Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317291 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Moura7(m): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2020
Wow... this is badass. Great job

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:10am On Jan 22, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tinu awoke to the sight of Ajiri feeding Zino. She groaned and Ajiri looked up in relief.
“Hey.”,Tinu greeted.
“I swear you are a trouble magnet.”, Ajiri said in anger.
“Whatever. When are the children coming? I’ve missed them so much.”, Tinu said in elation. Ajiri looked at Tinu in wonderment and the realization hit her.
“Atinuke Coker, do not lie to me. Did you get into a fight so you can see the children?”, Ajiri whisper yelled as she dropped the bowl of cornmeal she was feeding her child on the cabinet by Tinu's bed. Tinu’s nervous smile answered her.
“Are you crazy? What if you were killed or something? Don’t you think…”, Ajiri shouted.
“Yes, I don’t think. I don’t think of anything other than my children. It’s been months since I last held them in my arms. Thinking be damned. I may not live to see them grow up. I had to see them if only for one day. When are they coming?”, she shouted back.
Ajiri shook her head in exasperation. “They’re on a flight to Lagos as we speak. This week is the week you permitted Délé and his mum to have them.”
“No. You’re kidding, right?”, Tinu laughed in disbelief.
“No.”, Ajiri said and Tinu cried. If only she had woken up sooner.
“I paid someone to beat me up just so I could see them again. Ajiri, I want my children here.”, Tinu said crying.
Ajiri was awash with pity. Technically, almost a year had gone by since Tinu last saw the children face to face. If it were her, she’d go crazy.
“Can we get Délé to bring them back? Please I have to see them before the trial resumes. If not..”, she trailed off into sobs.
“I don’t think that’ll be fair. I mean, this is the first time Délé’s had the children to himself and…”
“What about what’s fair to me? If I die…”
“Stop saying that. You’re not going to die.”, Ajiri shouted with tears in her eyes.
“Now’s not the time for blind Faith. It will take all of heaven's resources to get the judge to declare me not guilty. I need to see my children. I need to hold them and kiss them for the last time. Ajiri, please.”, she said and clutched unto her hand. “Please, from sister to sister, from one mother to another, please bring me my children.”
Ajiri sniffled and nodded. “Ill call Dele now.”

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Donald heard raised voices as he passed by Elsa’s apartment. He listened intently and the other voice turned out to be a man’s. Was it Délé’s? They seemed to be in a heated argument. Were they arguing because of Jolá? He sighed as he thought of Jolá, Elsa’s true love. He turned to enter his apartment. It shouldn’t be bothered. He had Lydia. If Elsa was still in love with Jolá then he couldn’t hold it against her.
It’s not like that between us. We’re just friends. I don’t feel anything for him.
Her words really hurt. But then she never led him on. He decided to fall in love with her. It was his fault for falling in love with her. He had Lydia and she loved him. That was all that mattered.
“Jola, I said get out of my house.”, he heard Elsa’s voice shout.
“I don’t want to hear any explanations. Just get out.”
He could hear the anguish in her voice. His legs led him to her apartment door and he knocked on her door. The voices stopped and he knocked again.
“Elsa?”, he called and the door was opened by a teary eyes Elsa.
“Donald!”, she gasped in shock. “Hi. Do you need something?”
“Are you okay? I heard voices.”, he asked and embarrassment flashed in her eyes.
“Donald, this is… I’m okay. Please just go.”, she said and a tear rolled down her left cheek.
Like hell she is.
He pushed in and past her into the apartment. He ignored her calls and walked straight to the living room where he met a livid Jolá.
“Donald, please leave.”, she said.
“What sort of man are you?”, Donald hurled at him. “After thirty-two years, you come back and all you do is reopen healed wounds and make her cry. How exactly do you sleep at night?”
“Look, this is none of your business. Stay out of this. She’s my ex-wife and the last time I checked you’re just a neighbor.”, Jolá fired.
“Jolá abi what are they calling you, I don’t care if you’re her husband. It doesn’t give you the right to hurt her repeatedly. I mean you call yourself a man and yet you hurt an innocent woman time after time again.”, Donald snapped.
“Elsa, are you going to let your neighbour speak for you?”, Jolá asked turning to Elsa.
“Donald’s my best friend and he speaks for me. Please leave.”, she said and clung to Donald. “Please go and don’t come back.”
“Elsa,…”, Jolá called and took a step in her direction and Donald stood in front of her.
“Jola, please go away. And don’t come back. If not, I’ll let Dele know what you've done.”, she said and wiped her tears.
Jolá walked away and left the apartment. At the sound of the door closing, Elsa sobbed and cried. Donald instinctively wrapped his arms around her and hugged her.
“Shhhshhh. It’s okay. Stop crying. He’s gone. He can’t hurt you anymore.”, Donald consoled.

