Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background (30115 Views)

My Conscience Is Judging Me. Please Help Me / About To Lose A Good Girl. Please Help! / I want to fvuck this girl but I don't know how much she'll request. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Herbephe1(m): 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
LoydJ:
I guess dis school of urs is AAUekpoma?

I think it's AAUA ondo�
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Originalsly: 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
RickyE:

if I should just let her go or accept her like that

That you are here asking means that your conscience is bothering you. Whatever you decide to do... be first sure you can sleep with a clear conscience at nights. As I see it... you are comfortable supporting her... giving from the heart. Others... you are not giving from the heart.... drop them. For the girl..... if you are thinking of making her your wife... you need to let her know but she need to cut ALL ties with her ex. You know more details... but from the little you shared... she may make a good wife. Poor or rich.... I can't think of a girl that would voluntarily give up an iPhone whatever...to go back to her old android... that says a lot. On you as a person... some people it is in their nature to share... same way some people are coveteous and selfish.... but you need to draw the line. Other people will take advantage of you... they will always come with you with sad stories knowing you will cave in. My advice... whenever they are done... tell them pele.... if you had only known yesterday.. you could've helped..but you got yourself into some serious financial problems. Have a sad story to also share with them. It works for me.
Don't drop her.... she is not your problem... stop overextending yourself....Mr Charity??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by UniqueMB(f): 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
OP,

Why don't you teach her how to do what you are doing that is giving you money.

Or

Since you say you you see anything you do for her as help and not investment. Why not give her a small amount to also start a business,maybe selling something to fellow students no matter how small.

That way she's no longer your responsibility

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by IwilseeUincourt(m): 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
Kingosytex:

Millions...The Op is paying millions as tuition fees for both himself and his gf despite the fact that their families are poor...isn't that a miracle? cheesycheesycheesy

You suck in mathematics broh

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by LORDKing001: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
I created this account just for this purpose and I might have to deactivate it and follow this thread with with my main account just for privacy reasons. Thanks for your understanding.

I actually like this girl, we've been together for almost 4 years now, I'm in 400 level currently, I'm from a poor family to be honest and this girl's family is far worse than mine financially. She is in this university too, since she didn't have her own place to stay, we were staying together. Our school fees here is 6 figures, since my family is not good financially, I had to do some online stuffs that bring money so that I can pay my bills and assist my family.

I was completely broke when we met she used to give me little little support financially, if she had until I had my own money. I actually didn't know she didn't have anybody to support her because she lied her uncle was the one supporting her until I found out that it was her ex boyfriend who was helping her. She confessed everything and the situation with her family when I discovered they met (that happened last year) I cancelled everything but later reconsidered after thinking it through.

The major problem is that I'm paying my own fees which is in 6 figures as well as hers ( which is also 6 figures), support my family, any money I give her she sends straight to her mother, sometimes I also have to assist her mother.
I know this is not her fault but I don't think I can move forward like this, taking full care of her, supporting my family, and having to also assist her mother. So I told her to go.
I just don't understand why everybody just has to depend on me I'm not even 25 yet.
Somehow I feel really bad because we together when things started going well small small but most of my guys have really gone far but I just keep moving up and down. It's not that I'm doing badly but I just feel there's too much weight on my head, the worst part of it is that all these people are very good people I just don't know what to do.

I know some people might think I'm one of the mugus out there who sponsor girls with the hope of marrying her or someone who tries to buy a girl but I don't give girls money, I prefer giving it to a guy because I feel guys appreciate and understand better but her case is kind of different mainly because we both somehow struggled together until things got better
I don't know if I should just let her go or accept her like that

I don't know if it's a good idea to put this on front page but I'd like it to be more visible.

That inline stuff you're doing can you please link me please. I'm also a student like you same level. I will appreciate

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by smooooooth: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
I created this account just for this purpose and I might have to deactivate it and follow this thread with with my main account just for privacy reasons. Thanks for your understanding.

I actually like this girl, we've been together for almost 4 years now, I'm in 400 level currently, I'm from a poor family to be honest and this girl's family is far worse than mine financially. She is in this university too, since she didn't have her own place to stay, we were staying together. Our school fees here is 6 figures, since my family is not good financially, I had to do some online stuffs that bring money so that I can pay my bills and assist my family.

I was completely broke when we met she used to give me little little support financially, if she had until I had my own money. I actually didn't know she didn't have anybody to support her because she lied her uncle was the one supporting her until I found out that it was her ex boyfriend who was helping her. She confessed everything and the situation with her family when I discovered they met (that happened last year) I cancelled everything but later reconsidered after thinking it through.

