Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo (153551 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by coscley112(f): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
hmm more interesting from what I have read so far this is getting out of friendship oh cos I don't think yam will be close to goat without being eaten that is the case of Tammy nd femi lol
thanks ma for ur updates

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Hardes(m): 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
Tammy and Femi are fooling themselves, Very soon their feelings will surface. Thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by uchedora(f): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
femi is deceiving himself, how can one spend time with a pretty single lady every day and expect nothing to happen, and as for Tammy if she doesn't want trouble she should stop encouraging femi visitation all d time,her best is not good enough...she is not a counsellor for crying out loud, I don't want anyone to turn my heart against my wife, see talk undecided

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by uchedora(f): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
U are doing great,keep it coming dear
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by iloezumanulika: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks for the update, more please
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks for the update am already seeing something.....
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:41am On Sep 18, 2019
DEDICATION:
Babysuccess, Xeynab, Shola2019, Finumokesayo, oluwadabira, Ann2012, beldad, genius43, cubby4, queentener, Humbleness, izaray, BIGGIE121, kaysmart4real, Kaycee9242, Divineroyalty, Divinelypruned, Jagaban880, Treasurewamiri, iamgprince, Joecristiano7,Nwiboko26, cocotrendz, Nogodye, lonesome501, Ven97, Treasure17,
Lilly4endu, Wuhmie, garuzmarstk, Emex100

CHAPTER 12
Olawale got back from work to meet his pregnant wife Deborah in the kitchen.
“Debby…..” He stressed her name. Debby turned toward him. He walked up to his wife and hugged her.

“How was your day Olowo Ori mi(Husband)” She teased, welcoming him with smiles.

“My day was awesome. Though I wish I could escape work earlier just to help you out with all these” He gestured referring to the cooking.

“It’s okay, I'm not complaining. Guess who was here today!”

“Your Mum, my Mum. I don’t know. You tell me”

“Tara”

“Tara, Tara that had stopped picking my calls!” Olawale pointed out.

“Yes and I confronted her and she said she purposely ditched you because you are constantly taking your friend’s side” She opened the pot and stir the soup she was cooking. “She said you never reason with her”

“Imagine, doesn’t anyone school her on how to act in marriage. She is so insensitive” Olawale scoffed.

“Judging from everything Tara told me today, she doesn’t sound like somebody who is ready to change at all. I only pity Uncle Femi” She said and covered the pot and turned off the gas.

“She should thank her star that she married a guy like Femi, if not, she would have heard by now that her very own husband now has two children or more outside wedlock”

“You are right, honey. He would have even brought the mistress home if he wants to act like a typical African man” Debby added.

“I know my friend will be happy someday. I wished she can marry that girl” He slipped.

“What girl. Is Uncle Femi cheating? Because Tara mentioned it but I told her she was only assuming things in her head. Is he seeing someone?” She asked curiously.

“He’s not. They are just friend but my friend has started tasting happiness ever since he met her”

“But he has to be careful, so the devil will not….”

“You know what? Let’s eat, because at this point, I don’t care. God forgive me but life is short. Femi deserves to be with a good woman!” He poured out.

“Calm down Olawale. I know but we have to be patient. Patience can cook a stone soft. We’ll continue to pray for their family”

“Imagine the girl I’m talking about even joined Femi in prayer for his wife, all because they want Tara to change”

“Hmm….that’s a very good female friend Uncle Femi got himself. She attested.

“And that is what I’m saying that girl should be a wife and not just a friend”

“There’s nothing we can do about that. What God has joined together….” She said and Olawale shakes his head slowly, he was really feeling pained for Femi.

“What is that Tara's problem sef. She too should change nau, is she the first model in the world!”Olawale said with a frustrating tone.

“I know how you are feeling but all will be well” Debby calmed her husband and she sets the table.

Femi had pleaded effortlessly with Tara to accompany him to the ‘Under 40s CEO' Award but she said she will think about it. He kept on reminding her with the hope that she will go with him.
It was one week to the award night. Femi had to remind his wife of the award night again.

“Sweetheart the award is next week Friday, I hope you’ve saved the date”

“I have plans for that day. I won’t be coming!” She said, carrying a serious look.

“Tara! Did you just say you have plans! I’ve given you the date two month ago. It’s not as if you are not aware of this award before now. And now you are telling me you have plans. Tara this is so unfair”

“I don’t have that kind of time. I can’t go and waste my time on one award show when I have better things to do. More so, you can’t force your schedule on me”

“Tara, do you know how many fashion shows have attended in order to cheer you. Can you count all the supports I’ve given you from the beginning of your career even till now? And you are here saying it straight to my face that you are not interested in something that has a lot to do with my career!”

“Stop this sentiment Femi. Just stop! You have a function to attend in the business world while I also have a function to attend in the fashion world. So why can’t we just go to our separate functions in peace!”

“Tara, this is an award and your husband is part of the nominees”

“So!” She said scornfully.

“So? What if I win and was called upon…..” Tara didn’t allow him finish his statement.

“Don’t get over yourself, who told you you’ll win” She brushed him off.

“Tara! Did you just say that to my face? You don’t even wish me well and you call yourself my wife” He said disappointed and bitter at the same time.

