Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? (26224 Views)

Lady Makes Devastating Discovery After Accessing Boyfriend’s Mother’s Phone / My Boyfriend's Mother Doesn't Like Me Because I Have Tattoo - Lady Cries Out / When Your Boyfriend's Mother Asks For Your Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by DameB(f): 6:44am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:
Pls advise everyone.

When you are dating a guy and his mother hates you and asks him to end the relationship but he is still with you and insists on continuing with the relationship.

What do u do pls. I need ur contributions.

Thank u

Kindly end the relationship...

If you love your boyfriend so much and want to marry him, then start working to get into your potential mother-in-law's good books.... Find out why she hates you from your boyfriend and try to change that narrative...
You are going to have her as a family member for the rest of her life if you guys marry so start digging urself out of her hatred...
U have to grovel babe, don't make it obvious so she doesn't take advantage of you... Be genuinely interested in her welfare, help her out at times...But only do things for/with her that you can continue after u marry her son, don't start what you can't maintain after marriage.. then she'll know it was all pretence and hate u more..

She might be thinking you are alakowe that won't be submissive to her son... So to her be patient, humble, loving etc.. call her often to check on her, be concerned about her health, let her know you love her son and wants his best interest also, when you and her son go visiting her, nne join her in the kitchen o, give her compliments, make her feel like buttergrin... If she nor be spirikoko buy makeup for her, if she be spirikoko pray with her

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by ultron12345: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2019
Reminds me of Nick Young, his mum Eleanor, and Rachel Chu from Crazy Rich Asians.

I advice the OP to watch the movie, or get the book (authored by Kevin Kwan)

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Galaticos444: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2019
placeofallure:
It isn't all the time that you have to be bad before some people detest you. I'm not absolving you of all blames though.

I once dated a man in which 80% of his family didn't like me, My offence? Their boy is too much into me. I cared less. I later discarded their boy not based on this issue anyway.

I am married now and half of my husband's family are not into me, what I do is I keep my distance. We all used to be cordial, very cordial, but I got pregnant and had serious complications that kept me in the hospital for a month and half and they all claimed busy. They never visited the hospital, one even had the guts to ask me on phone what I did to the pregnancy. I couldn't forgive that. If I were their daughter, would they leave me to die? They're trying seriously now to make amends because they knew I never wronged them, but I just don't know how to forget that hurt. So instead, I keep them at a far distance. No family functions for me, neither do I visit, if they come, I welcome them and offer them food, shikena! Another asked to come live with us of recent, I just told my husband I don't want any trouble and that was it. I try to hide my head in my comfort zone for my own sanity. My husband has my ears 101% so it's easier for me to maintain status quo.

So OP, can you cope with issues like the picture I painted above? You may go ahead and date him if you can. If not, just take a walk.
u ar indeed a bad wife and a narcisist,u even proud to tell us u cant 4give dem despite dem trying to make amends but u want God to 4give u of all ur sins.smh

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by crackhouse(m): 6:46am On Aug 13, 2019
The mother have seen what his son cannot see that's why she hate you but her son still like you because of your sweet private part which is still overshadowing what his mother have already seen. He will only see what his mother is seeing now after he have married you and by that time it will too late for him to go back.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 13, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
Only a woman can psychoanalyze another woman and come close to a perfect conclusion. If i take a girl home i am eager to hear my mum's view than dad's, afterall a woman can easily manipulate a man into doing her bidding, but can't in most cases her fellow woman.
you're on point bro , learnt this the hard way.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by brainhgeek(m): 6:49am On Aug 13, 2019
If you are a fighter and you both are sure you are ready to go together all the way, stay. If you don't have strength to fight and God is not on your side, flee!
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 6:49am On Aug 13, 2019
You mean the woman just saw you and hate you like that

Just be sincere my dear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Starhearts: 6:52am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:

Shame on u too. Did I paint her black? You can't read it properly?

U can't learn at all?
Dats y d woman hate U.
Am really disappointed in you.
Wetin dey sweet ur belle
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 6:53am On Aug 13, 2019
placeofallure:
It isn't all the time that you have to be bad before some people detest you. I'm not absolving you of all blames though.