The major problem is that I'm paying my own fees which is in 6 figures as well as hers ( which is also 6 figures), support my family, any money I give her she sends straight to her mother, sometimes I also have to assist her mother.
I know this is not her fault but I don't think I can move forward like this, taking full care of her, supporting my family, and having to also assist her mother. So I told her to go.
I just don't understand why everybody just has to depend on me I'm not even 25 yet.
Somehow I feel really bad because we together when things started going well small small but most of my guys have really gone far but I just keep moving up and down. It's not that I'm doing badly but I just feel there's too much weight on my head, the worst part of it is that all these people are very good people I just don't know what to do.

I know some people might think I'm one of the mugus out there who sponsor girls with the hope of marrying her or someone who tries to buy a girl but I don't give girls money, I prefer giving it to a guy because I feel guys appreciate and understand better but her case is kind of different mainly because we both somehow struggled together until things got better
I don't know if I should just let her go or accept her like that

I don't know if it's a good idea to put this on front page but I'd like it to be more visible.

First tell us which online biz you do that you are paying 12 figures (6+6) under 25 and still have change to send to her mother and live on before we advice you. Thank u.

3 Likes

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by dingbang(m): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
At my age now I am running away from girlfriends. Please be like me and grow your account.

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Coolgent(m): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
Davash222:
Your school fees is 6 figures. What's 6 figures
100,000 to 999,999 All fall within six figures.

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by katlord(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
GloShare:

All that money without the right girl will still equal doom. This girl has chilled with you from zero to hero. She didn't complain when she was giving you her all and all.

Truth is, it's the money that's getting into your head. When you eventually have so much, you'd realize that life doesn't end with excess money.

My advise, dont leave her out to dry. Teach her something, or set her up one last time and let her stand on her own.

In the future, she might be in a position to support you financially. We both know there's no insurance with working online legitimately. Some periods can be dry.

When I met my wife, it was to chop and run. One very difficult day, she sent me recharge card of #200. That day I vowed to take her serious. We were broke in school but we managed. My friends had money and went far. I was static. But we managed to survive, get married, and grew together. Today we can buy anything we want. But those my rich friends? They had so much that they could not stick to a responsible lifestyle. It's now all about bìtches and hóes for them, and they're not worth 1/10th of us now because they didnt learn that discipline.

Suicide rates are high now. Do what is right for you, but do right by her too.

BTW, if you're a Yahoo boy, quit now!

Op ! I've been reading through and to be candid this is the most sensible comment without bias and selfish tendencies.

Op the quote I just mentioned is a wise man. Read over it again and again and ya life is blessed. Case closed!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by princfred(m): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2019
What matters is mutual understanding, faithfulness and she not being stingy with her resources which you pointed out in that she helped while you were broke. You better reciprocate her as long as God is blessing you with the means. Others you are helping come second apart from your mum.
How can she be by your side when you were struggling only for you to be helping others while considering dropping her now. You should be talking about how to marry her. Abi coming from poor background na crime now.
If Amadioha handle your case....

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by katlord(m): 3:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
materialproject:

Ex = the main guy

He is just a sponsor.

She must have told the so called ex that you are a cousins or brother

She can repent from such doing cos I can see she luvs op
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Don't let go of her.
Keep your head up and keeping doing what you'r doing.
Our people say''if there ask you to keep doing what you do, know that the thing is good.

What's the online stuff you do bro, i would like to tap it too
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by GuestLog: 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bros you are not wise in a way.

Why not teach her your trade skill Sondheim can fend for herself?

She must learn it, whether it's difficult or not.
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by femi4: 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
RickyE has turned to nobody ...let me kuku keep my money till I find him
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by palsenator(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
You made us believe u are doing fairly okay with what you do online, why can't you set up a business for her? That alone will reduce the weight on you.. Think deep bro
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
Cocotrendz:

1000000 grin
That's wrong na

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Zaheertyler(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Iphiephrank(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You are a student, better act like it. Cry broke and even see who will stand by you.

Best advice for you
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by JerryQ: 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
The answer to your question can only be gotten from your inside cos you know the whole situation better. However from the way you write, you sound disturbed She left. Meaning you feel like you made the wrong choice. Your major fear is the future, which is very unknown. Like if you keep spending on her welfare, you 'might' not meet up. Things to consider:
1. You have already done most of the work together, 400 level is close to the end.
2. Sometimes when you bills grows, the solution might really be to increase earning not cutting down on your utilities.
3. Make the main thing the main thing. List your giving in priority, this will help you know the most important to give for and those that seem like wasteful giving. Then settle the priority list with the resources you have available. You can't settle the needs of all your friends, neither can not give to everyone that ask from you.
4. Save for yourself for the next big thing you want to do. don't forget yourself in the process of giving to others.
5. You are helping someone, a good person for the records. Acts like this has its rewards, you might be enjoying some already. To enjoy more, you know what to do.
6. i am not however okay with both of You staying together, think if you can find an alternative.
7. Don't leave a friend in the cold, reach out to her and be the friend you are even if you aren't giving her cash again.
8. How would you feel if she finds another way to pay the fees, knowing you could have inconvenienced yourself to make it happen? Just thinking

