Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo (153234 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kimoyo: 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
Unfortunately, there are so many femis in the world. It's not the best place to be
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by bigbauer(m): 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
Great job as has become the usual with you. Rachaelfst. I've been ghosting for long, was on ghost mode the entire Pastor Zoned, it's time I came out to appreciate your work.

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
thanks for the dedication.More ink to your pen and thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
bigbauer:
Great job as has become the usual with you. Rachaelfst. I've been ghosting for long, was on ghost mode the entire Pastor Zoned, it's time I came out to appreciate your work.
Thanks so much I appreciate.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2019
Nwiboko26 please send a WhatsApp message to 08104210461.
Thanks.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
Waw!! this is great I must say. more ink to your pen OP
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nwiboko26(f): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2019
rachealfst:
Nwiboko26 please send a WhatsApp message to 08104210461.
Thanks.
OK thanks.I have done dat
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 3:39am On Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for the update.... Femi femo will definitely........ I just dey pity tara
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 7:48am On Sep 19, 2019
OP, pls can I just borrow Femi for a week sad?
By the time I'm done with him, he won't remember Ta not to talk about Tara grin
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2019
cheesy
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2019
On Monday morning the following week, which was the week of the award, Femi got to work and the company’s Human resource manager (HR) came to see him in his office.
“Have your sit” He said to him and the HR sat in front of him.
“Thank you sir, how was the weekend sir?” He asked and Femi replied.
“On behalf of the staff sir, I came to wish you the best at the award night that is coming up this weekend” He said.
Femi was happy for the support so he thanked him and told him to extend his appreciation to others for their well wishes.
“Can I send delegates to come for the award sir? Because I’m sure you are winning this Under 40s CEO award” He said confidently.
“Thanks for the vote of confidence but don’t bother to send any delegate, you people should just use your weekend to relax. I don’t want to bug anybody” He said.
“Okay sir. I’ll take my leave now” He said and left.
The HR's visit stirred Femi's emotion. In his mind he was like ‘my staff are even willing to come when my own wife refuse to. Others believe in me while my wife tells me I’m merely day-dreaming’ He thought and sighed heavily.
Tara's words hit him all morning but he tried all his best to stop thinking about it.
That very day before noon, Femi's designer delivered his tuxedo. He made some orders online in the early hours of the morning and it was all delivered that same day. So he is practically set for the award night.
He needed someone to help him check out the outfit to be sure that he had picked the right and suitable wear and also he needed someone to help him check his combinations even though the designer who made the tuxedo was one of the top designers in the country but he still needed someone to check it out.
He called his wife and informed him that he needed someone to help him check out the outfits he would be wearing for the award but he wasn’t surprise when he told her he doesn’t have time. The only advice Tara gave him is to get a wardrobe Manager.
Few minutes after he ended the call, Tamilore’s call came through. It was unusual of her because she hardly call, all in the name of not wanting to get emotionally attached. Femi does all the calling most times.
“I can’t believe you are calling me. This week will be great!” He said jokingly.
She laughed because he was right, the call was unusual.
“This week will be great indeed, because you are winning the award by God's grace” She prayed and that lifted Femi's Spirit.
“Amen. Thank you my dear friend” He said happily.
Anyway, For Femi, hearing Tammy's voice always feels good.
“I’m at the building next to your company. The chemical company” She informed.
“Retinis?”
“Yes’
“Doing what?”
“Official duty. I’ll check on you when I’m done here” She informed.
“It’s a lie, you want to come visit me!” He adjusted on his seat.
“See you later” She said and hangs up.
True to her words, she showed up after two hours. Femi was even thinking maybe Tammy wasn’t coming again or maybe she was only teasing him in the first place. So when his secretary called that he had a visitor he didn’t even think of Tammy until her name was mentioned.
Tammy walked into Femi's office. That was her second time in his office and Femi received her warmly. He walked her to the sofa and made her sit.