I once dated a man in which 80% of his family didn't like me, My offence? Their boy is too much into me. I cared less. I later discarded their boy not based on this issue anyway.

I am married now and half of my husband's family are not into me, what I do is I keep my distance. We all used to be cordial, very cordial, but I got pregnant and had serious complications that kept me in the hospital for a month and half and they all claimed busy. They never visited the hospital, one even had the guts to ask me on phone what I did to the pregnancy. I couldn't forgive that. If I were their daughter, would they leave me to die? They're trying seriously now to make amends because they knew I never wronged them, but I just don't know how to forget that hurt. So instead, I keep them at a far distance. No family functions for me, neither do I visit, if they come, I welcome them and offer them food, shikena! Another asked to come live with us of recent, I just told my husband I don't want any trouble and that was it. I try to hide my head in my comfort zone for my own sanity. My husband has my ears 101% so it's easier for me to maintain status quo.

So OP, can you cope with issues like the picture I painted above? You may go ahead and date him if you can. If not, just take a walk.

Wow congratulations Mrs wolf and sheep clothing
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by DameB(f): 6:54am On Aug 13, 2019
donbachi:
Why wont she...when only ur eyelash is 2inches long,nails long like rat intestines...u sleep and wake up by 9am...jokes though...for the fact she dislikes u 2day.pls,bear it in mind she will never see any gud in u.even if u born twins for her son...she will always look at their ears,eyes,nose and mouth if they look like dat of her son whenever she's bathing them.

grin grin @ bolded.... I just pictured it being done to a baby goat
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Exponental(m): 6:54am On Aug 13, 2019
Why does she hate you? Work on the reason and see if changing wont affect your relationship. Talk to him before changing sha.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by ffo(m): 7:00am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:

So how will u know if a relationship will lead to marriage? Can u see the future?
You can know right from day 1. Open your eyes
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by YorubaWarrior: 7:05am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:

Hmm

He still wants me & says he loves me & I want him too.

You mean you want his money... grin

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by dview001(m): 7:06am On Aug 13, 2019
The guy is a fool for not dumping you ...if only men understands the concept of the SISTERHOOD, they'll know that the only person in the sisterhood that is not against them is their MOTHER. So they'll gladly allow their mom choose a wife for them .You can deceive your boyfriend but you can't deceive the mother cos she's part of the SISTERHOOD too , she has seen through the whoredom inherent in you and your plan to destroy her son's life by bringing in another man's seed for him to raise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by emerged01(m): 7:09am On Aug 13, 2019
Mother? Cut if off!!!! Don't down play the role of mother in a marriage.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by DameB(f): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2019
seniorgozman:
I will advice you hate back, you don't have any business with your boyfriend's mother. It's left for your boyfriend to decide what he wants. Please don't make anyone feel so important in your life.

Sorry but this can't work especially if it's in Nigeria, that woman can fabricate every imaginable fabrication on her head to cause the her son to leave her... Mind you she might not be important in her life but she's important in her son's life and will be the grandma of the future kids

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by akan102: 7:16am On Aug 13, 2019
[i][/i]
PUSSYHOE:
Only a woman can psychoanalyze another woman and come close to a perfect conclusion. If i take a girl home i am eager to hear my mum's view than dad's, afterall a woman can easily manipulate a man into doing her bidding, but can't in most cases her fellow woman.

Not in all cases, and most times they do come with a pre-set mind

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by jrusky(m): 7:18am On Aug 13, 2019
Young woman is their anything you are not telling us? Have you check yourself?

The woman did not just dislike you possibly she is seen what her son is not seen so check yourself.

No mother will pray to have someone of Tontoh Dikeh tendency as a daughter in-law so check yourself.

1 Like

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by oluwasegun007(m): 7:20am On Aug 13, 2019
It's your boyfriend mother for christ sake not your mother in law...

Xo Park well
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 7:20am On Aug 13, 2019
I have bn in that shoe before and I simply took a walk.... Too early to start dealing with marital issues while single.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:

Shame on u too. Did I paint her black? You can't read it properly?

