Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,420,247 members, 5,427,945 topics. Date: Monday, 17 February 2020 at 06:15 PM

Undecided - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Undecided (6783 Views)

*Undecided* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undecided by oghenekome51(f): 9:29am On Feb 05
Moura7:

Thanks...will update this evening

That would be very nice of you! Can't wait!
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 11:06am On Feb 05
I spent the entire afternoon at Vic's playing video games with the guys while complaining about how school sucks. I had dropped Debbie at Tiara's before coming here.
Speaking of school, I had a history essay to submit on Monday even when we are on holidays. The teacher is to travel out next week and had mandated us to submit before he travels.

"I'm screwed", I muttered.

Victor took a glance at me. "Scared of losing? Don't worry I'll easy on you".

"Not that", I rolled my eyes.

Femi made a clicking sound with his tongue. "Lemme guess, History essay due on Monday?"

Just then my avatar got shot and I glared at Josh who had a triumphant smirk on his face. Victor fist pumped the air when he took out Femi's character leaving just he and Josh to battle it out.

"History's boring", Femi continued. "Dr Okafor thought it'd be fun to write a 2000 word essay on the Civil War, like who cares about the Civil War today", Femi groaned. "I haven't even started it yet".

"Tell me about it", I frowned.

"Take that losers!", Josh shouted as he took a headshot at Victor, finally winning the game.

Victor threw him a pillow. "You cheated".

"You're just bitter", Josh laughed.

Victor flipped him the finger then turned to me,"If you need any help writing that boring stuff for you I could call someone". He informed.

"What I need is someone to write it for me",Femi said stretching like the lazy turf he is.

We all know he doesn't need any help, the guy is blessed with natural intelligence.

Victor sighed, "I'm just saying, how about you golden boy?".
I frowned at his new nickname for me. "No I'm good", I shook my head.
"I'm leaving anyways , gotta pick up Debbie at T's", I said standing up.
Victor suddenly had this goofy smile on his face as I said that. "I can do that", he offered still smiling.

"Are you goofing around with my sister?", I asked suspiciously......TBC

2 Likes

Re: Undecided by oghenekome51(f): 8:50am On Feb 06
Hmmmm! The cat is about to be let out of the bag!!

You're the best Moura!
Continue!
Re: Undecided by Dibixxx1(m): 8:50pm On Feb 06
oghenekome51:
Hmmmm! The cat is about to be let out of the bag!!

You're the best Moura!
Continue!

Ikr the story's just superb

1 Like

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 8:39pm On Feb 09
New update tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 4:36pm On Feb 11
Contd
The doorbell suddenly rang saving Vic from answering my question, since i was just a few inches to the door i opened it.

I stared blankly at the girl in front of me, no idea what to do. I almost forgot Fola just lives across.

I, surprisingly became conscious of my appearance. This what fights cause in a relationship, its like I'm tryna ask her out all over again.

Fola looked surprised and a blinked a couple of times before smiling widely, but definitely not at me. "Hi guys'.

She looked good with her hair up in a ponytail. She's wearing a loose single sleeveless sweatshirt, fitted jeans and converse.I can't help but evaluate how sexy she looked compared to the school uniform she always wore in school (but she looks hotter in her cheer uniform tho).

"What's up?", Josh beàmed.

Fola smiled abit, "Parents at an auction and T is shopping with Debbie, so Vic invited me to crash here for a while".

Victor had a smug smile as I looked at him, I mentalĺy high fived his effort at bringing Fola and I together again.

"We're just about to leave, but you can always come with ", Josh stated.

"Where are you going?", she asked.

Josh looked at me for a second then back to her, "Dibz's. I'm just going to pick up Debbie and Tiara then we can stay over for dinner at his place".

I turn my head to give Josh a meaningful smile. I know most of the time he can be abit annoying but sometimes he can be really sensible.

I can already imagine the horror on my mum's face when she sees me introducing Fola to the family.

"Oh". Fola eyed warily. "I don't want to be a bother, I'll just go back home now".
How big is this girl's ego sef? She clearly looks like she really wants to tag along.

"Debbie would like it if you came", I blurted out without thinking.
Fola frowned a little."How about you? "

How about me?

