Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (111556 Views)

Why Do Muslims Face The East ? / Why Do Muslims Face Mecca When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Face The Moon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 21, 2007
osanobua!!

Muhammad was pissing towards the quiblah?
Didn't he also say they should marry not more than 4 wives and he had multiples of 4 plus those his right hand possesed.
do as I say,not as I do?

A man who couldn't even stick to his own rules
was he tempting allah or what?
enough about this religion of piss grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 21, 2007
This pissing away from the quiblah will never work in naija,NEVER

I've seen men facing walls and trees while pissing,I've never seen a mallam facing the mainroad and relieving himself
You can't tell me quiblah always coincides with hidden places,sometimes quiblah must definitely be in the direction of the motorists ,for instance on Ikorodu road not always away from them grin

Muhammad may have simply been facing away from the main caravan route,he didn't want his "kini"a subject of a juicier  hadith. grin grin grin

Telly B:

@nuru,

I promised to come come back later this evening to tidy up your rejoinder just above; but perhaps you left as posted. In due course, I'll be bringing out a few concerns from them.

------------------

Meanwhile, just for the records. I've been quite concerned about this whole business about what direction a Muslim is commanded to face - not only in prayer, but also in answering nature's callcool

This is not about some playing funny with your cherished beliefs in Islam; but what do I make of the following inconsistencies that suggest that Muhammad probably did not keep the injunction he served upon others? Sample these:

Abu-Dawud, Book 1, Number  0010
Narrated Ma'qil ibn AbuMa'qil al-Asadi: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him)
has forbidden us to face the two qiblahs at the time of urination or excretion.

Abu-Dawud, Book 1, Number  0013
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: The Prophet of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) forbade us
to face the qiblah at the time of making water. Then I saw him facing it (qiblah)
urinating or easing himself one year before his death.

Sahih Bukhari, Book 4, # 147
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: People say, "Whenever you sit for answering the call of nature,
you should not face the Qibla or Bait-ulMaqdis (Jerusalem)." I told them. "Once I went up the
roof of our house and I saw Allah's Apostle answering the call of nature while sitting on two
bricks facing Bait-ul-Maqdis (Jerusalem) (but there was a screen covering him.'
(FatehAl-Bari, Page 258, Vol. 1).

Sahih Bukhari, Book 4, # 150
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: I went up to the roof of Hafsa's house for some job and I saw
Allah's Apostle answering the call of nature facing Sham (Syria, Jordan, Palestine and
Lebanon regarded as one country) with his back towards the Qibla. (See Hadith No. 147).

Could you help shed some light on these seemingly contradicting adventures?

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 21, 2007
I have a question @tellyb,when the muslims are asked to face away from the quiblah when defecating,is it that that their faces should not face the quiblah during the act or that the backside not release the contents of the cannon towards mecca,because me thinks the direction of the rectal contents ought to be of more importance,please teach me,I'm eager to know cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 7:24am On May 22, 2007
Lol @babyosisi,

Well, admittedly that's a very difficult one for me. I'm still trying to grapple with what is actually meant by facing neither A nor B; and then to be seen doing the same things that the law-giver expressly forbids others. Again, there are two things one must carefully notice here: (a) it all depends on the orientation of the person in question; (b) it is no big deal in some instances as long as a 'screen' is covering the person (whatever is meant by the 'screen').

Yet, the two issues above present huge problems. To face neither directions of the two Qiblahs (Mecca and Jerusalem) may be utterly impossible for so many Muslims in other parts of the world. Again, a good knowledge of geographic positioning is necessary for people who are quite distant from the two centers and may not be properly oriented towards their true east or west (don't forget the two easts and two wests mentioned in Qur'an 55:17). This is why we read recently about the gaffe of prisoners who had been answering nature's call in the wrong orientation.

The second problem is how to understand what is considered the 'screen'. Is it just anything in front of someone (like a wall, a tree, a camel, or a mess)? Or is it something else that is yet undefined? If the 'screen'/cover sorts of blocks the view or front of the person answering nature's call so that their 'business' does not collide or allign with the direction of the qiblahs; then what happens when such 'screens' are blocking the same person when praying?