8 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by pcicero(m): 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2020
Bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by nkmacaulay: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
Please More.....I love you
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jadeliyi(m): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2020
millieademi it not only an ocean of secreats it a skys of affection.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by kolaa007(m): 11:43am On Jan 23, 2020
Hmmmm where is page 48?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by PrudySara(f): 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
Millie, biko let's finish with Ocean of Secrets before moving onto Divide. But, Jola can be so insensitive... why reopen that wound??
Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 12:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
Millie ooo
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by ikhibones(m): 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
Millie, pls, let's be done with ocean of secrets before going into divide..
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by anuofGod(f): 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2020
Millie please let's finish ocean of secrets.
We appreciate your efforts dear. God bless you
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2020
I just want to disprove (if that's the word) what Tomini said (Sha the male twin) at one time like dat when Tinu wrote him a letter to eat more carrots and asked if he'd ever seen seen a rabbit with glasses and he chuckled like of course not............Pls tell our imaginary character that he should watch the last episode of The Thundermans when Dr. Colosso's son was turned into a rabbit, he was wearing glasses!
A rabbit was wearing glasses!

Keep up the good work Millie, consistency is one thing I admire in other authors - especially on Nairaland since we follow the progress, because I realised it's hard to be when I tried to write a story......long story short, I've not written since at least November last hear

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 11:45am On Jan 25, 2020
Milliademi kudos to you
Please continue on Ocean of Secrets, though i am reading Divide, but this story is so captivating, suspense filled and intriguing.
I look forward to more updates please

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
“Do you know what I realised for the first time today?”, Elsa said as she pulled away from Donald.
Donald looked at her puffy red eyes hoping she was okay. She had been crying for close to fifteen minutes.
“What?”, he asked.
She sniffled and said, “Not all first loves are true loves. I saw today the real Jolá Ige and I wondered how on earth I fell for him. He has always been a jerk. I look back and see snippets of his jerkiness. I must have been so desperate for love that I eloped with him. I thought I was getting away from my stepmother but now I realise I was only being a fool.”
“You weren’t a fool. You were young, innocent and in love.”, Donald said and held her hand. He patted it staring at her.
“ I’d beg to differ.”, she said and pulled her hand away from him. “Thank you Donald. I really appreciate your standing up for me. I need to rest my head….”
“Okay, no problem. I’ll be leaving.”, he said and stood.
She turned her back on him and tried to calm herself before going to bed. She turned when she heard the door close. She melted in relief and sat on the couch. She had been imagining what she saw in his eyes earlier. She had to. She held her head in her hands. Maybe she’d write a movie out of her life. So much drama.
She looked up when she heard the door reopen. Her relief flew out of the window and she stood.
“Did you forget something?”, she asked nervously.
“Yes. I forgot to do this.”, he said and walked to her like he couldn’t keep a lid on himself anymore. He cupped her face in his hands and pressed his lips to hers.
“Donald, what are you doing?”, she said as she pulled away from him.
“Elsa, I’ve been on this planet for close to seventy years. I’m not getting any younger. And if there’s one thing I’ve decided is that I don’t want to have any regrets about what I could have done. Elsa, I want to be with you. With all my heart. I want to spend the rest of my days with you. I’m tired of being a coward. I’ve said it. I’d rather I say it and you reject me than not say it at all.”, he said and pressed his forehead against hers.
“Donald, you can’t. We can’t do this to Lydia. She doesn’t deserve it.”, Elsa said and stepped away from him.
“Are you really putting Lydia before yourself?”
“Of course. To do to others as you want others to do to you. God! I can’t believe I’ve stolen someone’s boyfriend.”, she said and turned away from him feeling scandalised.
Donald walked to her and placed his hands on her arms. “I was never hers to begin with.”
“This is wrong.”
“Elsa, do you want to be with me? Yes or no? I want a one word answer.”
“I..”
“I wasn’t in the options. Yes or no.”, he said.
“Donald…”, she called in trepidation.
“Elsa, yes or no.”
“Its not that simple.”, she said and pulled away.
“You love complications. Do you want to be with me or do you still feel nothing for me?”, he stated plainly.
“Donald, I love you as a friend, as a brother…”
“You’re lying. I doubt you’d kiss a brother the way you kiss me just now.”, he deadpanned.
“Donald…”
“Elsa, once in your life do what you want…”
“The last time I did what I want I got burnt badly and I’m still paying for my impulsiveness.”
“What about me then? What about my feelings?”, he asked as he came around her to come face to face with her.
“And what about Lydia?”
“Forget Lydia is in the picture. Focus on you and me…”
“I can’t. Lydia is in the picture. Please forget about this notion. I can’t be with you knowing Lydia is suffering because of me. Please.”