"What?", I asked confused.

"Would you like me to come?" Fola asked, heaving a sigh of annoyance.

"Oh he would definitely love you to come", Femi nodded encouragingly.

I bit back a perverted smile.

Josh and Vic are shaking their heads and I'm trying my best to hold it in but the look on Fola's clueless face is just too innocent.

I chuckled lightly, "Femi , know your limits man".

He beamed at me and then looked at Fola while wiggling his eyebrows.

That's when she finally realised it. "Oh my God", she gasped. "I didn't mean it like come as in cum, what i mean is come as in come, idiots!!"

I cant hold back my laughter.

My mum is eyeing Fola like she's never seen another female specie before.

"Onyi! She's a girl!", my mum gasped.
I gave her a flat look.
Fola chuckled nervously beside me and tried to sound cheerful, "yeah....guess I'm a girl".

I rolled my eyes at her and then faced my mother.

"This is Chief D........."
My mum cut me off waving a dismissive hand, " oh silly. I know who she is, I went to the spa with her mother the other week".

" What?", i asked bewildered.

A sudden deep voice echoed in the living room. I lookeď up and saw my father at the staircase.

"That's a girl..... .", he noted.

Fola looked up as weĺl and smiled politely. "Hi".

My dad looked like he's studying every fibre of her being and I felt the need to just sheild Fola from his stares. He frowned for a second, and then he looked at me, "I'm impressed ".

I gaped at him.

He descended the stairs and then turneď very serious. "Tell me young lady, what juju did my son use on you to notice him?"

"Ignore him", I told her.

She smiled smugly. "Actually its your eyes".
As if by reflex, I blinked four times and i don't know why I did that.

I heard my mum sigh dreamily, "Finally honey, our son has introduced a girl to us. A girl , Njoku, a girl!"

I face palmed myself. "Mum....."

My father snorted, "you should be happy we were seconds to thinking you're gay".

"Nice", I deadpanneď

Fola shook her heàd as if disagreeing completely.

"That's not possibe because he always says I'm hot and he always staring at my bare legs in school", she finished with a smirk. The devil.

"DIBZ! DID YOU MAKE FOĹA CUM ALREADY?" ,Femi shouted, his voice echoing in the whole living room.

I heard my mum gasp.

I died.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 11:02am On Feb 12
Cmon people.. comments pls
Re: Undecided by oghenekome51(f): 12:04pm On Feb 12
Moura7:

Hi Moura! Quite a lovely story you have going on, although not posting regularly is kinda killing the vibes you started.

I'll suggest that you try to post regularly and carry us along.
Just also don't get tired and don't give up!
Re: Undecided by jullyrosy(f): 11:14am On Feb 13
Moura7:

dis is a lovely story... I'm following
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13
Thanks alot y'all...... I'm delaying intentionally.
Truth is I'm at loss for ideas, but hopefully I'd drop something tomorrow
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13
*not delaying intentionally
Re: Undecided by Dybala11(m): 5:48pm On Feb 13
Moura7:
Thanks alot y'all...... I'm delaying intentionally.
Truth is I'm at loss for ideas, but hopefully I'd drop something tomorrow
More inspiration OP, waiting for the next update.
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 3:20am On Feb 14
Dybala11:

More inspiration OP, waiting for the next update.
Thanks man
Re: Undecided by Dybala11(m): 2:25pm On Feb 14
Moura7:

Thanks man
You're welcome sir.
Re: Undecided by Moura7(m): 6:52pm On Feb 14
Fola's POV

I've been a mess since our fight, well more like my fight since I'm the one that started it and the one more affected. I know I'm abit over the top with my reaction but he made me feel like I didn't matter at all....kinda how my dad makes me feel when he misses stuff that really important to me. He just stood there as they put me up for a bet like I'm some commodity. I'm so hurt now but I won't lie I'm feeling a lot better since I've been around him today, but I still won't talk to him
So I'm in his house now and let's just say his mum loves me and his dad who looks like he's never heard a joke in his life before told me I'm pretty. Then there's the dinner.
At first I was waiting for some royalty moment involving five maids serving our food on a long rectangular table with twenty silverware spread around the sides of two fancy plates with champagnes and sparkling wine. No.
We're having barbecue in the spectacular wide garden.
We are huddled together - except for Mr Njoku and Victor. Mr Njoku suddenly wanted to show his rifle collection to Vic, much to Debbie's horror. The other boys are active enough to carry the chairs outside and Debbie and her mum are the ones to grill while T and I are the ones to set the table.

