Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Undecided - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Undecided (103795 Views)

*Undecided* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dibz's POV

Few days had passed since the unfortunate that unfortunate Saturday where Hailey's presence had ruined my time with Fola. It was just the typical 'Fibz' relationship scenario which was always going to be strained by the seemingly constant Hailey figure.
It's pretty much the truth, back then when things were rosy between Fola and I, Hailey was the only thing that caused issues between us, well , except when I screwed up with the whole bet thing then.
She said not to call or come see her till I was sure I could trust her well enough to let her in on everything that was going on, which I don't know if it's ever going to be possible.
I know I told her that I was protecting her, which, technically is the truth but it's only a part of the truth. The other part is because I'm still scarred on the whole trust thing, especially with her.
I don't know if I'm ready trust her like before again but I just know I don't ever want to lose her again. So how can I not want to trust her but still don't ever want her away from me??....Ah, I'm really a nutcase.

Apart from being sad my messy love life and also kind of....ok I'm just going come and out right and say it, I've been stalking Fola online and everywhere. Yeah , I've been keeping tabs on her since cus I just can't help myself, I'm that hopeless. She's been staying with T for sometime now probably because she knew I'd check her place if I ever wanted to ignore her instructions about not coming to her which I already did but T kicked me out.
So that's that, and apart from that, I've been cracking my head on how I'd get the flash drive from Hailey. The whole nice guy facade hasn't really been that effective in getting me close enough to get it from her. She's been pretty protective about it as she's even stopped wearing it round her neck, God knows where she's kept it now.
Sometimes, I've been tempted to just come and out right and ask her to give it to me but that would just be disastrous for me. She might just lay another accusation on me and it'd be back to jail, for life this time around. I needed a new plan, a plan that would make her confess this time around but how I was I going to pull it off?

'Grrrrrrrrrr', my phone rang bringing me back to reality. I groaned as I rolled over to pick it and sat up when I saw the caller ID. 'This must be huge', I thought as it'd been pretty long I heard from him.

"Hey dad. How're you doing?", I asked as I picked.

"What are you doing?", he fired without even answering my greetings. I rolled my eyes even though I know he couldn't see me.

"Talking to you", I answered his question.

"Don't get smart with me now boy. Where are you?", he fired again . Okay, this is weird what's with the hostility. Maybe he'd found out about Fola and he's now angry, but how would he know that?

"Uh..I'm... I'm in the office", I lied, feeling confused now that I know he might know about Fola and I coming back to together or maybe that Fola had been living in his house for quite sometime or that I'm now chummy with Hailey, ahhh I'm so confused right now.

"You mean the same company that you haven't stepped foot in for the past one month، almost two months now sef. The same company I entrusted into your hands because I'm ill or the same company that I hear is about to go public in a few hours time now....Which company ,goddamnit!!!!!", he yelled over the phone. I had to create a distance between the phone and the ear to protect my eardrums.
How can the company be going public, it's not even possible, we have majority shares and so such decisions can't be held without our knowledge.

"Dad, pls calm down, remember your health. The company can't be going public without our consent, you have majority shares remember? Almost 83%."

"That's .... that's not really true", he replied. His voice calmer now but I was still stunned at his reply, what did he mean by that?

"I...I...don't get it dad. What do you mean by not really?", I asked confused.

"We do have majority shares, however on paper
it's just 32.5% and the remaining 50% was purchased through different individuals and businesses. Your grandfather was the one who did this, you know he was a mafia Lord and he built the company as a means to wash his dirty money and so as not to arouse any suspicions from the finacial security board as to how one person could single handedly build an aircraft comapny without help from the bank or other loan sectors, he made it look like he had a board of investors. Now this so called investors stayed loyal till they died leaving their children to inherit their shares but it seems I wasn't as tough as my father or maybe you weren't either and so they feel they can oust us like that. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this before but if you'd been more serious with the company, this may not have happened, instead you choose to still hang out with that Dokubo's girl", he finished.
Wow, that's some story there and I felt bad for what my nonchalance was about to cost my family. I had to fix this now, Hailey and Fola can wait for now, I have to think out something or find a loophole somewhere. I know one thing for sure and its that Mr. George had a hand in this, he had to. The man has always expressed his dislike for me or my family.