These are the more germane questions that our Muslim friends should seek to proffer answers to, because they lie within the purview of this very topic about facing a particular direction (the Qiblahs) to pray - and as well in the connection of answering nature's call.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by nuru(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2007
" Christianity is ALL about ONE GOD! "

Congratulations to anybody that believes in One God.

" First and foremost, Sango, Ogun, Ifa religions ALL connote and emphasis the worship of "one god", "

That is a lie. Ask any yorubaman, they will explain to you that Sango and Ogun worshipers believe in multiple dieties.

'' It is Islam and Mohamed who have mischieviously misled millions by reading 3 God's into the bible ''

If you disbelieve the god of the father, son and holy ghost and believe One God as did Jesus, then congrats again.

" What are the historical evidences that prove that Islam existed before the 7th century? Where is the lost injil and torah? Why did Allah refuse to make a single reference to the quran, Mohamed, ka'aba, salat, hadith e.t.c. before the 7th century? "

Even as corrupted as the Bible is, reference to true worship of One God as preached by earlier Apostles has not been totally edited out. Read Mark 12 Verses 28, 29 etc. As for Salat, read Nehemiah 8 vs 4- 6 (KJV) and Jesus taught the disciples the rudiment of Wudu, ablution and even sworn that anybody that does not do it has no part of him.

" There is one major problem with this account, as at the time Muhammad claimed to have been transported to the temple mount it had ceased to exist more than 500 years ago! "

What is your source of information. Even lets for a minute assume your source is right, the spot at least is still known. And the Quran talks of its blessed precincts, for you to understand clearly.

" Meanwhile, just for the records. I've been quite concerned about this whole business about what direction a Muslim is commanded to face - not only in prayer, but also in answering nature's call. "

The question of where a Muslim should face during Salat has been answered convincingly on the thread for men/women of understanding.

As for answering the call of nature, that is a topic for another thread but a little glimpse is here. If the Hadith books records that the Prophet faced a particular direction during the call of nature and forbade Muslims from facing same direction, so be it. The Muslims must obey his advise because he is the Prophet of God. He is the one the received the revelations and he is the one that knows its application. Afterall none of his companions accompanied him on The saintly journey that he undertook. The example is like that of Jesus Christ who neither had a wife, nor children, nor built a house, nor owned a means of transport, but did not forbid anybody from them. We followers of Jesus will not say because he led an ascetic life, we will not enjoy these Favors of God.

I hope you can see that it is what the Prophets says you do, that you do. And what he forbids, you forbid and if he sees you doing something and did not dissuade you , then that thing is among the things permitted for you. The is the principle of Hadith and Sunnah, for men/women of understanding.

" Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans;
and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say,
"We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning
and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.
-- Qur'an 5:82. ''

God did not need to impress anybody with His Revelations. He has only forwarned the nu slims of the reality of life for a believer. Come to think of it, Christians at least have a vague idea of what to believe in Jesus Christ and the Muslims believe wholeheartedly in the same prophet while the Jews outrightly rejected him and the idolaters don't even know him. Is God's statement not right. There are among Christians those who are celibates and they remain humble even in their celibacy. Is God not right

Even as we write today, the Jews are still the main enemies of Muslims, forget all these nonsense that ignorantly over-zealous Christians are spewing on this forum. Even some of you Christians are being funded covertly by Jews to attack Islam without your knowledge. Go and fined out about the one-eyed Zionists and get the jist.

The Muslim nation is best, most justly balanced ever raised for mankind. We command to what is right and forbid what is evil but only the men of understanding will know.

May the peace of God continue to abide with all the Prophets of God and all righteous believers.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TSingerr(m): 10:36am On May 22, 2007
Even as corrupted as the Bible is, reference to true worship of One God as preached by earlier Apostles has not been totally edited out. Read Mark 12 Verses 28, 29 etc. As for Salat, read Nehemiah 8 vs 4- 6 (KJV) and Jesus taught the disciples the rudiment of Wudu, ablution and even sworn that anybody that does not do it has no part of him.