“Thank you…..” She said loving the treatment he was getting from the gentle man.
“I never knew your company deal with the Retinis chemical company”
“Yes we do. And guess what I’m still going back by 3pm. I’m through with the deal I came for but there’s still someone I want to meet with and I was told the person won’t be back until 3pm” She explained. He checked his wristwatch, it was 1:00pm
“Wow! So you’ll be here for like two hours. I love this” He confessed.
“Yes! I actually wanted to go back to work and come back by 3pm but I just changed my mind and here I am”
“This means a lot. Thanks”
“”Do you really need to thank me! Anyway, you are welcome” She smiled.
“What can I offer you?” He asked.
“Anything” She replied.
“Have you taken lunch?”
“No, I'll take lunch when I get back to the office. Just give me any chilled drink. That will do” She said.
“No way!” He said and went back to his desk to ring his secretary.
“Valentina, please get me the office assistance” He said and hang up.
“Your new secretary is also Valentina? Tammy questioned.
“You remember!”
“Of course, I do” She nodded.
“She also bears Valentina o. I was surprised too when I hired her. It’s like it’s my fate to have Valentinas as secretary. I only hope this one too won’t be a seductress at the end of the day”
“I don’t think so. I don’t read minds but I have a feeling that she’s a good person”
“I’ll be glad if she is” He said and they heard a knock.
The office assistance showed up and he compelled Tammy to order for the food she wanted to eat. She finally made her order after Femi agreed to eat together with her. Some minutes later they were both eating like the good friends they were.
“Come work for me” He said to her. Femi did not mind seeing her every day.
“You said what!”
“Come work for me” He repeated.
“I heard you the first time”
“So what do you say?”
“You are not serious!” She snapped at him.
“Huh!”
“I should come work for you so that we can complicate things, right!”
“Don’t you like the way we are right now. I don’t mind having lunch with you everyday”
“I repeat. Femi! You are not serious. In fact, seriousness is far from you. Femi you plan on getting your wife back and you still want to bring me fully into the picture. You want to get her back indeed!”
“Fine, maybe I wasn’t thinking when I said that, I know it can fuel suspicion and all but I think this is best for you. At least leaving that company will free you from your ex who got you the job”
“I don’t have a problem with my boss. Alex is a friend and he is not even on his Philip’s side”
“If you are comfortable over there, then it’s okay” He said.
Femi's phone rang. It was a business friend, Dora. She also called to congratulate him. She said she’ll be coming for the event to come cheer him. At some point during the phone call, Dora delved into other discussions that do not interest Femi. He knew the lady wants his attention and he doesn’t have time for her meet and greet.
Femi never knew Tammy had observed his countenance when he was on phone with the lady.
Tamilore butt in immediately he ended the call.
“I can tell you don’t really like the person you just spoke with on phone” She said.
“You mean Dora! I know what all the familiarity she was forming is all about. I don’t just know why some single ladies are bent on pressurizing married men into having an affair with them” He poured out.
“Femi I know there’s more to this. Oya spill” Tammy said ready to hear the full gist.
“Okay, I’ll tell you. Do you remember the conference I attended last month? The one I spent two days?” He asked and she quickly nodded.
“I had a little drama with this Dora. She works for one of the food companies very close to this place. I think she’s the production manager or something. So after the day one lecture, we all returned to the hotel where we lodged. You won’t believe this lady came to my hotel room knocking. Fine she wasn’t a stranger we do talk any time we have the opportunity to meet in conferences. I opened the door and she told me to let him in. You need to see the way she said it seductively”
“Ehn….en” Tamilore said and he continued.
“I knew what she wanted, so there was no need beating around the bush so I told her straight that I’m a married man who is not interested in extra marital affairs. I waved my ring finger at her and told her to have a good night rest then I locked my door”
“Wow! Femi to be sincere I really envied your life. You are so discipline. Despite the fact that you are not getting enough of your wife, you still turned down free sex”
“Nothing is free my dear, you’ll still pay for it one way or the other” He said.