"I'm sorry dad, I'll fix this", I promised. "But did you know about Fola, are you spying on me and how?".

"The fact that I didn't follow in my dad's dubious mafia steps doesn't mean I can't still command their services. Why do you think we didn't use bodyguards....Each member of the Manuel family has atleast four members of the Anika clan protecting them from afar", he answered, abit of pride in his voice.
With the mention of my grand-dad's gang name, q light bulb lit in my head.

"Dad, remember you said before that Grandpa left me some money before he died?"

"Yes, yes....he did but I told you before, you can't have it, it's dirty money. You already have a trustfund so you don't need it".

"How much?", i asked anxiously, not waiting to hear what he had to say.

"Onyekachi..you can't ..."

"How much dad?", I caught him off. He sighed.

"About a few billion dollars", he answered reluctantly. I gave a low whistle immediately he said the amount. With that amount of money, I could be abit higher than my Dad's net worth.

"How can I access it?", I asked.

"Onyekachi, I forbid you from that", he thundered.

"Good thing, I'm not a kid anymore which you can control. I'm a man now dad and I can make my own decisions for myself".

'Well, you make a nice point but pls be careful. It's in a bank in the Bahamas, O.M Bank, Odiba Manuel Bank. Yes, the bastard created a legitimate bank to store his illegal money, how ironic", dad said, scoffing at the last part. Even in death, he still had this daddy chip on his shoulder. They never got along but I know he still loves his old man, he never stops going on about how my grandfather is the cleverest person he's ever met in his lifetime.

"When you get there, just say your name, full name and they'd take you to the safe boxes, now here's the tricky part, the password is the name your grandfather always called you as a kid, if you even make a mistake in the spelling, a herd of Anika gangsters would drag you out to be killed for impersonation so you've got to be extremely careful", he continued.

"Okay dad, I'm leaving now. Thanks", I said.

"Son, don't... don't...don't do anything stupid", he stuttered. I smiled at that. Typical Dad.

"Love you too dad",I said as I hung up so as to prepare for my trip to the Bahamas. I just hope my plan works out..... TBC

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Undecided by dimssy(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
Multiple trust fund.

Sounds interesting...
Re: Undecided by Ayanfe29(f): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Undecided by Dibixxx1(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
This is madt.......I just can't get enough of this story
Re: Undecided by doctorexcel: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2020
Wow. Getting more interesting
Re: Undecided by BigDebbie: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2020
Interesting episode.Thanks
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
Dibz's POV

The flight to the Bahamas wasn't eventful at all, maybe because I spent a major chunk of the journey sleeping all through. As the plane took off, I spent hours setting up my plan to ensure everything went well. There's no way my dad was going to lose his company on my watch, not all.
If they wanted the company to go public then public it would be .... for now.
I had placed some calls to the very few people in the company I knew I could trust to keep me posted on the happenings there. They confirmed what my dad told me and how they were still in the early stages of the company going public...close to 30 million shares offered to the public constituting close to 83% of the company's total shares and they were going for about #1000 per share. How cheap?? This was no doubt a cover up, a facade for a takeover. Now the shares are that cheap, it's now possible for someone or an entity to garner up as many shares as possible to the extent whereby they would able to get a substantial percent or even more of that of my Dad's and they'd be able to buy us out or even oust us out of the company.

"Hey man", I said as soon as Josh picked up. I needed his plan for my plan to be quick and effective.

"Yo...what's good?...wait where are you and why are you calling with a foreign number?", he asked immediately.

"Bahamas...it's a long story bro. I had to leave yesterday, I'll brief you on everything when I get back. I need your help, you still in touch with that CAC chic?", I asked as he heaved a long sigh.

"Uhmm....yeah but we haven't talked for a long long time, you know after she found out I was also seeing her cousin or sister, I don't know.....but why are you asking about her, you don't want Fola again?", he asked chuckled.

"Fool",I hissed. "I just need her number for some business ish".