Nuru you have committed a fundamental offence against christianity. You don't just talk about christianity like that. I don't know shishi about the quran but I'm sure that it preaches self control somewhere. God said in the Bible that He has exlted His word above His name. The Bible is sacred. Dont say it is corrupted because I have not seen a more contradictory book than the quran. You've committed a grave offence and you had better repent before God smites you. cry
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2007
@nuru,

I must commend your efforts to be restrained in your expressions when dealing with this very passionate topic. However, I've observed that you really haven't taken the time to investigate the claims in the Qur'an, and that's rpobably why you seem to be offering convenient answers that still are wide of berth.

At any rate, i'll take the time to walk you through some of the issues you haven't dealt with; and I'll try to be balanced when doing so.

Regards. smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2007
@T Singerr,

T Singerr:

Nuru you have committed a fundamental offence against christianity. You don't just talk about christianity like that. I don't know shishi about the quran but I'm sure that it preaches self control somewhere. God said in the Bible that He has exlted His word above His name. The Bible is sacred. Dont say it is corrupted because I have not seen a more contradictory book than the quran. You've committed a grave offence and you had better repent before God smites you. cry

Well, let's give him the benefit of doubt at the moment. At least, he has a different appraoch to issues than the rascals who hurt their religion the more by trying to play the "tit-for-tat" game. Some of the issues you have expressed will be taken up in my next post later today, Lord willing.

Respects. smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by batu: 11:43am On May 22, 2007
If Muslims do not know why he kissed the stone, that is not enough to say Muslims do not have enough reason to do as the Prophet did. We hear and we obey.  Call us 'Zombies' for God and we will like it. Afterall, he Muhammad is best example to follow for anybody that desire peace in this world and in the hereafter. Well some don't even believe in the hereafter. Sorry for you.

@all,
I have been reading this particular thread but I dont think I have ever come across a more disgusting, disappointing, ungodly statement as above in all threads.
This is the typical Islamic mindset, and you cannow see why a bunch of young kids will easily kill an unharmed woman simply because they are following examples and dictates they's seen their elders do before as taught in the masjids. God did not create humanity to be a Zombie, if God wanted Zombies he would not breath soul/mind into the nostrils of mankind.
Dear Nuru, there is a different between not knowing the reason for a particular action, and not wishing to know the reason. While the former is ignorance, the latter is foolishness. Unfortunately, with your words above, both appears to be encouraged for an obedient muslim, hence it becomes a pseudo-virtue. Nay, it is more of a trick of the devil to keep you from knowing thr truth. The one and only true/living God desires a relationship with mankind, God wants mankind to use wisdom in ways that will glorify him alone. How can the same God tell you to do something without letting you know the reason he wants you to do it. That is a trick of the devil; the same trick 'it' used on Adam/Eve in the garden of Eden and it is called deception. Facing the east, kissing and bowing down to a stone, etc without truly knowing why you do them, apart from simply 'allah-says-so-through-muhammed' is NOT obedience, it is foolishness; and it is deception of Satan. Islam is a satanic instrument (let truth be told without fear), but most muslims are ignorant of this fact for the very same reason quoted from Nuru above, as well as threat of beheading for 'knowing' the truth. Note, I am not saying muslims are knowingly satanists, but that through ignorance, they've submitted themselves to "worship a god (satan) whom they do not know." DECEPTION!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 11:52am On May 22, 2007
Lol @batu,

The very 'deception' that we read in Islam is what we're challenging on the Forum (I stand to be corrected) - in just the same way that our Muslim friends have continually been reading 'deception' into the Christian faith.

It is obvious that so many claims in Islam cannot survive even their own scrutiny; and the convenient thing has always been to pass them off as "Allah knows best" - even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

We do hope that some of them will come to terms with what they have been held by rote, but which have no substance in reality beyond Muhammad's claims (most of which were simply personal and not divine revelations).
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 22, 2007
nuru:

1. The usual muslim confusion. In one breath the bible is corrupt and yet you struggle so desperately to smuggle islam into it?

