had about her innocence.
“Tell us about the accused.”
“Tinu and I have been best friends since primary school. Tinu is very sweet and kind. Tinu can ensure inconvenience to make someone she loves happy. Tinu cannot kill a chicken. I mean, Christmas after Christmas she’d settle for frozen chicken rather than have to kill a chicken herself.”
“In your opinion, did the accused love the deceased?”
“Yes. Even when I told her to forget about him and reject his marriage proposal, she chose to keep off from me rather than leave him. She loved him. She lost herself after his death. I don’t believe she could have killed him.”
“Thank you.”

10 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
So many twists, I just want Tinu to be free

Thanks for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tinú watched stoic as Margaux, the detective and the coroner give evidence that she was the murderess of her husband. She prayed in her hear that a miracle would happen. She watched Ajiri climb onto the witness stand and hoped her testimony could clear the doubts the judge had about her innocence.
“Tell us about the accused.”
“Tinu and I have been best friends since primary school. Tinu is very sweet and kind. Tinu can ensure inconvenience to make someone she loves happy. Tinu cannot kill a chicken. I mean, Christmas after Christmas she’d settle for frozen chicken rather than have to kill a chicken herself.”
“In your opinion, did the accused love the deceased?”
“Yes. Even when I told her to forget about him and reject his marriage proposal, she chose to keep off from me rather than leave him. She loved him. She lost herself after his death. I don’t believe she could have killed him.”
“Thank you.”
Tinu sighed and wondered what questions the prosecutrix had to ask.
“Mrs. Mai, is it safe to say you've known the accused for up to twenty years?”
“Yes, I’ve known Tinu for twenty years.”
“Wow. That’s a long time. In those twenty years, I’m sure there’s been arguments and quarrels. Yes or No.”
“Yes.”
“Good. So tell us about Tinu’s temper.”
“Tinu, well, when angry is like any other person.”, Ajiri said.
“Mrs. Mai, you’re a lawyer. That’s a vague answer at best and ridiculous if I was being honest. This court doesn’t know what any other person’s temper is like. In fact, we do not care. What we are bothered about is Tinu’s temper. So I ask the question again. What is Tinu’s temper like?”
“Moderate.”, Ajiri answered scrunching up her nose.
“That’s still vague. My lord…”
“Counsel, rephrase the question.”, the judge said and turned to look at Ajiri. “Witness, try to be clearer with your answers.”
“Ok, what can Tinú do when she’s angry? And remember you’ve sworn to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”, the prosecutrix said and crossed her arms across her chest.
“It depends on the situation. Sometimes, she might cry or be passively aggressive or simply ignore the person that made her angry.”
“Has she ever flared up and done something intense and dramatic?”
Ajiri swallowed the truth and kept mute. She wouldn’t be the one to knock in the final nail in Tinu’s coffin.
“Mrs. Mai, please kindly answer the question.”, the lawyer asked. Ajiri wondered if the prosecutrix had found out what Tinu did.
“I don’t know.”
“I’ll go out on a limb here and call that a blatant lie. Are you trying to tell this court that in twenty years, two decades, Tinú has never done anything dramatic when angry? I think it’s either of two things. It’s either she’s a saint or you’re a pathetic liar…”
“Objection, my lord. Counsel is badgering the witness.”, the defense lawyer shouted.
“I wouldn’t say badgering. I’m just calling things as I see them, my lord.”, the savvy woman answered.
“Counsel, stick to asking questions.”, the judge said.
“Yes, my lord. Mrs. Mai, answer the question. Has the accused ever done anything intense when angry? Yes or no.”, the lawyer said.
Ajiri mulled over the question for minutes and wondered whether to say the truth.
“Mrs. Mai, we don’t have all day.”, the judge said.
“Yes.”, Ajiri finally said.
The prosecutrix smiled diabolically and said, “Tell this honourable court about the incident.”
Ajiri looked down at her nails and started, “I was in my penultimate year in the university and Tinu in her final year. She had just written her final exams and we went out to celebrate. We went to a pepper soup joint outside campus. We were dancing and a guy, out of the blues, groped her buttocks. Tinu was angry and then she…” She couldn’t bring herself to complete it to say what Tinu had done.
“Mrs. Mai, what did Tinu do?”
Ajiri shook her head and hated her weakness at not being able to insist on lying.
“Mrs. Mai, answer the question put to you by the counsel.”
“My lord, you have to understand. We were young and she was provoked…”, Ajiri said turning to the judge.
“Mrs. Mai, answer the question put to you.”, the judge said plainly, unwavered by Ajiri’s teary eyes.
“I plead section thirty-six sub eleven of the Constitution.”, Ajiri said without thinking.
The prosecutrix smiled snidely and said, “I don’t know what law school you graduated from but in case you weren’t taught, section thirty-six sub eleven applies to the person on trial and not the witnesses. Please, Mrs. Mai, answer the question.”
Damn me and my candor
“Tinu broke a bottle that evening and threatened the guy with it.”, Ajiri said in shame. “But she was provoked.”
“Please, let it be noted that the witnesses testified that when provoked the accused can do anything even going as far as threatening someone’s life.”, the prosecutrix stated facing the judge.
“No, I didn’t say that. I….”
“I have no more questions for the witness.”, the lawyer stated and returned to her seat. Ajiri looked up and saw the tears gleaming in Tinu’s eyes and felt like a traitor.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
Hmmmmm, i just hope what Ajiri said won't be a difficult one for my Tinu.....
Pls the trial is taking long, Tinu needs to be free
Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
Thanks for the updates
Kudos to you
More please

