Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans (48721 Views)

3 Americans Dead, As Plane Crashes Into House In Ukraine (Pix, Video) / COVID-19: No Entry For Nigerians, Americans Into Europe / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by timesup234: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2019
sweetmelanin:

With this statement I am more than convinced you were refused American visa and never quite recovered from the trauma.
Visa is for fools and brainwashed people. Visa is slavery, nobody should be proud of visa. Visa is a setback, visa is how you destroy your life. Visa should be ban. No single Nigerian went to America and made it, they are all slaves.

2 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Gbabe2: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2019
For every fraudulent person here in America, there other 1000 individuals doing well. Seriously doing well. Yes, we work very hard and I mean very hard cos it’s a functioning society. I know your type NOTICE ME.

timesup234:
The days when people brag about living in America are over. I came to destroy the illusion. The only success story coming out of that shithole these days are from fradulent Nigerians into cybercrime. All those century my uncle is a doctor in chicago, my aunty is a nurse in new york have been exposed. They werent rich, they were indeed struggling in their professional fields. They were all broke azzes with a second to commiting suicide due to depression. America where people work like dog. They saw hell and if given the opportunity to do it all over again will gladly burn their American visa

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by adonainana: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
I lived in the UK for 10 years, I agree i think only when you think carefully and deeply would you appreciate some countries and some ways of life. Here in the UK, I found out that there are only 2 achievements the average man can achieve. The first is getting a Mortgage and the second is passing your driving test .

I couldnt tell how many of my friends celebrated these two major achievements year in year out

People of God, how is borrowing £300,000 (150 million naira) from a bank and paying it monthly back over 30 years an achievement ni tori olorun. How is that an achievement ?

How is passing your driving test where you will end up taking more of your disposable income an achievement for Heaven sake.

After 11 years in the Uk, i decided it was time to call it quit.

Some people will simply pay bills and die in the west and will even be owing funeral tax by the time there reletives want to bury.

The good roads, schools, water etc is an illusion, there are good schools everywhere on the planet. There are equally good roads everywhere on the planet

The Uk an US are extremely useless countries to be in sometimes

This is my opinon sha

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by odimbannamdi(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
truthsayer009:
Most Nigerians, Indians etc who immigrate to America don't live the debt life. I believe we are more smarter than this.

Don't forget that if the dollar vs naira rates were close, only those who want a better standard of living would travel. Most of us just want to rake in some dollars & change to Naira, then invest here.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Ironically, if the naira and dollar rates were close, same would both economies (and standard of living) be, and people will not of even think of emigrating out of Naija.

3 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by IamCharles123: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
Pr0cter:
I actually agree with the OP. Take for example cars. Most Nigerian's make full payments for the big cars they use unlike the Americans that pay on installment probably on loan
And thats the basis for judging which country is better?
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Empiree: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2019
This is seriously serious
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Weathered: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:
You are a ant, I mean a rabbit. I defeated Harvard, MIT scholars. You are a cockcroach. GDP my ass. All stolen wealth from Africa. The American government is the greatest fraud in human history. If you want broke ass Nigerians living in America to start crying just tell them Timesup is coming.
Now I got it.....so much emotional outpour like a teenage girl overtaken by pimples and obesity.

You should have told us an American impregnated your mother without exchanging last names and the country eventually denied you Visa.

You will get shellacked like a lynch mob does to a market thief within minutes.

Scatterbrained idiot.

6 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Gbabe2: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2019
Oga, it’s easier for you to come here express and your opinion after becoming a BRITISH CITIZEN. I have a problem with folks that keep their families abroad, decide to relocate to Nigeria due to some affiliations with some friends who are now politicians. Oga, swear if you are not a BRITISH CITIZEN.

adonainana:
I lived in the UK for 10 years, I agree i think only when you think carefully and deeply would you appreciate some countries and some ways of life. Here in the UK, I found out that there are only 2 achievements the average man can achieve. The first is getting a Mortgage and the second is passing your driving test .