2. Your nonsense about "true worship of One God" is laughable. Christianity is about the worship of the one true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who manifested Himself in 3 offices in order to establish a relationship with us His children.

Mark 12: 28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
  29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

You have said absolutely nothing new, every genuine christian worships Jesus Christ, the same who manifested Himself as Jehovah in the Old testament (God the father), the same one who came in the flesh to die for you and me (Emmanuel - God with us) and later came to dwell IN us in the form of the Holy Spirit (God in us). Why has islam blinded you to believe your false religion of idols is truly about one god when it is only about one demon?

3. Nehemiah 8: 4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.
  5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:
  6 And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with their faces to the ground.

Where did Jesus teach the Wudu, salat and ablution to His disciples? In your lost injil? You are simply ignorant beyond belief!  shocked

You simply see a verse in Nehemiah about the Jews falling on their faces before the Lord and automatically assume it is salat? Why is there NO mention of ablution, facing the east, praying with beads?

Before fracturing verse 6 into pieces just so u can pick the one that best suits your islamic agenda look closely at verses 1 - 3 :

1 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel.
2 And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month.
3 And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law.

Now let us assume that since the bible is corrupted (according to dear old "prophet" mohammed) and the islamic torah is lost, this "book of the law of Moses that Ezra read is NOT the torah that allah allegedly sent down and confirmed.
Based on that assumption we can equally concur that the "Lord, the great God" that Ezra was blessing in verse 6 is NOT the allah of the quran. Therefore it is clear that when the children of Isreal bowed down their faces to the ground to worship God, it could NOT have been salat because the God of Isreal did not command them so.

Look closely at the preceeding phrase in verse 6 that you deliberately/mischievously/conveniently chose to ignore; "and all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands", since when did Amen, Amen and lifting up their hands become part of the islamic salat? Why o why are men so deluded and blinded by the deception of the evil one?

nuru:

" There is one major problem with this account, as at the time Muhammad claimed to have been transported to the temple mount it had ceased to exist more than 500 years ago! "

What is your source of information. Even lets for a minute assume your source is right, the spot at least is still known. And the Quran talks of its blessed precincts, for you to understand clearly.

We don't need sources here, the temple of Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70, Muhammad and his fairy tale journey to Jerusalem did not occur until the 7th century. How could he have seen a temple that did not exist and even succeeded in counting the number of doors there? There is simply NO way to explain away this discrepancy without making you out as an ignorant, deluded deciever!
The record in the hadith CLEARLY mentions the temple, the ring the prophets used and the number of doors in the temple and NOT merely "the spot at least is still known"!

I was brought al-Burg who is an animal white and long, larger than a donkey but smaller than a mule, who would place his hoof at a distance equal to the range of vision. I mounted it and came to the Temple (Bait-ul Maqdis in Jerusalem), then tethered it to the ring used by the prophets. (Sahih Muslim, Vol. 1, p. 101).

what "spot" was mohammed talking about here?

nuru:

Even as we write today, the Jews are still the main enemies of Muslims, forget all these nonsense that ignorantly over-zealous Christians are spewing on this forum. Even some of you Christians are being funded covertly by Jews to attack Islam without your knowledge. Go and fined out about the one-eyed Zionists and get the jist.

You ignorant slave of the devil. Is not this what your "prophet" claimed on his dying bed?

'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and

kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees,  and  the

rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind

me, come and kill him.'
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 22, 2007
Nice response there david,I wish I could clone you,batu and tellyB into several cheesy.
I tire for this nuru guy.
How can the Bible be corrupt and yet Mohammed and Islam can be found in the Bible by Muslims?
What a desperate attempt by men grasping at straws!!

The only scriptures that fit mohammed to the "T" is the one about false prophets who shall arise and deceive many,leading them to hell.

We all know Mohammed died by the hands of a Jewish woman who fed him ota pia pia in a juicy lamb roast but that's no reason to hate Jews or it it one of those zombie acts Muslims must do wihout questioning because Mohammed says so?