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2019
Wow. this court case is becoming so intense!

Thank you so much for the update!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by aprilwise(m): 10:13am On Dec 30, 2019
Ajiri was standing in a tight spot. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by blesskewe(f): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
Wow
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thanks

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by mhizv(f): 7:33am On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year!!! millieademi kiss

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by manduwem(m): 10:03am On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year to y'all n Millie
Wish us the best of the year 2020

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by kaakaa1(m): 10:33am On Jan 01, 2020
Happy New Year Millieademi!!! You’re a great writer, may your craft sell even more this year. To everybody who’s been following, even fellow ghost readers like me grin tongue may we grow in knowledge and Power in our quest to learn!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hi guys....

Happy New Year and Happy New Decade. May God bless us and prosper the works of our hands this New Year. May He preserve our whole bodies and souls blameless till His Coming. May we harvest bountifully from all the seeds we've sown.

So, sadly, I didn't complete Ocean of Secrets last year. So sad.

But, New Year, new opportunities.

So I'm going to drop something now and probably later in the evening. I still need to sleep off the vigil lag. God is our muscle this year

I love you so much and you are all amazeballs.

Figured I haven't told you that in a while. kiss

So here goes....

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Elsa smiled as she watched the baby in Donald’s arms empty her bottle. She sure had a healthy appetite, going through tins of formula in days. Not that she was complaining. This was the closest she had to having a grandchild and raising one. Guilt hadn’t let her be around for Tèmí and Tóminí. Her smile broadened at Donald’s cluelessness.
“What do I do next?”, Donald asked with his brows furrowed as he gently rocked the baby girl. She collected the bottle from him and showed him how to burp the baby. “Am I doing it correctly?”, he asked in fear.
Elsa chuckled lightly and nodded. She knew this was novelty for Donald. His wife had died together with their child during childbirth. This was his first time in his over seventy years to feed a baby. When he had told her he had never fed a baby, she thought it had to be the most ludicrous thing she had ever heard. And now, after weeks of persuasion and cajoling, he finally agreed to feed Regina.
She watched as he teared up at little Regina yawning and smacking her lips sleepily.
“Look, she wants to sleep.”, he whispered in excitement and Elsa beamed at him. “Thank you, Elsa.”
“You’re welcome, Donald. Give her to me so I can place her in her cot.” He nodded and placed the baby gently in her arms. Elsa smiled approvingly at him. He had gotten better at handling the baby. Elsa left the balcony to place the baby in the cot in the living room. Robert, sending his rival for attention was gone, roused from where he was lying and growled in protest.
“You’re still my baby, Rob. Nothing’s going to change that.”, he assured and the dog barked in glee. He had gotten Robert four years ago when he couldn’t take the loneliness after his goddaughter got married. He sighed and thought of his life. He had always been alone. His parents had never really been there and he was an only child. Growing up, he never really had friends. In primary school, his mother didn’t let him play with the other children. In secondary school, his mates thought him to be a snobby and snooty smarty-pants. In university, his mates were more interested in using his brain than getting to know the lonely boy behind the Donald five point zero he was called behind his back.
