Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (316846 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by sochey(f): 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2020
Khriztarl:

Sochey this is what millie told us o..
am so sad

Awwww... I'm really very sorry Milli....

I really hope you get a new phone in no time ❤

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by bigbauer(m): 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2020
So sorry man.

millieademi:
Hi, guys. How has the week been?

Sorry but this is an official announcement that Ocean of Secrets will be on an indefinite hold. I was mugged yesterday and my phone was stolen. My manuscript is gone and I have no means of continuing for now. I'm still in shock and bingeing on Sia's Big Girls Cry.

Once, I get a new phone I'll continue.

I didn't want to be like I'm online but not updating.

Love you, peeps.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by ifud(m): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
So sorry Milli. We can support her in getting another phone... If you are with me let's roll...

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by JOSHDIAMOND28: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2020
Drop ur acc detail let give our own quota. pls the loverz of this swt story let help her with any amt

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by PrudySara(f): 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
So sorry about what happened Millie....Hope you weren't hurt?? We'll be here waiting... May God provide you with another...
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jadeliyi(m): 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
Millie dear sorry o
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by aprilwise(m): 9:47am On Feb 19, 2020
What is happening to this story?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by purity23(f): 10:09am On Feb 19, 2020
So sorry for your phone dear, I pray you get surprised with a new one
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by ifud(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
JOSHDIAMOND28:
Drop ur acc detail let give our own quota.
pls the loverz of this swt story let help her with any amt
I'm cool with this idea... Please let's encourage her...
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by cricifixo: 7:07am On Mar 09, 2020
Waiting for the account details millie dear
JOSHDIAMOND28:
Drop ur acc detail let give our own quota.
pls the loverz of this swt story let help her with any amt
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 4:32am On Mar 10, 2020
cricifixo:
Waiting for the account details millie dear

Awwwwwwn

It's nice of you guys to want to do this for me. And I appreciate the thought. Not to seem like I'm soliciting but anything you want to give will be immensely appreciated.

My account details:

UBA, 2085756481, OLORODE I. D.

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Absog(m): 4:26pm On May 21, 2020
is this where this story is going to end?

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by ogbosike: 2:47pm On May 22, 2020
Make Use Of The Account Details Above If You Want To Continue Reading The Story.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hiiiiiii guysssss grin

How are you doing?

So, I'm back. Tentatively. I'm managing Mumsy's run down tablet till I get a new phone. So updates might be a little less frequent than before.

A very big Thank you, I love you and You're amazeballs to Khriztarl who checked up on me and the one person who sent in his or her widow's mite.

So let's just say things are about to get a little bit more interesting. I've spent the last four months outlining and working on my writing skills to dish it to you guys hotter and better. Hang on to your life jackets cause this ocean just got riled up.

Update will be by Saturday 4am WAT.

Love you guys.

P. S You're amazeballs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by heemah(f): 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
Good to have u back dear

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by genius43(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
Welcome back.

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Welcome back Millie!
*Insert puppy dog eyes
It's really nice to have u back *hugs*

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by PrudySara(f): 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Yay!! Glad to have you back Millie!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Uniquechild(f): 6:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Welcome back Millie

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 1:10am On Jun 06, 2020
Yippee!!!!! It's good to have you back

