Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. (28303 Views)

When A Deadbeat Dad Gets Old And Weary. / Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by realtalk19: 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
Belafonte:

The average IQ on Nairaland is in the lower 100s. I mean, look at this quote. What does the poster of this comment mean? On this thread! Well, it is Seun I blame. What with all the IG and vapid blog posts that hit front page. He has sacrificed quality for money. What a damn shame.

Shame on you. You don't need to be insultive to proove your point. You just justified your IQ is below redemption.

3 Likes

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Martinez39(m): 10:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
^^^^
@Belafonte

Please don't be bothered to answer the simpleton and those like her. It's best to let them rot in their stupidity. It's not a must to prove a point and a lot of people are not worth the effort.

> Tell an !diot that he/she has a low IQ, the !diot will find you insulting.
> Tell a slut that she is a slut and she will say you are slut shaming her.
> Call a man with no legs a cripple and he will get offended.
> Tell a stupid person that they are stupid and he/she will say you are insulting.

So, don't be surprised when you tell these people that they have a low IQ and they get offended and attack you. Na so life be. grin

1 Like

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 11, 2019
realtalk19:

Shame on you. You don't need to be insultive to proove your point. You just justified your IQ is below redemption.

Please don't be bothered to reply frustrated men who have been rejected times without number because of their rotten character so they have no choice but to come online and insult women to feel better.

Men generally are selfish and self centered people who make up majority of criminals and they think women were created to worship and serve them that's why they blame women for everything that goes wrong in this world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Martinez39(m): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2019
MariaLavina(f):
I can't believe Martinez39 king of logical counter have been silent since last night and has refused to respond to my 'logical' submission lol. I remember how you and your ilks were ranting about how Nl girls do not argue intelligently and sentiments free, I laugh out loud when I saw your comments and said, these guys can't recognize logic and intelligence even if it's hitting them on their toes, funny how they go about crying for it.

Well let me call on your friends to help you outgrin

Pansophist
Ubunja
Franchisng
Daddytime.

Please come and help your logical friend out, he is stuck. grin
Can't believe she has deactivated. An entitled girl child that lacks a thick skin. We won't miss you. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by VNOS(m): 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by bastardmod: 2:28am On Sep 22, 2019
Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by revolt(m): 5:13am On Sep 22, 2019
NLmember:

Please don't be bothered to reply frustrated men who have been rejected times without number because of their rotten character so they have no choice but to come online and insult women to feel better.

Men generally are selfish and self centered people who make up majority of criminals and they think women were created to worship and serve them that's why they blame women for everything that goes wrong in this world.
behind every criminal was a woman and a msn... that failed in raising him right, so mothers are still involved.
Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Blinkers: 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Only an emotional and insincere person will tell you these things doesn't happen. Let me tell you,the day I stopped sending my wife to go pay school fees for our son was the day I was chatting with him and he asked me an innocent question "He said daddy,why is it that only my mummy comes to pay my school fees" mind you,my son is just 3 yrs .From that day,I started paying more attention,taking him out,buying stuffs for him on my own . My brother,we men should be very careful and starts spending time with our kids.

Good one.

Never joke with father-son bonding.

It's gonna favour you both later in life

1 Like

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Blinkers: 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
Martinez39:
Wow! So now, a man is the head of the house? So you admit despite you feminists calling the notion of a man being the head of the house misogynistic and patriarchal. shocked Lol. Typical woman, always employing any narrative that is suitable.

CAPSLOCKED, JONNYSPUTE, Regiomontanus

cheesy grin grin

Caught red-handed.

Feminism my ass!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Blinkers: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
KevinDein:

Another theory is that the good times in the west, the prosperity they have enjoyed (and are still enjoying) gave rise to these weak men.

The message in the meme is so true!
Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2019
IamPlato:
Your IQ is Very High But Wisdom Is What You Seriously Lack...

Why Make A Big Deal Out Of Something Like This? Some Young Folks Here Would Read This And Probably Start Seeing Their Mothers wrongly As Something Different out Of Trying To Be Smart
you are so scared and defensive.. maube ur dad wasn't a bad man after all, reach out to your dad

1 Like

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Kriptune: 11:53am On Dec 13, 2019
Bumped into my late mum's friend.
After exchanging pleasantries, she just burst into tears, telling me how I look so much like my mum.