"Okay?", Josh said. I'm sure he was really curious now I already told him I'd brief him later so he didn't push it. " Whatever it is that's going on now, I hope it turns out right... sending get number right away".

My phone made a beep sound signalling that he's sent the number.

" And dude, I also need your help again. I need you or preferably your club to purchase about 500,000 shares of my company when they start selling. A share is around #1000 so everything would be around #500m in total".

"What....wait, what are you even talking about? and where would I get five hundred million naira?....are you sure you're ok right now, what's up with you?", Josh rambled on confused. I don't blame him though, I should have told him about everything but there's no time now.

"Look, I'll give you the money, just purchase the shares as soon as possible please", I pleaded.

"You?....give me the money? how?....wait, don't tell me you've sold your father's company and have run abroad to hide or...nooo, is your dad dead and you've gotten your inheritance and now you want to sell the company?....", Josh was rambling on but I cut him short impatiently.

"Shut up man, nobody's dead and nobody's stealing anything. I'll explain when I've got time but please just help me this time, I really need you now please, we'll talk later bye", I said cutting the line.

I needed to get to the bank immediately to claim my inheritance. There was against me and I needed to start putting my plan in motion quickly. I arrived at the bank and I was awestruck at the magnificent building, wow...my family owned this??
Realising myself quickly, I entered quickly, scanning the whole place with my eyes as I also walked to the reception area.

"Hello, you're welcome to the O.M bank. What can we do for you please?", the first receptionist asked with a sweet smile on her face.

"Uh, I'd like to see the manager, or MD or whoever is in charge of this bank", I said confidently. She gave a small laugh, before checking herself and turning to another of her colleague who was also smiling, but not the normal patronising smile it was more of a mock smile. Maybe because of my age or appearance, I don't know, it's their business tho.

"What's funny, I said I'd like to see whoever is in charge here and you're smiling?", I asked impatiently.

"I'm sorry sir but you can't see him now", she answered straight up.
'And why's that?", I asked immediately.

"He's in a meeting right now and it's gonna be like the whole day", she answered politely, but one could still sense the mockery emanating from her countenance. "But if you're looking to open an account or get a loan, I'm can direct you to someone who can be of help", she finished.

I was livid now, I don't have the time to wait through a bleeping meeting.

" Loan??....from my own bank?? Look call him up now and tell him to get his ass here right now. Tell him that Onyekachi Manuel demands his presence right now", I said the last part through gritted teeth.

There was a sharp gasp from her and the other receptionists in the hall. She quickly punched the pads on her telephone.

"Hello, Marie? Yes, I need you to put me through to the boss", she said as she listened to whatever the person on the receiver was saying.

" Tell him there's someone here saying he's a Manuel, in fact the Manuel and he wants to see him immediately", she said as she waited again for sometime before she spoke again.

"Ok sir, thank you", she said as she finally got off the phone.

"He'll be with you shortly sir",she said to me meekly now.....TBC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
Thanks op for the update..
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lakesc:
Thanks op for the update..
thanks man...I really appreciate your comments. Sorry for all the late updates I've been cracking my brains for ideas for the story
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 7:09am On Jul 17, 2020
Moura7:

thanks man...I really appreciate your comments. Sorry for all the late updates I've been cracking my brains for ideas for the story
Dont worry ok, just take ur time u are doing great
Re: Undecided by GodShowmemercy(f): 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Power of money
Re: Undecided by DDexter99(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
Men your story gat me rapt up in SUSPENSE[color=#990000][/color] cool SUSPENSION won kill me ooo.

Please try and finish up.
Re: Undecided by Herbiedeen(m): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
Khriztarl, damselposh, Ann2012 Prudysarah, Embelished, Ukaface

Oya oh, cumman be my FOLA cool

1 Like

Re: Undecided by ukaface(f): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
Herbiedeen:

