Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Undecided - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Undecided (105462 Views)

*Undecided* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
Khriztarl:
Hello moura7, congratulations you've won yourself a huge fan. Thanks alot for the dish out, but i'm no longer hearing of debbie and liv. Watsup with those ones? Plus, this folakemi, is she brown skinned or dark mode let me just confirm my senerio.
you didn't paint a picture of josh and tiara either.
i kinda got a picha of dibz. I mean he's huge, cute biceps, long hair, trimmed beards, 6pcs, dark complexioned, long nails on one hand (i've got a thing for long nails, mind you) and e.t.c. Right?

And the flash, why didn't kachi just drug her at that goddamn party?
the makeup between fibz got me in the mood, like, that kiss was boom!
lastly, am sorry i didn't get time to read all this while. Got hooked up by some stuff. But, trust me am here now. 'not like am going anywhere anyway'.
herbiedeen thanks again.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate. I didn't give much description to the characters because i felt it'd be best if the readers developed their own description of them cause it'd be easier to relate with them. About Liv and Debbie, Liv travelled abroad to get away from all the drama, some sort of emotional rehab I guess and Debbie, Debbie's still mad at Dibz and has distanced herself for now, she definitely come back tho, her role is not yet done same with Liv. Liv would be back but the thing is what would she come back as, would accept things as they are or would she fight it....
Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2020
Moura7:

Thanks alot, I really appreciate. I didn't give much description to the characters because i felt it'd be best if the readers developed their own description of them cause it'd be easier to relate with them. About Liv and Debbie, Liv travelled abroad to get away from all the drama, some sort of emotional rehab I guess and Debbie, Debbie's still mad at Dibz and has distanced herself for now, she definitely come back tho, her role is not yet done same with Liv. Liv would be back but the thing is what would she come back as, would accept things as they are or would she fight it....
owh. Owk
Re: Undecided by mokoh(m): 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
Please give us something
Re: Undecided by Ice4jez(m): 1:14am On Aug 04, 2020
mokoh:
Please give us something

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2020
Morning guys..new episode today

1 Like

Re: Undecided by Emex100(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
Still waiting paitirb
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
Waiting ooo...
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Dibz's POV

I half opened my eyes a few seconds after I'd punched in the passcode. Nothing had changed, the red light from the keypad l indicated that it was still locked and no gas had come out from nowhere or...or maybe I'm dead already. I heaved a sigh of relief when I searched the room for my dead body and didn't see anything which meant my spirit was still in my body (nollywood don mess me up sha).
Suddenly the box made a click sound and the light changed to green and the box unlocked immediately, opening halfway. My legs gave way and I fell on my knees closing my eyes while giving thanks to God. I really thought was going to die today. I instantly remembered I was not alone here and whipped my head towards the direction of the MD as he slowly removed the oxygen mask like thing he wore on his face.
He was smiling. Why was he smiling? He's supposed to be afraid or even angry, why the smile.

"Why are you smiling?", I asked backing away from him as he took a step towards me.

"Congratulations, Mr Manuel", he said as he stopped. "You passed the test, you are the true heir".
'Now I'm confused, what test?', I thought.

"What are you talking about?", I asked. "What test?".

He smiled again before he spoke. "You see, there wasn't any passcode or there is actually but it's not a word or numbers or anything like that. Your grandfather was a very smart man and done all these in anticipation of any impostors, even your dad didn't know the actual passcode. The man didn't trust anybody, well except me. He saved me as a kid and I since swore my allegiance to the man, I would never betray him and he knew it that's why he let me in on the secret and ensured that I made sure the inheritance got to you one way or the other, even if your dad refused or even you refused. He loved you so much , right from the moment you were born, said you were the carbon copy of his late wife, your dad's mom, the only person who could tame him."

I felt cold all over as he listened to him. He means to tell me that he let me go through all that just for fun, to test me?

"Why did you let me go through all that then?", I asked softly.

"I'm sorry about that, I had to be sure you were really the one. As I said earlier, impostors have been here before claiming to be you, one even looked exactly like you, wonder how they got to know about the inheritance but they all failed the test and were eliminated immediately", he said.

"What f***king test is this? Tell me!!!", I yelled angrily.