Many sweet memories started flooding in.
We were just there crying in public and saying scanty words.

I understand how you feel.
Life is precious, family is everything.

Starboytwo:
Ok, heres my story...

I was in 300 level, when my dad died in 2016, yeah i was there when he died, I mean literally, I was the last person he saw before he went beyond... I still remember how the nurses urshered me out, then I went by the window, I saw him took his last breath, I saw the nurse covering his face... I already knew before my brother's who were outside...

I didn't cry, when my eldest bro burst into tears, I just looked away, but I didn't cry... Why cry I didn't know the man... Apart from a few holidays, some visits, a long boring, very awkward (now most cherished) road trip, where we left Lagos in his car to our Homeland, azin our village "gan gan".... This old man took me home... Damn... I still didn't grab I needed my certificate of origin, cuz I just got admission...

You know the drill, polygamous family, 4 wives, 11 children... We the last, last wife, me and my little brother... Blah blah, she left, took us along, was five, bro was 3... Didn't see my old man again... Till he appeared when I was in pry 5... Coupla holidays, blah blah, my little bro decided to stay and live with him... So 50/50... All his children had some piece of him, except me... mummy's boy, all through... So I grew up on mummy stories, few times I spent with him were always awkward at best... Mummy's side was home, all the people I knew and loved ...

Looking back now, I think he tried to know me, he asked many questions, he bought me soccer boots, met my coach blah blah, drove me to my school, on my first day as a jss1 students( they still rep me till date, my old classmates)...

He was old, sick, yet still drove me home, I thought it'd be a day but we we're on day4 when I got real sick, I already told my mom and she made him bring me back....

all those quality times I could have spent with him, enjoy my father, his company, his last days Let's just say I was not a very good company.....

Something happened last week in my family and after 3 years since he gone, I cried uncontrollable in the bathroom, I cried so much my eyes were swollen,my girlfriend asked what's wrong with my eyes, they we're red with sorrow, I finally understood everything, it all came together, all the pieces,finally I know and understood the kind of man my father was, I finally understood the sacrifices he made, how hard his choices were... He was a good man, and for the first time in my life on Monday, I missed my dad...

For a minute I hated my mother for denying me the opportunity to know this man, my very own father... My beloved father... Damn...

I want to apologise dad, for being so stupid all this while, for not figuring things out soon enough, for frustrating you when you tried to connect, I'm sorry PAPA.... I will never Forget the look in your eye, the first day I came at the hospital, it's the most purest form of happiness I have ever seen, he held on to me and would not let go, he recognizes me after so many years and spoke so many things with his eyes, that now I fully understood....

Damn, i miss you Pop.... I miss you so much... I wish I could have that road trip again... Damn

Rest in piece sir....

1 Like

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Rubby007: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2019
thank u for this topic u actually raced my hope, am a victim of such as a father.
I wept yesterday while reading a trend on deadbeat father an how d guy eventually reconcile with his father.
I noticed DAT almost all the ladies in the comment section were sad about it. I wonder what is going on in their heads o .
my twin kids are just 3yrs now and for the past 6months now I have not seen or heard from dem, my marriage is 3yrs now and my wife as become estranged telling people lies about me just to be seen as a victim and me an irresponsible, illiterate, an a ritualist. whereas the truth of the matter is far from DAT
one day I will get tired of chasing and chose to face my life and someone will tag me a deadbeat father? I believe thunder will still be available sha

2 Likes

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Rubby007: 7:35am On Dec 14, 2019
Kriptune:
Bumped into my late mum's friend.
After exchanging pleasantries, she just burst into tears, telling me how I look so much like my mum.

Many sweet memories started flooding in.
We were just there crying in public and saying scanty words.

I understand how you feel.
Life is precious, family is everything.