“I’m only trying to be realistic here. Have you put into considerations the other nominees in that category? The Governor’s son is even in that same category. Reason why I said you should not get over yourself, husband!”

He looked at her all over again and just left her there in the sitting room where they were having the discussion.
Femi Brown went to Olawale’s place to check on him. Femi reminded him of the award night and he promised to be there alongside his wife. Femi was so happy to hear this. At least he now has two people who are willing to go with him.

“Tara will really be proud of you if you win. Maybe that’s the day the whole world will get to meet their super model's husband” Olawale said.

Debby walked in and joined the guys in their conversation.

“Your friend is right, Tara will be so proud if you win” She said.

Femi looked from husband to wife and shakes his head.
“What?” Olawale questioned.

He smiled bitterly. “Tara is not coming”

“Uncle Femi! You are joking right!” Debby said.

Olawale knew his friend we never crack that kind of joke, he was dead serious for him to say it out.

“She even told me not to get ahead of myself that I can’t win!”

“Jesus!” Debby exclaimed. Olawale only stood up and patted his friend’s shoulder.

The hurt was glaring in Femi’s eyes and Olawale really pitied him. There’s this statement that he always say in his head whenever Femi's marital issue comes to mind and that is ‘Femi didn’t deserve a woman like Tara’

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by iamgprince: 5:52am On Sep 18, 2019
To me this Femi guy is just a good weak man, imagine my wife behaving this way and i ... well sha make i no talk wentin de my mind. Thanks for the update op

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by genius43(m): 6:48am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the dedication.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaysmart4real(m): 7:41am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the Dedication Ma'am. Should i say Femi is a weakling or a Dedicated Husband? Well Patient,Toleration and Commitment are great Weapons let see how things goes
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2019
thanks for the mention Rachel. Am really feeling for femi.
Don't know why life is like this though, when the husband is good, the wife will be the bad. And when the husband is bad, the wife will be good.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2019
nice update Rachael
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by divinelypruned(f): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2019
I wish they can be a turn around for femi and Tammy.

Tara deserve to be left alone to value what she has. or be paired with another man who will treat her Bleep up. Nonsensical nonsense.

Thanks for the mention and this early morning tea.
A Pleasant day to you.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 10:00am On Sep 18, 2019
The tension is getting high here.
God is your strength Femi
Sweet popcorn for everyone here
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the dedication ma'am

What's Tara's problem sef?
This is getting too much
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Temmuizza(f): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2019
Thank you so much toyin for dis wonderful updates, really feeling for femi its so unfair to him
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for dedicating this chapter.
Tara the model who cant build her matrimonial home, sorry na your name very soon. Disrespecting your husband because he is a good man.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2019
Tara's disrespectful act is becoming alarming jare, she's not even proud of the man she got married to self angry
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasurewamiri(f): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2019
This Tara no well O! Why say it to Femi's face that he cannot win? Even if all the odds are against him, can't she just cheer him on? To me Tara never loved him in the first place he is just a trophy husband.
And what are friends and couple for if not for the inconveniences..
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Fijumokesayo(f): 11:01am On Sep 18, 2019
Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyy! Mama I made it! Thanks for the dedication dear, thank you.

Femi's gentleness is getting on my nerves but I understand what the writer is trying to do, she want us to see how much Femi had to endure if he eventually fall totally In love with Tammy. There's a limit to what a man can endure.

Small fame and Tara is acting like a spoilt child, tueh.

Tammy my dear, I'm rooting for you.

2 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by PrudySara(f): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2019
Nooo, oya take peck
Emex100:
let me come and take the kiss on his behalf now

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by PrudySara(f): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2019
There is a saying... "you don't know what you have until you lose it". I hope she comes back to her senses on time, else.....
Cheer up Femi, Tammy will be going with you to the award night tongue
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 11:41am On Sep 18, 2019
[quote author=rachealfst post=82333656]DEDICATION:
Babysuccess, Xeynab, Shola2019, Finumokesayo, oluwadabira, Ann2012, beldad, genius43, cubby4, queentener, Humbleness, izaray, BIGGIE121, kaysmart4real, Kaycee9242, Divineroyalty, Divinelypruned, Jagaban880, Treasurewamiri, iamgprince, Joecristiano7,Nwiboko26, cocotrendz, Nogodye, lonesome501, Ven97, Treasure17,
Lilly4endu, Wuhmie, garuzmarstk, Emex100

Thanks sweetie
This is getting serious and Tara is giving out Femi to Tammy
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 11:44am On Sep 18, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the dedication sis. Tara is very cocky. Heaven knows I won't tolerate all these nauseating drama with indelicate behaviour. Femi should be decisive please.

Thanks for the update.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Lilly4endu(f): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the dedication OP, Femi is a dedicated husband and his type are rare. God will see him through.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by akanji44(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
Where can we buy this book I’m honestly tired of the updates and suspense
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Cocotrendz(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
akanji44:
Where can we buy this book I’m honestly tired of the updates and suspense
Okadabooks
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by openmine(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
PrudySara:
Nooo, oya take peck
grin

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nwiboko26(f): 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the dedication. Chai. Femi really married the wrong woman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Take Me As I Am - A Love Story / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. / Three Sides Of A Coin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.