Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? (26225 Views)

Lady Makes Devastating Discovery After Accessing Boyfriend’s Mother’s Phone / My Boyfriend's Mother Doesn't Like Me Because I Have Tattoo - Lady Cries Out / When Your Boyfriend's Mother Asks For Your Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by seniorgozman(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
I will advice you hate back, you don't have any business with your boyfriend's mother. It's left for your boyfriend to decide what he wants. Please don't make anyone feel so important in your life.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by boomssey(f): 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
baba6ix:
theres some thing you are not telling us.tell us that thing and we will tell you what to do
no she's not hiding anything but things like this happens.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
In his mum's eyes he is still her child.

Now this is what you don't understand, there is difference between complaint and rejection, if the mother complain there is always room for attitude adjustment but when she rejects especially on first meeting even if the girl is my soul mate, missing rib i aint gonna marry her.

In his mum's eyes, he's still a child. And that might affect his decisions as a man if he continues to go with it. A man should find a balance especially when it comes to a life partner.

A childhood friend of mine had to put his foot down. His mum was against his wife to be because she's a different tribe and he's her first son. Infact she had a friend's daughter she wanted to hook her son with. The mum was so adamant but he did something very drastic because he believed in his heart that the babe was the one.

He told his mum that this was the girl he had chosen to spend the rest of his life with and he won't change his mind. He said his mum didn't have to attend the wedding. They would go ahead, send her pictures and come back for her blessings later.

They got married o and she attended. They are still married. I won't even go into how she still tried to come in between them after they got married.

What you should understand is that mothers are human beings and not spirits(me inclusive). They could act irrationally and try to have their way.

9 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by PUSSYHOE(m): 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

In his mum's eyes, he's still a child. And that might affect his decisions as a man if he continues to go with it. A man should find a balance especially when it comes to a life partner.

A childhood friend of mine had to put his foot down. His mum was against his wife to be because she's a different tribe and he's her first son. Infact she had a friend's daughter she wanted to hook her son with. The mum was so adamant but he did something very drastic because he believed in his heart that the babe was the one.

He told his mum that this was the girl he had chosen to spend the rest of his life with and he won't change his mind. He said his mum didn't have to attend the wedding. They would go ahead, send her pictures and come back for her blessings later.

They got married o and she attended. They are still married. I won't even go into how she still tried to come in between them after they got married.

What you should understand is that mothers are human being and not spirits(me inclusive). They could act irrationally and try to have their way.
Under normal circumstances would you accept a bad thing for your son? if no case closed!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by spiceadole: 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hot18:
Pls advise everyone.

When you are dating a guy and his mother hates you and asks him to end the relationship but he is still with you and insists on continuing with the relationship.

What do u do pls. I need ur contributions.

Thank u.

CC Seun

CC Mynd44

CC Lalasticlala

Save yourself future problems and end that relationship ASAP.
Sooner or later, the same guy insisting on continuing the relationship will dump you.
He will definitely listen to his mother

10 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by drmikeadams(m): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
Under normal circumstances would you accept a bad thing for your son? if no case closed!
grin grin grin. And the case was closed

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by placeofallure(f): 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
It isn't all the time that you have to be bad before some people detest you. I'm not absolving you of all blames though.

I once dated a man in which 80% of his family didn't like me, My offence? Their boy is too much into me. I cared less. I later discarded their boy not based on this issue anyway.

I am married now and half of my husband's family are not into me, what I do is I keep my distance. We all used to be cordial, very cordial, but I got pregnant and had serious complications that kept me in the hospital for a month and half and they all claimed busy. They never visited the hospital, one even had the guts to ask me on phone what I did to the pregnancy. I couldn't forgive that. If I were their daughter, would they leave me to die? They're trying seriously now to make amends because they knew I never wronged them, but I just don't know how to forget that hurt. So instead, I keep them at a far distance. No family functions for me, neither do I visit, if they come, I welcome them and offer them food, shikena! Another asked to come live with us of recent, I just told my husband I don't want any trouble and that was it. I try to hide my head in my comfort zone for my own sanity. My husband has my ears 101% so it's easier for me to maintain status quo.

So OP, can you cope with issues like the picture I painted above? You may go ahead and date him if you can. If not, just take a walk.