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:34am On Jun 06, 2020
Ajiri groaned as she heard the sound of the door click as the Headmistress of Veritas Academy left her to talk sense into her ward. She never imagined she'd have to ever give this kind of talk to Temi. Tomini, maybe. But never Temi. She turned in her seat to look at him. His broken glasses dangling from his neck, his torn T-shirt and bruises on his face. He had a scowl on his face, an impenitent one. His brows were stiched tighter than super glue could hold them together. His bloody, swollen lips pouted and the bottom one jutting out like a sore thumb.
She sighed. As much as she dreaded the forthcoming conversation, it had to happen within the ten minutes the Headmistress had given them.
"Temi, what happened?"
Silence.
"Please, I know this is unlike you-"
"You don't know me," were the first words out of his mouth after over thirty minutes of silence from him. They slapped Ajiri harder than sour agbalumo would sting one's cheeks. She swallowed the hurt and mild anger. Getting angry would only worsen the situation.
She watched him shiver in the room and pity and concern took the place of her anger.
"Should I increase the temperature?", she asked.
He spun to face her and she could see the hurt, venom and angst shimmering in the tears pooled in her eyes.
"You're not my mother. So, stop trying to take her place!"
"Temi, watch your tone," she gritted, holding back her anger.
"You call yourself a lawyer, yet you can't get my mummy out of jail. You keep lying to us that she's coming out soon but you know it's not true. I know she's going to die. I know about the DDA,"
Ajiri didn't know when the gasp of shock left her.
"I know they're going to execute her and you're doing nothing!" He shouted at her and the pooled tears spilled.
"Temi-"
"You want to know why I got into a fight. It's because I couldn't take it anymore. It's because Don Carlos is a jerk and a bully and he knows my mummy is going to die too. And he rubbed it in my face. And I am not going to apologise to him!"
Ajiri sighed and wished she had sent in Iliya instead. I Getting the fuller picture, she was at loss on how to scold the boy. What else would a normal boy do when someone poked wisecracks at his mother? Maybe, the kick to the groin was a little bit under the belt. But seeing the size of the boy that was probably the only area on his body that wasn't insulated and shockabsorbed with fat.
"Nonetheless, reporting to your teachers would have been better,"she said.
He sniffled and bowed his head in shame.. "I tried to leave but he punched me and broke my nglasses. And then he said 'poor little orphan boy, what are gonna do about it? Cry to mummy. She is probably getting ready to die.'"
"He said that?!" Ajiri gasped. The boy nodded and sniffled again. Silence filled the room as she mulled over how to handle the situation.
"Aunty AJ," he called, jarring her from her thoughts. "I'm sorry about what I said." She saw his bottom lip wobble even as he bowed his head. "I know you are doing your best to take care of me, Tomini and Chris."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Haryomhide1(m): 3:44am On Jun 06, 2020
Welcome back

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by heemah(f): 7:22am On Jun 06, 2020
Thanks for the update but we want more ooo

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by daddio(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2020
millieademi:
Ajiri groaned as she heard the sound of the door click as the Headmistress of Veritas Academy left her to talk sense into her ward. She never imagined she'd have to ever give this kind of talk to Temi. Tomini, maybe. But never Temi. She turned in her seat to look at him. His broken glasses dangling from his neck, his torn T-shirt and bruises on his face. He had a scowl on his face, an impenitent one. His brows were stiched tighter than super glue could hold them together. His bloody, swollen lips pouted and the bottom one jutting out like a sore thumb.
She sighed. As much as she dreaded the forthcoming conversation, it had to happen within the ten minutes the Headmistress had given them.
"Temi, what happened?"
Silence.
"Please, I know this is unlike you-"
"You don't know me," were the first words out of his mouth after over thirty minutes of silence from him. They slapped Ajiri harder than sour agbalumo would sting one's cheeks. She swallowed the hurt and mild anger. Getting angry would only worsen the situation.
She watched him shiver in the room and pity and concern took the place of her anger.
"Should I increase the temperature?", she asked.
He spun to face her and she could see the hurt, venom and angst shimmering in the tears pooled in her eyes.
"You're not my mother. So, stop trying to take her place!"
"Temi, watch your tone," she gritted, holding back her anger.
"You call yourself a lawyer, yet you can't get my mummy out of jail. You keep lying to us that she's coming out soon but you know it's not true. I know she's going to die. I know about the DDA,"
Ajiri didn't know when the gasp of shock left her.
"I know they're going to execute her and you're doing nothing!" He shouted at her and the pooled tears spilled.
"Temi-"
"You want to know why I got into a fight. It's because I couldn't take it anymore. It's because Don Carlos is a jerk and a bully and he knows my mummy is going to die too. And he rubbed it in my face. And I am not going to apologise to him!"
Ajiri sighed and wished she had sent in Iliya instead. I Getting the fuller picture, she was at loss on how to scold the boy. What else would a normal boy do when someone poked wisecracks at his mother? Maybe, the kick to the groin was a little bit under the belt. But seeing the size of the boy that was probably the only area on his body that wasn't insulated and shockabsorbed with fat.
"Nonetheless, reporting to your teachers would have been better,"she said.
He sniffled and bowed his head in shame.. "I tried to leave but he punched me and broke my nglasses. And then he said 'poor little orphan boy, what are gonna do about it? Cry to mummy. She is probably getting ready to die.'"
"He said that?!" Ajiri gasped. The boy nodded and sniffled again. Silence filled the room as she mulled over how to handle the situation.
"Aunty AJ," he called, jarring her from her thoughts. "I'm sorry about what I said." She saw his bottom lip wobble even as he bowed his head. "I know you are doing your best to take care of me, Tomini and Chris."