He believed his being alone would end when he had a family of his own. Fate had other plans. He lost his wife and baby on the same day. His grief was indescribable. Two years after his wife and child died, his closest friend died together with his wife in a plane crash. He had had to raise their four children as he was their godfather and they had no immediate relative willing and able to take them in. He had been given a chance at a family and he took good care of the four girls to the best of his ability. Now they were all married he rarely got to see them.
At least, he was compensated with Elsa’s company and Robert. They were his family. He felt warmth in his heart as he thought of her. For the first time, he felt he had a friend, someone who wanted to be with him and spend time with him as much as he did. As if sensing his thoughts, Robert barked in affirmation.
“Yes, I know. Elsa is one special lady.”, Donald put in and the dog laid back down and whined in satisfaction.
“Are you gossiping about me?”, she joked as she came back in. “I heard my name.” Donald smiled at her and said, “Of course, we were. It’s only fair since you and Robert do the same about me.”
The dog barked in assertion. “You can’t keep a secret, can you?”, Elsa asked the dog and it barked I negation.
“That’s what I thought.”, Elsa put in and patted its head. “I think we should get together and gossip about Robert for a change.”, she whispered in Donald’s ear.
He smiled and said, “Maybe we should. How’s Dele?”
“Fine. At least, that’s what he tells me. I just wish he’d get married soon. I try as much as possible not to get worried because of what happened the last time. But I feel worry is something I got baptised into since I gave birth to him. I worry about his safety, his health, his marital life, his company, his diet.”
He held her hand and squeezed softly. “Cast all your cares and burden upon him for He cares for us. If I didn’t learn anything else from that Donut Man CD you’ve been playing for Regina, I sure learnt that.”
She smiled and said, “Thank you. Thank you, Donald. God definitely saved the best for last with you. You’re the best friend I’ve ever had.”
“Awwn!”, he gushed and Robert barked eagerly.
“And you too, Robert. You’re definitely the best.”, she said and scratched his ears and he gave a whimper and whine of ecstasy.
“You’re spoiling him too much.”, Donald said.
“I can’t help it. He’s such a good boy.”, she cooed and smiled down at the dog.
“Someone has a visitor.”, Donald said causing Elsa to turn to look down at the car that just pulled up in the parking lot.
“Donald, we have to stop doing this. We are too old for this kind of joblessness.”, Elsa protested but still watched the car eagerly.
“Hmmhmn. What would you have us do? There’s no light. And you don’t want to flash Mr. Agbe one of your smiles so he can repair the fuse.”, he said.
“I’ve told you. I’m not flirting with anyone for favours anymore.”, she said laughing.
“Then we continue in our joblessness.”, he said. “I wonder who’s visitor he is. It’s a Mercedes. I’m guessing one of those girls on the first floor.”
“No, jo. It could be for that upcoming actress on the fourth floor. You should have seen the way she was looking at Délé the other day. Since then, she started greeting me ten times. Somebody that doesn’tgreet me before.”
“O ti to mother-in-law.”
“Mother-in-law ni kan ko. She should better be finding her mother-in-law to the front. She even gave me tickets for the premier of the movie that she’s third lead actress in. Should we go?”
“You want her tickets but you don’t want to be her mother-in-law.”
“Shey tickets now resemble proposal? Abeg, I am enjoying the proceeds of having a handsome son. Is this person not coming down, ni?”
“I thought you were tired of this joblessness.”
“I still have energy.”, she said as the person got out of the car and her breath caught.
“Do you know the person?”, Donald asked in curiosity.
“That’s Jolá, my ex-husband.”, she said at the same moment Jolá looked up.