10 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 12:00am On Aug 13, 2019
PUSSYHOE:

Under normal circumstances, I won't try to blackmail or manipulate my son over his choice of a life partner. I will advise and give my opinion. The final decision will be left to him. That's how my mum did. No interference whatsoever.

4 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by gaetano: 5:48am On Aug 13, 2019
Leave your boyfriend and snatch her husband

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by newmoney133: 5:50am On Aug 13, 2019
Ask your boyfriend the reason.it might even be things that you take for granted like your dressing,.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Coolgent(m): 5:51am On Aug 13, 2019
There must be a reason why she hates you, u heard about Mother instinct when her Sons/Daughter are or will in in danger! grin
Judging from your first posting on nairaland you may be Gold Digger undecided.

NB: Quit the relationship asap, Mother can go to any lenght to protect her Kids
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by EnglishUsa: 5:59am On Aug 13, 2019
What rules is the mother going to play in the marriage,your friend should ask his mother the reason she wants her to quit.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Egein(m): 6:02am On Aug 13, 2019
Have you considered slapping the woman?

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Spectrum22: 6:03am On Aug 13, 2019
baba6ix:
theres some thing you are not telling us.tell us that thing and we will tell you what to do

She probably does not like the boy's mother but tries to gather sympathy by claim the woman hates her.

After marriage, this girl will definitely call her mother-in-law a witch. Na dia way.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Nnamdinaija(m): 6:12am On Aug 13, 2019
Stand with *Nineteen Cartoon* to support dispossession of individuals of their firearms, whether registered or not. Firearms should be possessed by only approved trained force men, who shall be held responsible for every pellet discharged. Support Nineteen Cartoon individual disarmament *(NCARID)*. Support *SAFETY* of lives. Don't support the possession of firearms during protests. *Nineteen Cartoon, Yours Sincerely....* �

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Spectrum22: 6:13am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:

Shame on u too. Did I paint her black? You can't read it properly?

Yes you painted her bad by trying to convince us that she hates you knowing fully well that we will never hear her side of the story. Sincerely, you need to work on yourself or leave the woman's child alone.

7 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by sacramento1212: 6:14am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:
Pls advise everyone.

When you are dating a guy and his mother hates you and asks him to end the relationship but he is still with you and insists on continuing with the relationship.

Thank u

The first question should be, why does she hate you? That's what you should first establish from your boyfriend. You are suppose to have a cordial relationship with your boyfriend's mother because you are leaving your territory to join with another family.

It's when you know the reason for hating you that you can then decide either to stay put or simply take a walk at this initial stage. Like someone posted, except it's on kwaja levels alone then no wahala but if it's something leading to marriage, you have to thread carefully.

But again, you wouldn't know a relationship that will or not lead to marriage. So don't allow love blind your eyes at this stage. Mother inlaw wahala isn't a small matter to overlook. It becomes more disastrous if she's diabolic or otherwise.

Look very well before you leap.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 13, 2019
ImaIma1:

What you should understand is that mothers are human being and not spirits(me inclusive). They could act irrationally and try to have their way.
I understand this scenario very well.
As long as u have ur husband's total support and u didnt do anything wrong, carry go kiss
Guilt will swallow them.

The guys body language will make her decision for her.

That's what u get when fathers don't love their wives. They will transfer all the pent up love to their male kids and become possessive if they see any woman around him.
Even if u are mother Theresa in character, that will still not be enough for them.

And the boys follow on the footsteps of their dads. Vicious circle undecided

7 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by femi4: 6:17am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:
Pls advise everyone.

Thank u

Leave the relationship but before you leave, try and find out why you're not accepted. Probably its something you can work on in your next relationship
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by ifeanyiopra44: 6:17am On Aug 13, 2019
AkeNathan:
If it is one intended to lead to marriage, then i advice you to call the relationship off due to lack of family consent.

Nigerian marriages are largely traditional in nature and in-laws have huge role to play in your happiness or sadness in said marriage.

But if na f..uck_me_i_f...uck_you relationship you're talking of and no destination at sight.