“Hmm!” She sighed. “You are right Femi. Nothing is free. Someone will eventually pay the price”
“Yeah!”
“That reminds me, how is the preparation going? Hope you have prepared your speech cos you are sure going to win the award” She said and Femi smiled gratefully for having such a friend at a time like that in his life.
“Preparation is going on. My speech is ready trust me. My tux is also ready”
“Really”
“Yeah, I only need someone to help me check out the outfit”
“Your wife can do that. She’s a fashion model!”
“You think I haven’t ask her already but of course she told me to get a wardrobe manager instead”
“Ah!” She opened her mouth, not knowing what to say.
“And guess what, she also told me some days ago not to get over myself that I can’t win!”
“Ah Ah” She exclaimed again. “You know what let’s change the topic. I’m already having headache” Tammy said shaking her head in disbelief.
“Good, I want to take my mind off it as well. So I have a request”
“What request?”
“Will you help me check out my outfit? Everything is here in the office” He asked and she offered to help.
Tammy was wowed when she saw the D'berry designed tux, Alexander McQueen shoe, and the Ralph Lauren wrist watch.
“This outfit alone can earn you an award aside the business brain you’ve got” Tammy said praising his fashion taste.
“You are saying……”
“I am saying….This is perfect Femi” He was really elated to hear that. He thanked her for the compliment.
“Now Tara can keep her fashion opinion to herself” He said in his mind.
Tammy checked the time on her wrist watch. The chemical company told her to check back by 3pm and she had just few minutes left.
“I need to run” She said already up standing. He stood up too, gave her a hug and thanked her for stopping by.
“I really appreciate this visit” He had said. He offered to walk Tammy to her car but she objected and left.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasurewamiri(f): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2019
Na small small pig snout dey enter garden. Ride on. Femi is a good man with true Christian virtues. Tammy is really trying to keep her emotions in check.

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 10:29am On Sep 19, 2019
I'm loving Tammy's positive vibe

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2019
Femi is a very jentle man

Thanks for the update Racheal
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaysmart4real(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2019
Tara should better get sense before he loses Femi. Tammy self is only trying so hard not to fall for Femi . Nice Update Ma'am[i]Tara should better get sense before he loses Femi. Tammy self is only trying so hard not to fall for Femi . Nice Update Ma'am[/i]Tara should better get sense before he loses Femi. Tammy self is only trying so hard not to fall for Femi . Nice Update Ma'am
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2019
Tammy my girl... hundred percent wife material.
Thanks for the update Racheal.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by iamdynamite(m): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
Someone like Femi is really hard to comeby, despite what he is facing at home he is still quite discipline. me i no fit ooo
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Gracy3535(f): 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
grin kiss kiss cheesy The way am grinning here......
Thanks Ma
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by divinelypruned(f): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by daddio(m): 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
rachealfst:
Invite: YoungBruzzy Pinkfeet Aforke27 rosebuzz genius43 rubby001 Durhleepee Fijumokesayo Ann2012 solmantb Divineroyalty efeteb zeejewel Jagaban880 daddio jaydave226 GeniusHawlah Janesquare efeteb Oluwakemisolami
I'm here sister, good bless you.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Lilly4endu(f): 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2019
Oga Femi i dey salute you oooh
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by estygoldy(f): 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2019
Las las tammy will marry femi.. This tara should just die
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Temmuizza(f): 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for dis update ma am,really appreciate u alot
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for the update..
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:25am On Sep 20, 2019
Dedication:
Youngbruzzy, Ettabe195, emmytemmy, uchedora, maxipharo, skubido, PrudySara, duruZed, Haredes, Odoogu, Blessinzy, damiscrown28, coscleyl12, damselposh, pelujam, kamchizzy, Hanibal, Rahyberg, estygoldy, Gnvl, Elquddus100, iamgprince, aprilwise, Sharonmum08, Youngados

The award night came. True to Tara's words, she dressed up and went for her function. She even left before her husband. Femi dressed up and stepped out of the house looking like a god-in-suit. His driver was already set to take him. He had prepared the car, he is riding in his Commando latest model.