I'll continue with the trial in later updates.

7 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
kaakaa1:
Happy New Year Millieademi!!! You’re a great writer, may your craft sell even more this year. To everybody who’s been following, even fellow ghost readers like me grin tongue may we grow in knowledge and Power in our quest to learn!

Amen o. Thanks b

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
mhizv:
Happy new year!!! millieademi kiss

Thanks love
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
manduwem:
Happy new year to y'all n Millie
Wish us the best of the year 2020

Amen. Thank you sweetie.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Felicia fought the dizzy spells bewitching her body and made her way to the restroom to pee. She didn’t like this malaria at all. She hadn’t been able to go to work or to go to the prison. The drugs she bought were not working. They even made her feel woozier. She splashed water on her face after easing herself and shuffled back to bed. She crawled in and pulled the duvet over her head and tried to sleep. Since she awoke with the urge to pee, her head had been banging. She clamped her eyes shut and tried to force herself to sleep. She always felt better after a little rest.
She needed to rest. Dapo would be back soon and he’d need her to go over his assignment. Jaiye too would come back and he’d be hungry. She groaned as she remembered she had been postponing going to the market. Now, she had used up all her soup ingredients and there was no soup left in the freezer.
Felicia, why?
The soft bed was alluring and compelling and considerably better than a trip to the market. But she knew what she had to do. She sat up and groaned.
Father, help me.
How?
She sighed and hated herself more. He had warned her against her habit of procrastinating when it came to things of her home time and time again but she always gave excuses. He had warned her to treat her home with the same gravity she treated her work. Now, she had no one to blame but herself.
Father, I’m sorry. Please, just give me strength.
Strength is not what you need. I’ve given you what you need.
She wondered what He meant by that. She prayed to God that He didn’tmean an argument with Jaiye or an incident with Dapo. She hoped He mean her learning the hard way. She was tired of learning through bitter experiences. She turned as she heard the door open as her husband came in. She glanced at the bedside table to check the time. It was just three thirty.
“Jaiye, good afternoon. Why are you back so early?”, she asked and stood slowly. He dropped his satchel and jacket on the nearest sofa and walked straight to her and hugged her.
“Why did you not tell me you weren’t feeling fine?”, he asked as he sat her down.
“You’ve been busy with the case against the thirty-six states. Adding my health to your problems would be selfish.”, she said.
“Keeping it to yourself is one step short of selfish. I know I’ve rarely been around the past two weeks but you should have told me.”, he said. “Finding out from Mmesoma was embarrassing.”
“I can take care of myself, Jaiye. I did…”
Stop.
She sighed as she realized what she had been about to say would have hurt his feelings.
“I did not mean to hurt you. Next time, I’ll tell you. Am I forgiven?”, she said smiling.
“Of course. What did the doctor say?”, he asked as he took off his cufflinks. She groaned inwardly as she knew she was busted. Jaiye never believed in self diagnosis and prescription and he had warned her to stop it. She watched nervously as he took off his shoes and loosed his tie.
“Felicia, I said what did the doctor say? Is it malaria or what?”, he asked and stopped his undressing.
“Its malaria.”, she said earnestly and she gave herself away.
“Is that what the doctor said?”, he asked and she kept quiet. “You didn’t go to a hospital, did you?”. His aggravation and exasperation at her stubbornness caused him to groan and continue removing his shirt.
“Jaiye….”
“No, Felicia. What is wrong with you? It’s like you take pleasure in not listening to me. You probably think let him talk his own and when he is done, he will shut up. I can do whatever I want to do.”
“Jaiye, it’s not like that. I don’t just want to waste money going to a hospital…”
“Please, have I ever asked you to pay for your bills yourself? Or is the allowance I give you not enough?”
“Jaiye, I’m used to it. I know what is wrong with me and it’s my body.”
“Your body?”
It’s not your body. Apologise and mean it.
“You know what? You’re right. Do whatever you want. I need to make a call.”, he put in and left.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy New Year Milliademi
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year OP