Abeg continue deh Bleep dey go, wetting concern you concern family consent. undecided
You too much bro, one olosho for you

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Alawaxbimbex(f): 6:21am On Aug 13, 2019
Who cares... where's the boyfriend, where's the mother? undecided
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 13, 2019
My brother's wife was roundly hated by all of us, not for any sin she committed, just that we felt our brother could do better; my Mum was the ringleader, she mobilized all of us to roundly despise the girl, but she failed to reckon with the girl's resolve.

Slowly, surely, with humility, patience, love, kindness and flattery she won every one of us over to her side...today if my brother dare do anything to her, I personally will be the first to punch him in the face and my Mum will definitely skin him alive.

9 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by materialproject: 6:22am On Aug 13, 2019
If my mum hate you then
there is no need to continue
At the end you will cry
Cos I cant make her cry

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by fergie001: 6:23am On Aug 13, 2019
Been into this kind of situation.....

Once dated a lady and my mum from the day she heard her name, without seeing her, disliked her. Her reason been that, the girl takes my time and attention. Secondly, the girl is a village lowly. No education,etc etc. It was tug-of-war, I had to secretly push the babe to Univ, and saw her through school, somewhere along the line my mum got wind of it..and the battle began. I moved out of the house, it became worse.
I tried all but my mum was adamant. I cut her off my family meetings etc,the animosity only grew. To cut a long story short, after over 6 years, it didn't work out. She couldn't cope and left,this time to get married without anyone of us(including me) knowing.

African mothers have no reason to dislike you. They might just see you and tell their sons that you are too short or too fat or that your face is too aggressive. Dem no dey find reason,seriously.

I will tell you from the heart. Is the guy seriously in love with you just as much as you are?
Where is your rship headed?
Marriage or let's see?.....

I will advise,if you guys connect and its something you want to take to the next level, brave up. And let him get you married asap; dating for long will increase the animosity and with time,he will become indecisive......
move as far away as possible from his family home.

Nonetheless, always do your part as that homely but smart girl.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 13, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
Only a woman can psychoanalyze another woman and come close to a perfect conclusion. If i take a girl home i am eager to hear my mum's view than dad's, afterall a woman can easily manipulate a man into doing her bidding, but can't in most cases her fellow woman.
bringing girls you are dating to your parents is old fashion. she is allowed to visit and maybe greet them but not to the extent of having a lengthy conversation with them.
I always tell my mum when I am ready for marriage, their opinion is not important in any girl I choose to marry. they should just give their blessings and allow me live with her.

they are meant to train me to make the right choice not choose for me

7 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by jeroncomputers(m): 6:29am On Aug 13, 2019
Just register it in your mind, that there will always be a member of the family that will not like you, the earlier you realise this the better for you

5 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Ikem11(m): 6:29am On Aug 13, 2019
All your post is about man. Relationship... Are you desperate? Maybe his mother is seeing the desperation in you that made her dislike you... Don't be too fast my child..

Mothers watch closely when their son is introducing a girl to them...

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Elzakzaky: 6:30am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:
Pls advise everyone.

Thank u

One of the things you will have to consider is whether or nut your man is the type that his parents can order around. Goodluck in your decision
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by katoto: 6:32am On Aug 13, 2019
Mothers want the best for their children.She will not hate you for no reason.There is something you are not telling us.As far as the son stood his ground that he still loves u,she will eventually amend her way.But check ur attitudes n put yourself in her shoes.If u truly love the son, it will be glaring to the mum.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by meobizy(f): 6:40am On Aug 13, 2019
What should you do? This is easy work na: continue your search till you find a boyfriend’s mother who likes you. Life is not meant to kill you with worries.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by crackhouse(m): 6:42am On Aug 13, 2019
Then go and bath u have body odour.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by madridguy(m): 6:44am On Aug 13, 2019
The bold part is 100% true.

donbachi:
Why wont she...when only ur eyelash is 2inches long,nails long like rat intestines...u sleep and wake up by 9am...jokes though...for the fact she dislikes u 2day.pls,bear it in mind she will never see any gud in u.even if u born twins for her son...she will always look at their ears,eyes,nose and mouth if they look like dat of her son whenever she's bathing them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

As A Young Lady, Would You Rather Build With A Man Or Marry An Already Made Man? / 6 Signs Your Classmate/Coursemate Likes You / Guys, What Is The Best Way To Impress Nigerian Ladies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.