I couldnt tell how many of my friends celebrated these two major achievements year in year out

People of God, how is borrowing £300,000 (150 million naira) from a bank and paying it monthly back over 30 years an achievement ni tori olorun. How is that an achievement ?

How is passing your driving test where you will end up taking more of your disposable income an achievement for Heaven sake.

Some people will simply pay bills and die in the west and will even be owing funeral tax by the time there reletives want to bury.

The good roads, schools, water etc is an illusion, there are good schools everywhere on the planet. There are equally good roads everywhere on the planet

This is my opinon sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Legendguru: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2019
hmmm
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Beautyaddy: 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2019
NONNYG:
Statistician, i wonder where you're getting all these figures fromgrin

Can't believe that you're still paying any of your limited time of attention to his post.

We all know the saying "Empty Vessels Makes the Loudest Noise".

People who are making it very well and are happy in Nigeria will not come on Nairaland and be trolling with heavy bitterness and lies on Threads comparing the US with a lawless Country as Nigeria. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by katlord(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2019
linearity:

[may contain lots of typos...]

Here they come with the false equivalency again!

Can we do some real comparison with data? First question, lets establish some baseline...who is an average Nigerian and how much does that individual earn, what industry does he or she works in, then use that data and march likes-for-likes with an average American.

E.g. Is that individual a graduate civil servant on grade 08 in Nigeria, whose income is strictly from his salary, no bribe, kickbacks, no government diversions, etc; then compare that same individual base on education, level of experience, years in civil service to a similar individual working in America civil service either local, state or federal...Are you saying that Nigerian living strictly on his salary with no other dishonest income source is better than the average America? You be the Judge, use google and do computation of their earnings, etc and compare.

Sometimes, we make the mistake of comparing celebrates and entertainers in Nigeria with professional Americans who are not celebrates or entertainers. If you want to compare A-list comedians in Nigeria like I-Go-Dey and their success within the Nigeria context, try to use A-list comedians in the USA, e.g. Chris Rock....or if you want to compare Davido in Nigeria, try use USA examples like 50 cents.

Now brings the point about debts, money, riches, etc....What you fail to understand is that, 'money' is a fiat currency, it is useless without the value global economy attached to it. The America economy is built on credit system, without this credit system, the economy and it's value will crumble over night.

Lets take a simple example of buying a car...does that your average Nigeria own car? Lets assume he does not own a car, lets start deducting from his/she salary and save up money for him/her to buy a car..lets say that car is a Toyota Camry 2018, with a price tag of $23,000.00 (N8,165,000.00)...how many years on monthly savings will it take person to say N8b? Level -8 civil servants in Nigeria makes on average about N980,000/PA....even if this individual is able to save 50% of his/her salary towards this Car, it will take them 16 years to afford the car..if they save 100% of their salary, that is about 9 years! Add 3.5% yearly inflation to that money, plus the fact that in 9 years time, a similar Toyota camry be above $23,000.00...Compare that, to a similarly situated average America graduate, who walks into the car dealer, sign a five years loan and makes car payments for five years. This average America gets that car today, the Nigeria will wait 9-16 years, and will start using that car to improve his standard of living, business, etc and will pay off the Car in five years free and clear why his Nigerian counterpart still trying to save money to buy the same car....my guest is, in maybe in 10 tens after owning the car free and clear for 5 years, he will sell it out and it will be shipped as tokunbo to Nigeria and be sold to his Nigeria counterpart.

Use that same example above and ditto it for owing a house, etc.....You have to use the credit system to work for you. This is the singular reason the Average Chinese foolishly save money and live in penury and the wise America will come and borrow that money and live a comfortable high standard of living....since this is fiat currency, its value is useless and often is controlled by the America system.

Apart from the govt workers, no Job security for naija private firms self. The average Nigerian worker lives in uncertainty cos his life is tied to one single Job unlike Americans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by sweetmelanin(f): 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2019
golddust6000:
guy you don’t know anything about europe a bit. Europe where 1out of 5 know someone who is homeless. I am currently living in Europe as a social worker, 65 percent of homeless people in Europe are old people. Guy you know nothing about Europe.