At quarter past 7pm, they left the house. The red carpet started 7:00pm as soon as he arrived the venue, he took to the red carpet. Then he sighted his friend, Olawale and his wife. They took pictures together on the red carpet.
“You came alone” Olawale whispered to Femi after they were through taking pictures.
“I think I told you that Tara isn’t coming!” He whispered back. Debby was busy taking selfie behind them.
“Whose talking about Tara, I mean Tammy”
“Oh! Tammy won’t come, you know there will be paparazzi everywhere and she’s kind of avoiding unnecessary rumors.” He explained.
“I really wish she is here but I understand” He said.
“What about your staff, is anyone coming?” Olawale asked. They were no longer whispering.
“Is it necessary? Me I told them not to bother”
“Femi! Why? Anyway, let’s go in and win” He said and took his pregnant wife by the hand as they entered into the hall. The three sat right beside each other.
Some minutes later the show commenced. Some invited artiste performed. Comedians too performed and the night was really looking great.
“Hi handsome” A female voice whispered from behind. Femi turned to see who it was, it was his business friend, Dora.
He feigned a smile. “Hi” He replied her.
She looked at Femi's side and saw a free sit.
“Can I sit?”
“No, it’s occupied” Debby snapped. Wondering where Femi knew the Delilah from with her face all painted.
“Oh! Okay” Dora said to her and turned to Femi. “I’ll see you around, all the best” She said and left.
“Debby! What was that for and don’t tell me its pregnancy hormone” Olawale said to his wife.
“I don’t like the aura of that lady at all” She replied her husband.
Femi was quiet, he smiled as he watched the couple’s drama.
“What if she was invited by Femi?”
“I trust Uncle Femi, he won’t invite that Delilah!”
“Delilah!” Femi laughed.
If only Dora knew she was addressed as Delilah, maybe she would stop disturbing him.
“See Uncle Femi is laughing, he doesn’t like her too” Debby said.
“She’s right. I didn’t invite her and please stop this Mr and Mrs soap opera. Hun!” He said and returned his gaze back to the front stage. Still smiling at the word ‘Delilah’
“Who is she?” Olawale whispered at Femi.
“We’ll talk about that later” He replied and focused on the artiste that was performing.
Some minutes later when the show was still going on, Femi had another voice whispered from behind.
“Hi” The female voice said and this voice was the voice he’ll recognize even in his sleep.
“Tammy!” He said and turned to face her. The name Femi mentioned drew the attention of Olawale and his wife. Debby was the first to turn her head to see the Tammy she had heard of but never met. She even heard when her husband was asking after her from Femi on the red carpet. She only pretended as if she heard nothing when the two were whispering.
Debby saw her and liked her immediately. “This is what I call a modest lady not that Delilah” She said in her mind.
“That seat is free. You can take it” Debby said pointing at the seat beside Femi. Olawale and Femi looked at each other. This is the same woman who sent another lady away.
“Thanks for the offer but I already got a sit over there” Tammy said pointing to her right side.
“We insist, sit with us” Olawale said on behalf of himself, wife and friend. She thanked him and took her seat.
“Your wife, right” She asked and Olawale nodded. Debby stretched forth her hand for a handshake.
“Nice meeting you. I’ve had a lot about you. Although…..via whispering words and little eavesdropping” Debby said and everyone laughed. Thank God they didn’t sit in the fore front of the hall.
“My pleasure ma” She replied with a smile.
“My God, she even has respect” Debby said in her mind.
Then everyone shifted their attention back to the stage except Femi who stole some glances at Tammy and she caught him. She was putting on a long black gown with gold accessories. Her packing gel hair style also projected her already beautiful face making her look more beautiful and younger.