"I haven't seen any maids around", I noted, looking around.
"Yeah, Debbie they are off every weekend and believe me, they are an army. Mr Njoku is rarely home so whenever hes home, they do barbecues. By the way have you seen the meat?".
"Yeah", I whispered." Is this a normal thing for them?"
"OH there's this rumor that they even have jet delivered sushi from Japan just because Mr Njoku craves for some",she whispered back.
"Jet delivered?!",I gasped.
"Yeah. As if three helicopters are not enough for them, they have jets too!"
There helicopters? and jets with an S?..ofcourse they do. They own a freaking aircraft firm.
"Yeah, that's how loaded they are", she said.
"Hey you mind getting the forks and knives in the kitchen?", that was Mrs Teresa asking.
I nodded, "sure...but where?"
"Oh you'll find your way", she said dismissively.
"Do you know there's this story...." I heard her start to say but I'm already making my way inside the house, searching for the kitchen.
As I turned to a second corner, I'm sure I have gone astray. I have problems with directions.
So I find myself walking inside a huge skins of living room with large glass windows, a grand piano and a very very large painting of a lady located at the center.
I can't help myself but to wall closer it, it's a painting of a beautiful lady that somehow resembles Mr Njoku a little.

"Boo!", a voice whisperer in my ear and I screamed so loud I hurty ears.
Then I heard a female laugh afterward.
"Oh child! Calm down on",the owner of the voice amused.
My heart is pounding so fast in my chest. I slowly turn myself around.
"Ah.....a pretty lady", the woman cheered.
She looks so...so....so angelic. She's maybe in her seventies and she's wearing a white nightgown that royal grandmothers do wear when sleeping.
From her white hair, black eyes and elegant physique, she must be a Manuel too.
I shifted uncomfortably with my feet thinking how rude of me to scream and even think of her being a ghost or evil when she looks so friendly and motherly. She raised her eyebrow and she reminded me of Debbie when she does that. I gulped , feeling there's really something wrong with the whole concept.
"I'm sorry for screaming, I wasn't aware that someone was out here....", I apologized.
She chuckled like told her something funny.
"I'm Beatrice".
"I'm Folakemi"
This time both her eyebrows rose up and a knowing smile crossed her face. "I know you".
"Really?", I asked skeptically.
She waved her hand dismissively, a habit I find quite consistent with people from this family.
"Please, I know everything"
Yh.....she really looks like a person who knows a lot of things.
"Got lost, I see?",she asked.
"Well, I remember Teresa getting lost too,and Chioma and Muna", she said as if remembering something long long time ago......
Well that is alot of girls.
She puts her arm on her hip and pointed at the painting behind me, "What do you think of that painting?"
I turnaround and examined it once more.
The painting of a lady wearing a white dress playing the piano, similar to tbe piano here on the far left corner of the room. She's smiling and she has black eyes too and there's something about it, so strong that just by looking at it you'll figure out she's in love . I don't know but the concept just screams she's in love...
"She's lovestruck", I shrugged.
Her eyes narrowed and a warm smile graces her face. "Yes yes she is".
She grabbed my hand and towed to me where I suppose would be the kitchen.
"Got everything you need?",Beatrice asks me as I pick the tenth set of fork and knife and place it in the holder she gave me. I nodded ,"yup".
"Good ,I'll get going now. The way to the garden is just straight ahead till you reach the end of the hall then you head right".
"Wait, you aren't going to join us?",I asked.
She waved her hand dismissively again, "There's alot of food up here that I do nothing but eat all day".

I asked her if I can get her anything.
"I'm good. Just do me a favor and don't tell them that I'm here. I want it to be a surprise", she winked and walked away.......TBC
'

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Short Story - The Other Woman's Wedding / Meet An Amazing Storyteller : Nnedi Okorafor. / I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.