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Seyifunmi dragged her feet in fatigue down her street. The bright orange light and noise of sirens and the whooshing of heavy torrent jolted her out of her fatigue. Murmurs and wails filled the air as she pushed through the throng of people on the street. Her jaw dropped as smashed through the asphalt. Her apartment building had caught fire. Tears welled up in her eyes. Her documents and certificates, her clothes, her life was in that flat and it was all gone. She had used her up entire savings to pay for a year and a half.
Where would she start from? What sort of horrid day was it? She had been robbed on her way back home. Her phones and debit cards were in her bag. She had had to beg a few pedestrians to give her money to return home. Most people had ignored her. An elderly woman had offered to pay her fare rather than give her money. She was grateful nonetheless. Three stops away from her bus stop, the danfo she had entered broke down and the foolish conductor refused the give anyone money to take another bus. She had had to trek home and now her house had caught fire.
“Seyifunmi!”, she heard Délé shout and she turned to see him. He pushed through the people blocking him and ran to hug her.
“God!”, he shouted. “Why didn’t you pick your calls?”
“I was robbed on my way back from work.”, she said. He pulled away in worry to look at her. “Are you okay?”
“I wasn’t hurt. Délé, my house…”, she cried.
“It’s okay.”, he said and hugged her again. “When I came over and saw the fire, I was worried and I kept calling your line. It was switched off. I was scared. I thought you were stuck in the house. I thought… I thought I had lost you. I thought I had lost you, Seyifunmi.”
“I’m safe.”, she said smiling weakly.
“And you don’t know how glad I am.”, he said and pulled away. “Seyifunmi, I don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t.” He pressed his lips to hers not regarding the backdrop of calamity and loss behind them.
“Oh, Délé.”, she moaned as he broke the kiss.
“Let me take you home.”, he said.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Seyifunmi mumbled a thank you as she collected the cup of coffee Dele handed to her. She blew on it and took a sip. She placed it on the coffee table and tucked her leg underneath her and picked up Délé’s laptop and finished drafting her email to the HR department of her firm. She reread it and clicked send. She picked up her cup of coffee and took another sip. She looked up at Délé who was busy warming up the takeout they had ordered.
She put down her cup and walked towards the kitchen.
“Hey.”, she said and sat on a stool by the counter.
“Have you sent it?”, he asked as he brought out a Pyrex dish from the microwave and poured the rice in it on flatware.
“Yes. Thanks for lending me your laptop and your T-shirt.”, she said smiling.
He looked at her and smiled. “There’s no need to thank me.”
He placed a plate of rice, salad and chicken in front of her. “Thank you”, she muttered.
“You’re welcome.”, he said and pulled a Tetra Pak of orange juice out of the fridge and placed it in front of her. “So what’s next now?”
“I have no idea. I really want to think this is a dream and I’ll wake up.”, she said. She sighed and said, “Dele, I’m sorry about the last time we saw each other.”
He crossed the area and came to stand by her. “I get you were nervous. There’s nothing to be sorry for.” He placed his hands on her face and caressed her cheek. “Tonight, I thought I had lost you. You don’t know how the thought sickened me.”
She smiled. “You didn’t lose me, Dele.” She held his hand to reassure him of her presence as she saw the look of anguish on his face.
“I know but just thinking that you could have slipped away from me kills me. I love you, Seyifunmi. I love you so much.”, he said softly.
Euphoria roared within her like a typhoon. He loved her. Her hear stretched so much with joy she thought it would burst. She lifted her lips to his and kissed him with all her love.
“I love you too Dele.”, she said and hugged him. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited to her those words.”

10 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 8:13pm On Jan 25, 2020
At last, Dele said those words to Sheyifunmi and Donald opened up to Elsa...