That's why I said most EU countries. I live in the UK and have a lot of social worker friends (adult social care) a lot of the elderly folks here are in care homes depending on their financial threshold. If they cannot afford care, the government steps in and covers their costs. Those who opt to live in their own homes have carers come tend to their needs at home.
What country do you live in?

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Ygrette(f): 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2019
babaolofin:

Well , I don't know how old most of the people reading this posting were when Majek Fashek as the rave of the moment in the 90s traveled to New York. When he got there he became disappointed that on returning to Nigeria, he released a record "Majek Fashek in New York". That record said so many things. He said before he travelled, he thought America is Paradise on Earth but on getting there what he saw was confusion, beggars and so many things. Having released that record he should not have gone back again, that was the mistake that ruined him.

I enjoyed this short story. How did it ruin him? If they could kill their own (John F. Kennedy), how much more ?
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by WeRblessed(f): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2019
timesup234:
Yes far better with college students sleeping with sugar daddies to pay back their student loans?

https://www.businessinsider.com/seeking-arrangement-sugar-daddies-pay-sugar-babies-college-tuition-2017-11?IR=T

Yes far better with 62% of Americans one paycheck away from living on the street

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-are-one-paycheck-away-from-the-street-2016-01-06

Yes far better with people who have masters degrees still working till the age of 75 to be able to afford retirement and not die in debt

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/millennial-grad-retirement-age-is-75/

When next you come here to quote me just know you are talking to someone who knows the US. like the back of his hand. I have rendered so many people useless on this forum daring to engage me. The next time you quote me you will get a serious uppercut that will lead to spinal injury

My brother you know that African problem is inferiority complex. They believe that anything outside Nigeria is better. Africa has more mineral resources than both Europe and USA combined, but they just can't sit at home and find a way to utilize it. White men built their nations through exploiting Africa. Nigeria only depends on oil meanwhile they have other resources to cultivate and put the citizens to work. As I'm saying this now, three out of ten school kids in America go to bed hungry, especially when school is on break. Some families in America both white or black rely on school breakfasts and lunches for their children. So many Nigerians don't know where their next rent will come from because their salaries will never be enough for rent, electricity and water bills, health insurance, gas, groceries, credit cards, plus child care ( if you don't have any family member to watch them). Most of them live on food stamps and picking up foods from churches and charity stores. Some of them rely on thrift stores to get clothes. A lot of them want to visit Nigeria but ashamed to do so because of what people may say, as they will not have money to buy their families expected American goodies. Most of them could only afford coming home by maxing their credit cards. In America you'll work, work, and work, but 30% of your salary go to taxes. The more money you make the more they'll tax you. Some Nigerians have fallen into depression because no amount is ever enough to start a foundation or even build a business back home.Try to advice our people they will not understand. They don't even know that it will take them years to get papers to work in America. The friend or family member may allow you to stay for a few weeks and after that you need to start paying Bill's if not they throw you out. No one cares! You'll need at least $50,000.00 to survive in America a year without a job. Also, no one will rent you accommodation because you have no paperwork or social security card. Some cities have no buses for transportation so most of your money will go to uber or taxis. Bro if I continue to type everything today, chi ga eji, chi ga abo. Funny thing is, most of them in nairaland think you don't want them to go to America. Please allow them to go now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by katlord(m): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
gypsey:
Yess! there are beggars in the streets of America, mostly drug Addicts begging to buy drugs.

And if it was that bad? he should not have gone back, He came back for more drugs and he became a junkie in the end.

The beggers in America are drug addicts like u mention including some Nigerian and African brothers over there. Got to know this when a friend came from Spain 2016. He said most baggers are Nigerians who don't wanna work. They position themselves in the entrance of malls and rip people off with deceit cos in actual terms dey get so much from the whites this way cos they're very emotional and fill with empathy
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Bbbwings: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
Pr0cter:
I actually agree with the OP. Take for example cars. Most Nigerian's make full payments for the big cars they use unlike the Americans that pay on installment probably on loan
You mean 10 year old junk.