“Let me know when you are done checking me out” She whispered at Femi.
“You look beautiful” He complimented.
“Shouldn’t you be nervous, a nominee for that matter! She whispered back.
“You are welcome” He smiled.
Debby too was stealing glances at the two, she stylishly called her husband’s attention so he could see what she is seeing.
“The two looks like love birds” She whispered in her husband’s ear.
“Shh! Mind your business wifey” Olawale said and shifted his gaze back to the stage.
Debby was just blushing at the sight of the two, they looked so compatible. Just like her husband had said to her sometimes ago, she also wished Femi had married someone like Tammy.
Afterwards, the host invited to the stage the people who are to present the awards as they presented each category one after the other.
Then finally the last category of award was called.
“The award for the under 40 CEO of the year” The male presenter said.
“And the nominees are” The female presenter called out the names that was also projected on the projector.
“Jimi Fashola
Agbo James
Femi Brown
Adeleke Emmanuel”
“And the winner is…..”
“Femi Brown” The presenters chorused and the crowd cheered him.
Femi left his seat and headed for the stage with his friend and wife but Tammy stayed back. To Femi's surprise, he saw crowds with him on the stage and by the time he looked over them, they were all his workers in the company. He also spotted Dora. Even his secretary who just sent a text a while ago was also there. He was elated.
Then it was time to give his speech.
“First and foremost, I dedicate this award to God. I give all the glory to Almighty God who had brought me this far. I use to think that I’m all alone in this world but God always have a way to proof me wrong at every point in time. To my late Parent, I thank you for moulding and shaping me into what I am today. I want to say thank you to a very good friend, my brother from another mother and his wife” He pointed at Olawale. I also want to thank all my staff who are present here tonight. You took me by surprise because I never saw this coming. To my wife and family, I say thank you. And to a very special friend of mine, who gives me joy and peace” He pointed at the crowd with his gaze fixed on Tammy. “Thank you!” He continued.
“To every nominee in this category, I know everyone of you deserve this. I wish you all that I wish myself. I pray God will take your businesses to a global height. And lastly to the organizers of this award and everyone that voted for me, I say a big thank you. God bless you all. Once again, I say thank you” He said and the crowd cheered him as they gave him a standing ovation because of his wonderful speech.
The show came to an end and Tammy joined them at the back stage where Debby had the chance to chat more with her. All his staff too joined them at the back stage as they all celebrated the win. They brought wine and can drinks and small chops. Femi was surprised when they started bringing all this things out the car.
“How are you guys so sure that I’ll win” He asked curiously when he saw all the arrangements they had made before hand. He was just so happy.
Did he miss his wife? Of course who wouldn’t when other people graced the occasion with their significance order. They all danced in twos but Tammy tried as much as possible to avoid dancing with him. Cameras were everywhere. Debby made sure she was by Tammy's side all through the after- party. When the whole show was over they all left in their various cars.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasurewamiri(f): 8:06am On Sep 20, 2019
This Tara no well O! Now that Femi won the award what would she do?
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 8:21am On Sep 20, 2019
rachealfst:
Dedication:
Youngbruzzy, Ettabe195, emmytemmy, uchedora, maxipharo, skubido, PrudySara, duruZed, Haredes, Odoogu, Blessinzy, damiscrown28, coscleyl12, damselposh, pelujam, kamchizzy, Hanibal, Rahyberg, estygoldy, Gnvl, Elquddus100, iamgprince, aprilwise, Sharonmum08, Youngados

Thanks a lot for the Dedication and update. U too much..

Like as e dey go
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaysmart4real(m): 8:24am On Sep 20, 2019
This very episode takes tears from my eye. Tara wouldnt know the Value of what she has until it becomes what she had
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2019
nice update dear
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by iamgprince: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2019
thanks for the update ma
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 20, 2019
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Take Me As I Am - A Love Story / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. / Three Sides Of A Coin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.