Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:42 PM

When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? (26568 Views)

Lady Makes Devastating Discovery After Accessing Boyfriend’s Mother’s Phone / My Boyfriend's Mother Doesn't Like Me Because I Have Tattoo - Lady Cries Out / When Your Boyfriend's Mother Asks For Your Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by larryking540: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2019
Blazing12345:

you see wetin I mean. Na this same girls wey no good for marriage today go still turn mother in law tomorrow and go still want chose wife for their pikin them. So the circles continue.

my old man go just say since una like una self ride on and provided u have d money stability in ur pocket, ,,,its a pity my old woman na carrrer woman way use work distance her self from d family, and na she wan day do I don't like dis girl, dis one go sick well and ur money go end up for drugs dis one go do dis or do dat
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by nlPoster: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
No serious and responsible man would be ok insisting on bringing a lady who his family hates, knowing the kind of agony she'd be forced to endure at their hands while he pretends not to know, or blames her for whatever they accuse her of.

That's sheer wickedness especially if the lady has no inkling of the kind of danger she's being exposed to.

If/when she's as witchy as the man himself, then it's a dog eat dog situation and let the most ruthless person win.

Otherwise, God should be the judge.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by nlPoster: 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Ladies too should not date a man whose family clearly shows they don't want them together.

If he doesn't have enough sense to know what to do, but must place all the blame and burden on the girlfriend or wife, then you should care enough about yourself to note all these.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
Blazing12345:

you see wetin I mean. Na this same girls wey no good for marriage today go still turn mother in law tomorrow and go still want chose wife for their pikin them. So the circles continue.

This is what most people here fail to see. They are just blinded by "mother knows best". Actually they don't. God knows best.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Fourwinds: 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
AkeNathan:
If it is one intended to lead to marriage, then i advice you to call the relationship off due to lack of family consent.

Nigerian marriages are largely traditional in nature and in-laws have huge role to play in your happiness or sadness in said marriage.

But if na f..uck_me_i_f...uck_you relationship you're talking of and no destination at sight.

Abeg continue deh Bleep dey go, wetting concern you concern family consent. undecided
good advice
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mk12:

not only guys. girls also want mummy to say yes
it is not only young boys. you see mature men leaving a lady because their family did not accept her. it not entirely their fault. some parents started running their kids life from when they were little and didn't know when to stop. to some parents after secondary school, you are responsible for your life decisions. from the school you want to attend, your career choice and any other decision. they are only likely to step in if you are associating with dangerous friends or becoming Stupid with the freedom.

my dad use to say he doesn't want us to be just another version of him . he want us to be better than him.
and he also use to say I don't want anyone to say, if not because of my parents, I won't have made this bad choice.

Any parent that still wants to run an adult's life is lacking something in their own lives. A lot of African parents are guilty of running their children's lives till the point of picking a life partner. And the unsuspecting kids go with it like zombies without their own plans for their lives
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Fourwinds: 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2019
donbachi:
Why wont she...when only ur eyelash is 2inches long,nails long like rat intestines...u sleep and wake up by 9am...jokes though...for the fact she dislikes u 2day.pls,bear it in mind she will never see any gud in u.even if u born twins for her son...she will always look at their ears,eyes,nose and mouth if they look like dat of her son whenever she's bathing them.
true talk
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Fourwinds: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:

So how will u know if a relationship will lead to marriage? Can u see the future?
that is why many of you don't know how to date...

Timing ,age and achievement are some of the things you need to watch out on both sexes .... Reason y i keep scolding secondary school girls who go into dating
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Goodylicious74(f): 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lol..fish brain. I can't keep quiet for You.
Yes she might have some personal issues but that still doesn't change the fact that her husband's family were horrible and insensitive.
You said everybody Do not like her? But the guy she wanted to marry the first time likes her enough to present her to her family?
Since you are a good judge of character, learn to be thorough with the information given b4 spouting nonsense.
Women also have feelings you know...don't expect people to treat you well when you've been horrible to them.
dazzlingd:

Will u keep quiet, birds of a feather... From the little she said, it's obvious she's not a tolerant person and a control freak boasting of how her husband's obeys her 101%... And why is everybody not liking her, is she the only one...firsr family, 80% did not like her, second family the same thing.... And you think she got no personal issues
She's a bad wife, period!!! And you are birds of a feather so keep quiet
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Fourwinds: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Goalnaldo:
i was just looking at your profile. You are quite beautiful.
I promise to kiss you before you wake up
Love you without the make up
hail....Oturugbeke
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
ImaIma1:

Any parent that still wants to run an adult's life is lacking something in their own lives. A lot of parents are guilty of running their children's lives till the point of picking a life partner. And the unsuspecting kids go with it like zombies without their own plans for their lives
mothers are more likely to attempt running their kids life. most women who complain of parents in-law attempting to run their husband life today are likely to still go ahead and attempt running their kids life
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by nlPoster: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
There are many reasons why your boyfriend's mother might not like you. These include:

1. Perhaps a spiritualist said her family lineage would go extinct if you enter

2. You might be from a place she actively dislikes, is her traditional enemy, or where she had a bad experience

3. You might be too posh

4. She feels you are loose (it doesn't matter if the son is also loose)

5. She doesn't want her son to marry at this time

6. She has someone else in mind for him

7. She was told bad things about you

8. She doesn't want anyone sharing her son's affection

9. From your body language, you don't seem submissive or intimidated

10. She doesn't like your appearance, could be your makeup, dressing, shoes, etc. Too much or not enough.

11. You look like a spendthrift.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Blazing12345: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2019
ImaIma1:

This is what most people here fail to see. They are just blinded by "mother knows best". Actually they don't. God knows best.