"Woah easy Sir, I'm sorry. The..the....it's your fingerprint. All the keypad needed was your fingerprint, anything you'd have pressed would have unlocked the box it just needed your fingerprint", he said as he took a step backwards.

I was dumbfounded.

"So you mean even if I pressed 1 , the box would've unlocked?", I asked astonished as I stared wide eyed at the box to which he nodded.

"The keys just served as a decoy", he explained.

I proceeded to open the box fully and I got out some papers and files but there wasn't any key whatsoever. I was alarmed now.

"There's... there's no key", I said panicked.

"Oh...you don't need a key. You've got a special vault where your inheritance is in cash worth almost $2bn and then the bank is yours too, %100 ownership", he said as he opened the compartment where he got the mask thingy from and presssed a key which caused the doors to open and just immediately, about ten guard like guys rushed in pointing their weapons at me.

"Sshhh....stand down guys. Drop your weapons at once!", Mr Arinze ordered. " He's the new boss, the boss's very own grandson". Almost immediately, the lowered their weapons and bowed their heads slightly in a show of respect.
I was awed I won't lie. Maybe being the new mafia boss wasn't such a bad thing afterall (lol just kidding). I prolly wasn't going to use this money after I regained our company, it was illegal drug money afterall ( lol kidding again, I'm so keeping the money).
I stood up and dismissed the guards while I went through the files and documents with joy in my heart. With this money we didn't even need the company that much, we could easily start another one from scratch with at least two more branches at once but no, that company is the sweat and blood of my dad and there's no way I was going to let it slip out just like that under my watch.

Dropping the paperwork, I turned to Mr Arinze.
"Mr Arinze", I began. "I need you to buy some shares for me right away", I said smiling.....TBC

So sorry for not updating earlier, had a very busy day. Glad to be done with these whole corporate ish...I've missed Fola and Josh and T too. New update later tomorrow or Thursday at most. Good night

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
sad short update. Long time waiting. Thanks op. Thanks alot.
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 11:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Khriztarl:
sad short update. Long time waiting. Thanks op. Thanks alot.

next would be longer.. thanks
Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
Moura7:

next would be longer.. thanks
Ok. Now should i just smile or hug you?
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Khriztarl:
Ok. Now should i just smile or hug you?

I think I'd like a hug better than a smile
Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
Moura7:

I think I'd like a hug better than a smile
So, i should hug you with furrowed brows and frowned face huh.
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
Khriztarl:
So, i should hug you with furrowed brows and frowned face huh.

With a smiley face would be more appropriate....you'd look much better than with a furrowed brows or frowned face
Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Moura7:

With a smiley face would be more appropriate....you'd look much better than with a furrowed brows or frowned face
now you're talking. smiley *huggs*
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
Khriztarl:
now you're talking. smiley *huggs*
lol. thanks alot
Re: Undecided by Herbiedeen(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2020
hmm, smh cool
Re: Undecided by Ven97: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2020
Welcome back man and thanks for the update
Re: Undecided by GreatAmmy(f): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2020
Oh no, I thought I'd be reading the end of the story when I get back but hell no.
You're doing a nice job. The suspense and all.
I love it....
Re: Undecided by BigDebbie: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nice piece
Re: Undecided by DDexter99(m): 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Please continue...
Sorry to say but... This crumbs you're dropping is keeling the intensity of the suspense.

If you're not ready wait and resume with at least two chapters.
When I started this story I was glued to my phone. But now after a paragraph or two l, I just feel .....

Thanks for the update...
Re: Undecided by DDexter99(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
Killing
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2020
Dibz's POV

