Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (111557 Views)

Why Do Muslims Face The East ? / Why Do Muslims Face Mecca When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Face The Moon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 2:30am On May 25, 2007
besides, all of a sudden you have nothing to add to the topic beyond merely looking for where David has been "caught". What a shame.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by WesleyanA(f): 2:36am On May 25, 2007
lmao. cheesy cheesy

I have the right to stop people like you from wrongly accusing others, who are speaking the truth, with your long, twisted, going around the circle, and beating around the bush, posts.

just like the other thread. some one quoted Jesus in her post in response to your anti-islam comments. the quote was "any one among you who is not a sinner cast the first stone"
and you replied that Jesus was the first to kick traders and business people out of the temple.

but. . . was Jesus a sinner?

my point: your arguments don't make any sense 50% of the time.
and on religious threads about christianity and islam, they make sense 0% of the time.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 3:48am On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 3:50am On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 4:50am On May 25, 2007
cuz that's were kaba at.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 5:03am On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 5:09am On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 5:19am On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem:

David, on behalf of the Talibans. The only reason u made it through this whole week is because a real real muslim person. Don't waste their time on the internet. Instead they devote praying all day. But they will heaar about u. Thats what determine your time left. undecided

So when they are not praying they devote the rest of the day to killing others?

grin grin grin grin And they claim to be all about "peace", they claim to be tolerant, they say "your religion to you and mine to me", he just claimed Muhammad prayed with christians in the same building! What a bundle of contradiction. I do not fear what you or your fellows threaten to do to me: here is what my God says to me;

Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

Isaiah 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

My dear, if my Father be for me not even the whole hordes of Iraqi insurgents and allah's slaves can EVER be against me. Answer the questions if indeed your religion is of god! You don't have to fight for a god you claim hears your prayers.

Were is the ignorant high school kid WeslyanA? Where are the "i am a christian too" appologetics? they only see and "catch" christians. Are they reading Al Raheem's post? Next week when u accuse islam of terrorism they would be the first to jump down your throat with their hypocritical "love your neighbour, thou shalt not judge" sermons. At least after so much pressure, al raheem has unwittingly admitted what many of us were never afraid to declare boldly. Islam is NOT about peace!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by nossycheek(f): 11:03am On May 25, 2007
@Davidylan

Fear not the rantings and ramblings of the Philistines for the lord has already delivered them unto your hands.

Exodus 14:13
And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever

Psalm 1:5
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Isaiah 7:7
Thus saith the Lord GOD, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

Isaiah 8:10
Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

Instead of muslims to address issues they often resort to name calling and empty threats. Their trademark!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mukina2: 1:06pm On May 25, 2007
Instead of muslims to address issues they often resort to name calling and empty threats. Their trademark! [

and wats yours
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 25, 2007
condemning muslims to the hottest part of hell grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by nossycheek(f): 2:16pm On May 25, 2007
oyb:

Why the constant worry about that. At least the qur'an said you will all pass through hell.  :  cool[

mukina2:

and wats yours

At least now that you have stopped sobbing about the terrorist issue, we can go on with the issue.  grin
Welcome
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mrpataki(m): 2:39pm On May 25, 2007
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So there's another muslim in the house! Welcome Al Raheem grin grin

Please address the issues and stop ferreting for troubles. If you dont know better, ask babs787.

If you want to raise issues with people here, then be prepared for what you get! cool
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 25, 2007
mukina2:

and wats yours

It will do you a world of good to quietly ignore this thread because Al Raheem has just stoked the fire. when someone completely unrelated to the religion thread and ON the sports thread called you a terrorist, you came crying and sobbing on the religion thread looking for sympathy. Why have you not rebuked Al Raheem? Or are you trying to pretend not to see his clear but empty threats?

oyb:

Allah has declared that already. You don't need us to remind u.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 3:51pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 25, 2007

must be in that special version of the Quran you keep referring to.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2007
oyb:

But oyb, is it not the Qur'an that says EVERY muslim will ENTER into hell fire (Sura 19:71)??  
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 25, 2007
oyb:

must be in that special version of the Quran you keep referring to.

Perhaps you need to update your quran

Sura (19:70-72) - "And surely We are Best Aware of those most worthy to be burned therein. There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord. Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there."
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem:

what does hell mean ?

I understand that in Islamic theology, it is the unpleasant place meant for every that Allah hates.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 4:01pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 25, 2007
Levels of Hell

To all are degrees or ranks according to their deeds.”
[an-An'am, 6: 132]

“Is the man who follows the good pleasure of Allah like the one who draws upon himself the wrath of Allah and whose abode is in Hell – an evil refuge? They are varying grades in the sight of Allah, and Allah sees well all that they do.”
[ali'-Imran, 3: 162-163]

“Indeed the hypocrites are in the[b] lowest depths [/b] of the Fire; you will find no helper for them.”
[an Nisa, 4: 145]

perhaps you need to refer back to comparatives and superlatives.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2007
@davidylan,

davidylan:

Sura (19:70-72) - "And surely We are Best Aware of those most worthy to be burned therein. There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord. Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there."

I guess that translation is by Pickthall. Other translators use the softer euphemism of "pass over it" (YusufAli and Hilali-Khan); "come to it" (Shakir and Sher Ali). But as Palmer and Arberry correctly translate the phrase, it should simply read:

"go down to it" - that is, to go down into hell.

This is confirmed even in the popular tafsir (Islamic commentary) used by scholars in Islamic theology.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 25, 2007
@ oyb
I thought you said going to hell was not in the quran?  grin

You havent said anything differently from what Surah 19 was trying to explain. ALL muslims will go to hell, whatever level they will be put is of no relevance as there are no special airconditioners in hell to cool those who sinned the least. Allah says eventually based on the weight of your sins some of you will make the grade from hell to jannah.

The bottomline, you are all headed for hell. Behold it is in your own quran! I didnt put it there neither did the jews.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 4:07pm On May 25, 2007
davidylan:

I thought you said going to hell was not in the quran? grin

Truth is beginning to come. . . and something must perish! grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2007
Next question:

Since ALL Muslims will go down into HELL (instead of pass over it), does the Qur'an also tell Muslims how to get out of HELL alive? 
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem:

What does Sheol means?
close those sites u are in u talkin zombies

Fair enough - "those sites" are Muslim sites; but even if I close them, I have them all in books open before me.  cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 25, 2007
oyb:

perhaps you need to refer back to comparatives and superlatives.

My dear, "comparatives and superlatives" have long been the escape route for desperate scholars seeking ways to smooth over the numerous errors, contradictions and most unpleasant areas of the quran.  grin
In order to avoid this, they first told us once the quran was translated out of the arabic it had become meaningless. Now they are grasping at "comparatives and superlatives". Which one do we accept?  grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 25, 2007
davidlyan, you will always hear what you want to hear , see what you want to see, and quote people according to your own context.(is that that the way of modern academics? grin)

there is a world of difference between the hottest part of hell and going to hell.(or did you skip over those parts of the Quran, cherry picking what is most suitable for your current arguments? grin)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.