DAT is there greatest mistake u can't win nature, nature will always wins for a kid to love his parent is nature an u can't take that of him oneday the truth will prevail. sorry for the loss pls try to forgive ur mom an don't pure the pain on ur wife
Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Kriptune: 11:01am On Dec 14, 2019
Rubby007:
DAT is there greatest mistake u can't win nature, nature will always wins for a kid to love his parent is nature an u can't take that of him oneday the truth will prevail. sorry for the loss pls try to forgive ur mom an don't pure the pain on ur wife

Naah... Contrary to the topic, I don't have issues with any of my parents. Was just sharing my own hurt feelings of the passing of my mum as per the post I quoted.
Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Kriptune: 11:04am On Dec 14, 2019
Rubby007:
thank u for this topic u actually raced my hope, am a victim of such as a father.
I wept yesterday while reading a trend on deadbeat father an how d guy eventually reconcile with his father.
I noticed DAT almost all the ladies in the comment section were sad about it. I wonder what is going on in their heads o .
my twin kids are just 3yrs now and for the past 6months now I have not seen or heard from dem, my marriage is 3yrs now and my wife as become estranged telling people lies about me just to be seen as a victim and me an irresponsible, illiterate, an a ritualist. whereas the truth of the matter is far from DAT
one day I will get tired of chasing and chose to face my life and someone will tag me a deadbeat father? I believe thunder will still be available sha

Don't give up on your kids bro, cos they won't forgive you for not fighting harder.

They'll surely judge your actions and decisions from the perspective their mum shows them, and if you give up chasing, it'll almost make their judgement valid.
Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Martinez39(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2019
Rubby007:
I am saddened by your story. It is typical of women to propagate tales to malign the spouse's character and personality after a disagreement. When some men try hard without success to reconnect with their kids who have been successfully brainwashed to turn against them, it can be very draining and discouraging and the man asks himself "what's the point? Why fight a losing battle?" Many abandon the search to focus on other important things in their life because it doesn't make sense to forgo important aspects of life and waste energy and time on the fruitless effort of trying to reconnect with your kids.

When they abandon reaching out and, perhaps, hopefully wait till their kids attain the age of reason so they can hear the other side of the story, they are labelled "deadbeat."

5 Likes

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by CAPSLOCKED: 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
Rubby007:

I noticed DAT almost all the ladies in the comment section were sad about it.

JUST LIKE PEAK, HATRED IS EMBEDDED IN MOST WOMEN'S MINDS. HATRED FOR THEIR FELLOW WOMEN, HATRED FOR ALL MEN (EXCEPT THEIR LOYAL SLAVE SONS). IT'S IN THEM.
MOST WOMEN WILL VOTE FOR THE ANNIHILATION OF ALL MEN ON EARTH IF THE MEN'S MONEY AND PROPERTIES WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO THEM, AND IF THERE'S PROVISION FOR LOADS OF LOVE-TOYS.
THEY ALWAYS WANT TO SEE MEN GO THROUGH SUFFERING AND THE NEGATIVE THINGS IN LIFE, THAT IS WHY EVEN WITHOUT KNOWING THE GUY'S FULL STORY OR FAMILY, THEY ALREADY CONCLUDED THAT THE GUY'S FATHER IS THE DEVIL WHO MUST BE PUT AWAY FOREVER... NOW THEY HATE THE GUY FOR RECONCILING WITH HIS OWN FATHER WHO THEY ALREADY HATE FOR NO REASON.
HAVE I MENTIONED THAT HATRED IS EMBEDDED IN MOST WOMEN'S MINDS?

Rubby007:

NOT THAT I KNOW YOUR STORY, BUT IN MANY CASES A MAN DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST HIS CHILDREN TO BE A VILLAIN IN THEIR EYES. HE CAN BE THE BEST MAN TO THEM, GIVE HIS ALL, BUT ONCE HE HAS A MISUNDERSTANDING WITH HIS WOMAN, SHE EXTENDS THE CHAOS TO THE KIDS. WE'VE SEEN THIS PLAY OUT VERY WELL, NO BE SO? MARTINEZ39. INSTEAD OF FIXING THINGS WITH JUST AN ARROGANT WOMAN, HE HAS TO ALSO WORK TO FIX HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE KIDS, BUT IT'LL NEVER WORK BECAUSE HER ARROGANCE WILL PERSIST, HE'S TEMPER WILL BE HOT, SHE'LL KEEP MAKING THE PICTURE SEEM LIKE IT'S BOTH SHE AND THE KIDS THAT ARE UNDER ATTACK, MEANWHILE SHE'S THE CHIEF TROUBLEMAKER.