Beautiful piece.

Welcome back sister

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2020
Aunty AJ," he called, jarring her from her thoughts. "I'm sorry about what I said." She saw his bottom lip wobble even as he bowed his head. "I know you are doing your best to take care of me, Tomini and Chris." He reeked of embarrassment and shame.
"But I don't want to you to keep lying to us. Mummy is going to die, isn't she?" He looked up at her with rivulets flowing down his cheeks. "That's why you took us to see her in the hospital. You wanted us to see her again before she is killed, didn't you?"
Ajiri was caught between a rock and a hard place.
"Temi-"
"Please, don't lie. Please." He begged.
"Temi, we are doing our best to get your mummy out of jail. I swear but-"
"She's still going to die, isn't she?"
"I, I don't know. Anything can happen-"
"We are really going to become orphans, aren't we?" He sobbed.
"Temi-"
"You don't need to lie. I'm not stupid. That's why mummy asked to see us in the hospital. She wanted to see us for the last time." He sobbed quietly.
Ajiri found herself dreading just how much this quiet boy could pick up. She grabbed a hold of his hands.
"No matter what happens, I'll continue to look after you and your siblings." She reassured. Temi shocked her by giving a wry laugh.
"Not to sound ungrateful but it will never be the same."
He wiped his face and held her gaze. "Don't worry. I'll never make you regret taking us in again."
"Temi, I'm not regretting it," she assured.
"Nonetheless, I promise. I'll apologize to Don Carlos and I will keep my anger in check."

Jaiye strolled out of hospital and towards the gate. He needed to clear his head, to get rid of the fear and worry, and maybe he'd be able to hear from the Lord.
God, please, say something. Anything. I don't know how to handle this situation. Please.
Nothing.
No response.
He sighed and continued walking with no destination in mind. He watched as passers-by went on their daily business. Cars and bikes zooming left and right. A bread hawker bawled out her presence and a kole- kole, a cart pushing garbage disposal man pushed his stinky cart past Jaiye.
He wrinkled his nose in irritation as he turned the other way to continue his walk down the street. As he came to the front of an apartment building, he heard a voice telling him to stop.
Lord?
Watch and listen.
He stopped and wondered what he was supposed to watch. There was no one in front of the building. He turned to face the other side of the street. There was nothing to watch there too.
Soon, the gate of the building opened and three small girls came out. He smiled at their antics as they were clad in tshirts with mismatching Ankara wrappers and scarves. One was backing an ugly, faded teddy bear, while the other two carried plastic hand baskets filled with toys.
"Iya Sikira, hope we will not be late to the market." One of the girls asked the one carrying the teddy bear baby.
"Ore mi, I don't know o," she answered. "Me, I want to buy rodo and tomato and shoko from the market." She listed and turned her neck to check on her 'baby'. "Is Sikiratu sleeping?"
"Yes.", the third girl answered.