I dey come first
Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
Herbiedeen:

landed. After na, u go complain say i no spell ur name well. Now, see as you spell embellished. Shift biko.
Re: Undecided by Herbiedeen(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
Khriztarl:

landed. After na, u go complain say i no spell ur name well. Now, see as you spell embellished. Shift biko.
eeww, lemme goan buy super glue :' :'
Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
Herbiedeen:
eeww, lemme goan buy super glue :' :'
hmm
Re: Undecided by ukaface(f): 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Woooooooooooooooow
This is amazing
It's interesting,had to read all within 2days
I love your story.
Re: Undecided by Herbiedeen(m): 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
ukaface:
Woooooooooooooooow This is amazing It's interesting,had to read all within 2days I love your story.
you know say na only better thing i sabi na cool
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
ukaface:
Woooooooooooooooow This is amazing It's interesting,had to read all within 2days I love your story.
Thanks alot..glad you like it
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
DDexter99:
Men your story gat me rapt up in SUSPENSE[color=#990000][/color] cool SUSPENSION won kill me ooo.

Please try and finish up.

lol... thanks man. I'm abit short of ideas now..but I'm open to any tho
Re: Undecided by ukaface(f): 5:49am On Jul 21, 2020
Herbiedeen:
you know say na only better thing i sabi na cool
lol....you try,you try
Thanks for mentioning me
Re: Undecided by DDexter99(m): 9:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
Moura7:

lol... thanks man. I'm abit short of ideas now..but I'm open to any tho

If I give you Nigerian story line.... It may defeat the purpose. Just take your time eat BEANS and BREAD and the rest will be history....

Onyekachi...
cool
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2020
Contd

It didn't take up to two minutes before a bulky dude in a two piece suit , bald head and with glasses too walked up to with a smile. I almost mistook him for a guard because of his size but when he walked to me with an apologetic smile on his face I had rethink.

"Hello, you must be Mr. Manuel. I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting this long, please don't be offended", He said with a Nigerian accent, did mention he was black too, definitely Nigerian and maybe Igbo judging from his smooth accent (lol I'm not being tribalist).
The anger I felt before had reduced significantly and right now what I just needed was to discuss how I was going to get the necessary funds I needed from inheritance so I just nodded to his apology.

"I'm sorry, my name is Nas Arinze, I'm the MD of the bank. Of you'll just follow, Wed head to the vault where the safety deposit boxes containing your key to your part of the vault is", He said as he motioned with his hand the direction we were to be headed.

As we walked , I couldn't help but notice the kind of stares I was getting, especially from the security guys, like they were profiling me or something and o could have sworn I saw this MD guy give them sort of signal or maybe I'm just being paranoid, o don't know.
We reached a big metal door where Nas punched in some codes and the door beeped before it opened and revealed a really huge room with lots and lots of boxes attached to the walls of the room. As soon as we entered the room the door closed by itself and almost immediately I found myself on the floor, my right arm stretched backwards forcefully. This dude had just attacked from no where for no reason at all.

"Now you're gonna tell me who the f***k you are and why you're trying to impersonate a Manuel", he said harshly as he twisted my arm the more.

"What are you saying, I am a Manuel, Onyekachi Manuel and....", I couldn't even finish before he twisted my arm again. The pain was too much that suddenly i remembered everything my good Russian friend in prison taught. I leant back a little giving me space to prop my legs on the wall, take some steps on the wall and perform a clean backflip, causing me to free my arm from his grip and land behind him. Without giving him time to understand what just happened, I gave a powerful punch to his throat. That caused a temporary malfunction of his windpipe as he fell to his knees , making choking sounds as he grasped his neck. I then punched him again, this time on his face causing him to blackout instantly. I slid down the wall, sighing heavily while running a hand across my face. What just happened now, I thought as I took another glance at the unconscious mountain of a man.
I crawled to where his was, searching him for any weapon, I wasn't sure I'd be able to fight him off again without any when he regained consciousness. I found a gun which I took immediately and I also spotted a tattoo on the lower part of his neck. I had seen a similar one on my grandfather while he was alive and I had always joked about it then when I was little. What are the odds that my grandfather and his accountant or MD of his bank, would have the same tattoo and at the same place too, except...... except they were family related or something, maybe friends or were part of some organization or... organization?.... the gang, the Anika clan. It all made sense now, ofcourse my grandfather would place a gangster to head his bank.
The mountain stirred at that point, and I shifted back swiftly. He groaned while touching his head and in the process he eyes landed on me and as if completely recovered, his eyes widened as realization dawned and immediately, he searched himself prolly to pull up the gun or should I call it my gun.