The words of a "loving" prophet.
'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and

kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees,  and  the

rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind

me, come and kill him.'
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by nossycheek(f): 2:55pm On May 22, 2007
from albatros
(2)God says in the Quran that Jesus didn't die.He was raised up and it was made to appear to his persecutors that they killed him.Interestingly,Hebrew 5:7 says Jesus prayed to God not to be killed and his prayer was answered.Where does that leave the whole crucification thing?

Just as MO thought he was sleeping with his 9 wives when he wasn't? Pissed off!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 22, 2007
nossy where have you been?
long time
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by nossycheek(f): 3:57pm On May 22, 2007
babyosisi:

nossy where have you been?
long time

Lol, I decided to take a break like I earlier said to allow edgy nerves of our muslims to cool but promised to come back on board if they dare stir the bees nest again.

Just passing by and decided to respond to another apologist.

Babyosisi, been reading all the debates and its been educating and interesting. What of Mr Osisi & the kids? Hope fine.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TSingerr(m): 4:22pm On May 22, 2007
Oga Nuru, No sentiments against you but I don't think you should deviate to Christians serving one God or literally mocking the trinity. See let me enlighten you in the best way I can. There are three Gods in 1. You can also view it like this, three component units integrate to form one God. God the Father being like the chairman of the board. Jesus Christ, our Saviour and intercessor, His role simply entails Him pleading for us anytime we misbehave and reminding God the Father that He should have mercy on us and God being merciful not only to man but to Jesus who died for us answers because of Christ's death! The Holy Spirit is our friend. He leads and guides us in the way we should to go. He's the one who most times communicates to us through our conscience. He's a gentleman in other words. They all make up the One God we serve. Now how we can completely fathom it, nobody on earth knows yet but thats why we all are going to be in Heaven eternally because it will take us a lifetime to understand God. You can never stop learning about Him. So i beseech you not to mock the trinity. God is not mocked! At least theres a little bit of clarity about the existence and presence of our God. I've lived opposite a major mosque for 15 years and I don't still understand the concept of Allah,
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 22, 2007
T Singerr:

Oga Nuru, No sentiments against you but I don't think you should deviate to Christians serving one God or literally mocking the trinity. See let me enlighten you in the best way I can. There are three Gods in 1. You can also view it like this, three component units integrate to form one God. God the Father being like the chairman of the board. Jesus Christ, our Saviour and intercessor, His role simply entails Him pleading for us anytime we misbehave and reminding God the Father that He should have mercy on us and God being merciful not only to man but to Jesus who died for us answers because of Christ's death! The Holy Spirit is our friend. He leads and guides us in the way we should to go. He's the one who most times communicates to us through our conscience. He's a gentleman in other words. They all make up the One God we serve. Now how we can completely fathom it, nobody on earth knows yet but thats why we all are going to be in Heaven eternally because it will take us a lifetime to understand God. You can never stop learning about Him. So i beseech you not to mock the trinity. God is not mocked! At least theres a little bit of clarity about the existence and presence of our God. I've lived opposite a major mosque for 15 years and I don't still understand the concept of Allah,

like abracadabra,the more you look,the less you see grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 22, 2007
nossycheek:

Lol, I decided to take a break like I earlier said to allow edgy nerves of our muslims to cool but promised to come back on board if they dare stir the bees nest again.

Just passing by and decided to respond to another apologist.

Babyosisi, been reading all the debates and its been educating and interesting. What of Mr Osisi & the kids? Hope fine.

lol,Mr Osisi dey o.
As for the kids,they are fine (by faith)
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 7:24pm On May 22, 2007
@nuru,

I'm glad for you. Why? Because, there again your Qur'an in Sura 5:82 has been proven again by the intelligent answers from those following your recent rejoinder! cool

Take a hint: whatever you read in the Qur'an as relating to the histories of the Jewish people, make a little research before you hinge your faith on the baseless claims coming from you.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mrpataki(m): 8:06pm On May 22, 2007
Kai am too short of words here! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Telly B: You are wonderful! You brought back my knowledge of geography all over again. Keep the flag of Christ flying oh wink By the way are you male or female? Lest I make the same mistake as with Shahan too

@davidylan, You ehn. . . . . .Na wah for you. You have absolutely gone totally off the hooks. Good to know that the wonders of America has not erased the love of God in you. Remember to come loaded when coming to Nigeria oh! wink No drop everything for nairaland!