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Excel1405(f): 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
This story dey sweet me for my belle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by ayshow6102(m): 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2020
Thanks for this lovely update ma'am av been waiting for this moment for a long time

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Margaux flipped through at the papers in her hands, going through financial reports on sales. They were bad. Really bad. Ever since Chris died, the company had become a shell of itself. At least, they had gotten off the criminal charges against them for environmental degradation on lack of substantive evidence. But the damage it had done to their reputation was dreadful. Investors had pulled out and customers had lost confidence in the quality of their product.
Years of hard work wasted. She closed the file. She wondered how Chris would have addressed the issue. Chris was raised for this. Handling a company and juggling life’s lemons. She had only gotten her degree in business to please her father. As orthodox as it might sound she only wanted to be a good wife and a terrific mother. She fingered her wedding band and engagement ring.
She pursed her lips at the thought of Daniel. She didn’t understand him anymore. He had taken to the bottle and she couldn’t understand why. It seemed like he was fighting some pains and anytime she asked, he’d get angry. Anger shot through her as she recalled the way he had shouted at Genevieve when she saw crying last night. She had wanted to claw his eyes out.
She placed her palms on her laps and looked up at the road. Where exactly was this driver taking her? They had been on the road for close to an hour. She didn’t want to be late for her meeting with the new investor. The man’s assistant had called the office and declared his boss’s interest in investing in their mills and dairies. She wondered why he wanted in invest in that particular sector of their conglomerate but she simply believed everyone was wary of their mines and oil wells since the case.
“Aren’t we there yet?”, she asked and looked at her watch.
She had to head home on time. She didn’t want to leave her baby alone with her father. Not in his mercurial state. She made a mental note to ask her mum to get her a live-in nanny.
“Almost madam. The next turn is where the hotel is.”, he answered.
“Please, be fast.” She packed the file back into the folder.
Soon, the driver pulled up into the parking lot of the hotel. She mumbled a thank you as she got out of the car. She put on her sunglasses and walked towards the entrance. A couple of metres to the entrance of tge hotel, she spotted Daniel, holding hands and laughing with another woman. She tried to dismiss the scandalous thoughts that he was cheating on her. They could be old friends, colleagues, maybe distant relatives.
Daniel would never cheat on her. He couldn’t. She had done everything to make him happy. She had even lost a significant amount of weight for him. No, she had to trust her husband. She watched them turn the other way and enter his car. Her pounding heart hoped she was wrong.
She shook herself out of her daze and walked into the hotel.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Margaux sat patiently in the study of the suite waiting for the investor to arrive. She tried to mentally run through her presentation again but her mind kept on wandering back to Daniel and the woman she saw with him. The more she tried to forget, the more the picture in her mind became vivid. Why did they come to a hotel?
Maybe, there’s a really good restaurant here. Or maybe the hotel is far enough for their romp in the sack.
Why was her husband laughing? Something he rarely did at home these days.
Maybe because he was happy to see his long lost friend or relative. Or maybe because you’re the one he can’t stand.
Why was he holding her hand?
Maybe they’re that close. Or maybe he loves her.
Margaux shook her head to stop the battle between her heart and her mind. Daniel wouldn’t dare. She was the mother of his daughter and the love of his life.
Since when has that ever stopped a man. Even your own father cheated when his wife was dying. Her mind said.
No. Daniel is not my father.
The door opened and she heard someone clear his throat. She turned and saw the man who had introduced himself to be the assistant who called. The man held open the door and someone walked in. It was Rasheed.
She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. They needed his money and she owed him. She stood and determined to be professional.
“Good afternoon, honourable.”, she greeted as he crossed over to seat in front of her.
“Afternoon, Margaux.”, he greeted as he sat.
The door was shut leaving them alone. “Id prefer Mrs. Onugha, if it’s not too much to ask, sir.”, she stated as she sat.
“And I’d prefer Rasheed.”
“If that is what you want…Rasheed.”, she said and pulled out the copy of the presentation and placed it in front of him.
“I love the way it rolls off your tongue.”, he said and bent his head to peruse the document before him. She was flustered at his untoward words but kept herself in check. They needed his money.
“So…honourable…”
“Rasheed.”, he corrected looking at her.
“Rasheed.”, she gritted wanting the name to sound as abrasive as ever on her tongue.
“Perfect.”, he said and leaned back in his chair.
“So, Oduah Mills and Dairies is the second youngest addition to the Oduah Holdings Corporation family, operations beginning twelve years ago. And in eight years, we grew to be a force in the market, becoming a major substitute for Flour Mills of Nigeria products and a lot of imported milk products. If you’d kindly look at slide three, it shows the profit and cost margin for the first ten years of operation…” Margaux stopped wondering why Rasheed rather than look at the papers in front of him was watching her. And not watching her in attentive listening but with a gaze that told her business was the last thing on his mind.
Why would he be looking at her as if he was stripping her with his eyes? Were all married men just dogs and couldn’t be faithful? In anger at him and Daniel, she snapped, “Are you listening to me or what?”
Her irritation flared when her words didn’t faze the look on his face.
“Slide three, profit cost margin. I heard you.”, he said.

