Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! (31167 Views)

Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? / What Literature Books Did You Read In School? / Mention One Book You'll Read Over And Over Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by cutegentility(m): 4:04am On Sep 06, 2019
harsysky:
The War of Art.

Some may think I meant "Art of War" by sun tzu, no, no

Who is the author?
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by cutegentility(m): 4:06am On Sep 06, 2019
Goodlyhrt:
dey many sha

in no particular order:

The holy bible
Seven books of moses
The iliad
48 Laws of power
all of Shakespeare
all of Dan Brown
So many books of magic
The art of war...
You have read so many books!!!
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by cutegentility(m): 4:10am On Sep 06, 2019
efembaba:
Seriously I have read many great books but dem never change much(or maybe they have and I don't know) except of course the Bible. Well among my top list though are
The seven habits of highly effective people
Men are from earth women are from venus
Rich dad poor dad
Purple cow
Emotional intelligence(I never finish am simce like 5 years)
David and Goliath
Purpose driven life etc

You have read. So many books

You said you are yet to finish one out of all the aforementioned - The book must be very vast

grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Fayvhur(f): 4:40am On Sep 06, 2019
cutegentility:
In the time past, I don't believe in reading, especially books relating principles and morals.

But now, I see that the more you read the more you will be able to see!!!

Those men have experienced what life really is: they understand underlying principles that cause success, good habit etc.

And the fact remains that we cannot live to experience all but rather to learn from their mistakes, challenges as well as their experiences because they have all been there.

I come across this book by Brian Tracy - The Power of Self Discipline

and also:

The Rule of love by Richard Templar.

To say the least: "The reading of these books help shaped my life.".

I will also like to read Richdad and poordad someday.

Please feel free to add yours.

Let someone learn

The beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy lefteri and god's with little g
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by tropaz(m): 4:57am On Sep 06, 2019
I'm not much of a reader.
But my life didn't remain the same after reading
1, Born a crime
2, Why you act the way you do
3, Ecclesiastics (the whole chapter)

5 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by mu2sa2: 6:11am On Sep 06, 2019
I read life itself. Life is the greatest teacher; if you fail to read life, you will fail in life no matter the number of books available to you. I have read life to the point that I can call myself a graduate of the university of life.

5 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by CaveAdullam: 6:39am On Sep 06, 2019
I mostly deal on Christian/Religious books. The Bible is the number one best book and I will continue to dwell in it till my last breath or the Lord's second coming. Let me list my top ten;
1. The spiritual man by watchman Nee.

2. Normal Christian life by watchman Nee.

3. Christian secret of a happy life by Hannah withall smith.

4. How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie.

5. Cold case Christianity by Jim Warner Wallace

6. God's crime scene by Jim Warner Wallace

7. Forensic faith by Jim Warner Wallace

8. Animal farm by George Owell

9. Prayer Bible study course by Kenneth Hagin.

10. What is wrong with being black by Matthew Ashimolowo.

Additional ones;

1. Kneeling Christian by unknown

2. God of all comfort by Hannah withall smith.

3. Secret of a prayer warrior by Derek prince.

More are still coming, in fact reading is life and for life.

Thanks.

God bless.

10 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Crazeworld(m): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2019
I've not read much but I'll say The richest man in Babylon is an eye opener for me.
Currently reading Rich dad poor dad.

Download ANYBOOKS app from playstore and read for free

Screenshot of my bookshelf

You can also download books from this website
https://b-ok.cc/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by kaikubura: 6:46am On Sep 06, 2019
Outliers
My vision
360° leader

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by GreenArrow1(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2019
cutegentility:

People claim this book of Moses is magical.

Is it?

Well, the interpretation of "magical" is relative.

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by CaveAdullam: 7:02am On Sep 06, 2019
Goodlyhrt:
dey many sha

in no particular order:

The holy bible
Seven books of moses
The iliad
48 Laws of power
all of Shakespeare
all of Dan Brown
So many books of magic
The art of war...
How were you able to read and understand the seven book of Moses? Because it was confusing in reading to me not to even talk of understanding. In fact the book was just turnioniown. Loool

You and magic books ehn,hmmm, you tried, well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Judybash93(m): 7:18am On Sep 06, 2019
The 48 laws of power

The God delusion

Mastery

The art of seduction

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Cousin9999: 7:19am On Sep 06, 2019
All of them.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by bjbjbj: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2019
My favorite

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by bjbjbj: 7:21am On Sep 06, 2019
Rich dad poor dad?

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Omero(m): 7:21am On Sep 06, 2019
My book of Bible Stories!

3 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by flami95: 7:22am On Sep 06, 2019
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The treasure you find around is within you!

4 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by bamasite(m): 7:22am On Sep 06, 2019
On my way to the office.

Watch this space!!!
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by EvieP(f): 7:23am On Sep 06, 2019
I hv not set my mind on reading this book each time i picks it up i simply drop it back
kingmill:
Richest Man in Babylon :George S Clarkson.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Bizzysmitty(m): 7:23am On Sep 06, 2019
The Atlas Shrugged
by Ayn Rand.
Rules for radicals.
by Saul Allinski.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by OB7Foreva(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2019
48 laws of power.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Incandescent(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2019
The richest man in Babylon
Gifted Hands
Alchemist
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by bjbjbj: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2019
One of my favorite

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Preshob(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2019
excel127:

I have it in pdf format

Please can i get it sir?? Preciouscyno6063@gmail.com

Thank you very much
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by okeniti: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2019
Who Moved My Cheese, The Satanic Bible, The Interesting Life & Times of Olaudah Equiano, The Autobiography of Malcolm X, Nigeria (by Richard Bourne) and The History Of The Yoruba People (by Prof. Akintoye) are some I can mention off top.

Never read it fully but what i've read in The Holy Bible gets an honourable mention for shaping my life.

4 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Nwaohafia1: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2019
Vulcanheph:
The da Vinci code by dan brown.

The art of war by sun tzu

The secret (i Can't remember the author)

These three books changed my perspective of life.

The "Art of War" shows you are an activist

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by EvieP(f): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2019
Emotional intelligence great book
efembaba:
Seriously I have read many great books but dem never change much(or maybe they have and I don't know) except of course the Bible. Well among my top list though are
The seven habits of highly effective people
Men are from earth women are from venus
Rich dad poor dad
Purple cow
Emotional intelligence(I never finish am simce like 5 years)
David and Goliath
Purpose driven life etc

3 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by sodieklucas(m): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2019
The secret by Ronda Bryan
It comes with a disc
Vulcanheph:
The da Vinci code by dan brown.

The art of war by sun tzu

The secret (i Can't remember the author)

These three books changed my perspective of life.

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Starhearts: 7:28am On Sep 06, 2019
Seven book of Moses.
The richest man in Babylon.
Rich dad and Poor daddy

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Rogersmith(m): 7:29am On Sep 06, 2019
i believe in visions by Kenneth E. Hagin
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Offpoint: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2019
I don't read motivational books, they're nothing but lies... I only read Crime stories:.

*You're Dead without money - James Hadley Chase
*The Wary Transgressor-
*The Guilty Are Afraid -
*You find him I'll fix him
*An Ace Up My Sleeve
*Double Shuffle
*Miss Shumway waves a wand
*Just Another sucker
* I have a change of scene
*The Soft center
All by James Hadley Chase

others
No need to die
A life for death
The toff of Ice
The old master
Russian Roulette....

and many more

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

New Story: 'anini Reloaded' By Ayis Eliboy / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books / Horror In Two Sentences..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.