@ babyosisi, God Bless you! You are simply outstanding!

Where is babs787 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy The guy no sabi geography for this one Olodo. grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TSingerr(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2007
Why hasn't any of our muslim brothers or sisters replied in a long while? Ehen, you guys are probably plannin some sort of holy war against us shey? shocked Have mercy. We're all jus rubbin minds oh grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 22, 2007
mrpataki, the Lord is our strength. Pray for us o! Paul said when i was a child i spake as a child . . . grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 8:39pm On May 22, 2007
@T Singerr,

I'm not clairvoyant; but I could as well guess why we are not reading much from Muslims in recent times:

(a) there are no more articles to plagiarize as some (not all) of them have been doing. Materials to plagiarize for geographic questions are not easy to come by on the net these days! Of those that come close as good enough, it is all to make us realize that we are nothing but a bunch of "ignorant fools" for pointing out the directions and making sense from nonsense.

(b) when you don't read for a while from Muslim apologists, they're busy gathering more moss for the usual dribbling. . . you know that common brand these days: "tit-for-tat" and "ME-FIRST-YOU-LAST!"  grin

(c) they're cooling off and wondering what to make of one of their champions who ended up telling the Forum five shocking things to give his religion a new face:

1. that the TORAH and INJIL of the Qur'an are LOST and cannot be found!

2. that he was upset Jesus did not woo a woman or impregnate one at age 30!

3. that he could not answer for himself on the fallacy of the claims for Human
             Embryology in the Qur'an!

4. that inspite of our being "ignorant fools", his intelligence was unable to match
             half-way through some of the pointed questions he was asked!

5. and he was aghast to discover he had slammed his own fellow Muslims, referring
            to them as "deluded authors that lied in order to believe!"

Certainly, there are more than a dozen more gaffe; but just these few so he doesn't choke on his discoveries!

Meanwhile, I still have some other concerns on this issue of the Kaa'ba/Qiblah. . . and leading on to the final result of all the efforts to face this direction in prayer and answering nature's call. Okay, I don't want to be branded a more palatable name than "ignorant fool"; but I have a serious question to ask - which may be a topic for a separate thread:

My dear Muslim friend,

Is it true that the Qur'an teaches that ALL Muslims will enter HELL FIRE?!?

If you have not read about this issue, what will you do when you discover the truth?
Does the Qur'an tell you HOW you will get out of HELL alive?
If you really care about your soul, have you taken the time to consider this very
important question for yourself?  Please do. What you discover might help you
understand who Jesus Christ really IS - and why even the Qur'an confesses Him
as the Messiah, the Christ.

Right. Please don't let my questions above derail this wonderful thread. But my Muslim friends should try and look into that question for their own good!

Cheers everyone!  cool
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TSingerr(m): 11:47pm On May 22, 2007
See, fellow Nigerian brothers and sisters, since thats the only thing common to us. I believe that there can never be a side that will concede on this matter so lets just free the issue, at least everyone knows in his heart of hearts what side is right. Why do Muslims face east when praying? undecided I don't know! Y'all don't know. They'd probably ask ask Allah when they get to alujana (hope I got the spelling) i.e if it exists at all. I'll definitely ask God too. So lets all just accept them the way they are Kay? Cheers n gnyt

NB N yeah please nobody should call our dear mukinatu a terrorist oh! Tanz a bunsh cool grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by MORUF03(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2007
Hi, fellow christians or what ever you believe in!

It's always good to stop talking what you don't know, if you want to be an idol worshiper no problem worship what you like.

Please and Please STOP this arguments.

My fellow MUSLIMS this is for you,
"ALLAH says La ik ra fi deen" There is no force in religion
Please let them say what they like, They remain IGNORANCE to our RELIGION.