Thanks for the update ooooooo

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 6:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year everyone

I guess Felicia is pregnant

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
“Jaiyé, it’s not like that. I don’t just want to waste money going to a hospital…”
“Please, have I ever asked you to pay for your bills yourself? Or is the allowance I give you not enough?”
“Jaiyé, I’m used to it. I know what is wrong with me and it’s my body.”
“Your body?”
It’s not your body. Apologise and mean it.
“You know what? You’re right. Do whatever you want. I need to make a call.”, he put in and left.
She sighed and she felt her stomach and throat work like a piston. She swallowed back spit to push the vomit back to her stomach but it would have none of that. It fought its way to her mouth and she lost the battle. She ran into the restroom and vomitted into the sink. She heaved and hurled until it felt her stomach would be coming out as well. She sighed and flushed her vomit down the drain with water. She rinsed her mouth and then the sink. She had only made it ten steps away from the sink when vomit waged another war that she lost. She ran to the sink and dry heaved. Tears fell out of her eyes as she tried to vomit whatever it was that was in her stomach. She hated whenever her malaria got this bad. She sank onto the floor sobbing quietly. She had been dealing with this for two weeks now. She wondered if the drugs she bought in the pharmacy were fake. The pharmacy looked too prestigious to sell fake drugs.
Abi, is it just packaging?
“Felicia.”, she heard Jaiye call.
“I’m here.”, she said but it came sounding like a whisper. She wondered if he heard.
“Felicia, I have news about Tinú…”, his words died as he saw her sitting on the floor. “Are you ok? Why are you crying?”, he asked and sat on his haunches beside her. He pressed the back of his palm to her forehead.
“You don’t have a fever. Are you feeling weak?”, he asked.
“I just vomitted. I think I puked out my entire alimentary system. I feel weaker than before. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you. You probably want to tell me I told you so.”, she wheezed.
“I’d rather see you better than be right.”, he said and carried her in his arms.
“Wow, my husband, the chivalrous prince.”, she cooed and rested her head on his shoulder.
“And my wife, the pigheaded and obstinate damsel. Don’t we make a pair.”, he commented and placed her on the bed. “When Dapo gets back, we’ll drive down to the clinic.”
“Thank you, Jay. What about Tinú? You said you have news.”, she said closing her eyes.
“Well. Tinu’s case is bad. Real bad. According to the lady on the case, she doesn’t have any defences. Unless the defense is saving it for later. She seems innocent. I’d hate for her to lose the case.”
“If she loses, life imprisonment, right? She can still get out on parole, right?”, Felicia asked sitting up.
“Felicia, the consequence of her losing is death. She’ll be hanged. The judge ruled on the first trial that the case was not a manslaughter case and he would not hear anything on manslaughter.”
“Mercy, Jesus! I have to see her.”, Felicia said in worry. “Jaiye, is there no possibility for allocutus or what do you call it?”
“Justice Ekpo is really stern. Bordering unmerciful. I doubt he’d listen to any pleas. All I can pray is that Tinú gives her life sooner rather than later.”, Jaiye said.
“Jaiye, we can’t give up. If God was able save Peter, He can save Tinú.”, she put in.
“You’re right but I am stating the facts. If He decides not to save her, we can’t hold it against Him. He is God. Getting her on the side of righteousness is better than hoping for a release.”