After all formalities and signing of lots and lots of paperwork, I was in actual possession of my inheritance and my bank had acquired substantial amount of shares needed for my plan. Everything took me almost two weeks before I could eventually leave Bahamas. With everything going on I almost forgot I had a family so I decided to branch at London to see my mum and dad. I won't lie, I was a bit scared. I thought my sister had told my mum about my apology to Hailey and she (my mum) in her anger had refused to call or reach out to me in any way possible, but it was a huge relief when she rushed towards me at my arrival and hugged the life out of me. Apparently, Debbie had told mum nothing caused she even asked after her . She thought Debbie was still staying in the house with me. Dad seemed alright, at least he could move around now but couldn't do any strenuous activity. I intimated him on my plans to secure back ownership of our company and he commended it although he wasn't still onboard about my involvement in the Anika clan or the fact that the took the 'dirty money'. I assured him that I'd be okay and he should just focus on recovering.
The night before I left London, I took a walk around , enjoying the kiss of the very cool weather on my face as I went over lots of things in my head. I still had to figure out a way to clear my name in the rape scandal with Hailey which wasn't showing any promise at all. I just can't figure out a way to get her to confess or find proof that I'm innocent. The only card I had left was to use the cleaner, the one who told me about the video on Hailey's laptop but I know she'd never agree to testify and honestly, I don't blame her. Her life and that of her loved ones would be endangered which might even cause her to even testify against me cause of the pressure that'd mounted on her by Hailey and her family. Now here's another issue with Fola, not one day passed without me thinking of her.
Everyday I picked up the phone to call her but then I remembered she said I shouldn't reach out to her till I was ready to be straight with her and I'd just drop the phone. I stalked her social media just to see her face and it took everything in me not to reply the stupid love comments some guys dropped on her posts.
I sat on a bench and took in the whole scenery, it was nice and then I imagined Fola next to me, clutching onto my arm with her head on my shoulders and it was beautiful.

"Sorry mate, could pls take a picture of us?", a guy said to me while handing me his phone.

"Yeah sure", I said quietly as I took the phone. The guy was black while the girl was white, a beautiful white. They giggled as they posed for the pictures and I'm sure even a blind person would have seen how into each other they were.
I took some more pictures before I returned the phone out of jealousy or envy, whichever.
Yes, I was jealous of how at ease with which they expressed their love. Why couldn't my own be like that, why did there have to be so much complications involved??

"Lord pls help me, I need your help in my life now", I prayed silently as I walked back home.
I don't know how but shortly after my short prayer, I felt better and lighter. I don't know why but I could just feel it in my heart that my life wasn't as bad as I felt it was.
Suddenly, I felt it was time I told Fola about the whole Hailey issue and what I was planning, damning the consequences and if worse came to worst I'd employ an entire army to protect her. Afterall, I had enough money to prolly last two generations. I began to wonder why I was so scared of Hailey and her family like my own family wasn't just as or even more influential. Fola's family was too but somehow, my whole experience had convinced my mind to succumb to fear and weakness whenever this issue was brought up. Well, not anymore.

"Hello Fred", I said into the receiver immediately he picked up. "Get the jet ready, we're leaving for Nigeria now". ........TBC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2020
Re: Undecided by Ayanfe29(f): 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
Moura7:

Thanks for the update.. but did you delete this?
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2020
Contd...

I got home to my parents and bade them goodbye amidst reluctance from them, especially my mum but nevertheless, they allowed me. I promised to call and visit more often. When I got down, Fred our pilot was already there waiting for me with my dad's chauffeur. We drove to the hangar and I apologized to Fred for the inconveniences on such short notice, I promised to give him a huge bonus once we landed in Nigeria sha to which he smiled widely . I smiled throughout the ride to the hangar as I thought of how I'd sweep Fola off her feet when I got to see her. I even googled very catchy apology lines I'd use on her when I saw her. 'Ah, she go hear am', I thought as I chuckled lightly shaking my head.
As I entered the jet, I felt abit tired so I decided to rest a little maybe even take a short nap, I hadn't rested well in the last couple of days.
When I woke up, we were already in Nigeria. Yeah, the short nap turned out to be just a little over 17 hours. Damn I must have been really really tired then but it was worth it sha cus I dreamt about my wedding to the Fola. You can say it cus I already know it's true... I'M A GONER!!
I couldn't remember if I drove myself to the airport or came with the chauffeur when I was going to the Bahamas so I just signalled one of the airport cabbies to drop me off. I'd call one of the managers later to check if I left my car there or not. I didn't have time to wait till they searched or wait for the chauffeur to come pick me up. I was still tired and hungry too.
My first thought was to rush to Fola's apartment to check on her but I didn't want her to see me looking this shabby. My beards were all grown, eye bags and my hair, I don't even want to talk about that one. I need to make an impression at first sight. I believe it will much better if she sees me looking all fresh and hot.
I quickly booked a home spa session once I reached my home and washed before settling to eat.
After the spa session, I looked at myself astonished at the witchcraft these people performed on me. I looked hot, like seriously, I never knew I could be this fineeeeee. These spa guys are really witches, I swear. The only downside though was that they cut my hair which wasn't bad at all, its just I liked the hair it signified some phases in my life I overcame.