11 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by vm231: 1:56am On Jan 26, 2020
Hmm... Millie Millie... I greet u
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 5:51am On Jan 26, 2020
You Rock
Thanks for the updates

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by lilachiever(m): 11:09am On Jan 26, 2020
millieademi:

Awwn. Thanks dearie.

I'm based in Lagos kinda. I live on the border of Lagos and Ogun. I school in Lagos so yeah, I'm based in Lagos.

My birthday was in August.

I would appreciate your feedback love. kiss

Unilag or LASU?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Hantonia(f): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
Thanks for dis beautiful piece mille

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2020
lilachiever:

Unilag or LASU?

What makes you think I'm in a university?

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by lilachiever(m): 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
millieademi:

What makes you think I'm in a university?
Aocoed, Laspo or Yabatech?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2020
lilachiever:

Aocoed, Laspo or Yabatech?

UNILAG.

Why do you ask though?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Healthyfal: 10:40am On Jan 27, 2020
Oxfam said the abundance of in excess of 2,200 very rich people over the globe had expanded by $900bn in 2018 – or $2.5bn per day. The 12% expansion in the abundance of the most extravagant appeared differently in relation to a fall of 11% in the abundance of the least fortunate portion of the total populace. Accordingly, the report closed, the quantity of very rich people owning as a lot of riches as a large portion of the total populace tumbled from 43 out of 2017 to 26 a year ago. In 2016 the number was 61.
https://healthyfalcon.com/
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2020
“So, Oduah Mills and Dairies is the second youngest addition to the Oduah Holdings Corporation family, operations beginning twelve years ago. And in eight years, we grew to be a force in the market, becoming a major substitute for Flour Mills of Nigeria products and a lot of imported milk products. If you’d kindly look at slide three, it shows the profit and cost margin for the first ten years of operation…” Margaux stopped wondering why Rasheed rather than look at the papers in front of him was watching her. And not watching her in attentive listening but with a gaze that told her business was the last thing on his mind.
Why would he be looking at her as if he was stripping her with his eyes? Were all married men just dogs and couldn’t be faithful? In anger at him and Daniel, she snapped, “Are you listening to me or what?”
Her irritation flared when her words didn’t faze the look on his face.
“Slide three, profit cost margin. I heard you.”, he said.
“It’s one thing to hear and another to listen. Rasheed, are you really interested in investing? Or are you just trying to get my attention?”, she asked and dropped her tablet on the desk.
“Margaux, as much as I love your attention it doesn’t put food on the table. I am not running for second term. And I’m trying to consider my options.”, he said.
“Okay then. The market…”
“It just so happens that my new business prospect comes with a beautiful view.”, he stated with a smirk on his face.
“Rasheed, don’t, please.”, she begged in exasperation.
“Margaux, my political career is coming to an end. There’s no need for Sarat anymore in my life.” He perched on the edge of his seat.
“Rasheed, I can’t be in your life so you better keep Sarat in it.”, she said. “Can I continue with the presentation or do you need a minute to get your head back in the game?”
“Continue with the presentation, Margaux. Just don’t begrudge me my view.”
She shook her head and continued.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Funlola swallowed a large dollop of air and knocked on the door with the name plate Elsa Dáramólá. She waited for a few seconds and knocked again. She hoped to God that Elsa would give ear to her pleas and somehow convince Délé to donate his bone marrow. She hoped Elsa wouldn’t be as resentful and vengeful as Délé. A large part of her doubted it. Elsa was the one raped and Délé was just a son avenging his mother. Elsa had been the one to bear the ramifications of Folá’s lust and betrayal. She bore the shame and disgrace and she had no reason to want to help her. But she had to try for Peju’s sake.
She couldn’t believe that Folá could do something so despicable and debauched as raping his sister-in-law. She thought she had been dreaming the other day when she listened in on his conversation with his brother. The worse part was that he didn’t own up and he covered his crimes up for thirty-two years. Something she had known from her youth was that mistakes parents made could come back to haunt their children. And now she was watching it play out in her daughter’s life.