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Jolá sat in the stuffy living room twiddling his thumbs. He looked up at Elsa who was pacifying a crying baby and the man in front of him. Was he Elsa’s husband? He looked at the man’s hand and saw no band there. He looked at Elsa again as she bounced his granddaughter. And he smiled. His first grandchild.
“ Is she feeling well? I can help.”, he said.
“Jolá, don’t worry. The sound of you knocking woke her up. She’ll be fine once I can convince her to go back to sleep.”, she said and started humming.
“Elsa, I think it’s the heat. I’ll put on the inverter now.”, Donald said as he stood.
“Thank you so much, Donald.”, she said smiling and continued humming. Donald left into the house and soon the power came on. The ceiling fan began to turn and soon the room got cooler. As soon as it got cool, the baby stopped crying.
“Is she better?”, Donald asked as he reappeared.
“Yes. You’re getting the hang of taking care of babies.”, Elsa said smiling.
“I have a good teacher.”, Donald replied. Jolá could not help the wave of jealousy that crashed through him. If not for Fola, that would have been him beside her.
“Jolá, pardon my manners. Jolá, this is Donald, my best friend.”, she said smiling. The wave crashed again. He used to be her best friend, her confidant and partner in crime.
“Don’t let Robert hear or he’ll throw a fit.”, Donald said smiling.
The wave of jealousy in Jolá turned into a typhoon. There was another man?
“Where is he, by the way?”, Elsa asked as she dropped the sleeping baby in the cot.
“Somewhere inside.”, he put in and sat down.
“Hmmn.”, she replied.
Jolá rubbed his hands to calm the storm of jealousy in him.
“So, what brings you here, Jolá?”, she asked.
“I was thinking we could talk in private.”, he said.
“Don’t worry. I’ll excuse you. I think a bottle of wine will do the trick with Mr. Agbe.”,he said and left the apartment.
Jolá sighed in relief. This was harder than he thought.
“So?”
“I’m sorry for coming here like this. I had to talk to you. You didn’t pick my calls. I was desperate.”, he said.
“Jola, everything that happened between us is in the past. I’ve forgiven you wholeheartedly. I’m too old to be keeping grudges. I’ve forgiven your sons as well. There’s nothing to talk about.”, she said.
“Dele.”, he whispered.
“That’s very tricky. Left to Dele, you’re not supposed to be here. The only reason I let you in is because he’s out of the country and won’t be back till the end of the month. You’re persona non grata to him.”
“How can I fix that?”
Elsa swallowed the “Go back in time to thirty-two years ago.” and shrugged.
“Elsa, please help me. I want to part of his life and my grandchild’s.”, he said staring at the cot.
“Jola, you made your bed. I know this sounds crass but you have to lie in it. I don’t think Dele will forgive you. He’s every bit as unforgiving as you were. And now that he doesn’t need a father, it’s going to be difficult to get him to forgive you.”, she said and picked up the throw pillow Donald had been holding before.
“Is he willing to accept Donald as his father?”, he blurted. Elsa looked at him with questioning eyes. “Elsa, is there something I should know?”
“I don’t think so. My life is not your business anymore.”

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Bridgovoks:
Happy New Year Milliademi
Thanks for the update

Thanks love
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
skubido:
Happy new year OP

Thanks for the update ooooooo

Thanks love.

You're welcome
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 11:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
yeah i might have started the reading quiet late..am kinda a lazy reader nd it took me a week to catch up..but millieademi..u made me cry..yeah i was already deeply in love with chris..(though not more than tinuke) and when i read he was dead..i just felt hatred for u..i actually thought u killed him becoz u never liked him *yeah u clearly stated that last year*
That aside u made tinuke suffer..plus going through the truama of her regina was dead..
Just when i had gotten my self to believe christopher's death u raised him up from dead..
and u knw wat..
Now i feel the love i have 4 u grow so large nothing can contain it..
i love u milly so bleeping much..happy new year..more ink to ur pen..

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 11:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
Milly who killed tinuke's parents?? who does oduah holdings actually belong to..??
why is mr jason hiding chris??
where is katrina she cnt just giveup her son even after hearing of chris's death.??
you said last year that bamidele and tinuke where going to cum bck soon..so why did bamidele nd sheyee cum bck??
you potrayed bamidele to be selfcentered so why did he take up chris's regina..
does chris really love tinuke??
who is tanya or wateva she's called to gabby??
is fola an officer too..if yes is he the person incharge of the female prison..??
i need answers please i need updates..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.