Fast forward to evening, I drove to Josh's place and dude was so so happy to see me. With the way he hugged me, you'd think I was away for a month but I was so happy to see him tho, I missed the idiot. He suggested he headed to his club to catch up.

"So, I got the money and bought the shares as you requested. Care to let me know what's really going on now...why are the company's shares up for public subscription and how did you get that kind of money...are you stealing from your dad's company?", he fired off at once shortly after we arrived the club which was bubbling by the way. I guess business was good. We were at the personal VVIP lounge.

"Ah bro it's a long story man, but I'll tell you",I said . I let him in on everything that transpired from the shares ish to the inheritance ish.

When I finished , he gave a low whistle. "So you mean you're billionaire now and also part of a Mafia?", he asked slowly, bewilderment still apparent on his face. I nodded smiling.

"Don't forget, part owner of this club too", I said smiling. That seemed to jolt him out of his reverie as he sharply turned towards my direction.

"Which owner and which club?", he asked hotly. I laughed lightly. "You see when I sent you that money and you bought the shares in your club's name, it can be argued that that amount you received was an investment".

He scoffed while taking a sip from his drink. "Joker, that means I've got shares in your company too which isn't such a bad thing if you look at it". Now it was my turn to scoff. "Shares
I'd soon buy back from you".
We joked around for a while before I told him about my plan to let Fola in on everything.

"About time bro", he commended while giving me a fist bump. "Honestly, I didn't see why you didn't want to tell her about it since".
I shut shrugged. "Maybe I was just scared, but that's all past now. I'm ready", I said.

"Good to hear man, so I'm guessing this means you've figured out a way to take Hailey down and clear your name?", he asked. I was about to take a sip from my drink but his question made my hand hang in the air with my drink. I slowly brought my hand down as i shook my head slowly.

"Nah bro, nothing yet", I replied.

"Oh", was his reply before he emptied his cup.
"I have an idea though", he continued once he'd swallowed his drink. Eagerly, I dropped my drink and smiled at him. "My man, cmon spill it", I urged on.
"OK, here it goes", he started, his voice suddenly going low and I just rolled my eyes. Josh and drama are inseparable.

"Since you're in now, you know, a mafia Lord or something like that, you could ...", he looked around and lowered his voice the more, ".....you could just kidnap Hailey and torture her till she confesses. You and your gang could just wear masks and record the whole thing so you'd get the confession on tape. Great idea right?", he finished smiling while rubbing his palms together.
I just stared at him and kept asking myself how I'm friends with this baboon. Jokes on me for even thinking Josh would offer a reasonable solution but....but there's actually some sense in what he said but torturing her would be over the line, I'd be no different from her and besides I don't think a confession made under duress would be admissable in court.

I was about to tell Josh his idea wasn't welcome in the most polite way I could come up with when T entered. She looked really good and when she saw me, she rushed to hug me squealing. They are just the perfect pair, the drama king and the drama queen.
As I hugged her back, another person no scratch that, two people entered laughing about something. They hadn't turned to our direction so I couldn't see their faces well but when they did I stilled. It was Fola and Moe, holding hands
The first thought on my mind was to go ask those spa guys for a refund.......TBC

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Undecided by DDexter99(m): 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
Carry on Sir....
Nothing do you...
Two chapter's, wonderful.. cool
Re: Undecided by Missmossy(f): 11:57am On Aug 09, 2020
More please embarassed
Re: Undecided by cassidypat(m): 9:35pm On Aug 09, 2020
Alway keeping us in suspense...always love that about your stories...ride on
Re: Undecided by Dibixxx1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
Dope OP......Josh's idea isn't that bad sha in my opinion
Re: Undecided by Khriztarl(f): 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
Haew, who's this moe asunder na?
Re: Undecided by Lakesc: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.