They stood together and looked left, right and left again and then crossed.
Follow them.
Jaiye obeyed and crossed the road as well. He followed them till they got to a building with no gate. Two other girls in similar tshirts and mismatching Ankara sat on a mat with "wares" in front of them. Empty beverage tins, pulled out weeds, and tiny heaps of sand.
"Come and buy your fresh vegetables. Shoko, tete, gbure." One of the market women advertised.
Jaiye stood by a corner, watching them and wondering what he was supposed to learn from it. He watched more girls come out of the building, to the "market". He watched them pretend haggle and pay for their purchases with paper money.
He watched the first set of girls set up a kitchen by the side of the kitchen and start cooking for their 'husbands' and 'children.'
You can leave now.

7 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
I just can't wait for Tinu's release

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Adeola25(f): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
Wellcome back Millie and thanks for the update.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Slyvesterjosh: 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Welcome back dear.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 11:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
millieademi:
Hiiiiiii guysssss grin

How are you doing?

So, I'm back. Tentatively. I'm managing Mumsy's run down tablet till I get a new phone. So updates might be a little less frequent than before.

A very big Thank you, I love you and You're amazeballs to Khriztarl who checked up on me and the one person who sent in his or her widow's mite.

So let's just say things are about to get a little bit more interesting. I've spent the last four months outlining and working on my writing skills to dish it to you guys hotter and better. Hang on to your life jackets cause this ocean just got riled up.

Update will be by Saturday 4am WAT.

Love you guys.

P. S You're amazeballs.
welcome back sweetheart. Am so glad you returned, missed you alot.
Mhizv, you can't miss out on this. Please join me here.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by mhizv(f): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2020
Khriztarl:

welcome back sweetheart. Am so glad you returned, missed you alot.
Mhizv, you can't miss out on this. Please join me here.

Been following the story from day one,B4 the break!.

I don already dey here with my popcorn and zobo
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
He watched the first set of girls set up a kitchen by the side of the kitchen and start cooking for their 'husbands' and 'children.'
You can leave now.
What am I supposed to learn from that, Lord?
Go and pray.

Tanya awoke to the sound of a woman's screams with a jolt. Her new roommate Sekina turned to look at her in fear. Tanya sighed and closed her eyes and wished The woman, whoever it was, a safe delivery. Her palm came to her growing belly and tears filled her eyes.
"I wonder what my husband is thinking," Sekina voiced out, her voice shaking with tears.
Tanya turned to look at her and turned away.
At least, you have people who will look for you.
Not long after she arrived in the safe house, she found out from the older in mates you it wasn't a den of ritualists but a warehouse for an illegal baby factory. Young ladies were coerced or kidnapped for artificial insemination. Already pregnant women were abducted and their babies stolen. Some ladies asserted that they were betrayed by nurses in the hospital they patronized. That made sense, considering the fact she wasn't showing when she was kidnapped.
A whimper came from Sekina and Tanya turned to look at her. She hissed and turned on her side. She wondered why Sekina believed tears were the only thing she could do. Anyway, she was still young and probably hormonal.
Was this all part of a karmic punishment? She had led her boss to be imprisoned while pregnant and now she was incarcerated by a baby making syndicate.
A shout from the woman in labour broke the silence in the room and Sekina whimpered again.
"Allah, is this where I'll have my pirst baby?" Sekina sobbed.
Tanya rolled her eyes. Sekina was probably seven or eight months gone. Definitely, barring a miracle, she'd have her baby in this hellhole. A deafening wailing piercedTanya's eardrums. She dreaded staying in the room directly underneath the labour room. It reminded her that someday, one day, it would be her turn.

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
mhizv:

Been following the story from day one,B4 the break!.
I don already dey here with my popcorn and zobo
lol. Haew, old timer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.