"Tsk tsk tsk", I beckoned as I pointed the gun at him. He stopped in his tracks and put his hands up in surrender.

"What do you want?", he growled.

"Nothing much, just my money and now I'm adding the bank too for this unruly behavior of yours. Do you twist the arms of all your customers?", he said getting up on my feet.

"You're not living here alive, there's lots of guys outside this door now as we speak, armed to the teeth", he said smiling devilishly.

"Look, I just need to get some money out of my own money and I'd be gone, no need for all these. Why don't you wanna believe I am who I say I am?"

"I just have a bad vibe about you and besides if you're truly the heir, then you'd have come sooner or I'd have seen you at the funeral of the boss and another thing, I know the heir, and you look nothing like him", he spat.

"B.S, you clearly don't know shit about me. No need to waste any more time, just show me my box or whatever so I'd do my thing".
He stood up and I positioned myself with the gun firmly in my hand, Incase he tried anything funny.

"Chill, I'm just showing you your box. Let's see how you open it, you impostor", he sneered. He pointed at a box different from the cluster of boxes on the wall. I moved further to the look at it. It had a keypad attached to it and a red light shinning on it. As I made to touch it, the mountain spoke.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, that box has been locked since like forever. It was the personal SDB of the boss while he was alive before he left it for his heir and only he knows the passkey. So if an impostor like you foolishly goes ahead and puts in the wrong password just once, the box releases a poisonous gas immediately and boom we are dead or you're dead. You see when I heard you were around, I figured another impostor had come again...oh you think you're the first to come here claiming to be Onyekachi Manuel? Hahahaha....I knew it might get to this and so I prepared", he said with a mocking smile on his face. He went to a box at the far left of the room, entered some keys and it opened , he collected something like an oxygen mask and donned it.

"So you see, if you punch in the wrong password ,you die. If you wait here, my guys would open this door by overriding it, which I'm sure they're doing now by the way and then you'll still die, so either way you die....so what's it gonna be die by gas or by gun?", he laughed.

All he said got to me I won't lie. I started panicking but I didn't show it. What if dad had made a mistake in the password he gave me and boom I'm choked to death by some poisonous gas, imagine me dying from poison...God forbid.
If I cave in now, I'd die from bullets or even get tortured first, before I'm finally killed. Oh Lord pls turn up for me this time. With my gun stilled trained on him, I punched in the keys on the keypad and hesitated a little before punching the enter key with my eyes closed , ready to accept whatever fate befell me.... TBC

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Undecided by xaviercasmir(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
I hate suspense angry
Nice update bro
Re: Undecided by Missmossy(f): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
Keep it coming cheesy
Re: Undecided by DDexter99(m): 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
Everywhere stew....

Everything rugged...

If it where me .... Cause trouble ooo.

GOD NO GO SHAME US cool

LAST,LAST EVERYTHING GO DEY ALRIGHT cool
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thanks op...
Re: Undecided by Dibixxx1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
Spot on.........more pls
Re: Undecided by GodShowmemercy(f): 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nawa for u
Re: Undecided by doctorexcel: 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
Getting more interesting
Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 1:04am On Jul 26, 2020
Hello moura7, congratulations you've won yourself a huge fan. Thanks alot for the dish out, but i'm no longer hearing of debbie and liv. Watsup with those ones? Plus, this folakemi, is she brown skinned or dark mode let me just confirm my senerio.
you didn't paint a picture of josh and tiara either.
i kinda got a picha of dibz. I mean he's huge, cute biceps, long hair, trimmed beards, 6pcs, dark complexioned, long nails on one hand (i've got a thing for long nails, mind you) and e.t.c. Right?

And the flash, why didn't kachi just drug her at that goddamn party?
the makeup between fibz got me in the mood, like, that kiss was boom!
lastly, am sorry i didn't get time to read all this while. Got hooked up by some stuff. But, trust me am here now. 'not like am going anywhere anyway'.
herbiedeen thanks again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.