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by HBB1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2019
sweetmelanin:

That's why I said most EU countries. I live in the UK and have a lot of social worker friends (adult social care) a lot of the elderly folks here are in care homes depending on their financial threshold. If they cannot afford care, the government steps in and covers their costs. Those who opt to live in their own homes have carers come tend to their needs at home.
What country do you live in?

Povertistan!
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by sweetmelanin(f): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2019
adonainana:

This is my opinon sha

And what are the things you can celebrate in Nigeria? The vast majority of nigerians will live and die in a RENTED FLAT. How many off them successfully complete their own homes? If you are fortunate to afford a piece of land, you either spend a lifetime to complete your 'project' or die trying. Now tell me how is that any better?

3 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Beautyaddy: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2019
Angelfrost:

I have a lot of close friends there, and you said it all...

What's up with a society where wealth is actually a mirage?... You basically pay for everything to the point that you have no real retirement. The day you stop working, you are in trouble.

People graduate from school, and 6 years after, they are still repaying student loans... You are simply enslaved to a parasitic system.

What Country is there where their wealth is not a "mirage"...and what Country is there that you do not have to pay for everything?

And also tell us what Country is the University Education completely free?

People who have jobs and are sensible set money aside that's accumulated for years...and that's how retirement is saved

Or is there any Country that gives free retirement money too

3 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by seanmozilla: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2019
Olominira:
I have been to a number of countries around the world. The honest truth is that if Nigeria had achieved 24 hours electricity around 2006-2009, I'm talking of 10 years ago, nearly 80-90 percent of Nigerians would be better off than same figure in United States. As at 2019 43 million Americans are living in poverty.

Nigeria is a country with rich culture and people still believe in their heritage. The leaders are smart but lack of love for their fellow citizens, greediness for personal gains are the main problem. This does not include the leaders from first republic.

Now, this is the way forward to a better Nigeria. Firstly, Nigerian leaders must strengthen her justice system this includes police reform, military and others. The judiciary must be made strong, with that anyone committing crime would know that the law would take its course.

Secondly, provide stable electricity. Yes. Do not look at the west for solution. Focus on China, Japan and Russia if possible. P & ID case has shown that western power does not want us for any good.

Thirdly, Reform the educational system. In fact, let Nigerians study in Nigeria or within Africa. As at today, if Nigerians and other third world countries stop attending UK universities their education would collapse with 3 years because even most British citizens cannot afford afford it.

On final note, Nigerian government needs, as a matter of fact very urgently launch a world class TV station like CNN, CGTV, France 24, etc to reshape people's thinking about Nigeria and Africa. Yes, include a lot of propaganda. The issue of P & ID should be on the air for a minimum of 3 months. Through this mean, the government would create a lot of nationalists that would influence a lot of good things about the country.

There's tribalism in Nigeria today because there are no opportunities for the young people, Nigerian people still believe the west are superior than them, no, they're not. Nigerians are better off. Wake up Nigeria, the potential is too much to be wasted. Every single day, the western power is trying so hard to destroy Nigerian people emotionally and psychologically. How on earth will Lagos be the most dangerous city in the world? How on earth will a country with 500bn economy still has more poor people than the likes of India of 1.3bn people with economy of 2.5T, Pakistan, and so on?

The people of SE must not allow themselves to be used, Nigerian people must come together and stand for what's best for them. Nigeria Govt as a matter of fact, must pacify these people and bring them to the national politics either by making a public apology for the Biafra war or anything to appease the Igbo and let the country grow once for all.
Well said sir... I wish the govt can see this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by katlord(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2019
babaolofin:

Things are extremely bad in Nigeria that people with open opportunities several years back are now regretting coming back home or why they did not relocate while the opportunities were even begging them.