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by godkiller(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
millions is 7 figures actually.
100k plus is the fees
I already said I went into online stuffs coz of it. I wouldn't want to go into details

EFCC will soon catch you.
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by pestrolus2002(m): 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
...love is a wonderful thing! There's nothing as rewarding as loving somebody and she loves you back, We can only suggest but guy. Follow your heart! Do not stop the good work. .
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Goldencheese(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
I really appreciate your advice but the thing is that you don't get the full picture because I didn't go into details. The school fees was increased when we were already in school. I did not want to go to another school and start from scratch because I really don't believe in school I was begged and persuaded by my family, including her to go to university because my jamb score was insanely high that time. The thing is that all the people who stood by me then and supported me are all completely dependent on me now and I feel I'm too young for that kind of weight so I'm having a serious conflict between my conscience and common sense. I can't leave my family so that's completely out of the question.

This is my advice to you:

1. Remember the sole reason you are in school is to get some education and not to start bearing financial burdens for others.
2. Do you love her and want to make her your future wife? If you think you do, what makes you so sure that your present dalliance with her is not a result of lust?
3. Focus on your studies and make something out of it. Friends are problems and challenges. They mostly will eat with you and abandon you if the oil is no longer flowing towards them.
4. Focus on your old mama and look after her. When every other person leaves you, she won't leave you.
5. Save for your life after uni. There are no jobs. You may need to start your own business after school and you will be needing some capital to do so.
6. Don't stop that online business you're into if it is legitimate. See how you can escalate it into a big business that you can incorporate and own in future.
7. Don't shoot yourself in the leg. There are women everywhere. If you are not sure of this girl and want to just help her, you can do so but since you're complaining of being financially burdened already, let her go and fend for herself. You are not El Shaddai. If you play the role of El Shaddai, you may soon cry out "I shall die!"
8. You have a good heart and tremendous leadership skills fending for others at a young age. It is a sign that big things will come to you and under you if you can set your priorities right. However spend your idle funds building up your job, leadership and money-making capability rather than on some people that may turn into ingrates tomorrow.
9. Get a little selfish with your money...
10. Stay focused and bag your degree and leave that uni.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by FREELANCERSAMM: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
godkiller:

EFCC will soon catch you.

What if he's a freelancer ?

There's many opportunities on the Web
Just that it's in our nature as Nigerians to go the wrong way of anything...

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Danchibez: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
its better u pay her bride price if wish to continue taking care if her financially
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Martinez39(m): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
Help yourself. Your mumu must do and you must learn to set your own boundaries.
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
I hate to been seen like a fool but if I were you, I wouldn't send her away rather I'd teach her my line of business to ease the burden. I have a feeling she is a good girl and that you'll live every single day regretting your decision of sending her away.

3 Likes

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
I'm the one thinking of leaving her. The school fees was increased when we already got inside.
What I don't understand is why everybody just depends on me. I even assist most of the guys here in my hostel when they are unable to do things. I don't know if I should shut out my conscience and focus only on my life. My mother is completely my responsibility because she is old and can't work anymore. I don't want to regret these things later in future.
I don't see the assistance I render her as investment I see it as just help
Bro my advice might sound a bit muddled up but I hope you get the points from it. First and first, your mum is your first priority. Second, you help someone because your good conscience moves you to help others no matter how burdensome it is. Even the bible says do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Help that lady not because you want to gain or collect back from her but because you are helping her grow her future through education which is key in life. You never know where helping her through her education might help her be somebody great in life and she will always have you eternally thank till she enters her grave.
I know the load and burden is heavy and wary but no matter how little it is you can save up for her, not everyone is privileged, especially if she has very bright prospects for her future and she's highly intelligent that's what this pot of beans called life is, some who have the opportunity don't cherish it and those who don't have such opportunity wish for such opportunity.
Will you be happy deep within yourself if you hear that the same girl you told to leave now sleeps around with politicians and big men just to feed herself and educate herself. God brought her into your life for a reason. Think about it. Save up for her "if you can" and If at the end of the day she doesn't appreciate it or is not worth it, you can always cut your losses and invest your money elsewhere in profitable ventures.

1 Like

Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by Preshob(m): 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
My verdict.......

OP is an internet fraudster!!!
Desist from that so as not to bring shame and heartbreak to your family please

But parents of these days sha!!! Just give them money and that's all about what matters to them
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by DonMekino(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
online stuffs like?? dss and FBI are now like big brother
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by sanusi44z(m): 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Teach her your online stuffs angry
You make me laugh, and you also make me remember something. grin
Re: Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background by sanusi44z(m): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
state University
I guess you school in OOU. I will tell you, use your head, be smart.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / Davido Cheating Saga: Men, What Do You Want? Part 2 / Nigerian Ex-lovers Melt Hearts With Their Emotional Exchange On Facebook. - Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.