AS A LEADING BEER DRINKER IN MY HOOD, THERE'S NOTHING CAPSLOCKED HAS NOT HEARD FROM FRUSTRATED MARRIED MEN WHO ASSEMBLE AT MY FAVORITE BEER JOINT EVERYDAY TO RECOUNT THEIR MISERY. cheesy

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by profstar(m): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IS IT SUCH A BAD THING FOR MOTHERS TO BE SEEN WRONGLY? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY FATHERS HAVE BEEN SEEN WRONGLY ALL OVER THE WORLD SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME?

THIS THREAD CALLS IN CHILDREN OF DEADBEATS.... BUT HERE YOU ALL ARE, ACTING AS IF MARTINEZ39 PERSONALLY INSULTS YOUR MOTHERS. WHY NOT READ AND WALK AWAY AND LET CONCERNED PEOPLE REASON TOGETHER.

YOUR MUM IS NOT LIKE THAT, YOUR MUM IS THIS AND THAT....
OGA, EXIT THE THREAD FOR PEOPLE THAT THEIR MUMS ARE LIKE THAT. THIS THREAD IS FOR THEM. TO HELP THEM THINK AND POSSIBLY RECONCILE WITH THEIR DADS IF SUCH SITUATIONS HAVE CAUSED DISPUTES.

YOU SAY YOU'RE WISE AND REASONABLE, BUT EVEN THE SIMPLEST THINGS MISSES YOUR COMPREHENSION. NA WA.

Perfect response.
Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by CeterisXVII: 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
JUST LIKE PEAK, HATRED IS EMBEDDED IN MOST WOMEN'S MINDS. HATRED FOR THEIR FELLOW WOMEN, HATRED FOR ALL MEN (EXCEPT THEIR LOYAL SLAVE SONS). IT'S IN THEM.
MOST WOMEN WILL VOTE FOR THE ANNIHILATION OF ALL MEN ON EARTH IF THE MEN'S MONEY AND PROPERTIES WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO THEM, AND IF THERE'S PROVISION FOR LOADS OF LOVE-TOYS.
THEY ALWAYS WANT TO SEE MEN GO THROUGH SUFFERING AND THE NEGATIVE THINGS IN LIFE, THAT IS WHY EVEN WITHOUT KNOWING THE GUY'S FULL STORY OR FAMILY, THEY ALREADY CONCLUDED THAT THE GUY'S FATHER IS THE DEVIL WHO MUST BE PUT AWAY FOREVER... NOW THEY HATE THE GUY FOR RECONCILING WITH HIS OWN FATHER WHO THEY ALREADY HATE FOR NO REASON.
HAVE I MENTIONED THAT HATRED IS EMBEDDED IN MOST WOMEN'S MINDS?

NOT THAT I KNOW YOUR STORY, BUT IN MANY CASES A MAN DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST HIS CHILDREN TO BE A VILLAIN IN THEIR EYES. HE CAN BE THE BEST MAN TO THEM, GIVE HIS ALL, BUT ONCE HE HAS A MISUNDERSTANDING WITH HIS WOMAN, SHE EXTENDS THE CHAOS TO THE KIDS. WE'VE SEEN THIS PLAY OUT VERY WELL, NO BE SO? MARTINEZ39. INSTEAD OF FIXING THINGS WITH JUST AN ARROGANT WOMAN, HE HAS TO ALSO WORK TO FIX HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE KIDS, BUT IT'LL NEVER WORK BECAUSE HER ARROGANCE WILL PERSIST, HE'S TEMPER WILL BE HOT, SHE'LL KEEP MAKING THE PICTURE SEEM LIKE IT'S BOTH SHE AND THE KIDS THAT ARE UNDER ATTACK, MEANWHILE SHE'S THE CHIEF TROUBLEMAKER.

AS A LEADING BEER DRINKER IN MY HOOD, THERE'S NOTHING CAPSLOCKED HAS NOT HEARD FROM FRUSTRATED MARRIED MEN WHO ASSEMBLE AT MY FAVORITE BEER JOINT EVERYDAY TO RECOUNT THEIR MISERY. cheesy

Re: Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. by Martinez39s(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Paul8000, I think you would find this thread of mine relevant. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming" / My Wife Bleaches And Smells; It's Affecting My Health: Husband / I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.