Hahahaha as at 2012 my Prof in school told us with so much sadness in her countenance that she regrets coming home from the us in the early 80's. She said we won't understand. That they were brain washed by shagari govt to come home and invest their intellect. According to her things were good but after a short while it started taking the downturn. This is a Prof in federal sch earning over 600k ooooo

5 Likes

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by WeRblessed(f): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2019
My brother you know that African problem is inferiority complex. They believe that anything outside Nigeria is better. Africa has more mineral resources than both Europe and USA combined, but they just can't sit at home and find a way to utilize it. White men built their nations through exploiting Africa. Nigeria only depends on oil meanwhile they have other resources to cultivate and put the citizens to work. As I'm saying this now, three out of ten school kids in America go to bed hungry, especially when school is on break. Some families in America both white or black rely on school breakfasts and lunches for their children. So many Nigerians don't know where their next rent will come from because their salaries will never be enough for rent, electricity and water bills, health insurance, gas, groceries, credit cards, plus child care ( if you don't have any family member to watch them). Most of them live on food stamps and picking up foods from churches and charity stores. Some of them rely on thrift stores to get clothes. A lot of them want to visit Nigeria but ashamed to do so because of what people may say, as they will not have money to buy their families expected American goodies. Most of them could only afford coming home by maxing their credit cards. In America you'll work, work, and work, but 30% of your salary go to taxes. The more money you make the more they'll tax you. Some Nigerians have fallen into depression because no amount is ever enough to start a foundation or even build a business back home.Try to advice our people they will not understand. They don't even know that it will take them years to get papers to work in America. The friend or family member may allow you to stay for a few weeks and after that you need to start paying Bill's if not they throw you out. No one cares! You'll need at least $50,000.00 to survive in America a year without a job. Also, no one will rent you accommodation because you have no paperwork or social security card. Some cities have no buses for transportation so most of your money will go to uber or taxis. Bro if I continue to type everything today, chi ga eji, chi ga abo. Funny thing is, most of them in nairaland think you don't want them to go to America. Please allow them to go now.

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by sweetmelanin(f): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2019
Gbabe2:
Oga, it’s easier for you to come here express and your opinion after becoming a BRITISH CITIZEN. I have a problem with folks that keep their families abroad, decide to relocate to Nigeria due to some affiliations with some friends who are now politicians. Oga, swear if you are not a BRITISH CITIZEN.

Don't mind the hypocrite. Let him or her come and educate us how Nigeria is better.
Yes, some African nations are far better than America but Nigeria is certainly not one of them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by TheEnforcer: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2019
opebiboy:
even before i open this post I knew you were going to park here. You are a clown. But on the real Americans are not rich, they just enjoy a better standard than us. I have been there and it was very far from what I expected. But your views are always to the extreme
I have never seen any frustrated being as that guy on the planet.What!Before you say jack,hes already there ranting.Who wilk help him out?

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Bbbwings: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2019
linearity:

[may contain lots of typos...]

Here they come with the false equivalency again!

Can we do some real comparison with data? First question, lets establish some baseline...who is an average Nigerian and how much does that individual earn, what industry does he or she works in, then use that data and march likes-for-likes with an average American.

E.g. Is that individual a graduate civil servant on grade 08 in Nigeria, whose income is strictly from his salary, no bribe, kickbacks, no government diversions, etc; then compare that same individual base on education, level of experience, years in civil service to a similar individual working in America civil service either local, state or federal...Are you saying that Nigerian living strictly on his salary with no other dishonest income source is better than the average America? You be the Judge, use google and do computation of their earnings, etc and compare.

Sometimes, we make the mistake of comparing celebrates and entertainers in Nigeria with professional Americans who are not celebrates or entertainers. If you want to compare A-list comedians in Nigeria like I-Go-Dey and their success within the Nigeria context, try to use A-list comedians in the USA, e.g. Chris Rock....or if you want to compare Davido in Nigeria, try use USA examples like 50 cents.

Now brings the point about debts, money, riches, etc....What you fail to understand is that, 'money' is a fiat currency, it is useless without the value global economy attached to it. The America economy is built on credit system, without this credit system, the economy and it's value will crumble over night.