She bit her tongue to steamroll the curse she wanted to lay on Folá. If she didn’t control herself, she’d be piling up more problems for her children.
The door opened and a young lady in her twenties greeted her with curiosity masking her face.
“Please, I want to see…” She didn’t know whether to call her Elsa or Ms. Dáramólá or Mummy Délé. She would be laying eyes on her for the first time.
The lady raised her eyebrow as if to ask if she had forgotten who she wanted to see.
“Elsa.”
The lady pursed her lips and let her in. She followed her through the hallway and to the living room. The lady offered her a seat and left to get Elsa. Funlola looked at the pictures hung on the wallpaper covered walls to the leather sofa and high-end low wooden coffee table. Everything in the room screamed comfort. It seemed Providence had smiled on Elsa. She lived in a respectable gated community and in comfort. No doubt thanks to her son. God was indeed merciful.
Ìyà o je e gbe.
Funlola thought of how she would present her case before Elsa. She had been thinking of what to say for days and nothing had come to her. She didn’t want to come of as crass or rude but she was desperate. She sighed and hoped God would favour her with Elsa. She felt the soft bite of hunger in her tummy. She had been fasting for a week now. She hoped her pastor would not be wrong. He had told her to go and meet Elsa after their last prayer session together.
If she got out of this, Folá would see hell.
She heard the soft padding of feet in her direction and she looked up. It was the young lady followed by an older woman carrying a baby. She thought Délé only had two children. She thought wrong apparently.
What if it is this baby's HLA that matches Peju’s?
She didn’t want to think that. She doubted if Délé would let her touch a strand of his hair let alone the baby’s.
“E ka san o.”, Elsa greeted as she sat opposite her.
“E ka san.”, Funlola responded.
“I don’t think I recall this face. I’m sorry if we’ve met before.”, Elsa said smiling.
Funlola wondered what her face would be like if she revealed her identity. She took in a deep breath and said, “No, we’ve not met before. I’m Funlola. Funlola Ìgè.”
“Okay? How can I help you?”, Elsa said with curiosity painting her face.
“I’m Folá’s wife.”, Funlola said. She watched Elsa closely to gage her reaction. A mild flash of surprise and irritation and curiosity darkened her eyes.
“What do you want?”, Elsa said tersely.
Funlola tightened her hold on her handbag. “I… Elsa, we are meeting for the very first time under quite peculiar situations. I know what Folá did to you and I apologise on behalf of my husband. I am extremely sorry for what he did to you. You cannot imagine how horrified I was when I learnt what he did to you.”
Elsa pinched her lips together and said, “I am interested in pursuing the case, if that’s why you’re here. I have no joy in recounting the horrid memories. You don’t need to worry. Your husband is safe.”
“Frankly, I don’t care if Folá goes to jail for what he did. What he did was despicable enough and he didn’t even own up to it. That is just foul.”
“And I’m sure you didn’t come to tell me how grossed out you are by your husband’s misdeeds. What do you want exactly?”
“I need your help. Forget I am Folá’s wife…”
“That is kind of hard to do, considering it’s the only thing that connects us to each other.”
“I am here to appeal to you from one mother to another. I need Délé’s help to save my daughter’s life.”

11 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Dbeautyy(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Ṣugbọn iwo mi ni iwọ o gbé ga bi iwo agbanrere; ororo titun li a o ta si mi lori. Fresh oil on ur head...

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by aprilwise(m): 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
I don't think Dele would like to help. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 12:50am On Jan 28, 2020
Thanks for the update, though short

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ohibenemma(m): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2020
"... I need Dele's help to save my daughter's life..."

I would have said they will never get help, but now that God (fasting & prayers) is involved, I can confidently say, palming my chest, "Allz well! Allz well!!! Allz well!!!

Weldone, Millieademi, continue the good work!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by anuofGod(f): 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
Thanks Millie love

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by NaijaDonCast(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
Its like i've missed tha part please dear explain to my understanding why is dele the only person able to help leukemia girl, because you never scripted them getting to test run dele and see him matched whatsoever is required 4 the transplant or is it speculation or genetics?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.