True talk, most of us have broken family today because of this same problem. Your paternal family hate your mother and maybe drove her away with the kids and these kids grows up and have a wife and children and the mother will drive her away with her kids and the circle continues. Then tomorrow we turn around to blame the society for the way the society is. We are all to blame. The friend's daughter the want the said son to marry might not even be better than the one they hate.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Blazing12345: 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mk12:

mothers are more likely to attempt running their kids life. most women who complain of parents in-law attempting to run their husband life today are likely to still go ahead and attempt running their kids life

you are right this things run in circles. you see this op complaining now, let give her the next 20 years she will do the same thing to other people's daughters in the name of mother-in-law. The same thing we complain about today would still exist even still the next decade.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by djon78(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
Newmanluckyman:
...the greatest disappointment and sorrow a man will have is that after his mum noticed a bad character from a lady and rightly object against the marriage. Then the man out of LOVE &SYMPATHY went ahead and marry the girl.

After like 3 months, boom! The girl character manifest. Man, you will be living under the hell on earth.

Haha it happened to a dude like that.
Brought a girl to his parents, they said no. But guy man was madly in love, he insisted that she was the one. They said OK oo and he married the babe.
3 months later, the dude packed out from his new home. The parent's said lai lai. That he must continue whether he likes it or not. That he was warned but he insisted.

Once parents give objection, wise thing to do is to really look at what they are saying. Look beyond love.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by pps1759(m): 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
check yourself again and present yourself
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Jman06(m): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2019
katoto:
Mothers want the best for their children.She will not hate you for no reason.There is something you are not telling us.As far as the son stood his ground that he still loves u,she will eventually amend her way.But check ur attitudes n put yourself in her shoes.If u truly love the son, it will be glaring to the mum.
And na the son go suffer am when the "love" eventually clears from his eyes!

Wise sons listen to their mums when it comes to choosing a life partner!

We are not in America where the government works and cares for her citizens. Here parents go through hell to raise their sons, so you shouldn't expect the son to call their bluffs and marry you just because you have a vagina or because it's done in America.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by ImaIma1(f): 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Blazing12345:

True talk, most of us have broken family today because of this same problem. Your paternal family hate your mother and maybe drove her away with the kids and these kids grows up and have a wife and children and the mother will drive her away with her kids and the circle continues. Then tomorrow we turn around to blame the society for the way the society is. We are all to blame. The friend's daughter the want the said son to marry might not even be better than the one they hate.

But they still don't see it. My brother's MIL tormented her daughter for wanting to marry my brother. She said our village is far. Our soups are "ewekewe"(full of vegetables). No real reason. She would even come and fight my brother.

My mum on the other hand hardly blinked. She didn't get involved. Today they are married with kids and her mum has traveled to our state countless times. Mothers just try to rule their kid's life and it's sad
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by macho44(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
ImaIma1:

If that's the only part you choose to believe, that's fine.
Different strokes for different folks
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Oponel1962: 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
BAD MARKET.
GO YOUR WAY.
THIS IS NIGERIA NOT AMERICA.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by SweetKay3: 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2019
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Aurora1: 9:10am On Aug 14, 2019
Take a long walk.
You need her to accept you if you want it to work, especially if the two of you are thinking marriage.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by micxwell(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2019
ImaIma1:

As a man, if your mum and younger siblings have to make decisions for you, there is something definitely wrong somewhere. A mother can advise but should not impose.

See I have so many instances and cases around me obviously because most of my friends, cousins, siblings are married. Even my own case that my MIL was proving stubborn because of church denomination.

It seems my mum was a unicorn or just not the average interfering type. She would tell you that you can marry any tribe you want. She would advise you but not impose. She always said that when you choose your spouse yourself, you will work out your issues yourself but if she tries to influence your decision, you will bring every single issue that comes up to her. And that is not how to live .

My point is that a child should know when their mum's interference is unreasonable. Usually the female children figure it out and fight it but the males are too blinded by "mother's love" to figure it out.
I agree with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Will You Go Back To An Ex That Slept With Your Friend? / BBNAIJA: Nengi Show Off Her Ass As She Rock Sexy Swimwear In The House. PHOTOS / 15 Ways To Drive Men Wild – Even If You’re Overweight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.