Lets take a simple example of buying a car...does that your average Nigeria own car? Lets assume he does not own a car, lets start deducting from his/she salary and save up money for him/her to buy a car..lets say that car is a Toyota Camry 2018, with a price tag of $23,000.00 (N8,165,000.00)...how many years on monthly savings will it take person to say N8b? Level -8 civil servants in Nigeria makes on average about N980,000/PA....even if this individual is able to save 50% of his/her salary towards this Car, it will take them 16 years to afford the car..if they save 100% of their salary, that is about 9 years! Add 3.5% yearly inflation to that money, plus the fact that in 9 years time, a similar Toyota camry be above $23,000.00...Compare that, to a similarly situated average America graduate, who walks into the car dealer, sign a five years loan and makes car payments for five years. This average America gets that car today, the Nigeria will wait 9-16 years, and will start using that car to improve his standard of living, business, etc and will pay off the Car in five years free and clear why his Nigerian counterpart still trying to save money to buy the same car....my guest is, in maybe in 10 tens after owning the car free and clear for 5 years, he will sell it out and it will be shipped as tokunbo to Nigeria and be sold to his Nigeria counterpart.

Use that same example above and ditto it for owing a house, etc.....You have to use the credit system to work for you. This is the singular reason the Average Chinese foolishly save money and live in penury and the wise America will come and borrow that money and live a comfortable high standard of living....since this is fiat currency, its value is useless and often is controlled by the America system.
You get it.
One of the things the Chinese government is trying to improve is domestic spending__ to be on par with Americans.
Of what use is money locked away in the bank
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2019
katlord:

The beggers in America are drug addicts like u mention including some Nigerian and African brothers over there. Got to know this when a friend came from Spain 2016. He said most baggers are Nigerians who don't wanna work. They position themselves in the entrance of malls and rip people off with deceit cos in actual terms dey get so much from the whites this way cos they're very emotional and fill with empathy
grin grin Possibly, and yes! white folks can be very Generous to beggars. However i have never come across a Nigerian beggar here in Miami.
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by joshuaidibia(m): 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2019
NONNYG:
Statistician, i wonder where you're getting all these figures fromgrin
well he's correct in a way. That's why they have credit cards In almost everything, even most shopping malls have cc, iPhone Don get Apple cc sef. Cash is seen as a big deal. There cos it can't be traced or taxed.
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by adonainana: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
sweetmelanin:

And what are the things you can celebrate in Nigeria? The vast majority of nigerians will live and die in a RENTED FLAT. How many off them successfully complete their own homes? If you are fortunate to afford a piece of land, you either spend a lifetime to complete your 'project' or die trying. Now tell me how is that any better?

You will be surprised how many nigerians are homeowners. Nigeria is the only place and the few places left in the World where you can buy land and be building it as your powers takes you over time. You cant try that in the west?

There are a lot of millionaires in Lagos, Owerri buying and selling goods, this people i am talking about if 1 million goes missing from thier account today, they wont really know something has happened.

Let the UK government fine an average man here in the UK £2,000 (the same 1 million naira) You wont know what hit you

No body is financially secure in the UK or in the west even millionaires in the UK can go broke at any time much more an average UK salary earner.

But if its good road you want to be staring at every day, or good hospital you want to be attending like a sickler, then you can come sha, thats if there is not a waiting list for the NHS uk trust anyway, so the good hospital is a farce too tbh Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Bbbwings: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2019
sweetrace:

He exaggerated, but he made some valid points.
You know most of these guys get a brand new car with loan payable over five years right.
Would you rather a country where the middle class is poly able to get 10 year old junks outrightly or
A new car where your safety is guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by adonainana: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2019
Gbabe2:

I dont have a british passport bro, its just a red irrelevant passport, there are 192 countries on this planet, a british passport is underrated.

I know many who have British passport and are suffering and are just in hiding and will never come back home again

I dont know any politician either
Re: Africans Live Better Lives Than Most Americans by Beautyaddy: 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
Gbabe2:

lol!...how do you know he's one and not someone who's lived in the UK illegally for years? cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Hungry Looking Camel In Abuja Zoo / Two Dead In Fatal Accident In Abia (Graphic Photos) / New Nigeria International Passport To Cost N70,000 - Immigration Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.