Haaaaaa Madam. No No No No No No......

Do you expect everyone to see things the way you see it? Hell NO.

Surulere !!!

You don’t even know,if Mama is here online reading your storyline.

If your relationship is gonna be,then add patience to your love,add patience in everything you do from henceforth!
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by seniorgozman(m): 7:25am On Aug 13, 2019
DameB:

Sorry but this can't work especially if it's in Nigeria, that woman can fabricate every imaginable fabrication on her head to cause the her son to leave her... Mind you she might not be important in her life but she's important in her son's life and will be the grandma of the future kids
I am talking out of experience, just that it will cause problem in the guy's family, but at the long run you will be vindicated.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by DameB(f): 7:29am On Aug 13, 2019
seniorgozman:

I am talking out of experience, just that it will cause problem in the guy's family, but at the long run you will be vindicated.

She'll be vindicated in the long run only if she doesn't repay hatred with hatred. Only love, humility, patience and understanding can help her o.. Cos at the end of the day it's that her hatred that will take centre stage not his mother's own

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:30am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:
Pls advise everyone.

When you are dating a guy and his mother hates you and asks him to end the relationship but he is still with you and insists on continuing with the relationship.

Thank u

there are too many unpleasant reasons
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by dazzlingd(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2019
placeofallure:

You are a bad wife.... One can easily see the signs of bitterness and arrogance in your tone..... Msrtcheew
Let's see where your bitterness will take u to, your chicken hearted husband will someday grow up and find a sweet girl for himself.

Men, these are the kind of women you should avoid in your lives..

Op better don't listen to this one
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2019
AkeNathan:
But if you want to be committed and really are in love, try discover why this woman DISLIKES you ( hate is a strong word i don't like to think she does ), after finding out why she dislikes you, you can learn from your man how you can be able to change the mindset of his mother toward you, either by convincing her you're not the kind of bad person she thinks you are, or by being the kinda good person that she will like. Your man also has roles to play in convincing his mother to accept you, after all, na only him sabi him momsi pass.
exactly God bless ur wisdom.. I'm in my mid 30s and since I was a teenager, today I'm a proud father I warn all my gfs, partners etc how to relate with my people... I know them better, don't go and over do or talk... Because once u incure that wrath... Na damage control we go begin look for...
Her boyfriend is the key to her problems.. Infact there is something he isn't telling her..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:
Pls advise everyone.

Thank u

You leave her pikin for am na.

You cant be too sure about your guys assurances cos you know how men are naturally attached to their mum and tend to listen to whatever their mother tells them. Forget whatever stunts he's pulling with the mother now or what he's telling you, He might just wake up one day after much pressure and change it for you and you'll think its Indian film.

My advise if you really love him and want to stay, buy some things like food stuff and go and beg Mama on your kneels and try to be her friend. If you been dey form fine girl, stop forming for mama and.be humble. Otherwise, leave mother and son and wait for your Mr right. I dont subscribe to begging for a man when there are so many good men out there that are yet to be discovered. Even younger responsible guys sef.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by dazzlingd(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2019
Galaticos444:
u ar indeed a bad wife and a narcisist,u even proud to tell us u cant 4give dem despite dem trying to make amends but u want God to 4give u of all ur sins.smh

Can u imagine, first family she wanted to marry into, 80% did not like her, second family managed her and still trying to cope with her and she did not know she need to check herself... Many are mad, few are roaming.

... It's obvious she married a chicken and she's a control freak , her husband listens to her 101% .....tufiaka
#spits

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by Bahddo(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2019
PUSSYHOE:
Under normal circumstances would you accept a bad thing for your son? if no case closed!
you think like a child.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by policysamuel(m): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2019
Hot18:
Pls advise everyone.

Thank u

No mom would like to v a 'hot' gal as daughter in law
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Mother Hates You, What Do You Do? by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2019
Bahddo:
you think like a child.
Is that all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

After Introduction, Whose Responsibility Is It To Pay A Girl's School Fee? / Ladies- Crossing Age 30 without A Spouse Is Not The End Of The World. / How Many Romancelanders Have You Met And Will Like To Meet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.