MA-SALAM.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2007
@MORUF03,

MORUF03:

Hi, fellow christians or what ever you believe in!

- - -

My fellow MUSLIMS this is for you,

Are you really as confused as you sounded or it was just a talent show - your talent?

First referring to discussants as "[b]fellow
Christians", then coming back to refer to others as "fellow MUSLIMS" - was something biting you earlier?

MORUF03:

It's always good to stop talking what you don't know, if you want to be an idol worshiper no problem worship what you like.

Yep, in just the same way: if your fellow Muslims want to be idol worshippers, good for your fellas.

MORUF03:

"ALLAH says La ik ra fi deen" There is no force in religion
Please let them say what they like, They remain IGNORANCE to our RELIGION.

Even when are are "ignorant" of your religion, we know enough to understand that Islam continues to use force against non-Muslims. Ask and thou shall be served more "facts, proof, evidence, maps and pictures" for this assertions. I know what I'm talking about before I post anything! cool
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by LJ(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2007
@babs747: Very thoughtful response!!

@nossycheek: Maybe u have a point, maybe not. But why would u want to judge?  , (''yeah, you are on the right path to enternal damnation "wink.

@T singerr, i like this " , at least everyone knows in his heart of hearts what side is right"

All-

Muslims face the Kaaba during prayers, not the east as i av been reading all along. Due to our position here (latitude and longitude), Kaaba is roughly along the east (and mind u, its not the cardinal east that our 'professors' above studied in school). If you get somewhere entirely off Nigeria's zone, muslims wont face the east while they pray. This is why those praying right at The Kaaba form circles around it (just so everyone faces it)

I bet you all that we all have justifications of different sorts for the validity of individual beliefs and religion. When we try to comment on others', we have a natural tendency to lament the dark sides but as matured minds, we need to be very objective. I m sorry to say this, but this direction thing brought up against the muslims is not a valid point against Islam. Let the 'profs' think of somthing else that's worth our contribution. I will be glad to learn somtin real about the existing religions.

Good luck!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2007
Thank you, LJ.

Now that Muslims have been forced to bury the ghost of facing the EAST from all directions, and also babs787's bragado of the qiblah detector, can we go on to the next stage? This one:

LJ:

I bet you all that we all have justifications of different sorts for the validity of individual beliefs and religion.

We have been concerned about the "justification for the validity" of the belief in the religion of Islam for facing the direction of the Kaa'ba, and making it sound like it all started from Adam or Abraham.

Although this question has been asked before, Muslims are yet to tell us the answer:

What is the significance of the KAABA and the reverence/veneration accorded it by Muslims??

Thank you again.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TSingerr(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2007
My dear Muslim brothers and sisters, howdy!(we're bruvs n sisters irrespective). Since nobody seems to want to chill out and bow out respectably on this issue, I think I'll just go on and contribute further. The main root of this problem seems to me to be the inability of you guys to answer SIMPLE and STRAIGHT-FORWARD questions. You guys have been asked to answer a couple of questions but have been unable to achieve that concisely. What does it take y'all to  just admit that a particular issue is not absolutely clear to you? Nobody expects you to know everything now! Even the most respectable and holy alfaa cannot claim absolute knowledge of the religion and this is also common in Christianity I'm a Christian and i choose to be truthful. The best pastors around cannot claim perfect knowledge of Christianityand that is where true maturity and leadership shows, when you don't mislead your followership simply because you cannot admit your ignorance in a certain area. No single individual amongst you seems to have an objective explanation to the questions being asked so why don't you just say so and let the topic die? No harsh feelings abeg oh, I'm just wondering why everyone just flares up in anger against the Christian Nairaland users because they are asking questions that you don't seem to know how to answer. Thanx for your audience peeps grin.

NB: Yeah n abeg feel free to counter me. If you have anything to say, bring it on! cool
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TSingerr(m): 9:10pm On May 23, 2007
Gud! seems like everyone has piped down at least for now. Have fun guys! smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 11:33pm On May 23, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Wadomoi(f): 11:35pm On May 23, 2007
why do u pee with your oko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.